Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Just read a piece in The Athletic about the Adams thing. It's looking a lot more likely than I had realised. He wants it, the owners are open to it. It's only Hasenhuttl who's opposed. Adams might even force his hand. If the article is to be believed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

davedanon wrote: »
    Just read a piece in The Athletic about the Adams thing. It's looking a lot more likely than I had realised. He wants it, the owners are open to it. It's only Hasenhuttl who's opposed. Adams might even force his hand. If the article is to be believed.
    If it's Phil Hay he seems to have an in with the club and has been right about other stuff. Echoes of James from last year though in that scenario! :eek: At least it's early. :D

It is Phil Hay. They have three targets in this window. Caprile is a goalkeeper, and Poveda a winger at City. Adams would make it a perfect window for us.

https://theathletic.com/1526614/2020/01/12/che-adams-southampton-leeds-transfer?source=shared-article

It is Phil Hay. They have three targets in this window. Caprile is a goalkeeper, and Poveda a winger at City. Adams would make it a perfect window for us.

https://theathletic.com/1526614/2020/01/12/che-adams-southampton-leeds-transfer?source=shared-article
    Yep, that would do me! Two out of three look like the done deal already. Adams or someone like him is key. Bamford scores, just will never score enough.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

is_that_so wrote: »
    Sometimes there are non-football reasons for moving people on. Always liked that about Fergie. I think Jansson was OK,on par with Cooper but a little better overall. He too had his very poor days, which people mysteriously ignore. White has been superb and the defence mostly decent.

The set-up is always going to invite teams to counter. Even the weakest of teams packing their half stand a chance of getting something out of game where the target practice at other end is for Row Z most of the time. One of those misses on target would have altered the tactics instantly for Monk.

The model he uses is what City, Barcelona and even Real use, except their target men are usually so lethal teams are forced come out and play. They'll take a goal against them because they know they can score more.

I could probably count pontus poor performances for Leeds on 2 hands...... He was a top class player for us

• Advertisement

Che Adams or Andre gray and I'll be a very happy boy this window.... I just hope its done ASAP

I could probably count pontus poor performances for Leeds on 2 hands...... He was a top class player for us
    Yeah but he tended to go AWOL in those poor performances. I did like his spirit and drive and most performances but he wasn't always consistent, a fact of life of players at this level. He was great to have in the team but I'm OK with him being moved on as I think the problems are much further up the pitch and have been for quite a number of years.

as I think the problems are much further up the pitch and have been for quite a number of years.

I'm puzzled by this. We aren't in a bad place at the moment. Get the right reinforcements in and we'll be set fair. What problems are you referring to specifically?

I'm puzzled by this. We aren't in a bad place at the moment. Get the right reinforcements in and we'll be set fair. What problems are you referring to specifically?
    I don't think it's about not being in a bad place it's being able to get points at times and being just way too wasteful. For example there was a period towards the end of last season where there were over 120 shots in four games and about 10 on target. Ratio of shots to shots on target can be truly awful at times and yeah I think a Che Adams can help with that a lot.

Re. Jansson.

It's kinda gone down a road of how good or bad he was, his ability v White on one hand or Cooper on the other.

My main gripe was not so much selling him...but selling him to a promotion rival. He is the captain of Brentford, they have the best defence in the division. If they go up, it'll be one of the buys of the season. And if Leeds don't, one of the worst sales.

• Advertisement

Re. Jansson.

It's kinda gone down a road of how good or bad he was, his ability v White on one hand or Cooper on the other.

My main gripe was not so much selling him...but selling him to a promotion rival. He is the captain of Brentford, they have the best defence in the division. If they go up, it'll be one of the buys of the season. And if Leeds don't, one of the worst sales.
    Plenty of ups and downs to go. I reckon February with its seven games, including Brentford, Bristol and Forest is where it will all take shape.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Che Adams talk heating up, would really boost the team

On a side note, anyone here subscribe to the Athletic, any good, worth it ?

Seems that 2 deals are expected to be completed this week, keeper Caprile and Poveda on loan. Adams apparently would probably cost £1m and a commitment to buy in the summer. Saints manager opposed to it so still wait and see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I think it's brilliant, was worried the trial would be great to rope you in and then the content would fade - but it's been great. If you want a referral PM me, think you get a discount.

Shíte match Saturday - I think I need to stay away from Elland road for a while, can't remember the last win I saw.

For all the talk about Che Adams, his goal rate at Birmingham was fairly unspectacular, far worse than Bamford at Leeds.

Now, I know it's hard to make direct comparisons, but he played over a hundred matches for Birmingham. Maybe there are other factors, I don't know if he was played as the main target man, was he used as a late substitute etc.

Another yes vote from me, it's really good.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Current run of form is worrying to say the least but I'm hoping its a speed bump and we can get our sh1t together and go on another run.

We're still in a good spot in the table but that could change very quickly giving the form Brentford are in.

I've slagged off Bamford (out of frustration) in the past, I understand his role in the team and he does it well. But for the love of god, we need someone who can score goals. And lots of them.

For all the talk about Che Adams, his goal rate at Birmingham was fairly unspectacular, far worse than Bamford at Leeds.

Now, I know it's hard to make direct comparisons, but he played over a hundred matches for Birmingham. Maybe there are other factors, I don't know if he was played as the main target man, was he used as a late substitute etc.
    He has also played on both wings so that suggests a flexible player, which Bielsa likes. It is a bargain basement price for a striker but even with his strike rate it's a positive. Anything close to Birmingham form of 22 in a season would be welcome.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Looking at the stats on infogol, Adams' conversion rate that season was 27.5% (22 goals from 80 shots), double Bamford's conversion rate of 13.5% this season (10 goals from 74 shots) and also better than his conversion rate of 18% last season (9 goals from 50 shots). Looks good to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Another yes vote from me, it's really good.

And from me, not only the Leeds content but loads of other stuff on other clubs too. Also, if you're into NFL or College Football in the States their coverage is top class.

On Saturday's game, all Pat's chances came on his right foot. Not good enough at this level that we have a one footed striker. Does loads of stuff really well but his right foot is pure muck. The one he passed back to the keeper from 12 yards out in the first half was ridiculous.

Lucky to have seen the wins against Brentford and QPR this year but add in Derby, Swansea, Cardiff and last Saturday and I also think I need to give it a miss for a while.

• Advertisement

Check Phil Hay's twitter, he posts discount codes every day.

It's good, very pleasant reading experience on the app and site without the ads. There's a lull in Leeds articles sometimes but they tend to be very good when and there's obviously lots of other content. The live Q&As and post-match commentary's are decent too.

Looking at the stats on infogol, Adams' conversion rate that season was 27.5% (22 goals from 80 shots), double Bamford's conversion rate of 13.5% this season (10 goals from 74 shots) and also better than his conversion rate of 18% last season (9 goals from 50 shots). Looks good to me!

Was looking more at the 34 goals in 116 games, but again maybe a lot of the appearances were off the subs bench and I see the post above about him playing on both wings.

Was looking more at the 34 goals in 116 games, but again maybe a lot of the appearances were off the subs bench and I see the post above about him playing on both wings.

Sure it's all lies, damned lies and statistics :P

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

He has also made 19 appearances for Saints with zero goals, ten of those games being starts with a total of 846 minutes played.

I'm failing to see how he is going to be the answer to our goal scoring problems.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    He has also made 19 appearances for Saints with zero goals, ten of those games being starts with a total of 846 minutes played.

I'm failing to see how he is going to be the answer to our goal scoring problems.
    Latest suggests he may not be coming and Sharp not an option either.
    https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/latest-southamptons-stance-leeds-transfer-21271643

Southampton have been poor and low on confidence for the majority of the season. Argument for him is that he is a proven goal scorer at Championship level. Even the previously unstoppable Pukki has got far fewer goals against the higher quality of PL.

Adams may have decided to stay is latest report. Some rumour about Poveda and an Italian team too. There will be a new keeper! Just as well there are two weeks left!

They need to start making hard deadlines with targets, it can’t be that hard to attract a decent player to the club....every game is vital now and we can’t be messing around

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Any word on who Plan B is for our striker? Adams doesn't look like it will happen - I think we knew as much last week tbh.

There seem to be feelers going out all over the place for a striker. Adams doesn't look like happening and focus may well be abroad now. Poveda supposed to come for talks this week but nothing concrete on that either it seems.

• Advertisement

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Any word on who Plan B is for our striker? Adams doesn't look like it will happen - I think we knew as much last week tbh.

Phil Hay has mentioned Andre Gray (inquiries were knocked back and he's on high wages anyway) and Billy Sharp (not clear he'll leave or would fancy Leeds anyways). We'll inevitably be linked with Dwight Gayle too, available on loan but injured.

I hope they're working their boll$x off on it, absolutely unforgivable having only one senior striker. Can see it going to the wire though....more than two weeks of anxiety left :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Phil Hay has mentioned Andre Gray (inquiries were knocked back and he's on high wages anyway) and Billy Sharp (not clear he'll leave or would fancy Leeds anyways). We'll inevitably be linked with Dwight Gayle too, available on loan but injured.

I hope they're working their boll$x off on it, absolutely unforgivable having only one senior striker. Can see it going to the wire though....more than two weeks of anxiety left :o

If we don't sort out the striker situation and maybe bring in a central defender too, it will be last season all over again.

If we don't sort out the striker situation and maybe bring in a central defender too, it will be last season all over again.
    Winger is of more urgency because then they can stop Alisoki living around the opposition box and defend!

I think people don’t give enough attention to our lack of depth at center back, Cooper can be pretty injury prone, god help us if White gets injured.

Adams staying put according to Skysports.
    https://www.skysports.com/transfer-centre @17.03
    Southampton have told Leeds that Che Adams will not be leaving St Mary’s in this window.

The Saints believe the striker is happy on the south coast and has no interest in going anywhere, amid reports of a second offer.

Eddie won't be scoring against us for Bristol, or anyone else. He's staying at Arsenal.

• Advertisement

Eddie won't be scoring against us for Bristol, or anyone else. He's staying at Arsenal.
    Yep, because in his brief time away he's become a better player than most of his Arsenal team mates!:D

"Eddie, mate, what's with all the running around and tackling and chasing back? This is Arsenal, bruv. We don't do that sort of fing."

Poor Marcelo looks a broken man in that press conference, :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Poor Marcelo looks a broken man in that press conference, :(

About the transfer situation?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Saw The Sun reporting Leeds preparing a shock bid for Jarrod Bowen. Thatd be good

Mushy wrote: »
    Saw The Sun reporting Leeds preparing a shock bid for Jarrod Bowen. Thatd be good

Wouldn't trust the sun tbh, but if Phil hay reports it I'll be very excited

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Yeah should probably have said I dont quite trust it, should be a given though

That would really suck for the city and fans of Derby

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

YEP say there's no truth to it at all, I'd love it but don't believe it

That would really suck for the city and fans of Derby
    It would but we know all about club owners and directors playing fast and loose with finances! :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Mushy wrote: »

Probably his agent trying to flush out other bids

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,896 ✭✭✭Hijpo

i would be delighted with a draw today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Pablo back in.
    I just know Jack Clarke is gonna come on and do damage

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,295 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

Does Bielsa not have any plans to speak in English to the media?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement