Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

quarryman wrote: »
    Not sure what Kilch could have done differently. He was played through, the ref had not blown to stop play. He would have been criticised if he had NOT took the opportunity.

The ref could have been far better ill agree with that and perhaps like Kanu back 20 year ago there could have been a misunderstanding. Its as if the Leeds players themselves were kind of in two minds what to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Jaysis im only seeing the bamford incident properly now , I can't defend him.....(unlike most of the championships defenders)

Kalyke wrote: »
    Pis6 off

So this poster was carded for reacting to an obvious troll.

It's a superthread, the poster who came on just to have a go at the entire club and supporters of Leeds should be dealt with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,239 ✭✭✭Jimbob1977

I feel sorry for Jansson. His team mates and opposition rounded on him.

Clearly he thought the whole episode was unprofessional and against the spirit of football

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,519 ✭✭✭ozzy jr

Leeds were perfectly entitled to score that goal.

If I was a fan id have walked out in disgust after the equaliser though.

F**k all this kicking the ball out s*ite for players that are pretending to be injured. You play to the whistle, full stop.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

So this poster was carded for reacting to an obvious troll.

It's a superthread, the poster who came on just to have a go at the entire club and supporters of Leeds should be dealt with.

Not going to turn this into a discussion about modding, there are other places on Boards for that, but the rules have always been very clear, you abuse another poster and you'll get carded, even if it's a reaction to a troll. If you feel someone is trolling, report them and let them get carded, not you for taking their bait.

Zaph wrote: »
    Not going to turn this into a discussion about modding, there are other places on Boards for that, but the rules have always been very clear, you abuse another poster and you'll get carded, even if it's a reaction to a troll. If you feel someone is trolling, report them and let them get carded, not you for taking their bait.

True, but the poster quoted the post he was responding to, so the mod who issued the card must have seen it and must have known they were on a superthread. I don't think telling someone to clear off is abusive, but if it is, the other poster should have got at least the same, it's not like mods can only act on foot of a report.

Anyway, back to the game, if Leeds and Villa reach the final it'd be the biggest showdown in English football in years, outside the top flight. Despite their cheating today, no denying Villa are a huge club and like Leeds should really be streets ahead of the Bournemouth and Burnleys.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I am proud of the Leeds manager today but feel a little let down by Bamford and Janssons behaviour. The playoffs were all that mattered after Brentford. Act with dignity. Having said that, play on if we get a similar scenario against Terry's Villa going forward. Screw him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agree with Stryker on Bamford. He has been a real disappointment for me, I was expecting so much more from him. His dive yesterday was embarrassing. As for Jansson, I think he deserves to be cut some slack - his instincts kicked in and I'm sure in hindsight he agrees with the call from Bielsa and didn't intend to disrespect him.
    It was interesting though watching MOTD2 last night in the Burnley v Man City game. Kyle Walker goes down in a heap in the middle of the pitch as he was coming out with the ball, Burnley break quickly and almost score. Nothing said about fair play there and the City players played to the whistle - they didn't stand around moaning for the ball to be put out! This rule of putting the ball out is daft. As others said, let the ref make that decision, otherwise everyone should play on (as they did in the Burnley v City match).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Utterly embarrassing from Bamford. Card should be overturned, but Hourihane should have gone.

I don't agree Roberts did any sort of feint, he played on and waited for Klich and there was nothing wrong with the goal. Don't agree with Bielsa's decision to let them walk it in.

But fúck it, quite a meaningless game anyway after the Blades won on Sat.

• Advertisement

On Bamford, meh.

I doubt any Villa fan fans are beating themselves up over Grealish and his theatrical dives. Maybe Bamford shouldn't have copied what Grealish does routinely, but Villa fans are one group who can't whine about it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Bamford is a disgrace, there can be no arguments. Embarrassing that kind of thing is done by a Leeds player. It's cheating, pure and simple.

However I see nothing wrong with the goal and I'm disappointed in Bielsa. Kicking the ball out of play is nonsense. The ref will stop the match if it's a serious injury, that's his job. If there was anything hanging on yesterday's game I would be fuming now.

I only hope there's no problems in the dressing room with Jansson and Bielsa now.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    It's cheating, pure and simple...

It is.

It's what Villa did, all game. I presume the likes of John Terry coach it into them. Grealish cheats in pretty much every game. Bamford did it once. It's amusing to see Villa fans upset about people falling over, do they not watch Villa in action?

The goal and reaction really spiced up what was otherwise a non event.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Enough excitement for a dead rubber!

A little annoying seeing some reports state that Bielsa "handed" automatic promotion to Sheff Utd, given they were already effectively up with the large goal difference.

If he hadn't given the instruction though, can you imagine the media sh*tstorm that would have followed? Dirty Leeds etc. Had enough of that distraction with spygate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

It is cheating and, unfortunately, it is what is expected of the modern footballer. All well and good when it is subtle and to the benefit of your own team. However, when it is bleedin' obvious it exposes our game as being more about results at any cost, rather than good competitive sport

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

maximoose wrote: »
    Utterly embarrassing from Bamford. Card should be overturned, but Hourihane should have gone.

I don't agree Roberts did any sort of feint, he played on and waited for Klich and there was nothing wrong with the goal. Don't agree with Bielsa's decision to let them walk it in.

But fúck it, quite a meaningless game anyway after the Blades won on Sat.

Bamfords behaviour was not good at all.
    I was watching it back and the Aston Villa player also pushed him to the ground after his theatrics. So by the letter of the law he raised his hands and should have been sent off. Agree Hourihane was lucky to stay on too.

Hourihane really should be banned for a few games, of all the Villa players who lost it he was completely out of control.

Good news for the U23s, they beat Coventry 3-2 AET in the PDL semi-final. They'll play either Ipswich or Birmingham in the national final. Great to see a good crop of youngsters coming through, and quite a few of them like Clark and Shackleton already have first team experience. The future's looking good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Zaph wrote: »
    Good news for the U23s, they beat Coventry 3-2 AET in the PDL semi-final. They'll play either Ipswich or Birmingham in the national final. Great to see a good crop of youngsters coming through, and quite a few of them like Clark and Shackleton already have first team experience. The future's looking good.

Watched the 2nd half and ET online. Really nice flowing football from lads who look as if they have being playing together for many years

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

What's the norm with playoff tickets? Anyone thinking of travelling?

• Advertisement

I've read there's a 38k allocation to the clubs - tickets will be offered to ST holders first I imagine and then to members

Plan to go to the semi home leg, and maybe the final If I can get hands on tickets

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Shlippery wrote: »
    What's the norm with playoff tickets? Anyone thinking of travelling?

Flights look good enough so keeping an eye on ticket situation now. Very pregnant wife so would need to a be a day trip I think. Would like to know if Buskers sports bar gets a crowd of Leeds fans if I don't/can't go. It looked set for Leeds games earlier in the season.

Would like to know if Buskers sports bar gets a crowd of Leeds fans if I don't/can't go. It looked set for Leeds games earlier in the season.

There has been a decent crowd in the Woolshed for the last few matches I've went in for

Flights look good enough so keeping an eye on ticket situation now. Very pregnant wife so would need to a be a day trip I think. Would like to know if Buskers sports bar gets a crowd of Leeds fans if I don't/can't go. It looked set for Leeds games earlier in the season.

Baby due the 25th myself means no playoffs for me :(

Selfish bitch :pac::pac::pac:

Baby due the 25th myself means no playoffs for me :(

Selfish bitch :pac::pac::pac:

You should get naming rights so

Little baby Pablo?

Yea, €43 return for flights on the 26th ..3pm on a Monday seems a bit bonkers though, no?

V doable to fly over and back same day...all we need to do is..get to the final!

Shlippery wrote: »
    3pm on a Monday seems a bit bonkers though, no?

I think it's a UK bank holiday

maximoose wrote: »
    There has been a decent crowd in the Woolshed for the last few matches I've went in for

Actually thought of there as a venue for all the screens. That'll be the back-up so if the dream day-trip doesn't happen. Or we don't actually get to Wembley!

On the baby front, James is the leading contender for a boy's name so I was more gutted than most when the Dan James transfer didn't happen. A few years of that on the back of kids' jerseys would've been handy! Pablita for a girl obviously....

Pablita for a girl obviously....

Or Marcela.

• Advertisement

Jack or Jackie has you covered for boy or girl and it even spans generations, wor Jack for the grandparents and young Clarke for the new generation!

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/1123248185525321728

2 Game ban for Bamford - ‘successful deception of a match official’

El Ghazi red card rescinded

Leeds and Villa charged for failure to control players

No charge for Hourihane - "punch at Klich wasn't seen by Attwell but was deemed by the FA "not to be violent conduct"" :rolleyes:

Fair enough for Bamford, I think Roofe is back this weekend anyways and could do with the game time. Would like to see Edmondson on the bench too.

Hourihane though...club should at least ask for an explanation of the rationale behind that decision. Or not. Just let it go like spygate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

The Villa drama is possibly the best thing to happen to us, a good distraction from the slump in form and gets the players a bit fired up, no time to feel sorry for themselves

The Villa drama is possibly the best thing to happen to us, a good distraction from the slump in form and gets the players a bit fired up, no time to feel sorry for themselves

Bamford aside, the general reaction in the media since, from more thoughtful analysts like Wenger (as opposed to Sky commentators...and Villa fans) seems to be that Leeds were pretty screwed over, largely by the hysterical overreaction of Villa players and management.  And the idea that the ball should be put out every time a player goes down is simply nonsense.

Here is an example of a club scoring when the opposition don't completely lose it...

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=2585196728217163&id=239779809425545#

Agreed Conor. The thing is though, Bielsa has played this one brilliantly. The result didn't make any real difference to us in terms of promotion but we now have the moral high ground and a real motivation should we meet Villa in the final.
    In terms of who we get in the semi final, I see Bristol came from behind last night to still have a chance so it could be Bristol, Middlesboro or Derby. If Derby win tonight then it's them but if not there's a real chance it could be Middlesboro. Any preferences? I said before, I don't fear Derby, I think we have the beating of them. We have also beaten Bristol twice this season but we're tied with Boro over the two games so should we hope for Derby?

• Advertisement

Anyone notice Spurs playing on and attacking while Ajax had a player down at the start of the 2nd half lastnight.

Amazing the bullshít that has come out of this.

Edit: also this gem surfaced - https://mobile.twitter.com/Max_LUFC/status/1123334079460589568

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    In terms of who we get in the semi final, I see Bristol came from behind last night to still have a chance so it could be Bristol, Middlesboro or Derby. If Derby win tonight then it's them but if not there's a real chance it could be Middlesboro. Any preferences? I said before, I don't fear Derby, I think we have the beating of them. We have also beaten Bristol twice this season but we're tied with Boro over the two games so should we hope for Derby?

I'd 100% want Derby. They Spygate crap will be brought up again and should further motivate our players and Bielsa definitely seems to have them out-thought on tactics.

I kinda think...any side will beat Leeds. It would be nice to put Derby out but can't see Leeds winning a play off final anyway. 1 up v Charlton with minutes to go in extra time in 1987, hammered by Watford a decade later, then Darlington. I'd expect nothing.

I think we'll be moving house that weekend, so I've gone with Stryker's "bigger issues on the home front"!

Chin up Conor, we're going up and we're going to do it beating the two teams who acted like a bunch of crybabies against us this season so it will be all the sweeter for it.

Bamford missing could be a blessing in disguise! Bielsa will start Roofe and all will be well again

• Advertisement

x3pj9hem4mv21.jpg

Bamford missing could be a blessing in disguise! Bielsa will start Roofe and all will be well again

Will Roofe be rejuvenated? Ready to return to glory after his injury?

Play-offs goalfest? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Am I correct to say that Malik Wills would be a bench option for the playoffs ? Wouldn't his loan have ended, irrespective of Donny getting into the League One playoffs ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Yup All we need is 11 mannequins and we are up. :pac:
    But seriously, Welcome back Roofe.

I'd 100% want Derby. They Spygate crap will be brought up again and should further motivate our players and Bielsa definitely seems to have them out-thought on tactics.

Derby might have blown their chance last night. They now need to beat West Brom at home in their final game to guarantee it. Anything less would leave Boro with a great chance of stealing the spot.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Derby might have blown their chance last night. They now need to beat West Brom at home in their final game to guarantee it. Anything less would leave Boro with a great chance of stealing the spot.

I think Boro will be 6th.

23/10 on Paddy Power seems a good price.

Wouldn't fancy Boro. Physically bullied us at home and will hold onto a one nil lead for dear life.

Lampard would like a crack at taking Bielsa down a peg.

Bristol are the dark horses maybe.

The joys of the playoffs.

championc wrote: »
    Am I correct to say that Malik Wills would be a bench option for the playoffs ? Wouldn't his loan have ended, irrespective of Donny getting into the League One playoffs ?

Would put Edmondson in sooner, he has some first team experience.

Edit: plus playing with U-23s will have him familiar with the first team's style of play too.

Wouldn't fancy Boro.

Agree. We beat Derby and Bristol home and away this year comfortably, would fancy us against either over 2 legs. Boro not so much

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement