Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Why no free out for the dive? Or booking?

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus, Izzy Brown. Giving everything a go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Bye, bye Prem Lge.

We're about 3mins away from Patrick Bamford redeclaring for Ireland.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

The last 10 games did it for us, not this one. I can't remember the last great Leeds performance.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Can’t see us scoring from that angle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Time to crack out the Paddys

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

We blew it. Hope Bielsa stays. Gutted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,557 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Hard luck lads. Went through that rollercoaster of emotions last night and thankfully came out the right side of it, but I know exactly how I would have felt if it had gone the other way.

Like Villa after last year, just have to go again next year.

Casilla needs a written apology to the fans, and then Dallas also

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Gutted but proud of the season we had. Get rid of one striker, get in one who matches our team, hopefully get one or two decent other signings and we'll go again. Frank and John Terry in the final though, Jesus.

I couldn't see that Leeds side make a game against any of the premier league teams anyway. Wishful thinking.
    All Derby had to do was run at us and hey presto a goal. That also sums up our last 10 games actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Gutted. See you all in 2 months

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Keep Bielsa and Philips and there's every chance we play like this again next year. Without the injuries and drama stuff we should be fine. Keeping Bielsa more important than promotion and now that's a must. Radz should sit him down now and promise him the moon and the stars.

Gutted. See you all in 2 months

First time I'm looking forward to a summer of no soccer. I'm knackered!

Football...bloody hell!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Bielsa is a runner. He will resign tomorrow if he's not sacked beforehand which he should be. Grossly unprofessional, not a proper manager.

chicorytip wrote: »
    Bielsa is a runner. He will resign tomorrow if he's not sacked beforehand which he should be. Grossly unprofessional, not a proper manager.

Can't blame Bielsa. He did his best with the hodge podge of resources and lack of talent available.
    I agree that he will resign though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Can't blame Bielsa. He did his best with the hodge podge of resources and lack of talent available.

Strachan would be the right man for the job.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

NF41Upn.png

When that 4th goal went in.

Fcking playoffs. Can only hope for automatics next year.

If you told me last season we'd be coming third this year I wouldn't have believed it.

Yes. That guy had pride in the Leeds shirt.

From the man who said Klopp was a mediocre manager and Van Dijk not a great defender comes Another Obvious Wind Up...

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

:rolleyes:

Oh just find another thread to annoy will you

Lost in the League One playoff semis in 09. Auto in 2010. Playoffs aren't for Leeds, auto next year. :cool:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Hello darkness my old friend...

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Numb. That is all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,957 ✭✭✭Dots1982

Not much point in making plans with Bielsa, he’s a one season manager on his track record.

Dots1982 wrote: »
    Not much point in making plans with Bielsa, he’s a one season manager on his track record.
    Well it's a good job we didn't get promoted then!

Championship is where it's at, much more fun. Can't wait to play millwall again next year

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

We go again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Utterly sick. A wonderful opportunity thrown away. A defeat that owed so much to Leeds' tendency to press the self destruct button. Liam Rosenior called it exactly right - at the big moments, the critical moments, the players are simply not good enough. That tie should have been done and dusted last Saturday.

Lot of justifiable criticism here for Kiko, but do not underestimate how poor Liam Cooper was. Pablo was awful too as was Bamford.

I passionately pray that Derby don't go up - I don't care what happened tonight - we are a much better team than them - it would kill me to see them in the Premiership next year.

Gutted.

Utterly sick. A wonderful opportunity thrown away. A defeat that owed so much to Leeds' tendency to press the self destruct button. Liam Rosenior called it exactly right - at the big moments, the critical moments, the players are simply not good enough. That tie should have been done and dusted last Saturday.

Lot of justifiable criticism here for Kiko, but do not underestimate how poor Liam Cooper was. Pablo was awful too as was Bamford.

I passionately pray that Derby don't go up - I don't care what happened tonight - we are a much better team than them - it would kill me to see them in the Premiership next year.

Gutted.

I have been a Leeds fan since 1973 and am gutted about tonight and it's sickening that we are now the longest residents in the second tier with Ipswich gone. But I am a realist and this division is our level with our current players.
    Our defence is a shambles and any team can walk the ball into our net at will.
    When Derby realised tonight how crap we were at the back, it was season over. We mask our defensive inadequacies by rushing from midfield at pace and hope against hope we can get on the end of something. We were fitter than last season but being fitter only gives us more of the ball. It's what we do with it that's more important. And we do very little with that possession.
    See you in 2 months.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 613 ✭✭✭rodge68

Leeds lost tonight cos their defendind was attrocious, the referee was attrocious and ye didn't put Derby last Saturday, not to mention the last 10 league games..
    Cooper and Bamford and Casillas...exit stage left..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

This one really really hurts

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,046 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

As a neutral, another disappointing end to the EFL.

I have been waiting patiently to see you folk back in the EPL where you belong.

Maybe next year.

Dots1982 wrote: »

STOP THE PRESS!!

We've found Dots! A man who kinda disappeared since his last contribution - a spirited defence of John Delaney - kinda trailed away a few weeks ago.

So Dots, pro Delaney, anti Bielsa...you support year on year of incompetence, but decry what you see as one season wonders. Explain.

I'm going to bed. I have a beautiful wife waiting for me. Our eldest daughter, who is 4, has crept in already. Our youngest, our darling 1 year old, is in her cot at the end of the bed. We're moving house in the next 2 weeks, not far but into a place with bigger gardens for the kids, you know how it goes, life is good...
    ...but like a shadow over everything....
    ...Leeds...
    Shxt
    Shxt
    Shxt
    Shxt...motherfxcking shxt...
    ..Leeds...
    Shxt
    Shxt
    Shxt
    And shxt..

Mushy wrote: »
    Championship is where it's at, much more fun. Can't wait to play millwall again next year

No Shaun Harvey hovering over us next season either!

• Advertisement

No Shaun Harvey hovering over us next season either!

Wait for it, EFL will come out with some statement that they couldn't find anyone and so he's decided to remain for another year!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That sums up my morning so far. I'd be grand wallowing in my own misery, but people keep wanting to talk to me about the match. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Very disappointing but I had a feeling we'd hit the self destruct button. Would have been great to be back in the PL but with the group of players we have I think we'd be destroyed week in week out.

Hopefully Bielsa stays because he'll be able to attract some good players.
    Hopefully the chairman invests.
    Hopefully the good players stay.
    Hopefully we win automatic promotion next year.

I'd keep most of that team, the main changes for me would be
    1) A keeper, God a keeper
    2) A CH who dominates (Cooper has been good this season but still in the big games cost us)
    3) A number 10 (Pablo finished the season very poorly and is getting on, I don't think he has another season like it in him)
    4) A striker (As I said last night, Bamford is a disgrace and needs to go)
    5) A winger (Is James definitely going to ManU?)

That of course will require a substantial investment from AR.
    And of course it goes without saying, number 1 priority by a distance is to keep Bielsa. Do whatever it takes.

Those to leave would include Kiko, Berardi and Bamford.

Not buying all the negativity re: Casilla he is getting crap from a Leeds fan colleague who told me initially *when we where crap* that he 'used' to be a Leeds fan...our style of play leaves our keeper very exposed, yep he made major errors last night but he's brought us more stability in goal. Has done the coming out of goal and saving the day thing a number of times. Yesterday it just didn't work. Says a lot about his confdence in Cooper that he kept going even when it looked like Cooper had it covered.

Cooper has been a liability for weeks, he totally lost the head.

We need a goalscorer. Not just because Bamford is atrocious but we need a first choice guy. We knew coming into this season that Roofe wasn't good enough / reliable enough for first choice and we didn't address that. Overall we are in a decent position, *if* Bielsa stays we need to integrate some under 23s into the team. Have them solidly as regular subs or starters and confident enough, strong enough, experienced enough to take on the premiership the following season.

Our major problem is converting chances, with Bielsa still in charge and his style of play that needs to be priority. We conceded a lot of goals during the season but if we had converted more chances we would have run away with the league. Arguably we could replace our entire back line but I think we can get promoted without doing that.

Fact is, this team was not ready for the Prem. We all know we over performed this season, but what a f*cking ride its been.

Not buying all the negativity re: Casilla he is getting crap from a Leeds fan colleague who told me initially *when we where crap* that he 'used' to be a Leeds fan...our style of play leaves our keeper very exposed, yep he made major errors last night but he's brought us more stability in goal. Has done the coming out of goal and saving the day thing a number of times. Yesterday it just didn't work. Says a lot about his confdence in Cooper that he kept going even when it looked like Cooper had it covered.

Cooper has been a liability for weeks, he totally lost the head.

We need a goalscorer. Not just because Bamford is atrocious but we need a first choice guy. We knew coming into this season that Roofe wasn't good enough / reliable enough for first choice and we didn't address that. Overall we are in a decent position, *if* Bielsa stays we need to integrate some under 23s into the team. Have them solidly as regular subs or starters and confident enough, strong enough, experienced enough to take on the premiership the following season.

Our major problem is converting chances, with Bielsa still in charge and his style of play that needs to be priority. We conceded a lot of goals during the season but if we had converted more chances we would have run away with the league. Arguably we could replace our entire back line but I think we can get promoted without doing that.

Fact is, this team was not ready for the Prem. We all know we over performed this season, but what a f*cking ride its been.

Agree with most but Kiko is ****e , never needed him and a waste of money , BPF was doing fine and learning his trade , we needed outfield reinforcements in January and we got a dodgy keeper, BPF in goal last night and we win the tie.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Agree with most but Kiko is ****e , never needed him and a waste of money , BPF was doing fine and learning his trade , we needed outfield reinforcements in January and we got a dodgy keeper, BPF in goal last night and we win the tie.

Cooper needs to take a huge amount of blame too. He contributed to the utter shambles of the first goal and then gave away an idiotic penalty. It's not the first time this season he has made terrible decisions. Obviously Berardi losing the head contributed too, I think the ref should have blown for a free well before Berardi lost the head though.

We definitely need a new keeper, centre back and striker for next season. I'm not convinced by Ayling either.

What we can all agree on is that it's never boring being a Leeds fan!

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Cooper needs to take a huge amount of blame too. He contributed to the utter shambles of the first goal and then gave away an idiotic penalty. It's not the first time this season he has made terrible decisions. Obviously Berardi losing the head contributed too, I think the ref should have blown for a free well before Berardi lost the head though.

We definitely need a new keeper, centre back and striker for next season. I'm not convinced by Ayling either.

What we can all agree on is that it's never boring being a Leeds fan!

Berardi was fouled twice in my opinion , we were goosed then :mad:

Penalty was awful from Cooper , But regarding the first goal , as far as im concerned keepers shouldn't go looking for work , Cooper clears it if Kiko stays , or even give an angle for a back pass.

Then he almost does it again a minute later :confused:

I am ****ing devastated this is how the season has ended :(

• Advertisement

looking back to January and deep down we all knew that it’ll come back to bite us, the fans knew... If Marcelo stays I hope he learns a lesson from this that a squad so small is suicide in the championship.

Combine our injuries with losing Saiz and failing to bring in replacements is anyone surprised this has happened?

**** ya anyway Samu

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement