Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Just watched the highlights , how did we lose that game ..... The amount of clear cut chances we created (and missed) is encouraging at least

Was at the game, we lost it because we have no quality up front. Bamford was non-existant. Eddie tried when he came on but no real clear cut chances for him. I don't like singling out players but Bamford just ain't good enough.

Other that (massive) problem, we dominated the game. I said to my bro when Swansea got the corner, bet you a fiver they score. Could see it coming.

White is a beast, such a good player and hopefully we can hang on to him. Pablo was very lively for a 34 year old. Harrison and Alioski had some great link up play.

That said, great experience to be there and look forward to going back in November.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Keyzer wrote: »
    Was at the game, we lost it because we have no quality up front. Bamford was non-existant. Eddie tried when he came on but no real clear cut chances for him. I don't like singling out players but Bamford just ain't good enough.

Other that (massive) problem, we dominated the game. I said to my bro when Swansea got the corner, bet you a fiver they score. Could see it coming.

White is a beast, such a good player and hopefully we can hang on to him. Pablo was very lively for a 34 year old. Harrison and Alioski had some great link up play.

That said, great experience to be there and look forward to going back in November.

We seem to lose when Boardies travel over :eek:

I was at the Good Friday Wigan disaster last season :(

We seem to lose when Boardies travel over :eek:

I was at the Good Friday Wigan disaster last season :(

I'm 2 for 2.

Leeds United v Chelsea, 27 August 1994: 2-3
    Leeds United v Swansea, 31 August 2019: 0-1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Keyzer wrote: »
    Eddie tried when he came on but no real clear cut chances for him. I don't like singling out players but Bamford just ain't good enough.

I thought we looked much worse when Bamford went off tbh

Very disappointing result, bit unlucky with their goal - was a complete scuff - but we need to be taking our own chances.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Possible three more out on the final day of this window, two loans at least it seems. Shaughnessy to Mansfield, De Bock to Sunderland and Anita - somewhere.

EDIT: Anita contract has been terminated by mutual consent.

Kent off to rangers for 7m

Smell of Daniel James off that deal!! Hopefully we don't regret it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

maximoose wrote: »
    Any other gold members looking to mutually benefit, id appreciate the help for Derby match :D

Brentford gave me hope when I saw it was 4 per member but back to 1 for this.

Hope you got sorted. Didn't spot that tickets went on sale this morning (I assume) and just checked in on the site to see when they would be going up. Very limited ones left. Got Upper East as anything else seemed to be family or restricted view.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Hope you got sorted. Didn't spot that tickets went on sale this morning (I assume) and just checked in on the site to see when they would be going up. Very limited ones left. Got Upper East as anything else seemed to be family or restricted view.

Have to be quick off the mark these days. Going with the young lad this time and got N7 after a 30 minute wait at 9 AM.

Got sorted :)

Was after 6 tix, 4 of us are members already and got help with the other two - thanks again stryker and Keyzer!

Was after 6 tix, 4 of us are members already and got help with the other two - thanks again stryker and Keyzer!

No problemo - wouldn't have got tickets for Swansea if you hadn't helped me out so pay it forward.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Kalvin Phillips 5 year extension announced. Great news!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Big vote of confidence in the club from Kalvin. Hopefully we'll be able to live up to his ambitions.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Looking at flights for Birmingham at home on Oct 19th, has anyone ever managed to make the 8pm flight from Manchester to Dublin?

There's a 17:40 train from Leeds arriving at 19:09, but I reckon that's a bit too tight for comfort.

Looking at flights for Birmingham at home on Oct 19th, has anyone ever managed to make the 8pm flight from Manchester to Dublin?

There's a 17:40 train from Leeds arriving at 19:09, but I reckon that's a bit too tight for comfort.

I actually did that a few years ago. Knew it was tight, but made it. Keep an eye on time, you'll likely get to see full match barring mad injury time being played.

Missing easy chances again really won't ease the nerves. Hernandez and Harrison missed excellent opportunities

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Anyone give a sense of how this is going? I'm in work and following live text on the BBC and on that basis alone, this seems as if it could go either way?

Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie Eddie

Anyone give a sense of how this is going? I'm in work and following live text on the BBC and on that basis alone, this seems as if it could go either way?

It was like that, but a lovely free kick from Phillips and he put it away

Now Klich from the spot

• Advertisement

Happy Pablo didn't make a big deal of giving that pen to klich , quick word from Cooper and klich slots away cool as you like

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Good performance but you would have to say that Barnsley could have sneaked one just as easily before we scored. First half was very even in terms of chances. I missed some of the second half but from what I saw we dominated more than we did in the first.
    Dallas was very good once again, Ayling will struggle to get back into the team while Dallas is showing this form. Phillips was mixed - some excellent defensive work but a few poor passes took the shine off his performance. However some of his free deliveries were superb - what a cross for the opening goal! Bamford played really well up front and was unlucky not to get a goal. His attitude this season seems much better and he does work very hard for the team. Shackleton was very impressive in midfield, especially going forward but at times midfield did look wide open so I wonder if it would have been the same with Forshaw in there.
    Back to the top of the table again, let's hope we can push on now and stay up there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Have to be quick off the mark these days. Going with the young lad this time and got N7 after a 30 minute wait at 9 AM.

Will be watching the Ireland vs Scotland rugby game in The Box, Infirmary Street if either of you are staying over and looking for somewhere open. Took a while to find somewhere but they're opening at 8.30, serving drink from 9 and food from 10. Loads of screens. Very early start tho!!

I'll see how the head is on Sunday :pac:

Can't wait for the game now. I'm hoping to see Costa given a start.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

So lunchime tommoow against Derby. Should be comfortable enough but that's what we said last time. They are poor defensively but good on attack so we need to keep them in their own half. Revenge awaits.

• Advertisement

Same team as vs Barnsley. Hopefully get a comfortable win

So dominant, and 1 up to some comedic defending

Klich being too clever by half with the penalty. Hope it doesn't cost us.

Leeds messing now at the back. Against a better team we would be vulnerable now.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Jesus Christ this club

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Shocking. So many chances missed.

Was I right or what? 1:1. Fcuks sake. 80% possession and this.

That's why wont get promoted

Could see Bamford being benched for Charlton now. Bielsa was fuming after that attempted lob in the first half

Yeah. Couldn't score in a brothel, our Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Bamford is definitely playing better than last year but Its time for a better finisher. Harrison needs to be benched too. I admire the loyalty shown but its time to mix it up.

Personally I’d start the two together. Bamfords pressing has been brilliant this year but we still need Eddies clinical finishing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Ahh Jesus that was poor, The game a few weeks ago against Swansea was different as Swansea are a good team and had a solid plan.
    Derby didn’t do anything or try anything, very disappointing result, definitely need two up top, this is clearly too hit and miss at the moment

Frustratingly this has failed promotion bid written all over it again. The only relief is that other results went the right way today. So wasteful and the penalty miss was shocking. Pablo has been out of sorts, Harrison is up and down and I'd wonder if Bamford has the continued right to be the starting 9. Three games in 10 days seems like the right time to give some others a chance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

Sack the manager!

• Advertisement

Ugghhhhhhh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

is_that_so wrote: »
    Frustratingly this has failed promotion bid written all over it again. The only relief is that other results went the right way today. So wasteful and the penalty miss was shocking. Pablo has been out of sorts, Harrison is up and down and I'd wonder if Bamford has the continued right to be the starting 9. Three games in 10 days seems like the right time to give some others a chance.

dude, we're still top of the league. But I would be starting Eddie and Helder. We'd hopefully score more and earlier, and it would give Bam and Harrison extra incentive to perform when they get back in.

Pablo was a bit quiet today again.

davedanon wrote: »
    dude, we're still top of the league. But I would be starting Eddie and Helder. We'd hopefully score more and earlier, and it would give Bam and Harrison extra incentive to perform when they get back in.

Pablo was a bit quiet today again.
    Oh that's always a good thing!:D It's that shot ratio that is the real danger to everything again. Yeah, I think some people should be swapped in sooner. I also think Pablo needs to be minded. He's still got some great games in him but I'm not sure playing him every time is wise.

Derby had 1 shot on target in the whole game. Yet there was something weirdly inevitable about Chris Martin's shot going in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

The blind loyalty to Bamford is so frustrating. He simply is not good enough and can it be relied on. You just knew the equaliser was coming. Dows anyone know how Clarke is doing in the u21’s?

Could've predicted a 1 all at ht

The blind loyalty to Bamford is so frustrating. He simply is not good enough and can it be relied on. You just knew the equaliser was coming. Dows anyone know how Clarke is doing in the u21’s?

His finishing is frustrating and that can't be tolerated forever, but Bamford did everything else well...his movement and link up play and pressing. Probably why he's still starting...not his fault Klich missed the penalty he'd won. That goes in and it's a completely different day obviously.

The crowd is still on Bamford's side because of his efforts, would read more into that than twitter etc.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,342 ✭✭✭gstack166

Shout out to the Dublin supporters club (not a Leeds fan myself) but respect to the huge numbers I see on the Manchester flights when City & Leeds are gone on the same match days.

Lot of the same faces all the time too. Great to see!

When Klich missed that penalty I nearly ripped the telly off the wall. Knew Derby would come back and possibly win the match after that.

Said it before but Bamford is simply not good enough, his goal to chance ratio is shocking. People keep talking about his off the ball movement and work rate, simple fact of the matter is he is not scoring enough goals - he should have have at least one on Saturday, possibly two.

The stats (which were obviously dominated by Leeds) mean nothing if we cannot convert chances and score goals. Keep going like this and we will not get promoted.

Bielsa needs to change things, start Eddie and Costa against Charlton.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

His finishing is frustrating and that can't be tolerated forever, but Bamford did everything else well...his movement and link up play and pressing. Probably why he's still starting...not his fault Klich missed the penalty he'd won. That goes in and it's a completely different day obviously.

The crowd is still on Bamford's side because of his efforts, would read more into that than twitter etc.

But effort is not good enough. You can't say your striker had a good game when they miss countless chances. He did not have a good game. It's his job to put the ball in the net and he's not doing it, he's not good enough. If we continue with Bamford we're going to see more games where we dominate and don't score.

The same problems we suffered from last season are still there.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement