Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

maximoose wrote: »
    And Forshaw will be back in training next week!

Thank Christ. We urgently need reinforcements. Pablo should be just about over that hammy, too.

And I'd bite their respective hands off at €13mil for Harrison & Meslier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Phillips apparently has a £20m release clause if we don't go up. No messing this year, we have to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Mezcita wrote: »
    Phillips apparently has a £20m release clause if we don't go up. No messing this year, we have to do it.

Totally understandable. We could somewhat consider ourselves lucky that we still have him this year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

It's not a toss of a coin either.

He and the club will have a very high powered legal team advising them.

If at the end if it there is a finding that he racially abused a player, he should be sacked immediately.

I think its balance of probability or something, Phil Hay had a great piece on it in the Athletic. They FA dont have to prove he's a racist, just if its likely he said it. Fernando Forestieri was found not guilty in a court of aw but still got a 6 game ban.

I really hope you're right though.
    Mezcita wrote: »

Yeah thats the talk. Plus we'll be deperate for money because we have committed to the Costa signing I think

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

event wrote: »
    I think its balance of probability or something, Phil Hay had a great piece on it in the Athletic. They FA dont have to prove he's a racist, just if its likely he said it. Fernando Forestieri was found not guilty in a court of aw but still got a 6 game ban.

I really hope you're right though.

Yeah thats the talk. Plus we'll be deperate for money because we have committed to the Costa signing I think

Is Costa not only if get promoted?

Good news bout Harrison and Meslier. Would like to see both become permanent even if dont get promoted

event wrote: »

Unfortunately, if that's what he says, he's slightly incorrect.

The FA will have to satisfy itself that he said it. Now, like almost all forums, civil courts, workplace relations hearings, disciplinary hearings, residential tenancy hearings, arbitrations etc. the standard of proof is the balance of probabilities. This does not mean it's invalid or somehow has less of a standing than a finding in a criminal court, albeit that forum has a much higher standard (beyond reasonable doubt). If the FA find that he used racist language, and that it not successfully appealed, then it is accurate to say there was a finding that he used racist language. Not being subjected to criminal proceedings doesn't displace that.

The FA do need to be satisfied that racist language was used. But they only need do so on the basis that it likelier than not that it was used.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Steven Fletcher is out for 8-10 weeks for Sheffield Wednesday. He's scored 12 goals for them.

Mushy wrote: »
    Is Costa not only if get promoted?

Good news bout Harrison and Meslier. Would like to see both become permanent even if dont get promoted
    Think it's permanent regardless, but payment over a good few years IIRC.

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/25119/leeds-united-complete-helder-costa-signing

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

So we have a keeper in from Italy and rumours that we're getting another young winger from Man City (Ian Poveda). Anyone know anything about him? The big signing we're waiting on of course is the striker, not heard much on that front since Che Adams looks like it won't happen.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    So we have a keeper in from Italy and rumours that we're getting another young winger from Man City (Ian Poveda). Anyone know anything about him? The big signing we're waiting on of course is the striker, not heard much on that front since Che Adams looks like it won't happen.

Poveda is not tall, about 5" 5', 19 and English/Colombian. He's an attacking midfielder and has been capped for England underage.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Not playing good at all, Wednesday have missed a few sitters

And now they're bringing on a 6'5" striker. You can see what's going to happen now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

We desperately need a striker, nothing happening for paddy..... (happy to eat humble pie if he scores)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

We badly need more firepower

Jesus Gianni....great engine but brainless

Finally stringing some things together

Charlton equalise again.

At it again.

Great, I think Wednesday deserve it to be honest, poor goalkeeping to be fair

• Advertisement

Bóllocks. First shot on target.

Kiko kiko kiko....... Monk has some record against us

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,015 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Very poor from Kiko.

Classic Leeds, all the chances for the last 10mins and then beaten against the run of play

Developing a very strong dislike for Monk with Leeds being incapable of taking chances just edging it!

And doubling the ignominy! 2-0

Ahh well, hopefully this shows that we need a minimum of two players in or we will suffer the same faith again this year.
    Credit to Monk, tactically spot on, they have some very good players, Bannan is a very tidy player

• Advertisement

1 win in 6 league games

Every f*cking year

That big Kosovan won the game for them, but we were pants today

I AM SO FÚCKING SICK OF THIS ****!

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

1 win in 6 league games

Every f*cking year

The annual collapse is well and truly underway.

It's the utter wastefulness of it that is most irritating.

• Advertisement

WE NEED A BLOODY STRIKER.

Ahh well, hopefully this shows that we need a minimum of two players in or we will suffer the same faith again this year.
    Credit to Monk, tactically spot on, they have some very good players, Bannan is a very tidy player
    The tactics work well because of the really poor return rate! I really like Bamford for his work-rate but boy is he wasteful. Striker who can and will score is essential.

Now we can see what use that Cup game on Monday was. Absolutely none. Played a blinder first half, and made a "top 6" team look ordinary, but it all amounts to a hill of beans if we don't get out of this FÚCKING division.

Can we just get Roofe back?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Shocking. Leeds with 70% possession and Wednesday with 2 shots on target all game. Monk knows how to beat Leeds. Get a good stirker. Simples.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Finishing was the difference between the 2 sides today

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I dont think I'll ever get used to these collapses. Just hope the gap was big enough now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I wish Bamford would just put his foot through the ball sometimes. So many times this year he tries to finesse/curl the ball into the net. He can be so wasteful. Imagine how sh1t we would think he is if he didnt up his work rate this year. We desparetely need a stiker who can do the work but also finish better.

We have a mini run (3 games) against beatable teams. We should be looking for 9 points before the Forest game. Also we have a 10 day gap between QPR (Next) and Millwall which might give us a bit of a breather and chance to get things back on track.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

I wish Bamford would just put his foot through the ball sometimes. So many times this year he tries to finesse/curl the ball into the net. He can be so wasteful. Imagine how sh1t we would think he is if he didnt up his work rate this year. We desparetely need a stiker who can do the work but also finish better.

We have a mini run (3 games) against beatable teams. We should be looking for 9 points before the Forest game. Also we have a 10 day gap between QPR (Next) and Millwall which might give us a bit of a breather and chance to get things back on track.

We always do badly after a 10 day rest. It's a tradition. Like the annual new year collapse. Although we broke from tradition last season and held off the new year collapse until Easter. Same result though.

With Brentford coming into view in the rear view mirror, and Leeds away to them in February, the sale of Jannson for just 5 million might turn out to be as bad a bit of business as not signing Daniel James last season.

• Advertisement

Missing out on James wasn't 'a bad bit of business'. Swansea ****ed us over. And Ben White has been an upgrade on Pontus.

davedanon wrote: »
    Missing out on James wasn't 'a bad bit of business'. Swansea ****ed us over. And Ben White has been an upgrade on Pontus.

Waiting until deadline day was bad business imo, he was identified early doors as a transfer target

Cooper is not as good.

And however good bad or indifferent Jansson is, selling to a club that may challenge for something as crucial as promotion for just 5 million may turn out really bad.

Cooper is not as good.

And however good bad or indifferent Jansson is, selling to a club that may challenge for something as crucial as promotion for just 5 million may turn out really bad.

Not sure why you are bringing Cooper into it? Anyway I know we're all pissed off at the awful run of form but there's no point looking back at last summer. We need to get back to winning ways and it would give everyone a lift if we could get a proven striker in ASAP. I think Radz needs to find a way to make that happen.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Not sure why you are bringing Cooper into it?

It's just as valid as bringing White into it.

Cooper, Jansson and White are all centre halves. And while it is fair to say White is an upgrade, it's also correct to say the club kept the weaker of the other two.

You are correct that it is reviewing decisions made last summer, a summer when some Leeds fans said Jansson was disruptive and sneered at a perceived step down to Brentford. It's just a decision that will come into focus should Brentford overtake Leeds.

Feels like a family funeral here with people starting to bicker
    I’ve grown to like Bamford a lot and I think he has endeared himself to he fans but we clearly need another striker, someone with a proven championship goal scoring record ideally.
    My other biggest concern is if White gets injured for a lengthy period, we really don’t have the quality in backup and while Cooper may be a fan favorite, he does lack a bit of quality in my opinion, A for effort but is prone to too many mistakes.

I noticed on MotD last night that Che Adams was playing again yesterday. Doesn't seem likely he's coming, does it?

I noticed on MotD last night that Che Adams was playing again yesterday. Doesn't seem likely he's coming, does it?

No, Huss whatever said as much during the week, said they wouldn't be letting him go. Not sure who we are tracking but hopefully it wasn't him or we're back to square one!

Most frustrating part is that everyone outside and inside club say that we are looking at bringing someone in early, we’ll news flash, we are nearly halfway through the month.
    We pretty much knew Eddie was leaving for a while, you would think they would of had it lined up, not as easy as it sounds I know but we can’t go down the same path as last year

• Advertisement

Cooper is not as good.

Sometimes there are non-football reasons for moving people on. Always liked that about Fergie. I think Jansson was OK,on par with Cooper but a little better overall. He too had his very poor days, which people mysteriously ignore. White has been superb and the defence mostly decent.

The set-up is always going to invite teams to counter. Even the weakest of teams packing their half stand a chance of getting something out of game where the target practice at other end is for Row Z most of the time. One of those misses on target would have altered the tactics instantly for Monk.

The model he uses is what City, Barcelona and even Real use, except their target men are usually so lethal teams are forced come out and play. They'll take a goal against them because they know they can score more.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement