Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Shlippery wrote: »

Seemingly Kalvin's another one in negotiations with a risk of departure
    The difference is that he seems much more inclined to stay and wants a deal. Roofe's intentions are not at all clear. Both of them want to match Bamford and Casilla. I reckon 1 out of 2 will stay and optimistically both. Given a choice Phillips is more important.

The more I hear of issues with contracts for other "first names on the teamsheet" type players, the more it looks like Jannson's exit was all down to a need to balance books rather than his social media use, the Villa thing etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

the more it looks like Jannson's exit was all down to a need to balance books

I suppose we'll know when the window is over and whatever else happens happens (please god hold onto Phillips), but I just can't see this being true right now.

Danny Mills chirped in yesterday and said it was a strained relationship with Bielsa and Pontus looking for extra holidays that was the final straw.

Being linked with Gary Cahill now. Do not want.

It just seems too coincidental that the club's best centre half goes for peanuts, around the same time that the best striker is linked to a club that might have a worse financial history than Leeds and we're told that there is just "hope" that the best midfielder will stay.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1149000328970293248?s=19
    Team for tonight. It's free on the website and app.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Well that didn't take long - 1 up after 3 minutes. Harrison the scorer.

2-0, Roofe

3-0, Pablo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Playing well. Harrision looking sharp

. 5 ��

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,669 ✭✭✭adaminho

https://twitter.com/LUFC/status/1149364877049454592?s=19

Team for tonight. Live on the app and website. Costa and White make their debuts.

That was a proper workout. Fair play to Guiseley, they gave it a proper go

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Decent goals as well. Happy to see Costa get a goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I see Biesla is going in person to see Ryan Kent playing tonight. He would be a great addition. He did well with Rangers last season and Gerrard wants him back also.

I read that Roofe is linked with Brighton and Crystal Palace. We really can’t lose him.

Are we expected to get any more forwards before the season starts? We saw how costly it was last season when Roofe got injured with our lack of options upfront.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I can't see roofe going to either of those clubs - lets be honest, he's a decent championship player, I don't think he's premiership material.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Think with Orta and Radz in Australia not much will be done this week. Think we need a CB and would like a forward option. Bogusz is getting a lot of attention from the club by being unclided on tour and being in videos and signing events. Wonder will he fast-tracked to the first team squad this season. Saw a screamer of a free kick from him in one clip.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

With the benefit of hindsight of course, has Ben White been brought in to replace Jansson? I'd love to see further strengthening (goalkeeper, centre half and a striker) take place to be honest.

With the benefit of hindsight of course, has Ben White been brought in to replace Jansson? I'd love to see further strengthening (goalkeeper, centre half and a striker) take place to be honest.

Same...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Bleak enough game this.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shlippery wrote: »
    Bleak enough game this.

Let us never talk of it again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Never talk of what?

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    Never talk of what?

Precisely...

It wasn't that bad. When you consider they brought on a full fresh team in the 2nd half and a lot of our regulars didn't travel. Striker is a big problem. Both Bamford and Roofe were bit players. Very poor marking for the 3rd and another stupid challenge by Cooper for the peno.

In Bielsa we trust

I'm really not happy with our central defence. Cooper gives away far too many stupid free kicks and penalties, and Berardi is likely to get himself booked every second match. We need better players who can be depended upon not to do anything rash.

Some good movement in tonight's game. Clarke looks as if he has bulked up a bit

Saiz is off to Girona for ~£2M

Oriol Rey has also left for Valladollid - not sure if a fee involved

Orta said at press conference before Utd game that the squad is about 90% where they want it to be, hopefully there's a CB incoming....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

davedanon wrote: »
    Never talk of what?

Just for the record, Man Utd pasted us 4:0 like a fly being swatted. I watched the game and still a lot of weak links and a crap defence. Roll on 2019/2020.

maximoose wrote: »
    Saiz is off to Girona for ~£2M

Oriol Rey has also left for Valladollid - not sure if a fee involved

Orta said at press conference before Utd game that the squad is about 90% where they want it to be, hopefully there's a CB incoming....
    Seems like Hadi Sacko has officially gone as well.

Bogusz is getting a lot of attention from the club by being unclided on tour and being in videos and signing events. Wonder will he fast-tracked to the first team squad this season. Saw a screamer of a free kick from him in one clip.

Looking good for Bogusz!!

Defence is all over the shop

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ah lads it’ll be a sad day whenever Pablo leaves the club

• Advertisement

Ah lads it’ll be a sad day whenever Pablo leaves the club

Yep, incredible winner from him.
    More worryingly, Roofe and Bogusz both went off injured. Hopefully neither is too serious.

That defence will be torn to shreds next season

That defence will be torn to shreds next season
    It's pre-season with White, Alioski, Davis, Shackelton and many others left at home. Just a runout. That not scoring chances is a more serious problem.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Surely we will get another person for up front? Are you only allowed 5 players on loan? How many have we on loan now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Surely we will get another person for up front? Are you only allowed 5 players on loan? How many have we on loan now?

Only allowed 5 players in the match day squad. So could have more, but all wouldnt be in the squad for the same games.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

White
    Harrison
    Costa
    Clarke

That’s all from my reckoning so should have room for another 1 at least?

Roofe in a leg brace after Australian adventure. Makes you wonder if he's going to be just as injury-prone as last season. Some speculation on Edmonson being thrown in but definitely need more backup for front line.

So the long rumoured documentary from last season is real, trailer leaked and it looks fantastic!

Amazon Prime original, out in August

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Narrated by Leeds fan Russell Crowe no less, nice touch!

• Advertisement

What we do this season, will echo in eternity...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

maximoose wrote: »
    So the long rumoured documentary from last season is real, trailer leaked and it looks fantastic!

Amazon Prime original, out in August

Trailer

Looks excellent.

I might have to sign up for a Prime trial subscription

Roofe out for 4 weeks. Hopefully this might prompt the club to look at signing additional cover up front.

Zaph wrote: »
    Roofe out for 4 weeks. Hopefully this might prompt the club to look at signing additional cover up front.

Doubts over Roberts' fitness too. Could be starting season with just Bamford and Edmondson. Everything seems quiet but I'm praying we go for a striker and CB. Surely the cost of them is worth giving us a real shot at promotion. Apparent tightness is baffling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Zaph wrote: »

On the positive side at least it means he is unlikely to leave now! I'm not overly optimistic we will be signing any cover up front at this late stage given all the signs from the club are that they were only looking at loan deals. It has been a somewhat underwhelming summer so far.

• Advertisement

Think the club was in better shape this time last year with Jansson on board and the element of the unknown. It seems that as the season wore on teams were set up better to deal with Bielsa to the point where even Lampard figured it out.

Think the club was in better shape this time last year with Jansson on board and the element of the unknown. It seems that as the season wore on teams were set up better to deal with Bielsa to the point where even Lampard figured it out.

We need Costa to stay fit and perform. A second playmaker in the team (like we had for a while with Saiz) should give Pablo lots more space and less pressure to save us.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I honestly felt that the second Derby play-off game at home was lost due to the individual errors of our players rather than any insight Lampard brought through his tactics.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,018 ✭✭✭QikBax

Looks like Phil Hay is off to join The Athletic when they launch in August.

They've poached some huge names from The Guardian, BBC, The Times and more

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I think we badly need another centre back and a striker. Unfortunately I can't see up replicating last season with them. Doom and gloom seems to be setting in for me for some reason.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement