Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Disaster

Ah well

Plenty more football to be played

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Still plenty of opportunities to get automatic but not looking great

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

One of those days

an understatement..

Couldn’t of went worse, loss, red card and injury...Jesus Christ.
    Sooo many mistakes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Gutted.

Proper six pointer gone the wrong way. At home.

Pontus with a potential knee injury.

Casillas suspended.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Casilla out for the Millwall game. Could have been worse, I thought it was a three match ban for a straight red.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I knew I shouldn't have started drinking at 12.30

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Mushy wrote: »

I wish I had started drinking at 12.30.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »

Yeah, a couple of hours earlier would have been a better idea.

7:30 here, could do with a drink myself

• Advertisement

At least it's only 1 point behind...that's what the young optimist in me would have said years ago

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

Keep the Faith, M.O.T

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Its just pure Leeds though isn't it!

Sheffield united were excellent , we didn't have a shot on target , they did a proper job on bamford in the second half .

Anyway loads to games to play , not over yet.

Come on Rotherham !!!

I keep reading we didn’t have a shot on target. Roberts smashed one off the post!

quarryman wrote: »
    I keep reading we didn’t have a shot on target. Roberts smashed one off the post!

Well that changes everything then doesn’t it...lol
    Not that it matters but would the target not be to get it between the posts ???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,725 ✭✭✭✭blueser

quarryman wrote: »
    The post isn't classed as "on target".

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I think a straight red can be appealed. I haven't seen any replay of it but looked very soft

championc wrote: »
    I think a straight red can be appealed. I haven't seen any replay of it but looked very soft

I don’t think the ref had a choice, looked pretty clear cut to me, we can argue about whether players would of got back and all that put he rounded keeper, got taken down, can’t have too many arguments

I think we look destined for playoffs at this point, as it stands we would play Villa right, I would be very scared, they got talent and have underperformed

Don't suppose any season ticket holders could get additional tickets for this? My wife has told me today she has booked this for my birthday and didn't think tickets would be an issue !!!!

I'm a silver member so haven't a hope in the general sale.

I actually feel sorry for her as in fairness any game she has been to tickets have not been a problem!

Just gonna bump this now the dust has settled after yesterday.

Any gold members or season ticket holders on here not attending the Wigan game who might help me out?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So now that I have accepted the way things are going and readjusted my expectations, I think it is very possible that come Paddys day we are 4th and 6 points behind 2nd spot (if we lost against WBA, Bristol and Sheff Utd). It would be hard to turn the momentum around at that point. If we can manage to get something more positive from the next 4 games, say are only 3 points back from the automatic places come Paddys day then our run in does look reasonable but right now it's hard to be optimistic - such is the life of a Leeds fan!
    This was my post from the day after we lost to QPR. Putting a positive view on things I think the last 4 games as a whole went much better than most of us feared at the time. We are only 1 point out of the automatic spot and realistically it's between us and Sheff Utd now for that spot. The way it is going it will probably go down to the last match where both of us are away from home, us at Villa, them at Stoke. I just hope we have our noses in front at the start of that day.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    This was my post from the day after we lost to QPR. Putting a positive view on things I think the last 4 games as a whole went much better than most of us feared at the time. We are only 1 point out of the automatic spot and realistically it's between us and Sheff Utd now for that spot. The way it is going it will probably go down to the last match where both of us are away from home, us at Villa, them at Stoke. I just hope we have our noses in front at the start of that day.

Jaysus I know Ipswich are muck and getting relegated, but not to count them as a match is harsh :)

But yeah, fully agree. Similar run in, just have to better their results really

Woops, Norwich are at Villa - of course it was the tractor boys I meant! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Was feeling pretty gutted after the result over the weekend but a bit more hopeful today!

Not over, plenty of points to be won and their run in is marginally harder than ours. MOT.

A few tickets for Millwall available now to ALL members....east stand family area and south stand upper

A few tickets for Millwall available now to ALL members....east stand family area and south stand upper

Surprised by this! hopefully a repeat of this for the Wigan game :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Any word on Pontus - is his injury likely to mean him missing games? If the answer is 'yes', is Berardi available?

3 weeks out for Pontus I think, so likely to miss Millwall but could be back after that.

Berardi available afaik

Anyone done the East Midlands Airport to Leeds trip by public transport lately? Just wondering about train times from Derby

• Advertisement

Anyone done the East Midlands Airport to Leeds trip by public transport lately? Just wondering about train times from Derby

Done it a few times.

Bus from Airport to Derby Train Station will take about 40 mins.

For the train from Derby to Leeds, in many cases, 2 singles from Derby to Sheffield and Sheffield to Leeds can work out much cheaper than a direct Derby to Leeds ticket - even though it might be the same train all the way.

Train is about 1hr 40 in total

championc wrote: »
    Done it a few times.

Bus from Airport to Derby Train Station will take about 40 mins.

For the train from Derby to Leeds, in many cases, 2 singles from Derby to Sheffield and Sheffield to Leeds can work out much cheaper than a direct Derby to Leeds ticket - even though it might be the same train all the way.

Train is about 1hr 40 in total

I just did it once, but checkout the trainline website for prices. Worked well for me

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

We did this last weekend, but we hired a car, which came to about 70€ including diesel. Probably cheaper for 2 people than by train. 1.5 hours drive, parked beside elland road. Painless and cheap.

We did this last weekend, but we hired a car, which came to about 70€ including diesel. Probably cheaper for 2 people than by train. 1.5 hours drive, parked beside elland road. Painless and cheap.

The train option is good for a one-way journey. I'm not sure of prices for drop-off at another airport.

The last time, the two trains cost me just over £5 each. I think a direct Derby to Leeds train priced up around £30

The legend that is Gary Kelly, love that man I do.

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1111250433413124097

Jansson and Forshaw are fit for Saturday

Roofe will be back for Birmingham match

• Advertisement

Feck it anyway

And paddy misses a pen , harrison a 1v1 .... I hope its not one of those days

F#*king douglas again ......at fault v sheffield united and again today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

Get in

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Get in Pablo, Sheffield United down too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

As Phil Hay called him, Pablo 'not in the EFL team of the year' Hernandez. What a legend!!

• Advertisement

Yesssss! Thanks for joining me folks I was talking to myself like that weird oulfella in the pub!!!!

We are going up as champions

That's a roller coaster of a game. Back in 2nd, dunno how it happened

Thought it was gonna be another one of those days....failing to convert chances.

Showed great bottle to win it though. How the fcuk is Pablo not in the team of the year?!

And the NOISE :)

Bamford god love him, nothing came off for him today. Need Roofe back asap

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭RichardoKhan

Phew......

I’d nearly prefer we stayed in championship, it’s great craic to be fair

I’d nearly prefer we stayed in championship, it’s great craic to be fair

You shut your mouth.

edit: it is good craic though.

quarryman wrote:
    You shut your mouth.

quarryman wrote:
    edit: it is good craic though.

Yea Its a great league when your involved in the promotion mix !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Yea Its a great league when your involved in the promotion mix !

I find it much more entertaining that the PL tbh. The top 6 in the PL is a static bunch. Its really split into the top 6 and then "best of the rest". I sometimes watch MotD and think "God, this is dull stuff, give me Brentford at home to Norwich any day".

I will miss the Championship next year if Leeds go up, but I think I will still watch the Championship games. Its much more entertaining than the PL and I just feel that many of the players are more passionate about their clubs. Any one of 15 teams could realistically win the Championship next year. In the PL, it will be one of 3 and most probably Man City (again).

Championship is far more engaging and open than the EPL. Some big clubs, Leeds, Villa, Forest, Derby, WBA, Wednesday, and a real cut throat feel, anything can happen in any game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement