Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Finished the documentary. Heart breaking stuff in the last episode especially with a certain version of song playing. That was the first time I have seen any of the footage again since that horrible night. I think the documentary dealt with it very well. Well worth the watch.

Funny how todays game was starting to mirror last seasons, but we where more professional this time and of course we have Brentford next just like last year. So another chance to get some revenge on what happened at easter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Finished the documentary. Heart breaking stuff in the last episode especially with a certain version of song playing. That was the first time I have seen any of the footage again since that horrible night. I think the documentary dealt with it very well. Well worth the watch.

Funny how todays game was starting to mirror last seasons, but we where more professional this time and of course we have Brentford next just like last year. So another chance to get some revenge on what happened at easter.

I’ve contemplated not watching because of the disappointment of last year but I’ll probably binge watch it tomorrow
    I was at the Brentford game last year, flew all the way from California on what should of been us getting a stranglehold of second spot but some a disastrous spell of form killed it, had to stand in the home end with a nightmare hangover, bad memories

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I’ve contemplated not watching because of the disappointment of last year but I’ll probably binge watch it tomorrow
    I was at the Brentford game last year, flew all the way from California on what should of been us getting a stranglehold of second spot but some a disastrous spell of form killed it, had to stand in the home end with a nightmare hangover, bad memories

I was dreading watching the last episode. I even thought of turning it off after the first playoff game against Derby, but Im glad I didnt. So binge away :)

The Wigan game last season broke us. We wilted mentally in the end.

What a tough watch Brentford must have been. We will put it right Wednesday I hope. Hopefully no Jansson goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

That last episode was a tough watch. But I did laugh out loud when Ayling asked if anyone had seen Bamfords eye after the villa game 😂

Thought Harrison looked unreal yesterday. Bamford chasing down everything was great. And was probably kikos best game, although he still makes me nervous. A couple more games like that please. Buzzing for Wednesday now!

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

Anybody flown out recently from Cork? Last few times I've gone over I trek to Dublin but thinking of doing Cork - Manchester and getting train up...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Take Us Home

Anyone else having trouble with subtitles on Amazon Prime? I can either get everything subtitled or nothing and, obviously, the words from our leader are vital to the insight behind events

Cheers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Take Us Home

Anyone else having trouble with subtitles on Amazon Prime? I can either get everything subtitled or nothing and, obviously, the words from our leader are vital to the insight behind events

Cheers

Working fine for on Fire TV

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Take Us Home

Cheers

Yep, encountered the same thing last night when I started it. Thought it was intentional at the start not to show what the Argentinians were saying (in a Captain Phillips kind of way), but nope - Deffo an issue.

I'm watching through LG TV, unless thats causing the issue? When I select to turn on Subtitles, it only gives me the options of Danish. So I'm not even getting the options of English.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

iseegirls wrote: »

I'm watching through LG TV, unless thats causing the issue? .

I'm using the same, with the amazon prime app on the OS

No issues with subtitles, I assumed they were hardcoded as I didn't turn any subtitles on and they were showing for me at all times when Bielsa was speaking

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Yep, encountered the same thing last night when I started it. Thought it was intentional at the start not to show what the Argentinians were saying (in a Captain Phillips kind of way), but nope - Deffo an issue.

I'm watching through LG TV, unless thats causing the issue? When I select to turn on Subtitles, it only gives me the options of Danish. So I'm not even getting the options of English.

Same with an LG tv and Dansk subtitles , Just come out of the program , go to settings and change the subtitles language

• Advertisement

Speaking of the documentary. After the Wigan game, I was very gung-ho about this season. Then I watched first 2 episodes and remembered that we got off to a great start last year. I am not getting ahead of myself this year until at least April.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Anybody flown out recently from Cork? Last few times I've gone over I trek to Dublin but thinking of doing Cork - Manchester and getting train up...

Never flown from Cork but have regularly flown in to Manchester and taken the train. I'm sure you know this but there is a station at Manchester Airport with regular trains to Leeds. Takes approx an hour and 20 mins with 3 or 4 stops.

Price varies but usually approx € 20 one way.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What's the advantage of flying to Manchester and getting the train to Leeds, rather than flying to Leeds/Bradford? Is it simply more, and as a result potentially cheaper flights, or is the airport in Leeds particularly difficult to get into the city from?

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Zaph wrote: »
    What's the advantage of flying to Manchester and getting the train to Leeds, rather than flying to Leeds/Bradford? Is it simply more, and as a result potentially cheaper flights, or is the airport in Leeds particularly difficult to get into the city from?

It's a bit of everything I suppose.

With Sky moving the games at short notice, sometimes flights need to be changed.

If you book a trip at short notice, the Leeds flight on the Sat morn can be fully booked or ridiculously expensive.There are also a good selection of flights to Manchester both ways, with both Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

The bus can take 40 mins from LBA to the City Centre depending on traffic and its 40 Stg in a taxi.

First game of the year for me on Wednesday and flying to Doncaster with Flybe on Wed morning.

Finished the doc last night, it's hard to watch the last 2 eps when you know what's coming but it ends on a somewhat uplifting note. Ayling teasing Bamford was hilarious. Really enjoyed it overall, and hopefully season 2 is a happier one!

That cover song had us near tears ffs

Looking forward to Brentford tomorrow, bit more of a test than the games so far

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Same with an LG tv and Dansk subtitles , Just come out of the program , go to settings and change the subtitles language

Cheers. Have it changed there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Cheers. Have it changed there now.

Yea, took me ages to figure out the Dansk thing as well- it's still all subtitles or 'nothing' right?

Got through episode 1, enjoying it but feel will be worse for wear by the end of it.

Shlippery wrote: »
    Yea, took me ages to figure out the Dansk thing as well- it's still all subtitles or 'nothing' right?

Got through episode 1, enjoying it but feel will be worse for wear by the end of it.

Yea i just left the subtitles on , got used to them

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Was reluctant to watch the doc, but some parts are actually cathartic. In particular, even though it was short, the piece with Bielsa was the best part for me. Speaking about the "human tide" of support that deserved a different ending...I may have had something in my eye :(

Orta and his passion stood out, with Radz it felt a little forced and more attention seeking. You can tell who funded it anyway!

Of course the worst part was reliving all those defeats that ultimately cost us automatic, and the very fine margins at play too, e.g. Roberts hitting the post and Harrison missing a great chance vs Sheff Utd at home. One of those goes in....

That's football Leeds though!

edit:fmp

I am two episodes in. AM finding it tough. The fake commentary on the live matches is a bit annoying. Other than that it is pretty good. Orta is fantastic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

It's a bit of everything I suppose.

With Sky moving the games at short notice, sometimes flights need to be changed.

If you book a trip at short notice, the Leeds flight on the Sat morn can be fully booked or ridiculously expensive.There are also a good selection of flights to Manchester both ways, with both Ryanair and Aer Lingus.

The bus can take 40 mins from LBA to the City Centre depending on traffic and its 40 Stg in a taxi.

First game of the year for me on Wednesday and flying to Doncaster with Flybe on Wed morning.

Cheers!

Yeah, direct flight to Manchester from Cork is way cheaper and the risk of games changing has stung me in the past.

The trek to Dublin is longer than train from Manchester and allows for more ample boozing time without the worry. You do miss out on the craic in Dublin on Saturday morning for the flight over to Leeds/Bradford tho.

Going to chance Derby that way and then looking at Birmingham and QPR the same way if it works out.

Derby has already been moved to the early KO, have my flights booked :)

The fixture list here is generally updated with plenty of notice for what's on TV, out as far as 2nd October now

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is the game on telly tonight?

It's on red button on sky sports football, as are all games tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 433 ✭✭Tarquin1970

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Is the game on telly tonight?

On the Red Button on Sky as far as i know....

The EFL website is worth bookmarking for the TV selection dates. There's a commitment to announce any changes five weeks in advance, e.g. next batch of games from 2nd October to 9th November is due to be announced by 30th August, but I think they've actually made some announcements earlier than scheduled this year, so worth keeping an eye on their twitter page too.

https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/

And the list of selected games so far here:
    https://www.efl.com/clubs-and-competitions/tv-games/domestic-efl-games/

Thanks for that, hoping to get over for the QPR game, but want to do other stuff in Leeds while we're there. At least when we know when the game is we can work around it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 114 ✭✭board_stiff

Anyone familiar with purchasing match passes on LUTV?

According to the FAQ each game pass is £10 for UK & Ireland viewers but when I go to subscribe it says: Leeds v Brentford - Match Pass only £5 for 6 days.

Anyone familiar with purchasing match passes on LUTV?

According to the FAQ each game pass is £10 for UK & Ireland viewers but when I go to subscribe it says: Leeds v Brentford - Match Pass only £5 for 6 days.

5 pound for overseas viewers and 10 pound for Éire / UK. Make sure you choose the correct one or you will need a decent vpn. Shows as 10 pounds when I went to checkout, but I didn't pay as I'll be watching on sky. I got it Saturday though, video has improved since last year but commentary was not great.

• Advertisement

Eddie!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Get in. Great win. Hopping in and out of the Stoke game. Feel sorry for James McClean. Whats he doing at the foot of the Championship? He would fit in very well at Leeds.

Hopefully events tonight don't necessarily feed into the Nketiah or Bamford idea, but support the Nketiah and Bamford option. Which is not to say Leeds should start with that, but if the only alternative to one striker is haul him off and put on another, it's a bit limited.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Hopefully events tonight don't necessarily feed into the Nketiah or Bamford idea, but support the Nketiah and Bamford option. Which is not to say Leeds should start with that, but if the only alternative to one striker is haul him off and put on another, it's a bit limited.

Some of our passing tonight was truly awful, I think bamford and nketiah need to be tried together... thought Costa looked decent from what I saw tonight

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Get in. Great win. Hopping in and out of the Stoke game. Feel sorry for James McClean. Whats he doing at the foot of the Championship? He would fit in very well at Leeds.

I like McClean well enough, he always tries his heart out for Ireland, but I wouldn't want him at Leeds. He's hot-headed and a not-very sophisticated player.

I dunno. Bielsa's a 'one striker' man, I think. Rotating two people in one role can also help to get the best out of both of them.

• Advertisement

Bielsa said after the match that he'd consider playing Bamford and Nketiah together, depending on who the opposition was.

Well, of course he'd say that. But his preference is for one. Nketiah knew that, but came anyway, despite Stoke's* - a two striker team - interest.

* Think it was Stoke anyway.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I thought Brentford were the better team in the first half but we were far and away the better team in the second half. With that said though, we were creating very little chances and I thought it was going to end 0-0. The goal was very well worked, good pass to Costa, good ball across the box and great movement from Nketiah.

It's great to be back on top of the league.

A hard fought win in the end. Brentford were very good in spells and things could have gone differently only for the width of the post.

Similar to Wigan, Pablo was off but others stepped up. Nketiah and Costa off the bench were fantastic - both have that extra turn of pace that made all the difference. Don't think many of last year's bench options had that, besides Clarke maybe, but he was very patchy.

Maybe Bielsa sees Bamford sitting a little deeper in the 10 role? This year he seems a lot better at holding onto the ball anyways, a bit more aggressive.

Another plus, Kiko seems a lot more settled the last 2-3 games. Hope he keeps it up....the madman :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

I thought in the first quarter we looked like a team who had a long season under us and were struggling to keep going - there seemed to be a lethargy with our play and we were lucky Brentford did not score with a shot that came back off the inside of a post.

In the second quarter we dominated without making their keeper work at all, although Bamford should have scored with one of his two headed chances.

The second half was similar, i.e. dominating without making any real chances or making their keeper work; it is a long time since I saw Pablo as ineffective as he was last night.

Still, the changes worked and it was great to get a win that for me somehow balanced the two points dropped at home to Forest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

I was at the foo fighters so I missed the game, got a lot of **** for checking the score :-D

Good to get the three points and delighted nkeitah got off to an early start. Will be interesting to see how big a role he plays.

I was dreading watching the last episode. I even thought of turning it off after the first playoff game against Derby, but Im glad I didnt. So binge away :)

The Wigan game last season broke us. We wilted mentally in the end.

What a tough watch Brentford must have been. We will put it right Wednesday I hope. Hopefully no Jansson goal

My girlfriend watched it with me, she is Guatemalan and she turns to me during an episode, “I think I understand you a lot better now”
    We have been together 6 years and it takes a documentary for her to finally come to terms with my obsession
    And then I broke it to her that iam flying back in December to watch a game...lol

What a goal , what a move beautifully finished by Dallas , a thing of beauty

Not bad at all, for me, White looks like a seriously good player, so comfortable on the ball and has a natural read of the game. Harrison looks like a different player this year, big confidence player.
    Bamford is working hard but it’s tough for him up there

That was a great goal. Bring on Eddie and Costa after the hour mark and Stoke won't be able to keep up.

Get in! Another beauty ...both full backs on the scoresheet now

Bamford gets the third!

We are hammering this lot , I would expect Nathan Jones to get the sack soon , they've gone backwards since he arrived from Luton

Excellent win, White was immense, very impressed with him

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Really enjoying the positive vibes at the moment..I know stoke are are sitting pretty at the bottom but it's still a nice win away from home and happy for Bamford as well. As long as those goals keep going in.

Costa came close too, that was a serious save by the stoke keeper

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement