Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

L2 team, haven't won since November. Makings of an upset!

I'd apply that logic if they were playing Leeds

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

1-0 Millwall, Matt Smith of course

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Meslier getting the start in goal and Robbie Gotts going to start too. Sounds like a few changes anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Meslier, I think his performance will essentially decide whether we go out and get an experienced keeper as cover for as Kiko’s ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Meslier getting the start in goal and Robbie Gotts going to start too. Sounds like a few changes anyway.

Looking forward to seeing Meslier, I think his performance will essentially decide whether we go out and get an experienced keeper as cover for as Kiko’s ban.

Delighted for Robbie Gotts. Waited forever on bench for his debut, watching Clarke and Strujik get theirs ahead of him. Now he gets to start vs Arsenal on TV.

Bielsa also said today we are definitely looking for a striker and winger.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Millwall through to the 4th round of the FA Cup so that game will have to be rearranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

championc wrote: »

So I would personally expect the normal 1st team squad, although Gotts should get a runout and you'd maybe expect Meslier too.

It's confirmed, I'm psychic !!!

We're going up as fooking Champions :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

championc wrote: »
    It's confirmed, I'm psychic !!!

We're going up as fooking Champions :)
    As a psychic you should know that's called tempting fate!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

The last time Liverpool won the league, we went up as champions.

• Advertisement

davedanon wrote: »
    The last time Liverpool won the league, we went up as champions.

I'm listening to acid house in my Levi's 501s and Air Jordans...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Love it!

No clue who he is, but well done that man.

(I know he's in GoT)

No clue who he is, but well done that man.

(I know he's in GoT)

He's Jaime Lanister in GoT. He was also responsible for this. :D

Ha! Wonderful.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I don't care how this finishes, I'm so ****ing proud of this team.... 20 mins in and we've destroyed arsenal

We should be at least a goal up here. Arsenal looking very panicky at the back.

I don't care how this finishes, I'm so ****ing proud of this team.... 20 mins in and we've destroyed arsenal

Its 1 way traffic, great to see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,019 ✭✭✭davycc

Come on Leeds. Make all the pressure and chances count!!!!
    Should be a couple up at least

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

It's very Leeds, dominance with lack of goals

• Advertisement

Was coming on just to say 'Proud'. Fantastic display.

Proud is the word alright, great showing. How good is Meslier's distribution!

Fantastic performance. And 8000 Leeds fans making all the noise. Meslier has been brilliant. Some of the best passes all night from him.

Fantastic performance. And 8000 Leeds fans making all the noise. Meslier has been brilliant. Some of the best passes all night from him.

Yeah, sounds more like it's at Elland Road at times. Crowd have been fantastic.

What does Xhaka have to do to get booked???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Doh! It was coming. We need to be more clinical in box. Paddy needs to stop the glory hunting and look up for once.

Doh! It was coming. We need to be more clinical in box. Paddy needs to stop the glory hunting and look up for once.
    He gave up at least 3 chances that others could have had. Great hold up play by him though.

He must be related to the ref! Won a number of soft frees falling over as well.
    Still a very respectable performance and we don't have to worry about another match we can do without.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Good performance and we’ll have a rest week for the next round. Happy with that.

Very confident in Meslier as a backup to Kiko now. He made some good saves

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    He must be related to the ref! Won a number of soft frees falling over as well.
    Still a very respectable performance and we don't have to worry about another match we can do without.

Think the break will be good

• Advertisement

Decent effort on the night but that extra quality at the higher level came through in the end.

Very confident in Meslier as a backup to Kiko now. He made some good saves

Great distribution too! Should fit in well.

Great outcome.

Leeds looked like the footballing aide. Arsenal looked limited, although much improved in the second half. But Xhaka just kicked and kicked and kicked, hard to believe he is a top flight footballer and captained Arsenal.

Most importantly, spared the cup run that might have affected crucial league games.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Decent effort on the night but that extra quality at the higher level came through in the end.

More luck than quality. Berardi deflects the ball into Martinelli's path, and it only goes in because the shot was scuffed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I was worried about injuries but we were great. Break on the 25th of Millwall game moved.

I don't mind Bamford shooting, he's a striker and confident.

Happy with keeper too for when casilla is banned for a bit.

We need a striker and midfielder in January though, be really worried if we don't get both

I was worried about injuries but we were great. Break on the 25th of Millwall game moved.

I don't mind Bamford shooting, he's a striker and confident.

Happy with keeper too for when casilla is banned for a bit.

We need a striker and midfielder in January though, be really worried if we don't get both

event wrote: »
    Happy with keeper too for when IF casilla is banned for a bit.

;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Happy with that match, we played great first half and unlucky not to get a goal or two. Arsenal went up a gear in the second half, flukey goal all the same and the ref was a bit of a clown.

It was a bit weird having all the BBC guys fawn over us, compared to the usual bollix on Sky Sports and that idiot Goodman slating us for everything :pac:

There was talk of Rhian Brewster coming on loan until the end of the season, but he's just gone to Swansea instead.

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    There was talk of Rhian Brewster coming on loan until the end of the season, but he's just gone to Swansea instead.
    Swansea move was flagged a good few weeks back I think. Only rumour that seems to still have legs is Adams from Southampton. It's the one position that needs to be filled as a matter of urgency.

;)

Unfortunately he will. Its nor like a court of law or anything. They have another player who has said he heard it, thats enough for the FA. Probably be a 6 game ban :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

It's an odd one - normally its just a question of breathing a little too heavily for Xhaka to end up with a booking so no idea how he got away with murder on Monday night.

As a general rule, Xhaka should be booked just before kick-off. Saves the ref the bother later.

event wrote: »
    Unfortunately he will. Its nor like a court of law or anything. They have another player who has said he heard it, thats enough for the FA. Probably be a 6 game ban :(

It's not a toss of a coin either.

He and the club will have a very high powered legal team advising them.

If at the end if it there is a finding that he racially abused a player, he should be sacked immediately.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,382 ✭✭✭✭greendom

As a general rule, Xhaka should be booked just before kick-off. Saves the ref the bother later.

Ahh now it makes sense - that's obviously the instruction refs are given. Anthony Taylor must have lost the memo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Fantastic performance. And 8000 Leeds fans making all the noise.

One of the best away days in recent years. 8,000 in the away area and many more scattered around the rest of the stadium, including Pontus in the posh seats. Some scenes walking down to the tube station after the match. You'd think we'd won the game.

Best thing about watching it was not panicking about losing three points.

On to the Wendies on Saturday. Play like we did in the first half in the remaining league games and......................

Love this club.

Commentators were opining that we ran out of steam in the second half, but that would be highly unusual for us. We keep running until the final whistle, every week or 3 days or whatever. I had the feeling that we got a bit carried away with the occasion and the atmosphere, and ran ourselves into the ground a bit. I mean, I know Arsenal are rebuilding, but they're still a quality team. How many other sides are capable of inflicting that first half on them? Liverpool and City? I saw Alioski making lung-busting 40 metre runs just to challenge their keeper in the first half.

Bamford and Ayling are fit for the weekend, had me worried on Monday. Hernandez and Shackleton are both back in contention also :)

Some transfer/loanee updates from Phil/Athletic:

Harrison - £8m option to buy. Last season I'd have said fúck away off but it seems good value now!
    Meslier - £5m. Apparently keen to stay, doesn't want to go back to Lorient. I'd like to see more of him seems very promising.

Che Adams is keen to come to us but Southampton reluctant right now.

Good news on the injuries. I hope they don't rush Pablo back though.

And Forshaw will be back in training next week!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement