Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Zaph wrote: »
    Talk of a £7.5m bid for Matej Vydra in January. Seems strange to be looking to add a striker without Eddie having been given a proper chance.

I would be highly skeptical of that, maybe they are realizing we need that little bit extra if we are to go up
    Absolutely loved Bamfords display today, taunting the home fans after the first goal, got to love that stuff, he gets a lot of abuse.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Lovely win, dont care how ugly it is

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Talk of a £7.5m bid for Matej Vydra in January. Seems strange to be looking to add a striker without Eddie having been given a proper chance.

Decent player but I don't think he's what we need. He's a forward but he's hardly prolific.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 975 ✭✭✭J Cheever Loophole

Great to get the victory at the weekend and great to see Paddy on the scoreboard. Will hopefully boost his confidence as we move forward.

Talking of new strikers, I see McBurnie scoring a well taken goal for the Blades yesterday. I always thought he would be a great acquisition and had hoped at one stage it might be possible, seeing he is from Leeds.

I really hope Arsenal don't recall Eddie at Christmas, given what they may perceive to be his lack of opportunities. Is there any word on when he will be back?

Heading over this Sat, can't wait.

Hopefully we thump M'Boro.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Great to get the victory at the weekend and great to see Paddy on the scoreboard. Will hopefully boost his confidence as we move forward.

Talking of new strikers, I see McBurnie scoring a well taken goal for the Blades yesterday. I always thought he would be a great acquisition and had hoped at one stage it might be possible, seeing he is from Leeds.

I really hope Arsenal don't recall Eddie at Christmas, given what they may perceive to be his lack of opportunities. Is there any word on when he will be back?

Training with the group again from this Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Buying versus loan? Eddie was about to be given a chance and he got injured. Hope he stays the season but he's not a long term Leeds player, not until the Promised Land anyway :D.

Football Insider claiming that Leeds are expecting Arsenal to recall Eddie Nketiah, which might explain the rumours about other strikers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Leeds are allowing Reading too much time on the ball. No urgency.
    Final pass dreadful too.

Nice one on the break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Get in, top of the table, I love late winners

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Great result, reading very well organised. Harrison is frustrating but you can't knock his fitness and work rate

The effort by Harrison for that goal was immense. First touch just opened the whole pitch.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Very sloppy in possession tonight
    Excellent breakaway goal
    Delighted with the win

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Grinding out the wins

Ben White is pure class

What a way to win... such a fantastic counter attacking goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Ben White was class last night, hope by some miracle we can sign him but the attention he's getting I don't think it'll happen.

Thought lastnight was Costa's first genuinely good game for us, bit of luck for the goal but he was beating his man all night and putting dangerous balls in - he won some amount of corners but we never do anything with them

4 league wins in a row for the first time since Dec 18 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I just checked, and we're 4 points better off this season than at this point last year, which surprised me a bit. Although I suppose it was the new year when the rot set in last season.

maximoose wrote: »
    Ben White was class last night, hope by some miracle we can sign him but the attention he's getting I don't think it'll happen.

Would be amazing, but not a hope I'd say. It was covered in The Athletic...the loan deal was held up for a while due to Brighton's opposition to a permanent transfer option. And in any case, he's been scouted by Liverpool and others.

Maybe there's a slight chance if we go up, but you'd imagine he'd attract a hefty transfer fee.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

davedanon wrote: »
    I just checked, and we're 4 points better off this season than at this point last year, which surprised me a bit. Although I suppose it was the new year when the rot set in last season.

We got our first win from the 7 in a row at this time last year. I was already celebrating promotion before the new year hit form in.

davedanon wrote: »

It went pear shaped at Easter. When Sheffield United stole our second spot after we screwed up a couple of matches, we just froze and our lack of confidence was being fed by a continuous negative feedback loop.
    As Dunphy would describe it, we bottled it.

I cant see it anywhere, but have January fixtures been announced? Going to try get over for a game (maybe sheffield Wednesday, at latest be Wigan game). Would these reach general sale? Sheffield Wednesday probably wouldn't I guess

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Mushy wrote: »
    I cant see it anywhere, but have January fixtures been announced? Going to try get over for a game (maybe sheffield Wednesday, at latest be Wigan game). Would these reach general sale? Sheffield Wednesday probably wouldn't I guess

TV lock-in dates are:

Selections for 11th December to 11th January by 1st November.
    Selections for 18th January to 1st February by 6th December.

Looks good for Sheff Wednesday to be a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday 11th. Not sure if the police can change it still but would think that's a long shot.

TV lock-in dates are:

Selections for 11th December to 11th January by 1st November.
    Selections for 18th January to 1st February by 6th December.

Looks good for Sheff Wednesday to be a 3pm kick-off on the Saturday 11th. Not sure if the police can change it still but would think that's a long shot.

Will hold off till next week so

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,172 ✭✭✭chicorytip

West Brom look a class above everybody else.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I wouldn't say that. West Brom haven't had a bad patch yet. We haven't had a good patch.

Get in Paddy !
    Borough looked like a bit of a shambles at the back there, let’s hope it continues

Get in Paddy !
    Borough looked like a bit of a shambles at the back there, let’s hope it continues

The sky sports app seems that hes got two headers at goal in 3 mins. That's terrible. Not for leeds though. Hopefully get another goal or 3

Bamford is playing really well, getting kicked all over the place but he has been at the heart at most of the good stuff we have done.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

4-0 Klich has just put a beauty in the top corner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Game over. 4-0 up now with a very good performance.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Don't you know pump it up......

Costa gets one and Klich a second. Lovely and comfortable, showing how it can be done

Keyzer wrote: »
    Heading over this Sat, can't wait.

Hopefully we thump M'Boro.

You sure know how to pick em

Middlesbrough looked absolutely awful, we could of had 5 or 6. Nice to have a more relaxing game for a change.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Anyone here heading to The Camden pub in Dublin next week, there will be a big meetup of Leeds fans for the Huddersfield game? Pretty decent sports bar with massive screens, Chelsea game will be relegated to downstairs!

Middlesbrough looked absolutely awful, we could of had 5 or 6. Nice to have a more relaxing game for a change.

Saying something when you can say Luke Ayling should have had a hat trick.

Was at the game, great day, great result - crowd was electric.

Having said that, MBoro were absolute tripe - wouldn't be surprised if Woody got sacked. There will be much sterner tests in the coming weeks but delighted with the result.

Promotion is a certainty.

I don't think I've said that since January...

Keyzer wrote: »
    Saying something when you can say Luke Ayling should have had a hat trick.

Was at the game, great day, great result - crowd was electric.

Having said that, MBoro were absolute tripe - wouldn't be surprised if Woody got sacked. There will be much sterner tests in the coming weeks but delighted with the result.
    To be fair to them they are missing most of their first team, something that we know all about. On paper, a full Boro team will be good enough to move up the table away from relegation. All it takes is a run of 3-4 wins! I hope he gets the season.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Off to arsenal in the FA cup!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Piece of p*ss :D

1972!

Was at the Emirates 8 years ago when Fabregas scored a 90th min peno to equalise against Grayson's side. Looking at the teamsheet, Grayson got a lot out of average players...though interestingly Ross McCormack was on the bench, it wasn't until the following season when he started scoring at will.

is_that_so wrote: »

I suspect that algorithm doesn't build in things like possible goalkeeper suspensions for racism, Bielsa burnout, spygates, teams ordered to concede goals because a ball wasn't put out of play and the usual insanity that besets any average season at Leeds United.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

We're at The Emirates on the Monday night,6th Jan, live on the BBC.

Think I'll make the trip.

Just QPR away picked for Sky in the latest announcement

https://twitter.com/EFL/status/1202996403619991552?s=09

Thought the February games were being announced today

Scratch that, game on first is set for 3. Gonna try choose between Sheffield Wednesday or Wigan game. SW game I'd say unlikely to make general sale, would only gold members get a ticket?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Tempted to book flights for the Wigan game on 1st February.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement