Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Zaph wrote: »
    You don't need to do that, the one I have was bought from a sports memorabilia website.

Seems to be a lot of stuff here. Expensive tho!!!

http://www.a1sportingmemorabilia.co.uk/football/teams/leeds-united-signed-memorabilia.html

Cheeky loan bid for McCormack maybe...you would have to put him up in a gaf without gates too

He was very good for Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham for a number of years. He had, according to the internet rumour mill, a difficult personal situation last year, but is a person who has an impressive scoring record in that division.

Would be slightly nervous that Wood is a one season wonder...but what a season...and if they get near the 20 mill, cash in. But his scoring record before then, including his first season at Leeds, was not good.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

quarryman wrote: »
    Hey lads.

The father turns 60 at the end of the month. He's been a passionate Leeds fan for 50 of those years. Season ticket holder for a few of them too.

I was trying to think of a Leeds type gift for him. Any ideas?

I was thinking of emailing Radrizzani and asking about a signed (by a few of the players) Leeds jersey. Love the new away jersey. Not for free either, happy to pay. Just hoping he could get one signed maybe.

Obviously a trip over for a game is an idea, but we'll probably be doing that too at towards the end of the year.

If it were my aul fella I know he would much rather an experience over merchandise. Would he enjoy a trip for a game which takes in a tour of the stadium and maybe if you could afford it to get into one of the hospitality lounges? I haven't been myself so can't comment on them but they certainly look like a treat to remember and some of them include meeting one of the former legends.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    If it were my aul fella I know he would much rather an experience over merchandise. Would he enjoy a trip for a game which takes in a tour of the stadium and maybe if you could afford it to get into one of the hospitality lounges? I haven't been myself so can't comment on them but they certainly look like a treat to remember and some of them include meeting one of the former legends.

Never mind the hospitality lounge stuff, a load of pints in Lorimer's bar after a game, with the great man himself doling them out. Sure didn't they test how hard he kicked the ball in a lab that tested the velocity of bullets?

I thought mentioning McCormack on here was just in jest but seems to be a real link. Story on Teamtalk below. Daily Mail saying Burnley will come back with £20m for Wood. Would happily have Wood and McCormack both here but wouldn't want him be a replacement.

http://www.teamtalk.com/news/leeds-have-made-mccormack-enquiry-as-wood-exit-fears-grow

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

If he was fit and happy to be a squad player...big ifs though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I actually met him in Glasgow in 2014 when Ireland played in Celtic Park and asked him about Leeds & he said he loved it there and would go back in a heartbeat,

TBH i dont care who we sign once they score goals

In 8 seasons at Cardiff, Leeds and Fulham, McCormack scored 116 goals in 307 games, or a goal every 2.6 games. For someone who was often played on the wing, that's an impressive record. Certainly before last season he'd have been considered a far better player than Wood. Hence Championship clubs forked out big sums for him, Fulham paid Leeds 11 mill and sold him for 12. I'd be glad to see him back, but of course the risk is how much the past year has damaged his confidence.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

2nd bid from Burnley rejected this morning .. they're now looking elsewhere - I think with the Andre Gray money they were the most likely to come up with a suitable bid

• Advertisement

Good stream available on Leeds United Live Streaming facebook page

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

That's the 2nd one on one that Wood has missed the last two games. Hope he starts banging them in soon.

Worrying first 20 mins but we are doing well since then.

Didn't see the second half, but Shaughnessy was given a 9/10 by the YEP

Nice to see another Irishman doing well there

Being reported that we have accepted an offer of 15m + add-ons from Burnley for Wood.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Wood has pulled out of the game this evening. Looks like Burnley is a done deal.

Get Snodgrass and McCormack back in. With the money. We'll be grand.

Very disappointing time to lose Wood. Hope Ekuban has a good game. German guy we're linked to seems ok but know nothing about him really. Needed another striker before we lost Wood as we all know. Important couple of weeks ahead now for Radz.

Can still beat Sunderland! MoT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Cooper with a save of the season effort and then go 1 up. Great stuff!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,710 ✭✭✭✭Paully D

If you don't stop torturing Galloway down our left hand side someone from Leeds is going to get arrested for abuse. :eek:

Paully D wrote: »
    If you don't stop torturing Galloway down our left hand side someone from Leeds is going to get arrested for abuse. :eek:

He's in a safe place now

• Advertisement

Some cross, hard, out swinging...

Chris who? Leeds are going up

Chris who? Leeds are going up

'Kyle who' more like. Cooper and Jansson immaculate.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Great performance this evening. If we use the wood money wisely we'll make serious noise this season.

That was good watching

Would love to see a move for Shane Long.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,046 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We need to get a couple of strikers in before the transfer window ends or this result will seem like a distant memory come April.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

blaa85 wrote: »
    Would love to see a move for Shane Long.

For two reasons. We would get a very good striker and Long from an Ireland point of view would be playing regularly again.

Watching the pl highlights, I'd have said a move for Charlie Austin would be good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Interesting marker laid down by Christiansen - during his post match interview with BBC Leeds, given that Wood had rejected to sign a new contract, he said he didn't want a player who didn't want to play for the club.

It would seem to me that Leeds most likely then went back to Burnley and said he was available and certainly doesn't seem to have been because of a new higher improved offer.

Best of luck to Wood but I really think Burnley have overpaid here and don't think he's good enough for the PL. Shane Long would be a great buy but I'm not sure he sees himself at a championship club so doubt he would be keen to join. It probably depends on who else he could move to as it looks like he is out of the picture at Southampton.
    Great result on Saturday though and the clean sheets can only help build a new stable back 5.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Radrizzani has come straight out and said that the €15m will be reinvested which is a positive sign anyway. Will be a busy last week of the window anyway by the looks of it. Bridcutt off to Forest in the next day or two also.

https://twitter.com/PhilHayYEP/status/899605437158445062

Don't think we'll be seeing Shane Long anytime soon! :p

Radrizzani has come straight out and said that the €15m will be reinvested which is a positive sign anyway. Will be a busy last week of the window anyway by the looks of it. Bridcutt off to Forest in the next day or two also.

Offering to replace all jersey's with Wood printed on the back for free is a great gesture too. One the player could have made himself, but Radz has been brilliant with his public relations stuff.

Think Long is waaaay out of reach regarding wages unless it was a loan and they covered a lot. Did you see the cars he had on "Living wit Lucy"???

Rudy Gestede just linked. Reaction from fans is all negative that he's useless. Not seen too much of him but looks alright. Definitely the target man style and could be well suited.

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
    The problem is that even in the unlikely event that Monk got the whole 11m, we're going to need two centre backs because Bartley will be back at Swansea, and given the season he's had there's no chance they'll loan him out again. To get two players of similar quality is going to cost a lot more than that, and there are other areas of the team that'll need strengthening as well.

I saw one article that had an interesting suggestion, that if the teams I mentioned above are all interested we should only deal with Chelsea on the basis that we get Tammy Abraham on loan as part of the deal. It would be good to have another proven goalscorer up front with Wood.

I'll eat my hat if wood is still a Leeds player in august , he's scored a bucket load of goals this season so will be in demand , he's 25 on 17k a week , min premier league wage is at least double that, money talks and Leeds could at least treble their initial 3m investment , would love to be wrong but I just can't see it happening

Guess i dont have to eat my hat :pac:

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Zaph View Post
    The problem is that even in the unlikely event that Monk got the whole 11m, we're going to need two centre backs because Bartley will be back at Swansea, and given the season he's had there's no chance they'll loan him out again. To get two players of similar quality is going to cost a lot more than that, and there are other areas of the team that'll need strengthening as well.

I saw one article that had an interesting suggestion, that if the teams I mentioned above are all interested we should only deal with Chelsea on the basis that we get Tammy Abraham on loan as part of the deal. It would be good to have another proven goalscorer up front with Wood.

I'll eat my hat if wood is still a Leeds player in august , he's scored a bucket load of goals this season so will be in demand , he's 25 on 17k a week , min premier league wage is at least double that, money talks and Leeds could at least treble their initial 3m investment , would love to be wrong but I just can't see it happening

Guess i dont have to eat my hat :pac:

I dunno, you could say he was a Leeds player in August technically!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    I dunno, you could say he was a Leeds player in August technically!

Good point Mushy. Here you go Stryker :D

mXsqKJUSGeQT2iWvjRnhA5w.jpg

Zaph wrote: »
    Good point Mushy. Here you go Stryker :D

mXsqKJUSGeQT2iWvjRnhA5w.jpg

Foiled by a technically !!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

At least we're all in good spirits despite losing Woody!

Nice to see positive vibes, hopefully solid replacement within the next 10 days!

It's still very early days and we haven't played any of the top teams yet but I have to admit I have been pleasantly surprised at how well we have started the season given the number of changes in personnel since last season. Onwards and upwards! MOT.

• Advertisement

I meant to post earlier about the search for a striker, after last night this sorta has a bit of an afteriming ring to it - but I was thinking that there'll be a rush to spend with 15m burning a hole in the pocket.

We seem to have had this thing about buying proven goal scorers them playing them wide in the past. Roofe should be given the opportunity to nail down the role - he's quick and proved with Oxford that he knows where the net is, he had an unbelievable strike rate of 1 in every 2 games .. after last night showing we've nothing to lose?

Yeah you never know with a young lad like that Docta, if he gets a bit of confidence he could become the player he promised to be when at Oxford. A lot of fans seem to have given up on him but I think if he gets the backing from the boss and starts to bang in a few more, he could be start to look like a very different player and might make everyone think again. Last night can certainly only help his cause.
    That said, I do think we need to get someone else in as cover as there is also the very real possibility that Roofe can only do it against lower league opposition.

Dutch lad Jay Roy grot from NEC. having a medical today so expect him to be announced later today, similar physical attributes to Gestede, a big lump of a man basically! 5 goals in 31 appearances according to wiki, but only 19 so hopefully lots of potential!

Also TC willing to let Sacko out on loan, why did we waste money on him?

toumani diagouraga having his contract terminated to free up wages

Yeah that's a fair point on the quality of opposition, last night would if anything reinforce that.

I just wonder this late into the window where we're likely to find that quality striker, that hasn't been snapped up or had bids already rebuffed by their club? 15m is a serious wedge of money for us to have to spend in this day and age .. And with the optics of having to be seen to reinvest promptly it would be criminal if it went on a panic buy for the sake of it .. I think the value will lie abroad but that brings its own problems

Still linked with McCormack. Also favourites to sign Jordan Rhodes. Think one of them would be an addition, would be hard to keep both happy while seeing if others can step up to the role.

Doukara on his bike, contract terminated...so may be looking for more cover on the wing now also, especially if Sacko is on his way too.

Very odd if that's the case, but he was signed before TC took over.

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Doukara on his bike, contract terminated...so may be looking for more cover on the wing now also, especially if Sacko is on his way too.

Very odd if that's the case, but he was signed before TC took over.

'Dave' gone too by all accounts - a lot of wages freed up with Bridcutt gone too.

Jay-Roy Grot, the young dutch lad from NEC is a done deal according to Phil Hay and also still in for a few English based forwards. Danny Ings the latest I've seen us linked with.

Looks like Snoddy is on his was to Villa, a shame that we didn't make a push for him as of all the ex LUFC players over the last few years I think he has real quality and I'm surprised no one of the newly promoted prem clubs are looking for him.

Seems to be a clear out of faces from last season. Now some, like Bartley, Wood and Taylor, were pretty inevitable as they moved up. Some, like Antonsson, just didn't seem to cut it. Some, like Bridcutt and Doukara, have surprised, would have thought them at least good enough for the bench. If the likes of Sacko and Roofe start edging for the door, the squad may be very changed indeed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

There's no doubt but we're better than last season. Those going (apart from Wood) were never going to be first 11 starters. Mind you, Saiz and Alioski appear to be a class act and could just be the difference between top 6 and top 2. Roll on Saturday.

Dare to dream !!!

• Advertisement

championc wrote: »
    There's no doubt but we're better than last season. Those going (apart from Wood) were never going to be first 11 starters.

Very hard to tell after a handful of games, with good results against one club that was just promoted, and one that was tipped to go into freefall. I'll wait until Christmas anyway - we were awful this time last season and then we took off and everyone agreed Monk was the best manager in years. We have lost first team players like Bartley and Taylor, and Bridcutt was captain.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement