Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Two up after 8 mins. We're going up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Q_Ball

Nervous last few minutes

F**k

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What a balls up.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

What a mess. Still a 10 point gap to third but should be 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Pure Leeds.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

And we're back haha

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Started because Kiko came for a cross he shouldn't have. All because he had nothing to do at that point

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Vintage!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Shocking second half. Now I am worried we will end Fulhams 3 match losing run next Saturday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

And we're back haha

Just when I was feeling optimistic good old Leeds fall back to old ways, I should have known better, and bad timing with the Christmas games right ahead. I wonder how the confidence will be affected by this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Painful to watch the second half but hopefully just a speed bump. We've had 7 wins and 1 draw from the last 8 games, thats a pretty good return.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Big game next Saturday, lose that and doubts will return but a win there should put us in a very healthy position. Obviously it's hard not to think back to last season and to worry about it all, but such is the life of being a Leeds fan. I'm trying my best to remain objective right now ... it's not easy! :)
    As Keyzer said though, the recent run has been incredibly positive, let's just hope Saturday was a minor blip.

Fulham have three losses on the bounce and then Leeds roll into town. Ye all know how this goes :pac:

Hopefully Cooper will be back on Saturday. I like Berardi but he's a RB playing CB and we've missed Cooper's composure and command of the box. The poor lad Struijk had an absolute mare when he was brought on too. Some experienced (and taller!) back-up at CB wouldn't go amiss in the January transfer window.

Strong rumours Ben White is going to Chelsea in Jan for 25M.

I'd dearly love to see him stay but Leeds don't have the financial clout to compete with Chelsea at this point in time. I hope he stays for the season because he's been phenomenal but I wish him well if he moves on.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

:( That would be a massive blow, if true. As you say we haven't a hope of competing or persuading him to stay but he has been a huge part of our season and would be irreplaceable I feel.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    :( That would be a massive blow, if true. As you say we haven't a hope of competing or persuading him to stay but he has been a huge part of our season and would be irreplaceable I feel.

True - seen him play twice this season and he was outstanding, really solid player.

But money talks and Brighton would be crazy not to accept the rumored 25M. I think its crazy a player of such caliber was allowed to leave on loan, Brighton must have two savage CB's.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Keyzer wrote: »
    True - seen him play twice this season and he was outstanding, really solid player.

But money talks and Brighton would be crazy not to accept the rumored 25M. I think its crazy a player of such caliber was allowed to leave on loan, Brighton must have two savage CB's.

Three I think. Lewis Dunk is an England international now and super Shane Duffy is there. Then they have Webster who they paid £25m for last summer so must rate him at same level. Hopefully they will see that White's value will only go up from staying with us until summer. He'd be a season-changing loss.

Keyzer wrote: »
    But money talks and Brighton would be crazy not to accept the rumored 25M.

It would seem like a bit of an undervalue to me. He is easily the best player in the division. If Leeds were promoted and I heard they were paying 30 or 40 million for him I'd say it was good business...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Based on his current form he's worth £50m right now. Chelsea already have dozens of players out on loan. Brighton would be crazy to sell him to them for half what he's worth. And FWIW, and I know footballers don't think like this, but White is burnishing his reputation with us every time he plays. What if he goes to Chelsea, who aren't in good form, and shipping a lot of goals, and it doesn't go well? But like I said, all footballers think they're the best in the world, and rarely if ever strategise their transfers to their own best advantage - apart from in their pockets, of course. Look at Haaland wanting to go to the busted flush that is Man U. White does seem like a thoughtful, sensible guy though. Let's hope he prefers to stay until the end of the season, and then see what happens.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

davedanon wrote: »
    Based on his current form he's worth £50m right now. Chelsea already have dozens of players out on loan. Brighton would be crazy to sell him to them for half what he's worth. And FWIW, and I know footballers don't think like this, but White is burnishing his reputation with us every time he plays. What if he goes to Chelsea, who aren't in good form, and shipping a lot of goals, and it doesn't go well? But like I said, all footballers think they're the best in the world, and rarely if ever strategise their transfers to their own best advantage - apart from in their pockets, of course. Look at Haaland wanting to go to the busted flush that is Man U. White does seem like a thoughtful, sensible guy though. Let's hope he prefers to stay until the end of the season, and then see what happens.
    41 players out on loan!:eek: White represents quality and talent you can see over the kids scattered all over the place. As others have said it is down to Brighton's plans. They can see how well this loan is working out and why would they give away a real talent cheaply? On balance I'd expect them to reject overtures until the summer at least. After all, January is often a time of lean but very expensive pickings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

is_that_so wrote: »
    41 players out on loan!:eek: White represents quality and talent you can see over the kids scattered all over the place. As others have said it is down to Brighton's plans. They can see how well this loan is working out and why would they give away a real talent cheaply? On balance I'd expect them to reject overtures until the summer at least. After all, January is often a time of lean but very expensive pickings.

I agree. But Fat Frank would like nothing better than to f*ck us over.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I thought I had read somewhere that there was no recall clause in White's loan deal. If that was true Brighton couldn't sell him in January because they'd have to bring him back before they could sell him. Anyone know for sure if this is the case?

Zaph wrote: »
    I thought I had read somewhere that there was no recall clause in White's loan deal. If that was true Brighton couldn't sell him in January because they'd have to bring him back before they could sell him. Anyone know for sure if this is the case?
    According to this they have to agree a recall clause in advance. My reading of that is that he'd have to play out the season loan based on their agreement.

https://www.yorkshireeveningpost.co.uk/sport/football/leeds-united/latest-leeds-united-news/leeds-united-fans-can-relax-no-chance-brighton-will-recall-ben-white-january-transfer-window-997135

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Unpopular opinion:

I watched the U23s last night. Very disappointed with Eddie's performance. Very lazy and selfish and I don't think he would fit in with the current squad. I appreciate that strikers, by their nature, are selfish but IMO Paddy gives twice as much for the team. He's the only one who stopped and shrugged the shoulders when a move broke down. Everyone else did what the 1st squad do, chase it down.

Hugely talented but not what we need right now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Unpopular opinion:

I watched the U23s last night. Very disappointed with Eddie's performance. Very lazy and selfish and I don't think he would fit in with the current squad. I appreciate that strikers, by their nature, are selfish but IMO Paddy gives twice as much for the team. He's the only one who stopped and shrugged the shoulders when a move broke down. Everyone else did what the 1st squad do, chase it down.

Hugely talented but not what we need right now.

Neither unpopular nor unknown ;-)

Wouldn't bother me too much if they sent Nketiah back. His, and Arsenal's, attitude sucked. He should count himself lucky to get to learn under Bielsa. The 2nd goal v Hull, where Bamford ran from the Leeds goal line, shows what he does.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

He is a talented player no doubt. While I have enjoyed his goals, I did think he seemed a little too arrogant at times for such a young player. Id still like him to stay though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

Im not sure what to make of nketiah and his attitude, i do like him as a player. The one thing that stands out though is that he is a different style\type of player to Bamford. I think this is crucial when Bielsa needs to change tac. Really hope they do some business in January to give him more options.

Does the price of a gold membership go down after Christmas? Haven't had one since the league one days and dying to get over for a game

• Advertisement

Hijpo wrote: »
    Im not sure what to make of nketiah and his attitude, i do like him as a player. The one thing that stands out though is that he is a different style\type of player to Bamford. I think this is crucial when Bielsa needs to change tac. Really hope they do some business in January to give him more options.
    Look at Costa and how long it has taken him to figure things out. He's only 20. It would be preferable to keep him rather than try to get others up to speed. From snippets I've read from him he does seem to understand this is a learning process and that a change of location is good for him to experience. With the new man in at Arsenal I think they'll leave him but it is all up to him.

Disaster start anyway, 1 down and Pablo injured

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Never a penalty, very poor from the ref. Big test today.

Bamford goal

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Eddie and Paddy combine! C'mon lads, one more!

blaa85 wrote: »
    Eddie and Paddy combine! C'mon lads, one more!

Doh!, wrong end.
    I hope that Cardiff collapse is not the phycological event that defines our season. Leeds do phycological. Remember last season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Mitrovic will give White nightmares tonight, such a handful to deal with, great battle and test for White.
    Should be a hectic finish

Didn’t really do enough in that second half, looked very flat at times

I hope its not going to be a Christmas ****show this year.

• Advertisement

I hope its not going to be a Christmas ****show this year.
    2/3 look like potential points, 5 points or more would be good.

is_that_so wrote: »
    2/3 look like potential points, 5 points or more would be good.

Yeah but Leeds don't do bad spells very well. But I hope you are right. We are still 9 points safe from the playoffs.

Break the bank for Mitrovic, the man is a beast, wishful thinking I know

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Just saw the penalty decision...... Fooking hell

Quite comfortably the worst decision of the season

Up there with the Millwall peno

What is it about London?!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Sky Sports seemingly free today for anyone with Sky in the house, can get the Leeds Preston game from 5!

Hopefully something good can come. Looks like Spurs are ready to take Clarke back as well, but don't think it'll be a huge loss.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Shlippery wrote: »
    Sky Sports seemingly free today for anyone with Sky in the house, can get the Leeds Preston game from 5!

Hopefully something good can come. Looks like Spurs are ready to take Clarke back as well, but don't think it'll be a huge loss.

I have Sky but can't seem to get Sky Sports on Sky Go, which is a bit of a pain.

Absolutely woeful so far, Preston deservedly leading

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,117 ✭✭✭jacool

Referee bringing out cards for second half. Pearson, Browne and Nugent should all have been booked. PNE were all over Leeds first 10 minutes. Some suicidal cross field mis passes for the Whites, but Leeds have been on top last 20. Need a little composure and getting to the bye line. Totally missing Hernandez in the middle for a bit of calmness.

It's a bit early to be time wasting

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement