Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

The only chance I thought Bamford should have done better in was the attempted lob near the end of the first half. His service was shocking otherwise, Harrison for all his hard work has absolutely no end product and his delivery was piss poor, Bamford had some half chances at best again. For all our possession we didn't create that many good chances.

Really want to see Costa in for Harrison against Charlton.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

maximoose wrote: »
    The only chance I thought Bamford should have done better in was the attempted lob near the end of the first half. His service was shocking otherwise, Harrison for all his hard work has absolutely no end product and his delivery was piss poor, Bamford had some half chances at best again. For all our possession we didn't create that many good chances.

Really want to see Costa in for Harrison against Charlton.

The one where he hit the post from one yard out on his stronger foot was very poor. Should easily be putting them away.

Just after watching the quest highlights. He should have scored there I agree.

One thing I can't seem to find a replay of, at the every end Costa was brought down in the area after a 1-2 with Nketiah and it looked a stonewaller from where I was sitting.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kingp35 wrote: »
    The one where he hit the post from one yard out on his stronger foot was very poor. Should easily be putting them away.
    Bamford is very much a streak player. He can bang them in for fun and then just dry up, sometimes for a while. That's now three in a row he hasn't been on the scoresheet and 5/8 league games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Look at the attachment - if Bielsa is look at stats then he needs to start Eddie next game.

• Advertisement

I don't think anyone could suggest Bielsa doesn't analyse the stats.

An interesting one is that pretty much all goals conceded come when Bamford is not on the pitch, which might say something about retaining possession up front rather than seeing it come back quicker. Or it might say nothing at all. Again, I completely trust that if we all gave up our jobs and spent all our time analysing the effects of decisions and the system, we still wouldn't come near how much Bielsa puts into all of this.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Just after watching the quest highlights. He should have scored there I agree.

One thing I can't seem to find a replay of, at the every end Costa was brought down in the area after a 1-2 with Nketiah and it looked a stonewaller from where I was sitting.

Nope wasn't a pen , defender did nothing wrong in fairness

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

No wide players get any credit from Saturday. Costa didn't look comfortable on the right when switched and the amount of Harrison crosses that hit the first defender was ridiculous. Pablo anonymous. Very frustrating. Hopefully Bielsa mixes things up a bit or Forshaw makes a huge difference.

That central midfielder role was bothering me actually. Whether it's Forshaw or Shack, neither are ever in a shooting position. That's really the #10 spot and should be contributing 10-15 goals a season. Both are playing well and I'm sure it is why the defence is so good and possession stats are so high, just never any goal threat at all.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

FIFA awards tonight. Bielsa won the Fair Play award for letting Villa score after they whinged about our goal. Pontus was never going to win it after he tried to tackle their player as he headed towards the goal. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I just saw this, absolutely fantastic, bucketman ������

https://youtu.be/MKBskQosXw0

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

I am heading over for the WBA game next tuesday. Will be staying over obviously and would like to go for a few pints before/after... where would ppl recommend that would have a good fan vibe without being too nuts.. ?

I am heading over for the WBA game next tuesday. Will be staying over obviously and would like to go for a few pints before/after... where would ppl recommend that would have a good fan vibe without being too nuts.. ?

Peacock near stadium and The Box in city centre. Hope you're a lucky mascot!!

So if we win 4-0, I will have to tell my better half. "It was me. Now I have to go to ALL the home games." Cue dog house!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

So if we win 4-0, I will have to tell my better half. "It was me. Now I have to go to ALL the home games." Cue dog house!

I always book the flights before bringing it up with herself.

"Something on that weekend? Well I've already booked the flights to Leeds...."

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Scarborough near the Train Station for the more mature gent :-)

For nosebag, Reds Barbeque is the business,if that's what you,re into.

Tickets for Birmingham game on sale next Monday - one per gold member as usual. Should be good, centenary game. Time to break out the scarf!

Missed the announcement last week, but Sky didn't select the QPR and Blackburn home games in early November.

Now waiting for the next announcement before 4 October on matches up to 7 December, including Boro at home and Huddersfield away. Definitely expect the latter to be selected.

Hoping to go to the Boro game on the 30th Nov - flights booked, got them for a song.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭gwalk

Good article on The Athletic by Phil Hay about Beilsa's backroom team,

one of whom, Diego Flores, played for Kingswood Castle FC in Tallaght

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Pablo our with a knock for Saturday. Costa to start in his place. Excited to see what he’s like with 90mins.

Pablo our with a knock for Saturday. Costa to start in his place. Excited to see what he’s like with 90mins.

Forshaw also available. Wonder will he stick with Shacks. I like Shackleton, but I thought we missed Forshaw last weekend.

Hope to see Tyler Roberts coming off the bench this w/e also.

• Advertisement

Me too... Hopefully Bamford is dropped for Nketiah also. But having said that, knowing my predictions, Bamford will play and score a hat trick.

Shackleton started brightly on Sat but was largely anonymous. Granted he wasn't alone, so were most of the team in the second half. Still can't figure out what the gameplan was meant to be there.

I'm not a fan of the newly invented Derby rivalry but I can't deny there was a little bit of schadenfreude reading this today: Derby captain Richard Keogh out for season after suffering knee injury in Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence drink-driving crash. Idiots.

Shackleton started brightly on Sat but was largely anonymous. Granted he wasn't alone, so were most of the team in the second half. Still can't figure out what the gameplan was meant to be there.

I'm not a fan of the newly invented Derby rivalry but I can't deny there was a little bit of schadenfreude reading this today: Derby captain Richard Keogh out for season after suffering knee injury in Mason Bennett and Tom Lawrence drink-driving crash. Idiots.

What a bunch of idiots... Paid a fortune and then go and do that, Derby fans must be disgusted.

I'm not a fan of the newly invented Derby rivalry...

The Leeds Derby Forest thing surely goes back to the mid 1970s when Derby was a rival for titles and then Clough moved between the 3. And then you had the Nottingham miners refusing the join the pickets a decade later in contrast with the battles in Yorkshire, and a Wakefield miner killed at a picket line in Nottingham etc.

I like the rivalry. Sure it's not as intense as the Leeds ManU one, but let's face it, it's not like that's been an issue for a long time now. And the Cardiff and Milwall ones just seem so contrived.

Seems to be a muscular thing. No bad thing he has to rest as I'm not sure he can do a full season, equally excited about Costa.

It's certainly being hyped up though to more than it is lately, mostly by Sky and Derby themselves!

I'm excited to see Costa given a full run out, Pablo has been sloppy lately. For all his faults I'm happy to keep Bamford up top though.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭Fawk Nin

Looking forward to seeing Costa start. He didn't do much when he came on against Derby but it can be tough at times when the team is already waning.

Hernandez could possibly do with the rest even without the injury. At 34 we can't be expecting him to put in 90 mins every match.

Happy for Bamford still to start, just hope for his sake he gets an early goal and everyone (including him) can calm down.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not great from an Irish perspective especially considering Duffs injury, not really getting any pleasure from it.
    I hate passing judgement on people and situations since we only ever get fed snippets from media and such but my god this seems to be just absolutely ridiculous from these lads, no need for it, going on the lash is grand but to drive is just inexcusable.
    Derby could be within their rights not to pay Keogh while he is injured

Keyzer wrote: »
    Hoping to go to the Boro game on the 30th Nov - flights booked, got them for a song.

Is this game safe now? Sky seem to have selected their games for that weekend.

• Advertisement

Is this game safe now? Sky seem to have selected their games for that weekend.

Not sure to be honest - hopefully.

Charlton 1-0. Leeds 72% possession 19/3 in shots - just not good enough.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Same old story.

Costa didn’t make much of a difference to be honest over Pablo. Neither striker had many chances.

Teams know at this point that we struggle to score from crosses in and are willing to let us keep whipping them in.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Same old story. All the ball, all the territory and can't score. Poor loss.

It's exactly the same as last season.

From a tweet

Build up play - Premier League level

Decision making - League One level

Shooting - Conference level

Never getting out of this f*cking league are we?!

• Advertisement

Want to head over to the QPR game, and flights are an OK price at the moment. However I've no idea when match tickets for gold members are likely to go on sale. Is it worth booking the flights now, or should I wait until I'm sure I've secured match tickets? What do other people do when you're heading over? Don't want to end up with flights and no tickets.

Zaph wrote: »
    Want to head over to the QPR game, and flights are an OK price at the moment. However I've no idea when match tickets for gold members are likely to go on sale. Is it worth booking the flights now, or should I wait until I'm sure I've secured match tickets? What do other people do when you're heading over? Don't want to end up with flights and no tickets.

Birmingham 19/10 on sale tomorrow , so 3 wteeeks beforehand seems to be the norm , doubt you'll have issues getting tickets , a good few gold members on here alone

I'm OK for tickets as long as they're available as I know another member who I have on my friends and family. I suppose my real concern is booking flights and then there being no tickets available.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Wilkinson got it right in April. They want to play like City but they don't have the tools to unlock the box. They don't have Aguero or De Bruyne.

Simply put, teams have copped on to Leeds tactics. They park the bus, defend for their lives and then sneak a winner/equaliser.

Its utterly pointless in playing this way, something needs to change. Yes, its impressive to watch Leeds utterly dominate other teams but it means nothing if they don't get something out of the game.

I'm not going to go after Bamford again (i still don't think he's good enough though) because there was little the strikers had to work with in terms of final product from build up play.

Me thinks Bielsa and his back room team need to start looking at their tactical choices.

• Advertisement

one name has slipped under the radar that i believe was the keystone to this team and system.

Saiz......

Get that type of player and we'll bounce off everyone in this league.

First game that I think we've deserved to lose, we were very poor at creating chances against a stubborn defence. Fair play to Charlton, we need a kick up the arse.

West Brom is going to be tricky tomorrow.

West Brom is going to be tricky tomorrow.

Never a truer word spoken - is it on the box?

Yep, on Sky Sports Football!

one name has slipped under the radar that i believe was the keystone to this team and system.

Saiz......

Get that type of player and we'll bounce off everyone in this league.

I would have thought Pablo would fill that role nicely and Costa replace him out wide. He hasn't been looked good there when moved in though. Could still work and surely out of Harrison/Clarke/Costa/Alioski/Dallas we can get two wingers that can create real chances. Hopefully something just clicks or else at the next international break Bielsa can try a few things in training. Also Roberts has had a few good games at 10 so could get a shot at it.

I'm not sure teams have figured out Leeds and the tactics must change.

Parking the bus is a recognition that Leads are an extremely good side in this division. That's by and large with players who looked midtable standard before last season. If anything I think the team is playing better than last season, but just not having the luck of late late winners.

I'm not sure teams have figured out Leeds and the tactics must change.

Parking the bus is a recognition that Leads are an extremely good side in this division. That's by and large with players who looked midtable standard before last season. If anything I think the team is playing better than last season, but just not having the luck of late late winners.
    The bus parking plan assumes that it will work and that a team has the skill to score on the counter. Getting even one of those chances to go in forces teams out to play. Over 50 chances and only 3 goals in 3 games in September is a very very poor return.

Birmingham tickets are absolutely flying out the door! Any gold members that haven't bought yet would want to move quickly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Opponents have realised that if you are patient and allow Leeds over-elaborate every attack, we will eventually give the ball away

Can the club just have a normal week or two?!

The FA are investigating an alleged racial discrimination incident on Saturday involving Kiko and Jonathan Leko.

Wonder if he'll be dropped tonight as a result.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement