Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Fully agree, there are things that are more important than clean sheets. If he did it, he should be dumped.

I understand but disagree, they are only words at the end of the day, not a great sign of a person but if spoken in the heat of the moment then there needs to be an element of forgiveness and objectivity, plus education.
    If we find out he is a closeted nazi with a shrine to Hitler then maybe sack him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

I understand but disagree, they are only words at the end of the day, not a great sign of a person but if spoken in the heat of the moment then there needs to be an element of forgiveness and objectivity, plus education.
    If we find out he is a closeted nazi with a shrine to Hitler then maybe sack him.

I think it comes down to the exact words used and being sure of what he said. Probably never be certain with lip readers etc used. If it was 'negro' as in black in Spanish (which I saw suggested on Facebook somewhere) then no badness in it I think. Why he'd be speaking Spanish to our defence is beyond me tho!! I saw the other N word suggested a week ago which would be an out the door offence. The joys of social media speculation.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

I think it comes down to the exact words used and being sure of what he said. Probably never be certain with lip readers etc used. If it was 'negro' as in black in Spanish (which I saw suggested on Facebook somewhere) then no badness in it I think. Why he'd be speaking Spanish to our defence is beyond me tho!! I saw the other N word suggested a week ago which would be an out the door offence. The joys of social media speculation.
    He's Spanish? Not unusual to slip into the mother tongue when you're annoyed, especially if your English is not top notch. Negro in Spanish is not hugely offensive, any more than rubio/rubia(blondie). They are more like descriptions. It's also not uncommon for people to say a word like guapo/guapa (handsome/beautiful) as casually as they would say hello. That's not to say it's a rude language but in the vernacular it can be very earthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

He won't be sacked, the club seem to be supporting him going by the wording of the statement...why include the bolded text if they were going to sack him.
    Leeds United Football Club acknowledges the charge from the FA today relating to Kiko Casilla and an alleged breach of FA Rule E3 during our Sky Bet Championship match with Charlton Athletic at The Valley in September.

Kiko strenuously denies the allegation and has proactively worked with the FA during their investigation to date.

The next step of this process will be a personal hearing, in the meantime Kiko will remain available for selection.

He has to respond to the charge by 12 November. Any ban might not come immediately after that, the process might drag on for another few weeks, e.g. even till January when the club might be tempted to bring in some more experienced GK cover.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Is it a he said scenario, or is there any witness'?

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

The lad who scored for Charlton alluded to it in his post-match interview, he may have witnessed it.

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »

There was a 2nd Charlton player (Bonne) called as a witness. No one apart from that it seems.

I agree that it sounds like the club are sticking by him. I don't think Marcelo would have any of it if there was doubt. Think they've spoken to Kiko and are happy with his side of it and will stick with him. Forestieri had a similar situation recently at Sheff Wednesday where the FA fined and banned him even when there's no proof. Club took it on the chin and moved on.We'll probably do same.

There was a 2nd Charlton player (Bonne) called as a witness. No one apart from that it seems.

I agree that it sounds like the club are sticking by him. I don't think Marcelo would have any of it if there was doubt. Think they've spoken to Kiko and are happy with his side of it and will stick with him. Forestieri had a similar situation recently at Sheff Wednesday where the FA fined and banned him even when there's no proof. Club took it on the chin and moved on.We'll probably do same.
    It's the nature of the charge and they are morally obliged to stand against that, regardless of evidence.

A little bit on possible QSI takeover in the French media again, nothing new really or earth-shattering, but gives a sense that discussions are ongoing in the background

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-takeover-qsi-rumours-17208611

If they (or other interested parties) could get on with it, warchest for the January transfer window wouldn't go amiss....though Bielsa will probably still argue he doesn't need anyone :D

• Advertisement

A little bit on possible QSI takeover in the French media again, nothing new really or earth-shattering, but gives a sense that discussions are ongoing in the background

https://www.leeds-live.co.uk/sport/leeds-united/leeds-united-takeover-qsi-rumours-17208611

If they (or other interested parties) could get on with it, warchest for the January transfer window wouldn't go amiss....though Bielsa will probably still argue he doesn't need anyone :D

I wonder what can be done in January with the FPP restrictions. I don't see how we can be close to breaking the limits when Helder Costa's move is only a loan until next season, but Angus Kinnear made it sound like we're spending a lot and close enough to the safe limits. Football pundits recently are saying if we go out and spend big on a striker then we're guaranteed promotion. A couple of weeks ago Dean Ashton said if Mitrovic was at Leeds we'd be up and last weekend Kevin Philips said we need a big name striker and then said Jarrod Bowen would be perfect. I'd love a name like them but wonder if it's a safe business move with them restrictions. I think if we break the rules and go up the EFL can't touch us whilst in the Premiership. Would be a very big risk to take.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I don't think anyone will happen until we get promoted. Happy to be proved wrong, though.

I wonder what can be done in January with the FPP restrictions. I don't see how we can be close to breaking the limits when Helder Costa's move is only a loan until next season, but Angus Kinnear made it sound like we're spending a lot and close enough to the safe limits. Football pundits recently are saying if we go out and spend big on a striker then we're guaranteed promotion. A couple of weeks ago Dean Ashton said if Mitrovic was at Leeds we'd be up and last weekend Kevin Philips said we need a big name striker and then said Jarrod Bowen would be perfect. I'd love a name like them but wonder if it's a safe business move with them restrictions. I think if we break the rules and go up the EFL can't touch us whilst in the Premiership. Would be a very big risk to take.

Apparently Danny Mills has been saying we should be in for Rob Green as GK cover for Kiko...

Yeah it's hard to know with FPP, if they don't want to take that risk, might have to rejig things on the loan front (e.g. Clarke going back to Spurs, perm deal for Harrison?!) to get new loanees in. There's not much fat to be trimmed from the squad, except for O'Kane and Bouy.

I think Meslier is a quality cover for Kiko unless it was for the whole season. France U20 international and had a bid of €10m for him turned down last year. That'll do for a 6-8 game patch if needed.

Also think that pundits etc don't realise that we could have the striker we need already in Eddie Nketiah. He hasn't got his chance yet but definitely has the potential to get 10-15 goals from Jan-May. Would like to see a big name 10 or striker come in to give us more options but won't be holding my breath.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Laughing here thinking back to last year's " Bielsa, he comes from Argentina " song.

Lyrics need to be changed now to

Cooper at the back ............no one in attack............Leeds are going to the Premier League

Laughing here thinking back to last year's " Bielsa, he comes from Argentina " song.

Lyrics need to be changed now to

Cooper at the back ............no one in attack............Leeds are going to the Premier League

Pablo Hernandez...
    Pablo Hernandez...
    Pablo Hernandez plays for United with...Pablo Hernandez

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

The goal machine is back in action !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Harrison too.

Bielsas trust paying off today

What a fantastic goal, amazing what a little bit of confidence does for Bamford , amazing touch to set up that goal

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

I'm a neutral but bamford looks back to his best great for Ireland and Leeds!!
    Glorious

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I see Klich signed a new 4.5 year contract today. That's great news, I was at the QPR game last week and he was one of the best players on the pitch.

In other news, Blackburn have pulled one back. :(

• Advertisement

Iam loving how we are switching the play so much, keeping Blackburn honest, we can be a bit predictable at times, refreshing to see a few ambitious passes

Do we any kind of option on Ben White, he is such quality, would love to see Leeds sign him long term

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Do we any kind of option on Ben White, he is such quality, would love to see Leeds sign him long term

No option to buy as far as I know

Berardi coming on.... buckle up folks

How we playing ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We were playing ok up to 10 minutes ago. The commentator sums it up nicely. "Leeds very edgy now" How many times have we heard that this season?

5 minutes of injury time and 2:1 Final score. We'll take it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Gladly take the win, don't care how

Good win in the end, we have played better and lost so I’ll take this no problem.

Ben Parker not exactly comfortable on TV, fairly awkward

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

EJ can be quite intimidating !!!

championc wrote: »
    EJ can be quite intimidating !!!

This is very true, I think he concentrates on not looking in the wrong direction.

What's all this about?

What's all this about?

He was doing the pre and post match stuff on Saturday on LUTV, iam not sure if he does it every week, I usually just turn it on when game starts and off again straight away when finished but was watching it on Saturday, Parker is fairly awkward in front of the camera, looked nervous but as said I would be nervous too if I was doing it with that woman, she is allllll woman, yum

So this possible takeover hasn't gone away, if anything the rumours are getting louder. Not sure about it personally.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/leeds-united/story/3992916/psg-owners-closing-in-on-leeds-united-takeover-sources

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

is_that_so wrote: »
    So this possible takeover hasn't gone away, if anything the rumours are getting louder. Not sure about it personally.

https://www.espn.co.uk/football/leeds-united/story/3992916/psg-owners-closing-in-on-leeds-united-takeover-sources

I see this as positive.

Leeds is a massive club with a huge fan base. Hopefully, we get out of the championship this season but we're going to need significant investment if were going to survive in the PL.

Now we have the potential of QSI coming in and not only buying the club but heavily investing, they have ambitions to rival Man City.

I for one would love to see this happen. We've suffered enough since dropping out of the top tier, would be great to see Leeds back where they belong.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Now we have the potential of QSI coming in and not only buying the club but heavily investing, they have ambitions to rival Man City.

I'd rather Leeds stay where they are than become some play thing for an owner that has such an appalling track record on human rights abuses. There are issues that are more important than success on the pitch. I like Man City but have little interest in their success as the project simply seems to be an exercise in sports washing and PR by an owner that should be shunned.

Feeling the pull of Elland Road again...just booked flights for Millwall match in January :cool:

Feeling the pull of Elland Road again...just booked flights for Millwall match in January :cool:

Enjoy, hopefully the beat those swines...

I'm heading over on the 30th for the Mboro match - cant wait.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I've booked the same, just waiting for sky to ruin my plans

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Another great read, this one from Sergeant Wilko here

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Another great read, this one from Sergeant Wilko here

That's a cracking read...

1:1 There seems to be an inevitability of Leeds conceding even against the weaker teams.

1:1 There seems to be an inevitability of Leeds conceding even against the weaker teams.

Disallowed never mind :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

BAMFORD.

Please let these last four minutes go well.

• Advertisement

What a result

That was touch and go but a deserved win in the end

Good to see us grind it out in the end.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Can't put my finger on it........

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Talk of a £7.5m bid for Matej Vydra in January. Seems strange to be looking to add a striker without Eddie having been given a proper chance.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement