Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Yeah the woolshed have it listed alright. I'm gonna chance McGowans in Harold's Cross. At least one of the fifty tvs must have it on.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Shlippery wrote: »
    The southside :pac:

Hey, I'm originally from the southside, so don't be tarring us all with the same brush!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Buskers is an option it seems.

Yeah the woolshed have it listed alright. I'm gonna chance McGowans in Harold's Cross. At least one of the fifty tvs must have it on.

Was that Quinn's back in the 90s?

Remember watching matches in some pub in Harold's Cross back when I lived near Grosvenor Square. Can remember Lee Sharpe getting a man of the match in a Leeds shirt, guessing it was '96.

Was that Quinn's back in the 90s?

Remember watching matches in some pub in Harold's Cross back when I lived near Grosvenor Square. Can remember Lee Sharpe getting a man of the match in a Leeds shirt, guessing it was '96.

That is now McGarrys it seems.

I dunno if it's overthinking the playoffs or what, but I'm up at all hours this week and today's the worst at 5.20am

Thurs night I was even dreaming that Preston beat us in the final, think that was the Square Ball's influence!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Shlippery wrote: »
    The southside :pac:

My local is showing both thankfully! Wouldn't be going near the goat rusty due anything other than the rugby

Pontus out, Berardi in. Only change. Very young looking bench. Waghorn out for Derby.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Jaysis our bench is depressing

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bench extremely thin. You’d think Izzy Brown could be looking at his second appearance of the season in the playoff semi based on that.

My god I'm nervous , can't even have a beer in case the wife's waters break haha this waiting is horrible

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Christ that's a weak team we have today. Not confident at all. Left side looks poor and no idea where a goal will come from.

I would be delighted to escape from here with a draw.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,067 ✭✭✭✭martingriff

If Leedds do not go to Premier League they have no one to blame after there collapse in the last few games

We'll be grand

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Another injury!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Might go to Leeds and bring the boots at this stage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Same old story, lots of good possession, putting ball in dangerous places and getting in great positions but no killer instinct.Good chance we will get caught, we are better than Derby, come onnnn

What the **** is the ref doing there? Giving him a warning "next time you go in two feet off the ground I'm going to have to give you a stern talking to..."?! He recognised it was a dodgy tackle, how is it not a card?

Philips has been very good in dominating midfield and ayling too going forward

Cannot cross to save our lives though

• Advertisement

Ahhhhh, hate this crap, nervous wreck as usual

Same old story, lots of good possession, putting ball in dangerous places and getting in great positions but no killer instinct.Good chance we will get caught, we are better than Derby, come onnnn

This exactly. We are clearly well on top but no cutting edge as usual. I don't think we've actually created a single clear cut chance. It's encouraging though.

One positive I take from that half, bar a few flashes, Derby are pretty average.

Lads derby are ****e...id have Clarke on the left cuttin in to have shots rather than trying to get crosses in , like against villa away ...

We can do this!!!!

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSZSSSZZZZZZZZZSSSSSS

Great goal. Get in!

• Advertisement

Great decision ref

Edit: linesman even

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

jesus me nerves

Great decision ref

AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Never a peno but for play to the ref for consulting the linesman

Will take that

Delighted! Really good performance. We got a bit of luck with peno and Klich yellow. Happy days though.

• Advertisement

It wasn't great to watch, but the result is far more important than the entertainment value.

Cannot f*cking wait for Wednesday.

COME ON LEEDS

And Breath.....
    Decent performance, nothing spectacular but solid for the most part, on the right track at least, I think Wilson is Derby’s only threat, Bamford will give us another option up front, Roofe getting back into the groove, will only improve I think

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Has everyone booked the afternoon off for the final?
    Went back to work on Tuesday after being off since before Easter, first thing I did was book a half day that day. Pity we didn't get a second, would have been good to go to ER with them needing 3 to win.
    Honestly, not fussed if we lose the final once we don't lose to Derby in the semis :pac:

Better game, looked more like ourselves in that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

We didn't dominate as much as we normally do but I thought we dealt with Derby pretty comfortably. What a great goal too. Fingers, legs, everything crossed for Wednesday! Me nerves...

Has everyone booked the afternoon off for the final?

Yep, have the day booked off, just in case. Hoping I won't need to cancel it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

A dominant enough performance and I thought we had opportunities to kill the tie off and have a 2 or 3 goal lead. However, all in all a great win, and a perfomance more in keeping with our better form. On the basis of what I watched, I thought we really had the measure of Derby and hopefully we can finish them off on Wednesday. IF we were to get through, I think the final will be a significant step up in terms of opposition.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Gutted we didn’t get a second to be honest. Pablo and Roofe had great opportunities.

Klich very fortunate to get away with a yellow. Obviously he made next to no contact but the movement was there and reds have been given for that alone before. The fact that he was booked on the day means it it dealt with from what I’m aware and there can’t be further action?

Thought Jamie Shackleton was excellent after being thrown in the mix early which is good as Forshaw is likely out on Wednesday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Gutted we didn’t get a second to be honest. Pablo and Roofe had great opportunities.

Klich very fortunate to get away with a yellow. Obviously he made next to no contact but the movement was there and reds have been given for that alone before. The fact that he was booked on the day means it it dealt with from what I’m aware and there can’t be further action?

Thought Jamie Shackleton was excellent after being thrown in the mix early which is good as Forshaw is likely out on Wednesday.

There can be further action I believe, but only if the referee claims he didn’t see it properly which would be a bit strange for him to do given he took some action.

Looked a bit to me like he saw none of it but felt like he had to do something, but no chance of him admitting that.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Commentators said no further action can be taken because he got the yellow for it.
    Dumbass move from Klich especially given the talk about him getting punched be villa players etc

• Advertisement

Anyone else singing that "stop crying frank lampard" song all day too?

Anyone else singing that "stop crying frank lampard" song all day too?

Showed it to the wife, last hour she's been humming it the whole time!

Good win last night. Dominant for about 80% of the game, Casilla wasn't really tested either

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,518 ✭✭✭matrim

CSF wrote: »
    There can be further action I believe, but only if the referee claims he didn’t see it properly which would be a bit strange for him to do given he took some action.

Looked a bit to me like he saw none of it but felt like he had to do something, but no chance of him admitting that.

Wasn't it the linesman that made the call? Don't think there will be further action either way.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah no further action I think - hopefully anyway. Be amazed if there isn't something done about Huddlestone.

Happy with the performance, could have scored a few more but happy with result too. Soaked up Derby pressure for first 15 and then outclassed them. Let's batter them on Wed :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

maximoose wrote:
    Be amazed if there isn't something done about Huddlestone.

Seemed a pretty clear forearm to the jaw. Mustn't have connected quite as heavily as might have done, but many on the receiving end would have been very justified in going down in a heap.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Roofe out for the second leg is a big blow. He was electric to be fair to him. We have momentum from the first and the goal lead but the style of play will have to change with Bamform coming back in. Hopefully he has something to prove after what happened!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Balls.

Roofe looked great on Sat, Bamford best be on form.

for **** sake ..... give us a break!!!

That's not great at all at all....

Roofe is key to the style of play. Time for Lord Bamford to step up.

• Advertisement

Forshaw and Roberts definitely out too and Jansson looks unlikely to be available.

The amount of injuries we have had this season is insane.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement