Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Complete disaster. We were utterly clueless. So many nothing crosses. Wigan deserved the win. Absolutely gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Full time, you would swear Wigan have won something by the way they are celebrating.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Absolutely bottled it:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I'm going to try fast-forward to the "still lots of football to be played" stage with many beers and bbq meats :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

F**k sake

• Advertisement

We need to hammer in 4 against Brentford on Monday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

No composure and kept doing the same thing over and over. Delivery has been poor all season

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I normally defend harrison but my god he was awful today , bielsa should have withdrawn him for his own good , also in my opinion the double sub at half time was rash and premature , missed pen , hit the post twice and I missed our goal as my 4 year old needed a slash , just a crappy day overall :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Folks, this is typical Leeds . If anyone thought that we'd have an easy run they were deluded . SNAFU as always. It's out of our hands now.

Howard Wilkinson summed it up a few weeks ago when asked about the current Leeds side, careful not to step on anybody's toes but he said.
    A lot of teams in the Championship trying to play like Manchester City but don't have Aguero or De Bruyne, a lot of teams playing their way to the attacking third but then the key to unlocking the box isn't there. And games are put at risk because of that.
    Jesus, what a clever man. It was a downward spiral when he left.

Check out the whole interview here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6ilOlyjig

• Advertisement

Howard Wilkinson summed it up a few weeks ago when asked about the current Leeds side, careful not to step on anybody's toes but he said.

Jesus, what a clever man. It was a downward spiral when he left.

Check out the whole interview here.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fv6ilOlyjig

Wilkinson was one dour manager but his tactics worked to perfection in the era between 89 and 92. Functional centre halves, flying full backs, a midfield divided between a tough tackler and a passer, fast wingers and the big guy / small guy up front. Think the game has moved on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Flew to London from California to watch brentford game on Monday, I thought there was a good possibility we could be securing promotion if everything went to plan yesterday and Monday, boy was I wrong

I'm too young to remember the Colchester defeat or the Jeff Astle goal. I can remember the Charlton playoff defeat in 1987 after Sheridan scored in the 99th minute. But Leeds have had some list of calamitous results over the years.

And if they miss out on promotion, yesterday will be in the top 10...

And if they miss out on promotion, yesterday will be in the top 10...

It'll be number 1 , I was at the game yesterday and in the first few mins ayling got the ball and hoofed it down the line and I had a feeling it was gonna be one of those days because that is so rare under bielsa

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I'm too young to remember the Colchester defeat or the Jeff Astle goal.

I've been following the Club for over 46 years and the first major kick in the teeth I remember was Sunderland in '73. I'd have to say that yesterday was as choked as I can remember feeling in a long, long time. A devastating loss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

I've been following the Club for over 46 years and the first major kick in the teeth I remember was Sunderland in '73. I'd have to say that yesterday was as choked as I can remember feeling in a long, long time. A devastating loss.

I remember it well, last Friday was nearly as bad. The first of 4 must win games against a poor team with 10 men for most of the game and we did a no show. I was afraid to post in here for fear of being banned, utterly disgusted is putting it mildly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Behind the scenes look at the club at 11am on BBC Radio 5.

One bright spot. Not as good as the Ayling-Berardi-Jansson-Bartley chant but still stuck in my head since Friday

https://twitter.com/R33TOL/status/1119542693296787456

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Have we managed to best any team who decided to "park the bus" ? Brum and QPR come to mind

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still annoyed at Fridays game.

Now to go through it all again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

It's going to be a long day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,319 ✭✭✭emo72

Best of luck lads, hope yous make it back up. I'll never forgive that Yeboah goal though.

emo72 wrote: »
    Best of luck lads, hope yous make it back up. I'll never forgive that Yeboah goal though.

Ah sure maybe next year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Sheffield United 3-0 up at half time. To have any chance now will surely need three wins in a row and even then it is unlikely.

Desperately disappointing!

I think the Wigan game did it for us. I am still baffled and annoyed.
    Leeds a goal up CHECK
    Playing at Elland Road CHECK
    Wigan down to 10 men CHECK
    Wigan are mediocre and fighting to stay in the division. CHECK
    We probably don't deserve it after that ****show.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Still keeping faith that Sheffield will slip up away to Stoke last game of season. That’s assuming we take care of our own business which is a big ask

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Very hard to define a season over 46 games but Wigan @ home and QPR away were the standout defeats for me ... can't see anything other than the playoffs now and I'd be surprised if we get the better of Villa for that 3rd place

Bamford should have shot earlier there. Ref should needs to be demoted before half time though, that's a shocking call

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Playoffs here we come

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I can't see us winning another game at the minute never mind promotion. Thoroughly depressed

Bah.

Playoffs then. A chance to exorcise the ghosts of Watford or, more likely, gloriously implode again.

Bah.

Playoffs then. A chance to exorcise the ghosts of Watford or, more likely, gloriously implode again.

There's three teams in the playoffs who will want to play Leeds right now

DoctaDee wrote: »
    Very hard to define a season over 46 games but Wigan @ home and QPR away were the standout defeats for me ...

The home loss to Sheff Utd was huge.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Woeful

You're killing me Leeds

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Really poor again. No cutting edge up front. I think our lack of signings in January has cost us. We were crying out for a good striker but didn't get one.

Brentford more likely to score again here than us scoring

Bielsa's subs have not helped the situation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

True - but I'd personally balance the scales with our fortuitous win away ..

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,739 ✭✭✭ASOT

:(

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I think the defeat against QPR was a bigger result. That was a match that should have been a guaranteed 3 points, and it turned out to be Steve McLaren's only win in 15 games in charge there. Those three points would have given us a little bit of leeway should we struggle like we have this game and the last, but we never had the luxury of that cushion.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Anyone want a couple of tickets for the Villa game? Have zero interest in going now. Flights and hotel booked for what almost certainly going to be a dead rubber now.

• Advertisement

We all would have laughed if someone told us 0 points from 6 over Easter ...what the feck has happened

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Really poor again. No cutting edge up front. I think our lack of signings in January has cost us. We were crying out for a good striker but didn't get one.

The Daniel James saga was a huge factor, they land him and they would have gone up.

F######################ck

Im going to smash my nieces easter egg. I need somebody else to feel as bad as I do :o

Zaph wrote: »
    I think the defeat against QPR was a bigger result. That was a match that should have been a guaranteed 3 points, and it turned out to be Steve McLaren's only win in 15 games in charge there. Those three points would have given us a little bit of leeway should we struggle like we have this game and the last, but we never had the luxury of that cushion.

Is it me or do teams always seem to end a bad run against Leeds.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Im going to smash my nieces easter egg. I need somebody else to feel as bad as I do :o

Your niece still has an Easter egg left? She's doing it wrong!

Well in QPR's case they just interrupted a bad run with a win against Leeds. But you're right, it seems that you can generally count on a team going through a bad patch to get something against us.

I think Leeds are a reactionary side. I would reckon we hold the record in the division for going behind in matches. When we do claw it back we say well done but more often than not we don't. Not good enough in this division and here we are.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

This team hasn't the bottle to get through a playoff semi never mind a final.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Let Bielsa send out the u23 team for last two fixtures and take the first team off for a hardcore training session like he did for international breaks. We came back from them all guns blazing.

Zaph wrote: »
    Well in QPR's case they just interrupted a bad run with a win against Leeds. But you're right, it seems that you can generally count on a team going through a bad patch to get something against us.

From what I can remember. Forest, Birmigham twice, QPR, Stoke and Brentford where all on bad runs when they beat us. Could be more, cant remember though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Whatever about yesterday, I just can't believe we fúcked it up against Wigan. Unbelievable.

Play-offs it is then.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement