Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

https://www.efl.com/news/2019/may/sky-bet-efl-play-off-semi-final-details

Date | KO Time | Tie | Position
    Saturday 11th May 2019 | 12.3 | Championship A 1st Leg | 5th v 4th
    Saturday 11th May 2019 | 17.15 | Championship B 1st Leg | 6th v 3rd
    Tuesday 14th May 2019 | 19.45* | Championship A 2nd Leg | 4th v 5th
    Wednesday 15th May 2019 | 19.45* | Championship B 2nd Leg | 3rd v 6th

*In the Sky Bet Championship, West Bromwich Albion’s second leg at the Hawthorns will kick-off at 8pm, although their final league standing will determine if this will be tie ‘A’ or ‘B’.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Happy to have the extra day recovery and playing on the Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Looked back at the last 3 years and you're right. They were on different days instead of same day different times but 3rd vs 6th always played first. Can't see where I saw that it was a random draw so apologies to maximoose. Delighted we're not playing at the same time as the Heinieken Cup Final, makes for a massive day of sport!

Not a happy bunny!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

1-1 at half time at Portman Rd. today.

Got a message from a Leeds fan here looking for tickets for the play off final, presume he's not on the soccer forum.

Anyway, if anyone has any access to tickets I'll give him their name, thanks.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

2-1 down now. We have really gone off the boil. West Brom have equalised against Derby. There's a chance we could drop to fourth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Does it matter who we get in playoffs?

Won't be getting very far anyway based on this form.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    2-1 down now. We have really gone off the boil. West Brom have equalised against Derby. There's a chance we could drop to fourth.

2-2 now.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Should have been 3-2. Ipswich player sent off, Roofe skied the penalty over the bar

OMFG

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

It'll be Derby so, they're 3-1 up to WBA now.

Zaph wrote: »
    Should have been 3-2. Ipswich player sent off, Roofe skied the penalty over the bar

And a calamitous giveaway now to surely lose 3-2.:mad:

I emphasise... OMFG

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Ayling should be shot with a ball of his own sh!t, he hasn't been good enough for a long time to wear the leeds shirt.
    What a terrible time to be on a poor run of form, I'm not a bit optimistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Derby will kill us on current form. For that matter anybody in the Championship would. What would we do in Premier League with those players and no money anyway?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

tfer wrote: »
    Ayling should be shot with a ball of his own sh!t, he hasn't been good enough for a long time to wear the leeds shirt.
    What a terrible time to be on a poor run of form, I'm not a bit optimistic

Ayling has been just fine for the last few games. Not sure how many you’ve been at/seen.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

U23's win their National Title on pens after 0-0 draw aet

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

U23's win their National Title on pens after 0-0 draw aet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

At least the u23s know how to take penalties!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I see Tom Lawrence won a penalty yesterday for derby with a blatant dive , and media have caught wind of it , so as paddy bamford he should get a 2 game ban and miss both games against leeds .

On the other hand he's not a leeds player so will probably get a pay rise

I'm normally an optimist (well you have to be following Leeds as long as I have!) and usually a day or two after the depressing recent results I begin to believe that we can still do this. However I have to admit I am with the naysayers now (make space for me Conor!). I can see absolutely no way that we can win the playoffs. What is worse is that I fear we will go out to Derby of all teams.
    We have two strikers bang out of form, no left back, a goalie that has massively disappointed since joining amid much hype, a defence that is leaking goals all over the shop and a midfield that is looking very predictable. I know this has been a hugely enjoyable season and we have a brilliant manager who has transformed the club but right now it's very hard to think positively - I'm just hoping Bielsa has a bit more magic dust to sprinkle but tbh I can't see it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Are the semi final play offs 2 legs ?

Yep, first leg is away on Saturday and then home on the Wednesday

Home leg tix go on sale tomorrow morning for members, I'm making offerings to the ticket gods today

maximoose wrote: »
    Yep, first leg is away on Saturday and then home on the Wednesday

Home leg tix go on sale tomorrow morning for members, I'm making offerings to the ticket gods today

Its sold out .....:(

I don't think it actually is, is it?!

It's only on offer to ST holders at the minute until 5:30 today, and they can only buy their seat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,809 ✭✭✭Hector Savage

Looking set for a Leeds Villa final .... hmm John Terry ....

could be fireworks

I don't think it actually is, is it?!

It's only on offer to ST holders at the minute until 5:30 today, and they can only buy their seat.

Website says it is , although over the last few weeks a few have been popping up so fingers crossed

Reddit giving me comfort:
    If you log in it shows as available if you own a season ticket. We get a period to buy our seats before it goes to members. Otherwise members could buy a seat that a season ticket holder has used all season and force them to sit elsewhere

I think it's just restricted who can view tix

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I'm normally an optimist (well you have to be following Leeds as long as I have!) and usually a day or two after the depressing recent results I begin to believe that we can still do this. However I have to admit I am with the naysayers now (make space for me Conor!). I can see absolutely no way that we can win the playoffs. What is worse is that I fear we will go out to Derby of all teams.
    We have two strikers bang out of form, no left back, a goalie that has massively disappointed since joining amid much hype, a defence that is leaking goals all over the shop and a midfield that is looking very predictable. I know this has been a hugely enjoyable season and we have a brilliant manager who has transformed the club but right now it's very hard to think positively - I'm just hoping Bielsa has a bit more magic dust to sprinkle but tbh I can't see it.

I'm in the same boat but it's three games to get back in the PL, gotta believe the team will be up for it. When we've been on point we're pretty unstoppable, I trust MB to get the team mentally set.

Regardless, I'm getting ready for all possible outcomes. Laphroaig for when we win the final, Jameson for if we lose the final and paint stripper....sorry, Paddy's, in case Derby dump us out!

Im trying to stay positive but at this stage i just hope we're still in the tie this time next week.

I get Bielsa's loyalty to players and the benefit he gets from seeing the same team/set-up regularly, but surely the game against Ipswich didn't matter and he should have given at least half the team a break both for fitness and to find their desire again. We're not going into this on any form but at least we've beaten all play-off opponents already this season. Derby most comfortably of all. Fans have to be bricking it going into these games though so God knows how the players feel. Really don't like Frank Lampard or Dean Smith. Seeing one of them make the Premiership ahead of us would make it extra hard to take!

I get Bielsa's loyalty to players and the benefit he gets from seeing the same team/set-up regularly, but surely the game against Ipswich didn't matter and he should have given at least half the team a break both for fitness and to find their desire again. We're not going into this on any form but at least we've beaten all play-off opponents already this season. Derby most comfortably of all. Fans have to be bricking it going into these games though so God knows how the players feel. Really don't like Frank Lampard or Dean Smith. Seeing one of them make the Premiership ahead of us would make it extra hard to take!

As per the below post it seems his hands were tied in that regard.
    GHOST MGG wrote: »
    @navarre the new efl rules state that for the last four games of the season every team must field the same 10 outfield players that played in previous match only affected by injuries

I see Tom Lawrence won a penalty yesterday for derby with a blatant dive , and media have caught wind of it , so as paddy bamford he should get a 2 game ban and miss both games against leeds .

On the other hand he's not a leeds player so will probably get a pay rise

Well shock bloody horror ....no action against Lawrence :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

As per the below post it seems his hands were tied in that regard.

I'd rather them take the fine (if it is a fine) instead of risking the players. Luckily looks like everyone got through the weekend.

Anyone know why Izzy Brown is not given a run out. Think he only came on for 15mins in one match so far and ended up getting a yellow. Thought they were bigging him up when he signed and waited for him to recover from injury.

He's definitely scoring on Saturday so.

Ah I dunno if he should have been punished anyway. The replay seemed to show some contact by Bartley. Definitely made a meal of it, but not a clear cut case of simulation.

In the bag :)

Decent availability but membership needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I actually thought he slipped, trying to cut back inside at pace, although there may have been some contact.

I'd share the general downbeat mood. It reminds me a bit of the mood when we went into the home match against West Brom, and we know how that turned out! :)

There was a great article on the MOTForum website about how it was actually the hope that really kills you, and it rung so true for me. It's going to be nerve-shredding! :eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Chin up!! We're 2/1 to get promoted. The favourite of the four teams. Liverpool were 20/1 to get through last night.....

Mezcita wrote: »
    Chin up!! We're 2/1 to get promoted. The favourite of the four teams. Liverpool were 20/1 to get through last night.....

So by that logic, Barca were the favourite of the two teams last night just like we're favourites for the playoffs. Didn't work out too well for them!

It'll be pot luck on the day(s) on the playoffs and we should be able to give it a good go. There are concerns about everything in the team at the moment tho - keeper/defending/scoring even Pablo is having the odd off-day, but if we go out with the right mentality we can beat em all. Fingers crossed!!

In the bag :)

Decent availability but membership needed

Sorted too, now open to silver members. Still quite a few available, they'll have to put it on general sale soon.

Yeah there's quite a lot left in the East Upper, will probably go to general sale!

Yeah there's quite a lot left in the East Upper, will probably go to general sale!

And I struggled to get a ticket for the Wigan game :pac::pac::pac:

Hopefully this is down to the midweek game and not the bandwagon coming to a halt:rolleyes:

Daniel James off the Man Utd , £15m apparently.

Do we reckon Ole has just said well if Bielsa wanted him he must be good ;)

• Advertisement

And I struggled to get a ticket for the Wigan game :pac::pac::pac:

Probably people waiting to see how the first leg goes, our form isn't inspiring :pac:

I'd take a draw tomorrow but we can beat them if we play our best. Just hope we are still in it going into the second leg.

Tyler Roberts is out tomorrow, and Pontus is 'a doubt'

Anyone know of pubs in Dublin southside showing the match? Clashes with the feckin rugby

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I didn't realise that until someone told me yesterday. Who in their right mind would want to watch eggball over the mighty Leeds? Or over anything really. :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Zaph wrote: »
    I didn't realise that until someone told me yesterday. Who in their right mind would want to watch eggball over the mighty Leeds? Or over anything really. :pac:

The southside :pac:

Gonna take my chances with the Woolshed!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement