Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Alioski makes it 1-0!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

We look so dangerous on the counter, Huddersfield not parking the bus like a lot of teams helps us

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Still annoyed bout the disallowed goal

We look so dangerous on the counter, Huddersfield not parking the bus like a lot of teams helps us

Yeah, there's definitely room at the back for us to exploit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Get in !!!! Hernandez !!!! 78 mins

• Advertisement

What. A. Goal!!!!

Such a lovely goal

Riding or luck a bit now

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Top of the table. Get in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Mushy wrote: »
    Still annoyed bout the disallowed goal

Bamford was clearly offside when the ball was played forward.

• Advertisement

An excellent win, though. Last season we would have dropped points etc etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Ben didn't look comfortable in that role

davedanon wrote: »
    Bamford was clearly offside when the ball was played forward.

There was a defender playing him inside. Closest to camera. Linesman wouldn't see defender through him though

Really? didn't spot that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Feeling the pull of Elland Road again...just booked flights for Millwall match in January :cool:

That weekend has been picked for FA Cup 4th round, so we need both Leeds and Millwall to be put out or this match will be rescheduled :rolleyes:

Great 3 points on Sat, really looking forward to having Philips back though

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

maximoose wrote: »
    That weekend has been picked for FA Cup 4th round, so we need both Leeds and Millwall to be put out or this match will be rescheduled :rolleyes:

Ah fcuk. Have the trains booked too. I will write an impassioned letter to Marcelo, surely he will understand our plight.

Although, when was the last time we made it past the third round? And Millwall vs Newport County....the latter knocked us out in 2018, infamous Saiz spitting game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Ah fcuk. Have the trains booked too. I will write an impassioned letter to Marcelo, surely he will understand our plight.

Although, when was the last time we made it past the third round? And Millwall vs Newport County....the latter knocked us out in 2018, infamous Saiz spitting game.

Newport had a certain Benjamin William White at centre-back that day too!

Newport had a certain Benjamin William White at centre-back that day too!

We never had a chance!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

I got screwed over a couple of years ago with FA Cup fixtures - real kick in the goolies.

Hope it works out for you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Eddie's staying according to today's BBC gossip and that QSI thing is now a rumoured £120m takeover on promotion.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

• Advertisement

Yeah, but this year it's only Arsenal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Yeah there is the chance we beat Arsenal and then get drawn at home, so might still have a match to go to!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

is_that_so wrote: »
    Eddie's staying according to today's BBC gossip and that QSI thing is now a rumoured £120m takeover on promotion.
    https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/gossip

I've seen that Radz values us around £100m as we stand so don't think £120m would get much if we go up. Based on the investment by Radz to date and the share bought by the 49ers we def seem to be valued around £100m already. Aren't Newcastle supposedly valued at £300m and in debt (to Ashley himself). I think to take Rad out of the picture on our first year back in the Premiership would take a ridiculous amount of money. He'll absolutely love mixing with the big players from the top team owners and also using the media and exposure to have our brand everywhere. He might sell after a year but can't see it next summer.

Newcastle are worth £300m despite being a struggling, in-debt club. We will cost a fraction of that, which is why we're so attractive to QSI. There has to be a figure between Radrizzani's £100m and Newcastle's valuation that will tempt him to sell. QSI get a well-supported club with history and a traditional rivalry with the big guns that has persisted down the years.

Looking like one of those games tonight. Hull are capable of nicking it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Get in there!! Blow it up ref we've been second best tonight

Alioski makes sure of the three points with the second goal.

Amazing counter. 2-0 is very harsh scoreline, will take it though

11 points safe in the top 2. Nice.

• Advertisement

Cant wait to see how this one can be messed up

Mushy wrote: »
    Cant wait to see how this one can be messed up

Don't worry, it'll be some new and uniquely novel way that none of us could ever have dreamed of.

Zaph wrote: »
    Don't worry, it'll be some new and uniquely novel way that none of us could ever have dreamed of.

It would have to be at this stage. Some trade war with an embargo on Qatari goods, the takeover will happen after it, points deduction. The Leeds way!

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

Zaph wrote: »

The EFL probably have someone employed full time scouring social media and rule books looking for something they can deduct points for should they need to :pac:

This team though. God I love those boys so much.

Not sure how we won and kept a clean sheet, but meh!

The inevitable clusterf*ck - Kiko's likely ban, just when he's looking like an actual Real Madrid keeper.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

The EFL probably have someone employed full time scouring social media and rule books looking for something they can deduct points for should they need to :pac:

This team though. God I love those boys so much.
    There's too much fun to be had with Wednesday for them to bother with anyone else. Starting to feel possible.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,294 ✭✭✭Kalyke

Bit of a slip up from WBA!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Mad league

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Only thinking about our own games at the moment tbh. We’re in a great position but the feeling is all too familiar!

Couple of big games in next few weeks, Fulham and West Brom. Would be nice to get 2 wins.

Only thinking about our own games at the moment tbh. We’re in a great position but the feeling is all too familiar!

Couple of big games in next few weeks, Fulham and West Brom. Would be nice to get 2 wins.

Preston in there too. If come out with a 7 point gap itll be good.

The gap to third is main concern, it's just nice to be top now

WBA dropped 2 points. we need to drop 4 games to blow it now.

• Advertisement

we need to drop 4 games to blow it now.

That's absolutely no problem for Leeds. After 30 years of following their fortunes I can honestly say they could easily blow a lead like that, and not just over 25 games but even over the final 4 games of the season. You just get immune to it.

So when I say Leeds are definitely going up after 10 or 20 games and Leeds fans say "don't tempt fate", I always say enjoy this moment and don't postpone the celebrations until May... because the club itself will almost certainly screw it up before then.

That's absolutely no problem for Leeds. After 30 years of following their fortunes I can honestly say they could easily blow a lead like that, and not just over 25 games but even over the final 4 games of the season. You just get immune to it.

So when I say Leeds are definitely going up after 10 or 20 games and Leeds fans say "don't tempt fate", I always say enjoy this moment and don't postpone the celebrations until May... because the club itself will almost certainly screw it up before then.

I'm currently watching Take Us Home, and I'm at the part where the season started imploding. Until we reach the point of having a bigger gap over third than there are points available, I'm taking nothing for granted.

I'll be 50 years following them in 2020. You're forgetting the renaissance that happens every 10-15 years. The glory years from 65-75. The Wilko era, late 80s-early 90s. Then the O'Leary babes around the 2000s. We fail a lot. We fail again and again. But every once in a long while, we prevail. And when we do, we make a mark. We may not make it this year, but it looks to me like everything is in place to make it happen.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

davedanon wrote: »
    I'll be 50 years following them in 2020. You're forgetting the renaissance that happens every 10-15 years. The glory years from 65-75. The Wilko era, late 80s-early 90s. Then the O'Leary babes around the 2000s. We fail a lot. We fail again and again. But every once in a long while, we prevail. And when we do, we make a mark. We may not make it this year, but it looks to me like everything is in place to make it happen.

But it's never boring is it ?

50 years fan myself and at this stage just enjoy the good times as they happen.Really enjoyed last season,the football we played was magnificent,the atmosphere in the ground was sensational when we were going well and fraught the rest of the time. Even after the Brentford game the travelling fans were full of optimism for the Play Offs despite what had happened that day and on the previous Friday. It's something in the DNA of Leeds fans, enjoy it while you can because you know that disaster is just around the corner.

But it is never boring :D

20 years myself

I feel like iam in a victim support group

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

30 years supporting the Whites - Jesus I feel old.

Close on 45 years for me. This thread is like the internet equivalent of an old folks home. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

27 years , absolute glory hunter jumping on the bandwagon in 92 as a 7 year old to the disgust of my Chelsea dad

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

About 45 years, as an 9/10 year old since about 1975/6 and with absolutely no recollection of the sucesses of the Revie Era, so I never jumped on any bandwagon. There was a kids song at the time - "Why do leaves change their colour", so of course, I had my version !!!

Bout 25 years now. Didnt want to be like my brother, he supported the Manchester version of United. I chose the raw deal ultimately! In fairness, he came to Elland Road and loved it. Some great memories over the time...those Yeboah goals, Viduka vs Liverpool, that CL run. Grayson years were good, that game vs Bristol Rovers aged me. And then theres now. Amazing football that if was done with top players, would be insane to watch.

By now I just take the slagging. It's part of the fun of it all when not taken seriously.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement