Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I said it at the time, I think he's hugely overrated. Can't see him featuring at all for us this season.

Never came back from the Ebola virus he picked up against Boro....

Was flying until then

Here we go again ...miss chance after chance and get done on the counter.

Why did we sign eddie?

Its preston ffs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Here we go again ...miss chance after chance and get done on the counter.

Why did we sign eddie?

Its preston ffs

That's why :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Doesn't anyone know how to hit the target and say score? Thank God for Eddie. 22/3 in shots and one of those came from Eddie!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Can't defend Bamford any longer, in a rut and Eddie has to start.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Bielsa has to start Eddie next couple of games. Get a goal early and then bring Bamford on for last 25 mins to hound the other team up field and force them into mistakes

Can't defend Bamford any longer, in a rut and Eddie has to start.
    He's not the only one misfiring, Costa does not look like £15m and Harrison is back to fancy footwork. I like Alioski and he's a great scrapper but he needs a baker's dozen of chances to score. Eddie and Roberts would be two to start with at this point.

It'll be unchanged on Saturday and we know it ha

Should be hopping off PNE , hate to say it but tonight is the first time Bielsa annoyed me with the lack of subs , still love the man though

It'll be unchanged on Saturday and we know it ha

Should be hopping off PNE , hate to say it but tonight is the first time Bielsa annoyed me with the lack of subs , still love the man though

In fairness Preston going well, so not overly disappointed with the result.

It is that stage that eddie has to start though. I wouldn't say over bamford though, play both as can see it working. It'll be very annoying now on Saturday when an unchanged lineup is announced.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

He really doesn't like playing two strikers. Definitely agree that Eddie needs to start, though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I think we will see Eddie this weekend from the start.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Bamford hasn't scored in his last 8 games. At what point do you decide that your main striker isn't playing well and you need a Plan B? Going over to the QPR game on Saturday week and I really hope that Eddie is starting by then.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Zaph wrote: »
    Bamford hasn't scored in his last 8 games. At what point do you decide that your main striker isn't playing well and you need a Plan B? Going over to the QPR game on Saturday week and I really hope that Eddie is starting by then.

Couldn't agree more - Bamford is simpy not good enough, not what we need. He either doesn't want to be there or isn't the right man for the system. Dominating matches is great but doesn't mean anything unless we get a result.

We need seasoned, consistent goal scorer (Dwight Gayle !!!) to bang in goals. We will not get out of this league unless we score goals. And lots of them.

Last ten results, we've scored 11 goals - that's crap.

Eddie needs to start from here on in, Bamford on the bench. Sign Dwight Gayle in January.

is_that_so wrote: »
    He's not the only one misfiring, Costa does not look like £15m and Harrison is back to fancy footwork. I like Alioski and he's a great scrapper but he needs a baker's dozen of chances to score. Eddie and Roberts would be two to start with at this point.

I hope Costa just needs a bit more time to settle in (I know, I'm very forgiving). Are we locked into that transfer though? Did Wolves have our pants down twice including Douglas :pac:

Harrison is frustrating, but at least he's been chipping in with a few assists in the last few games.

I hope Costa just needs a bit more time to settle in (I know, I'm very forgiving). Are we locked into that transfer though? Did Wolves have our pants down twice including Douglas :pac:

Harrison is frustrating, but at least he's been chipping in with a few assists in the last few games.

Locked into the deal. Costa's main problem is that the pressing game leaves so little space he can't dribble at speed. That and the bus parking more and more teams seem to be using. I think he will come good once he figures out how to adjust to this. As for Harrison maybe Roberts can get a run out ahead of him? Roberts has been pretty good in his cameos so far. I also reckon the 2 striker conundrum can be solved or at least tested by playing Bamford as a 10 to Eddie's 9. Probably far too radical an idea for Bielsa, though!

Well, in his (weak) defence his track record is streaky. When he's cold he couldn't hit the side of an aircraft carrier, but when he's hot , he'll get what a good midfielder should tally in a season. He doesn't look like a 20+ striker.

We are so far ahead of these but just missing the goals , its so frustrating :(

Westwood and kiko exchanging saves of the season nominations at the end there , flashbacks of Westwood having the game of his life at elland road for carlisle all those years ago

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Leeds are so poor in defence. Always vulnerable.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I think we will see Eddie this weekend from the start.

of the second half :)

Probably the fairest result, given the weather and effort.

• Advertisement

Leeds are so poor in defence. Always vulnerable.

Our 8 goals conceded are the fewest of any team in the league.

QED.

AND we kept a clean sheet today, ffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

The system can't afford passengers. Harrison, Alioski and Dallas were poor today. I'd keep Dallas in the team but the other 2 need to be benched for a while

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

davedanon wrote: »
    Our 8 goals conceded are the fewest of any team in the league.

QED.
    Casilla got us out of jail yesterday. They were all over us in the second half. Our defenders were clearing to Wednesday strikers all of the second half. Frustrating.

davedanon wrote: »
    AND we kept a clean sheet today, ffs.
    I think the defence in general have performed well enough but it's when they let in one goal and rest don't deliver is where things go sideways. That still remains the main issue.

Casilla got us out of jail yesterday. They were all over us in the second half. Our defenders were clearing to Wednesday strikers all of the second half. Frustrating.
    He's been a lot calmer this season and more like what was advertised when he arrived. Class keeper when he's got it together.

the keeper is part of the defence, ffs. And the point still stands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Just got my gold membership in the post today - quite a decent bit of centenary merch in it!

Scarf, MOT singing bottle opener, car sticker, metal key ring, pin, tercentenary pen and the membership card in a nice lil package!

Shlippery wrote: »
    Just got my gold membership in the post today - quite a decent bit of centenary merch in it!

Scarf, MOT singing bottle opener, car sticker, metal key ring, pin, tercentenary pen and the membership card in a nice lil package!

Yeah, it's pretty decent, wasn't expecting all that stuff. The bottle opener is hilarious for the first use or two, but it's bloody loud, so the novelty wears off pretty quickly. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Going over to the QPR game on Saturday. I'm guessing the shuttle bus from the city centre is the best way to get to the ground?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Going over to the QPR game on Saturday. I'm guessing the shuttle bus from the city centre is the best way to get to the ground?

Yup. And if/when it hits traffic just ask driver to open the doors and wander in - weather permitting! Enjoy the Eddie hat trick!

Well I'd never wish a player to be injured, but I'm hoping that Bamford's knock is just enough to keep him out and allow Eddie to start. I'd love to see how he performs over a full 90 minutes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Weather allowing, you'd be the same amount of time walking to the stadium - traffic before the match is very heavy.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Keyzer wrote: »
    Weather allowing, you'd be the same amount of time walking to the stadium - traffic before the match is very heavy.

Agreed, if the weather is good walking is good. Taxi is less than a tenner too.

Never got the bus, is that the one that goes from the side street opposite the Hilton ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I always walk out and back. A nice decent 30 min semi brisk walk will do it. Certainly a hell of a lot quicker getting back.

It's pretty straight forward - under the bridge at the station, out past the Hilton, then out past the Clayton, then pretty much straight out from there (walk through a park)

Yep I find the bus is grand on the way out, but can be very slow getting on a return bus. It is only 3 quid though if you're not in a rush.

The walk back is great for being amongst the various post-match analyses in that beautiful Yorkshire twang.

Great stuff, thanks for that lads.

Those strips are very similar..

2-0 - 3 points, excellent work by Roberts and Harrison!

• Advertisement

Great win ....not looking forward to losing kiko if these racism rumors are true , He's been super this season

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Unconvincing, yet the best defensive record in the league. Hard to reconcile the two. Any team can concede a jammy goal and when that happens, it's hard to see 2-3 goals in us to win a game

Very good win, hopefully pick up a few in a row just to make it comfortable now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Delighted for Harrison, I expected him to push on this year and he has done so, he can be a little frustrating and sloppy at times but has excellent work rate, he seems to have really endeared himself to Beilsa and Leeds
    Roberts too, inconsistent but is creative, what we need sometimes

Great win ....not looking forward to losing kiko if these racism rumors are true , He's been super this season

Kiko charged :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Kiko charged :(

Club standing by Kiko as he denies it all. They must be fairly confident in him but can't see the FA/EFL letting this one slide. If clearly proven that he used the worst language then he should be sacked really. Can't see any language barrier excuses that get around that.

Will be a test if banned, but interesting to see Meslier too. He has looked good for the U23s with the same sweeper-keeper style Kiko does.

If clearly proven that he used the worst language then he should be sacked really. Can't see any language barrier excuses that get around that.

Fully agree, there are things that are more important than clean sheets. If he did it, he should be dumped.

Cant see him getting sacked to be honest (unless he didn't wear his seat-belt on the team bus home), don't think he should be either even if he is guilty, Heat of the moment is a strange place and things get said.

Club standing by Kiko as he denies it all. They must be fairly confident in him but can't see the FA/EFL letting this one slide. If clearly proven that he used the worst language then he should be sacked really. Can't see any language barrier excuses that get around that.

Will be a test if banned, but interesting to see Meslier too. He has looked good for the U23s with the same sweeper-keeper style Kiko does.
    Language barrier does come into it. Spanish is very casual with certain types of expressions that nobody bats an eyelid at but there are enough of them around the club to be able to steer players away from them. I'd still expect the worst on it regardless. Not in the "they've got it in for us" camp but punishments seem to veer towards the very harsh end when it comes to Leeds.

Cant see him getting sacked to be honest (unless he didn't wear his seat-belt on the team bus home), don't think he should be either even if he is guilty, Heat of the moment is a strange place and things get said.
    It seems to be a he said, he said scenario and a lengthy ban is more likely.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement