Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Excellent win, White was immense, very impressed with him

Looks top quality

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Tasty clash with Swansea before the international break. If we win that, we will be two points better off then we were last year heading into the break.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

I hope Bielsa has a chat with Nketiah. Poor discipline and a few moves where he thought it was all about him

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I've just watched the highlights. Some lovely stuff. Who played that glorious pass for the first goal? A peach from Pablo as well for the third.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davedanon wrote: »
    I've just watched the highlights. Some lovely stuff. Who played that glorious pass for the first goal? A peach from Pablo as well for the third.

That was also Pablo. That sounded like a great performance today, some lovely play and great goals

Mushy wrote: »
    That was also Pablo. That sounded like a great performance today, some lovely play and great goals

Ah, right. I assumed it must be him, but it didn't look like him on the video.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I feel like the Leeds performance today was a very mature one, it seemed like a more balanced performance, they eased themselves into the game, didn’t over expose themselves by pushing too much. Took their opportunities extremely well, delighted by that win
    Would be harsh to criticize nkeitah for being selfish and stuff, it’s what you would expect from him especially with the shoreline the way it was, sure Foreshaw was taking free kicks on the edge of the box to try and break his drought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Just saw the game what a terrific performance, lots of quick accurate passing, great movement and solid all around. I reckon stoke are pretty poor and we'll face tougher tests but apart from the forest game the signs are very good.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Just when it seemed like Pablo was still off the boil, he comes up with the assist of the season. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

That Forest home draw looks slightly less worse now that they won away to Fulham and took a point at Charlton too.

• Advertisement

Still a very long way to go so it's important not to get ahead of ourselves , look at last season !

Not gonna rule Stoke or Huddersfield out , they'll be replacing managers soon no doubt so will be a totally different proposition.

BUT if we can avoid our Christmas blip and have better luck with injuries this season , why not

Just when it seemed like Pablo was still off the boil, he comes up with the assist of the season. Form is temporary, class is permanent.

That Forest home draw looks slightly less worse now that they won away to Fulham and took a point at Charlton too.

Let's be honest. We weren't at our best against Forest, and yet their point was an act of absolute larceny. They hadn't been in the game at all. I haven't seen a team yet that I'd be scared of. Just need to keep everyone fit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

davedanon wrote: »
    Let's be honest. We weren't at our best against Forest, and yet their point was an act of absolute larceny. They hadn't been in the game at all. I haven't seen a team yet that I'd be scared of. Just need to keep everyone fit.
    Grabban got two more yesterday and they got a good win. Less concerned about the potential for injuries derailing things unless it's worse than last season. Think there is enough quality to cover, except for White!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Dallas is in flying form this season, absolutely love it.

Pablo has looked a little off in the last few games at times but then he'll pull an incredible pass out of nowhere and create a goal, amazing ball for goals 1&3 and a hand in the second as well.

Could do with spanking Stoke again tomorrow in the cup before Swansea on Saturday, they are playing well it's looking like that could be a great game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

First goal was a complete bobby dazzler...

Anyone know of any Pubs that show our games in Galway city?

It's on sky so not a stream or anything

• Advertisement

Not sure if the game tonight is on LUTV for foreign countries, but Jermaine Beckford is doing the commentary. Hopefully he is better then Ben, he kinda wrecked by head.

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Jermaine.

71 goals in 126 games for Leeds. 31 goals in the promotion season, including winners at Old Trafford in the FA Cup and against Bristol Rovers on the last day of the season.

He could say "rhubarb rhubarb rhubarb" for 90 minutes and I'd listen to him.

blaa85 wrote: »
    Not sure if the game tonight is on LUTV for foreign countries, but Jermaine Beckford is doing the commentary. Hopefully he is better then Ben, he kinda wrecked by head.

I think it might be audio only tonight

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Was reluctant to watch the doc, but some parts are actually cathartic. In particular, even though it was short, the piece with Bielsa was the best part for me. Speaking about the "human tide" of support that deserved a different ending...I may have had something in my eye :(

Orta and his passion stood out, with Radz it felt a little forced and more attention seeking. You can tell who funded it anyway!

Of course the worst part was reliving all those defeats that ultimately cost us automatic, and the very fine margins at play too, e.g. Roberts hitting the post and Harrison missing a great chance vs Sheff Utd at home. One of those goes in....

That's football Leeds though!

edit:fmp
    Just finished watching it today. Can't say I enjoyed it especially given we knew what was coming but would agree there were some nice bits in it. I especially clung to the line near the end when Bielsa agreed to stay on about how he knows what went wrong and how to fix it!
    Orta must be some craic to sit beside at matches! One thing I saw half way through was our list of club captains on the wall. We haven't half picked some bad ones over the last 15 years!. Liam Bridcutt, Jason Pearce, Lee Peltier, we've come a long way.
    Overall I think it showed a club doing the right thing and going in the right direction. It also showed that we won't relax this season until we're 15 points clear with 4 games left!

Eddie hits the post. Sounds like Stoke started strongly, and now we're having the better of it.

• Advertisement

Stoke score.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Stoke scored again. Two up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I don't really care about this result. Now, if it leads to a loss on Saturday, not good. But a weakened team, after the result on Saturday....I'll take it

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    I don't really care about this result. Now, if it leads to a loss on Saturday, not good. But a weakened team, after the result on Saturday....I'll take it

I agree, don't want any distractions from what has to be the only priority this season, the league.

Eddie scores.

Poor Butland, he has had a rough few weeks. Messes up his kick and Eddie nutmegs him!

2 - 2! Costa gets it!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Stoke win 5-4 on penalties. Harrison hit the post with the last one.

Zaph wrote: »
    Stoke win 5-4 on penalties. Harrison hit the post with the last one.
    Unlucky but it's a lottery. If anything can be learnt from it it's that some players may take a good while longer to be considered for first team action.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Meh, that's another midweek game dodged now. Be good to get the win on Saturday against Swansea and start to build a bit of a gap.

Yeah, we made a game of it, pens a lottery. Mickey-mouse cup, move on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Doesn't look good for the 3 players that were hooked off at half time.

Clarke hasn't hit the heights of when he first appeared on the scene last year. Think we did well to bag the money for him earlier this summer.He hasn't appeared on the subs bench for the league games, and judging by this performance, he may be waiting a while.

Shackleton and McCalmont taken off as well. Eddie Nketiah and Helder Costa did well - but will be back on the bench for Swansea no doubt - but great options to have to bring on.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

iseegirls wrote: »
    Clarke hasn't hit the heights of when he first appeared on the scene last year. Think we did well to bag the money for him earlier this summer.He hasn't appeared on the subs bench for the league games, and judging by this performance, he may be waiting a while.

I said in the Summer that I was happy to see him sold. I think he is massively overrated and I doubt we will see much of this season barring injuries.

When he was good, he was very very good...for me the most attractive type of footballer is the winger. And not the Giggs "run very fast and cut inside" type, but the mazy ones with elbows pointing every way going inside and out and turning defenders around. In Eddie Grey, Leeds had one of the greatest, and at times Clarke gave the odd flash of brilliance.

And then he got sick.

Clarke is an odd one alright - can see Spurs recalling and sending him out elsewhere in Jan where he might get game time cuz he's pretty far down the pecking order with us now. Doesn't seem arsed either.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I think we blew it in the first half. 70% possession and 2 down.
    We should have been cruising this match.
    This is what's so annoying about Leeds. Do something with the possession guys.
    We are going nowhere if we don't.

TBF it was a hugely changed side, I wouldn't be putting too much stock in it

Big match Sat now, looking forward to it

maximoose wrote: »
    Big match Sat now, looking forward to it

Same only I'll be at the match - last time I was there was 1994 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Keyzer wrote: »
    Same only I'll be at the match - last time I was there was 1994 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

The last time you skipped out of Elland Road, the topic was "Gary Kelly will be one hell of a full back, discuss"...:D

The last time you skipped out of Elland Road, the topic was "Gary Kelly will be one hell of a full back, discuss"...:D

Yeah - lifetime ago...

2 nil up at half time, lost 3-2... Shoulda known better.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Keyzer wrote: »

Deadly,you'll love it. If it's anything like Brentford the atmosphere will be electric. Swansea are looking like a good side early on. Be nice to put them back in their box.

See you in the Scarborough Hotel for a few beers beforehand.............

I'll be the one in the White :-)

Even though we started a few regulars last night, we were without Forshaw and Klich in the middle and both first choice Centre Backs. Shows how important they are to the system.

Stoke should be a decent side with the squad they have. We battered them on Saturday and again in the second half last night when we strengthened with 3 regulars.

Keep,playing like that and we'll be in the thick of it all season.

Any other gold members looking to mutually benefit, id appreciate the help for Derby match :D

Brentford gave me hope when I saw it was 4 per member but back to 1 for this.

maximoose wrote: »
    Any other gold members looking to mutually benefit, id appreciate the help for Derby match :D

Brentford gave me hope when I saw it was 4 per member but back to 1 for this.

Yea no prob , I have a gold adult and a kids

Really good game so far, we are definitely on top and the better team but Swansea look very dangerous also.
    White class again and Harrison looks like a different player

Well that’s a kick in the balls, really really didn’t deserve to lose that, it was actually a good performance, Swansea with the a poxy goal, hopefully this doesn’t knock the confidence too much

Well that’s a kick in the balls, really really didn’t deserve to lose that, it was actually a good performance, Swansea with the a poxy goal, hopefully this doesn’t knock the confidence too much
    It's really not a good performance when your shot ratio is a shocking 21/3. Score two of those and a poxy goal has no effect! Same weak link as last season still there and the one more than anything else that can end the promotion run before it starts.

• Advertisement

is_that_so wrote: »
    It's really not a good performance when your shot ratio is a shocking 21/3. Score two of those and a poxy goal has no effect! Same weak link as last season still there and the one more than anything else that can end the promotion run before it starts.

Definitely same problems as last season but as a whole I thought the performance was pretty good in general. I presume you watched the game, I thought Swansea played really well also and would of been disappointed if they lost, we were better but they had a solid game plan and executed

Definitely same problems as last season but as a whole I thought the performance was pretty good in general. I presume you watched the game, I thought Swansea played really well also and would of been disappointed if they lost, we were better but they had a solid game plan and executed
    Was actually out but will catch highlights later. I expected a draw out of the gates and would have settled for that. I just find this dominance but no result very frustrating. The real problem is that there are at least a half a dozen teams who can set themselves up like this and like Swansea nick the win off a counter or the other weak link, set pieces. Chances have to go in in every game and if they don't it could be May all over again. That said still optimistic but expressing my concern! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Howard Wilkinson put his finger on the krux of the issue last season. No point in having 70% possession and three times as many shots as Swansea if you have nobody who knows where the goalposts are and sticks it into the net. Another long season beckons.
    Last Wednesday 70% possession and 2 down at half time.

Just watched the highlights , how did we lose that game ..... The amount of clear cut chances we created (and missed) is encouraging at least

Just watched the highlights , how did we lose that game ..... The amount of clear cut chances we created (and missed) is encouraging at least

As mentioned above, they did play well in most parts of the pitch but slipped up where it matters. The goal was a copy of so many goals from last season and could have gone anywhere. I think it's a case of accepting that the defence will only be so good!

The other end is the real problem. At times Swansea had more than six players in the box and they were set up to stifle anything from about 20m out. In that scenario chances are going to be limited and you really have to take them. Two in particular stand out for me, Pablo trying to walk past the defence and not shooting immediately and Eddie's into the side netting.

Other teams will have been watching that and I reckon there are quite a lot who fancy they can park the bus but at least half a dozen who can probably do what Swansea did, well.

In some respects it's no bad thing as a loss does bring others into the equation as possible starters. Alioski/Helder swap looking to me like the most obvious one.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement