Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭HyperSkypeWiper

Anyone have any idea if the number of memberships is limited and if so when will they run out?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Last season, the fair weather fans came out of the woodwork for the final 10 or so games, when promotion looked nailed on, and so the numbers were limited. But prior to that, there were no problems at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Away to Salford City in the first round of the League Cup. If they weren't part-owned by a bunch of ex-Man United players I'd probably quite like to see them do well, rather than actually wanting them to go straight back down to the Conference. :D

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Buffon our latest target online this evening - gotta love the rumor mill!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

He'd do, I suppose... :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Add Payet to that madness.

Seems to be just Kent/Costa/Harrison/White that we are still after. Sooner the better as last season showed that being there for full preseason with Bielsa made a huge difference.

Jordan Hugill available from West Ham. Looks good on paper but not sure he's mobile enough for our style. Definitely well able to stick away chances that would come his way tho.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Booked flights for the Leeds vs Swansea game on 31 Aug - just waiting for gold membership purchase to come available.

This will be my first time at a game since 1994, jesus I feel old.

32Red staying as sponsor for two more years. Kiko is the headline pic might be a statement that he's staying. Unibet (owned by 32Red) will be on training gear and Australia tour jerseys.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club/25084/32red-sign-two-year-extension

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Keyzer wrote: »
    Booked flights for the Leeds vs Swansea game on 31 Aug - just waiting for gold membership purchase to come available.

This will be my first time at a game since 1994, jesus I feel old.

I bought gold membership last week. It is available.

You should also be aware that kick off times can change determined by whether sky want to televise the game. Saturday games have been moved to Sunday last year. I think this year the final kick off times will be known 5 weeks in advance.

You should also be aware that kick off times can change determined by whether sky want to televise the game. Saturday games have been moved to Sunday last year. I think this year the final kick off times will be known 5 weeks in advance.

Site tells me its not available right now, will keep looking though.

Yeah, got stung a few years back with a game moved due to FA cup - pain in the jacksy.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Buy membership here

Maybe only Membership renewals right now ?

Re Sky selection of games, the minimum 5 weeks notice commitment remains in place but that is shortened to 4 weeks notice from Feb 7 onwards for games from March 7 onwards. Notice remains at 3 weeks for the penultimate weekend of the season.

Illustrative Sky live announcement dates (subject to 5-week minimum notice commitment until Feb).
    Rest of August games by July 5
    Sep 7-Sep 28 games by July 26
    Oct 2-Nov 9 games by Aug 30
    Nov 19-Dec 7 games by Oct 4
    Dec 11-Jan 11 games by Nov 1
    Jan 18-Feb 1 games by Dec 6
    Feb 8-Feb 29 games by Jan 3
    March 7 games by Feb 7
    March 14 and March 18 games by Feb 14
    March 21 games by Feb 21
    March 28 games by Feb 28
    April 4 games by March 6
    April 10-13 games by March 13
    April 18 games by March 20
    April 25 ganes by April 3
    May 2-3 games by April 27

So the Swansea game should be confirmed by next Friday, if it's changing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 638 ✭✭✭Private Joker

Linked with Totti now. This transfer window is a bit whacky.

Read that earlier, complete horseshít you would have to imagine!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

As good as confirmed that young Clarke is off to Spurs.

€8.5m feels a little cheap, but they seem to be the only ones in for him

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,025 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Shlippery wrote: »
    As good as confirmed that young Clarke is off to Spurs.

Looks like he’ll be back here. We have first option if they want to loan him out which I imagine they will.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

maximoose wrote: »
    €8.5m feels a little cheap, but they seem to be the only ones in for him

Seems cheap to me too. However I think he is vastly overrated so if he is loaned back to us and we get to spend the money on other players then it's a good deal for us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Seems cheap to me too. However I think he is vastly overrated so if he is loaned back to us and we get to spend the money on other players then it's a good deal for us.

Yeah, have to agree it is good business if he is loaned to us next season

• Advertisement

kegkdpj7do631.png

£10m up front is good, if we get him back on loan I'd be very happy with this

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I tried to rationalize the Clarke sale previously. I'm really annoyed now that it's actually happening! I'm still pining for Jonny Howson though too.

Let's see if its more of the same or if the income be used wisely on some quality first teamers from the loan market as mooted, e.g. Costa, Kent...Totti :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

10 million towards some really solid loan signings and iam happy

Good business IMO. Flashes of brilliance, just like Chris Dawson, Alex Mowatt or Aidy White at that age.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

championc wrote: »
    Good business IMO. Flashes of brilliance, just like Chris Dawson, Alex Mowatt or Aidy White at that age.

Ah that's a bit harsh tbf. He's way more promising than Mowatt (who was always too slow) or White (who was always pretty one dimensional) and I don't even remember Dawson! I think Clarke is a real talent and am disappointed to see him go. That said, if we can get him back on loan for the season and if we can put that money to good use in getting other loan signings in, then I'm happy enough as our ultimate goal is obviously promotion.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm quite happy to see him go for a decent fee. I would have thought we'd get more for him and perhaps would have if he hadn't missed so muc of the second half of the season. I'm happier to hold on to Shakleton and Kalvin and use the Clarke money wisely (hopefully).

• Advertisement

I'm quite happy to see him go for a decent fee. I would have thought we'd get more for him and perhaps would have if he hadn't missed so muc of the second half of the season. I'm happier to hold on to Shakleton and Kalvin and use the Clarke money wisely (hopefully).

I agree, I think keeping Kalvin is more important in the short term, Clarke could turn out to be a work beater but Kalvin is a lot more important now to help us get into the premiership

Leeds fans not even getting angry anymore about selling our most promising players, we’ve been beaten into submission and are like a battered wife with years of abuse

Ach, the sales of Cantona, Kewell and Bowyer for peanuts, promising talent like Howson, Snodgrass, Byram, Cook, Johnson, often to clubs that really should be staring up the tables at Leeds...they were harder to take. Sales like Ferdinand and Smith, Delph, McCormack, this one, I see them more as par for the course, they either involved a lot of money or a bigger club and it's less egregious.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,015 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Great c!ub, great fans, not so great bank account. It is what it is. If Clarke's money allows us fund the loan signings to get us promotion, he'll have done the club some service and stop the likes of Shackleton and Bogusz following him. Best of luck young man

Harrison is coming back as expected, a bit torn on this one, he was extremely frustrating to watch last season, you can see glimpses of real quality but he was just not existent at times. Iam going to trust management for now, iam sure they see something in him and hopefully he pushes on this season.
    I have a sneaky feeling he could have a real breakout season but that’s me at my most optimistic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

#announceheldercosta we are going up

Clarke back on loan for the season ....delighted with that , Ben white and Harrison have completed their medicals , costa hopefully done shortly ......productive weekend!!

Leeds are definitely going up...I haven't said that since February...

Clarke back on loan for the season ....delighted with that , Ben white and Harrison have completed their medicals , costa hopefully done shortly ......productive weekend!!

Good news for the club but its mental that a premier league club pay 10 million for a player they don't even want (or not yet anyway).

Is costa on a permanent or loan?

Good news for the club but its mental that a premier league club pay 10 million for a player they don't even want (or not yet anyway).

Is costa on a permanent or loan?

I genuinely think Poch is doing Bielsa a favour here ;)

Costa will be a loan

White and Harrison have signed today :)

When you bought the gold membership, did you get any information on max number of tickets you can buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

When you bought the gold membership, did you get any information on max number of tickets you can buy?

No mention.

Option to buy Harrison agreed and Costa will have option to buy (compulsory if promoted). Great moves so far. A striker or 10 would be the icing on the cake but not required if the boss man is happy with what we have.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,297 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

A striker or 10 would be the icing on the cake but not required if the boss man is happy with what we have.

I think a striker is an absolute necessity. It's the reason we didn't go up last season. Bamford is not good enough.

Agreed, a striker is an absolute must. We're stocking up on wingers but we need someone who can finish off the moves and Bamford is not the striker we hoped he would be.
    In terms of other positions, can Costa play the 10 role or is he an out and out winger? I know Roberts played the 10 role last year so maybe Bielsa sees him as first choice there for the season (as I don't think Pablo will start nearly as many games this coming season). Or maybe that's why we're after Totti! :P

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote:
    Agreed, a striker is an absolute must. We're stocking up on wingers but we need someone who can finish off the moves and Bamford is not the striker we hoped he would be. In terms of other positions, can Costa play the 10 role or is he an out and out winger? I know Roberts played the 10 role last year so maybe Bielsa sees him as first choice there for the season (as I don't think Pablo will start nearly as many games this coming season). Or maybe that's why we're after Totti!

We all said similar about Chris wood , hopefully he proves everyone wrong

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 175 ✭✭yozico

Costa deal done. Initial loan which becomes permanent 4 year contract next season.

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/helder-costa-leeds-united-transfer-16524674.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Get in!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Skills!

Reading the Wolves fans forums, most seem genuinely sorry to see him go, even if he was out of form last season. I wonder where Bielsa plans to play him. He seems to favour his left but looks decent enough on his right peg as well, I wonder does he have a central position in mind or is it him and Harrison as first choice on the wings with Clarke as backup? Either way, a really positive statement of intent for the season ahead.

Costa signing is a good one - Bielsa will only improve him.

I'm very happy so far with transfers, wasn't expecting this. Hopefully we can nail a good striker, I like to see some quality competition/backup for bamford and roofe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Reading the Wolves fans forums, most seem genuinely sorry to see him go, even if he was out of form last season. I wonder where Bielsa plans to play him. He seems to favour his left but looks decent enough on his right peg as well, I wonder does he have a central position in mind or is it him and Harrison as first choice on the wings with Clarke as backup? Either way, a really positive statement of intent for the season ahead.

They're saying on Reddit that Wolves change in formation this season didn't suit him. Best on the wing apparently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Afternoon all. Can't believe it's taken me this long on boards to find this place. Although we've only had Bielsa for one season. Haven't felt this good about Leeds since Dave O'Leary's babies. Can't wait for next season. It's do or die, I think. Loving the business we've done so far, especially with Clarke. Bielsa's influence really helping there with Poch, I reckon. All we need now is a striker. Bam and Roofe are good players, but we really need 40-50 goals from them combined, and if they fall short/get injured a decent replacement is a must.

I've thought a lot about this, and I reckon that the way we play means that we are really vulnerable to decent counter-attacking sides who can defend with discipline. If they keep us out for the first half an hour, then they have a good shot at scoring on the counter, and as we've sadly seen, we've been really poor at coming back from a deficit in games. Conversely, when we score first we nearly always go on to win comfortably. A team with 70% possession at home (a typical stat last season) needs to translate that into a couple of goals at least by the hour mark.

I think we should take a leaf out of the US womens' book, and have a 15 minute power-play at the start of every game. An early goal forces teams out to play against us, and we can pick them off.

Like I say, can't wait. Bring on the Bielsaball!

ALAW.

MOT.

Don’t think Leeds have the money to bring in a guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker...and not sure it’s necessary. On form, Roofe and Bamford are both capable of those numbers, think Bielsa knows that too and has focused on improving the supply to them.

• Advertisement

Don’t think Leeds have the money to bring in a guaranteed 20+ goals a season striker...and not sure it’s necessary. On form, Roofe and Bamford are both capable of those numbers, think Bielsa knows that too and has focused on improving the supply to them.

Very surprised to see malik wilks move on all things considered

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement