Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Would you Adam and Eve it, Wood will be trying to score against us sooner than I thought,
    Away to Burnley in the 3rd round

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭Trend Setter in Training

tfer wrote: »
    Would you Adam and Eve it, Wood will be trying to score against us sooner than I thought,

Never going to be anyone else in that draw!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I never really noticed it last year but Monk is extremely active on twitter these days. Was he like that when at Leeds? TBH I think it makes him look like a bit of a twat. Are there other managers out there who tweet after every match?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

tfer wrote: »

He can try,but Pontus will smash him...what 15 million plus add ons gets you these days

https://twitter.com/monstamunch88/status/900466583927128064/video/1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,047 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I never really noticed it last year but Monk is extremely active on twitter these days. Was he like that when at Leeds? TBH I think it makes him look like a bit of a twat. Are there other managers out there who tweet after every match?

I did follow him last year. Nothing really stood out for me. Had a comment after every match played.

• Advertisement

iseegirls wrote: »
    I did follow him last year. Nothing really stood out for me. Had a comment after every match played.

Seems like a really pointless exercise, not sure why he does it other than to massage his ego.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Seems like a really pointless exercise, not sure why he does it other than to massage his ego.

Last year I assumed it was someone on the LUFC staff doing it for him. Think players are the same. Some do it themselves (Pontus!), others are happy to have the club feed them lines to put out after the games.

FWIW Monk was getting 2-3 times as many 'likes' from the Leeds fans for those after-game messages than he gets for the Boro ones now.

FWIW Monk was getting 2-3 times as many 'likes' from the Leeds fans for those after-game messages than he gets for the Boro ones now.

Ah sure it was alright when he was a Leeds manager! :P

His tweet the last night though "Very pleasing performance with a lot of positives tonight. Our display showed how the whole squad understands what we need from them" - talk about patting yourself on the back!

New signing announced at 11.00

200.gif

Looks like an XXXL jersey in the teaser pic.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Jay-Roy Grot signing confirmed.

Seems like a big lad alright, here's hoping he has the physicality to make use of it too!

Seems like a big lad alright, here's hoping he has the physicality to make use of it too!

Great feet for a big man etc etc

https://www.youtube.com/embed/ypCn-yf9iE4

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Ceist_Beag wrote:

Enoch MkII?

Malik Wilks signs extension and goes on loan to Accrington til January.

Diagouraga having his contract terminated by tomorrow.

Clearing out the decks! Don't think there's any dead wood hanging around for the first time in a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Shlippery wrote: »

I dunno, I always think Dallas is a bit ponderous.

Shlippery wrote:
    Norwich eyeing up Dallas though, wouldn't be happy with that.

I wonder if Dallas is in the same situation as Wood was - having an extended deal on the table but not taking it. It's strange that we'd let his contract run down given the way so many others have extended theirs.

So my personal opinion is that he'll be gone by next week. We should make a decent profit on him but we will lose a reasonably vital player who can grab vital goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Shlippery wrote: »

Looks like this maybe connected with our interest in Oliveira, good old fashioned horse trading

Big game today. No matter how well or badly clubs are doing, when scanning the fixture list the first I look for are games with Forest, Wednesday and Derby.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Jaysus. What the hell is going on!!

Just how did Alioski track down Dolph Lundgren's barber?

Have a feeling this season could be the omnishambles. Still can't really recall the name of the manager, though he's not a manager, and dunno any of the new signings. Yeah, there is the 5% chance that it might all click, and the Championship is a weird division where the Notts Forests and Blackburns struggle while the Bournemouths sail through...but even by my pessimistic standards this could be a bad one.

Well...I now know Alioski anyway!

Well...I now know Alioski anyway!

Really impressed with him and Saiz. Saiz's work rate has been immense.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Can I get excited yet. :)

Can I get excited yet. :)

Don't you dare!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Zaph wrote: »
    Don't you dare!

Ah poo :(;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

That was very enjoyable to watch.

Very classy performance from Leeds.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

The new lads have been great so far, hopefully we can add another piece before the window closes. Green is going to Huddersfield during the week by all accounts.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

The best performance I've seen in years

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I reiterate.
    Jaysus. What the hell is going on!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

So Green has gone to Huddersfield, good luck to him he was very good for us last season and we have Lonergan back on a free transfer
    Well done to wood scoring on his debut, hope he does well

Lovely finish by Wood

Never liked him anyway

:'-(

The best performance I've seen in years

Steady...steady...just remember how good Leeds looked in December last year, around the time they crushed Derby.

But while I'd still be cautious, happy to say my confident predictions of an awful season are wide of the mark so far. It's been an excellent start. For such an unsettled summer, the side is looking very comfortable. And particularly so at the back, where it's now automatic "Wiedwald, Ayling, Cooper, Jansson, Anita..."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Steady...steady...just remember how good Leeds looked in December last year, around the time they crushed Derby.

But while I'd still be cautious, happy to say my confident predictions of an awful season are wide of the mark so far. It's been an excellent start. For such an unsettled summer, the side is looking very comfortable. And particularly so at the back, where it's now automatic "Wiedwald, Ayling, Cooper, Jansson, Anita..."

It's not the results, it's the composure and self belief. One or two additions and I think we can do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

It's not the results, it's the composure and self belief. One or two additions and I think we can do it

Please do not talk like that. :(

Still way too early in the season to be getting our hopes up. Certainly it's a positive start and as Conor said, it's pleasantly surprising to see a completely new back 5 looking so settled so quickly. However as we know this division is a slog and there will be a number of obstacles to overcome no doubt.
    I would still like to see one more centre half and ideally another striker coming in before the end of the window and there are a number of positions where we're crossing our fingers (for example Wiedwald has yet to be proven, we're hoping Roofe and/or Grot can replace the goals from Wood) but we definitely look better at this stage than we did at the same point last year.

Wiedwalds kickouts are particularly poor on distance and accuracy - we look as tho we may get a mental block at home if we don't get a win in the league soon, and that will cost us ultimately a run for promotion.

I feel better already :o

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I've been reading that Leeds are linked with Dwight Gayle with Newcastle looking for 18 million. God knows how reliable that is, but we have the money and I can't think of a better realistic option.

blaa85 wrote: »
    I've been reading that Leeds are linked with Dwight Gayle with Newcastle looking for 18 million. God knows how reliable that is, but we have the money and I can't think of a better realistic option.

Lee Sobot believes there's no intention of looking to Gayle, Ings or Wells - Lasogga is over to discuss a possible deal, but his current wages will be a huge stumbling block

• Advertisement

Phil Hay reporting that a season long loan deal is done for Lasogga which I would imagine involves Hamburg paying a percentage of his wages. If so that looks like good business.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

Phil Hay reporting that a season long loan deal is done for Lasogga which I would imagine involves Hamburg paying a percentage of his wages. If so that looks like good business.

According to BILD we are covering 50% of his salary, so Leeds are paying him €1.75m for the season with no buy option.
    The only reason he gets so much crap in Hamburg is because of his salary, but he didn't ask to be handed such a contract, him mum did! It's the club's fault for agreeing to such a crazy contract. In the right surroundings he can score 10 or 15.

As long as Leeds don't ask him to do too much he can be successful there. He hasn't got much pace. He's purely a finisher. Surround him with players who can create chances and he'll score. The one season we managed to do that (13/14) he had Calhanoglu & van der Vaart playing behind him and he scored 13 in 20 games. Since then we have had serious creative problems and he hasn't been effective. He has a terrible habit of drifting to the wings that he needs to kick because he's useless when he picks the ball up out there. You want him in the box getting on the end of a cross.

I'd love to see him do well. There will be plenty of interest in Leeds games this season to see how he does. Good luck :)

He has his own song too which is way better than the Mario Gomez one.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J4DaxB3C0j0

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

1s4BlbB.png

https://twitter.com/HSV_English
    Hamburgers have broke the news anyways!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Tweets deleted overnight apparently, deal not done yet as wages not sorted. We may get them to pay 75% which would be great.

Stuart Dallas given new 3 year contract. Happy with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Stuart Dallas given new 3 year contract. Happy with that.

Yeah, good decision that. Think he's been involved in all our games so far this season. Took that header well last week and looked dangerous against forest when he came in.

Good stuff, have been critical of him before but he is a solid player at this level

And we're no longer a feeder club for fcuking Norwich :pac:

Of course you know he'll just revert to his old failings again now that he has secured a good contract ... footballers eh! :P

This is certainly shaping up to be our best chance to get out of this league, if the early indications of our form are anything to go by.

Pawel Cibicki confirmed on a 4 year deal from Malmo. Only other outstanding business seems to be if a deal can be done for Lassoga today. Nice to get some attacking players in, but I would have also liked one more defender just to give a bit more cover at the back in case of injuries or Pontus' inevitable suspensions.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement