Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

A few more games picked for tv in Oct/Nov in case anyone is planning a trip to ER

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/22265/fixtures-selected-for-tv

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,214 ✭✭✭championc

Zaph wrote:
    ...... or Pontus' inevitable suspensions.

He's a reformed character this season :)

Seriously though, he picked up quite a few unnecessary ones last term so i don't think he'll be anywhere near the same dizzy heights as the last.

In addition, the team appear to be playing better as a whole unit and so i do feel that there will be less instances where the backs will be exposed and will require those last minute yellow card tackles to break up an opposition opportunity

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,593 ✭✭✭DoctaDee

Zaph wrote: »
    Pawel Cibicki confirmed on a 4 year deal from Malmo. Only other outstanding business seems to be if a deal can be done for Lassoga today. Nice to get some attacking players in, but I would have also liked one more defender just to give a bit more cover at the back in case of injuries or Pontus' inevitable suspensions.

Pontus has at least righted the ship with regard to our poor return from Swedish signings - Brolin, Teddy Lukic and Antonsson, it would be nice to think Cibicki will keep the flow in the right direction

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 267 ✭✭tfer

Deal for Lagossa finally confirmed, season long loan,

Am enjoying the the new season so far, AR and TC doing some very good business

• Registered Users Posts: 2,263 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Still a few hours to sell Pontus and the rest of the team ! Don't worry lads.

A great start to the season, an interesting signing or 2 coming in, a week off for the team...this is as good as it gets for Leeds! Enjoy it everyone, we know the collapse and recriminations will come at some stage, the only hope for Leeds fans is for a few months, or maybe even a few years, between calamities!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,541 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

A few more games picked for tv in Oct/Nov in case anyone is planning a trip to ER

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/club-news/22265/fixtures-selected-for-tv

Was very close to booking flights for one of those games, luckily didn't get finalised!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Back to the grindstone tomorrow. 2-0 win, Lasogga and Saiz.

Lassoga starts, Alioski on the bench after the internationals with Roofe dropping back to take his place.

Big crowd for today it seems, let's see if TC and the first 11 can handle the growing expectations!

• Advertisement

Lasogga scores

Back to the grindstone tomorrow. 2-0 win, Lasogga and Saiz.

Close enough. Blow it up ref!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

2 up Kalvin Philips :D

I'm enjoying that it's different goal scorers this season. It really helps.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,023 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

3-0 . Burton can't handle it at all.

Hernandez from the spot

• Advertisement

We want 6

Rooooooooooooofe

We want 6
    On the way...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,400 ✭✭✭✭Oat23

giphy.gif

Lasogga again!!!

One more please :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Terrific win 5-0. Up to second!!

We want 6

Disappointing...

Disappointing...

Will have to make do

I think I'm going to go support some other mid-table team, I can't handle all this positive stuff.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Sorry lads, I can't stay to discuss the game as I'm off to the doctor. I've come out in a state of warm fuzziness which has me concerned

Over 33,000 there to witness the display too - and another game with over 30 attempts on goal .. wtf is going on ??

It was an ok result against a very limited team and the 5 clean sheets now would be attributable to the poor finishing of the opposition than any indication that we're defensively sound .. (I feel better already :rolleyes:)

Edit .. oh and that boy Lasogga should've had 5 by all accounts (Lee Sobot) .. another turkey

What a fantastic day for the fans at ER, not too often we get to see that kind of a scoreline (in our favour!)
    Sounded like they played really well, I am really confident about this season
    so much so that I'm off to the bookies on Monday and hopefully be off on a nice holiday next summer ;)

All this positivity just got me to book flights and trains for the Reading game on 14 October. Flight out via East Midlands very cheap (12.99) and back from Leeds (stg17.59).

For anyone who is interested in going over for a match and considers flying into East Midlands, you can get a train from Derby to Leeds. However, buy it as two tickets (DBY - SHF and SHF - LDS) which is then way cheaper than a DBY - LDS direct ticket which will stop in Sheffield anyway !!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,060 ✭✭✭Sue Pa Key Pa

Highlights are on Sky Sports website. Looks as if we could have had 8

Highlights are on Sky Sports website. Looks as if we could have had 8

Again...disappointing day...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

Can I get excited now?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Can I get excited now?

Yes, was really concerned when Monk left but the trend is still upwards since then... iam a typical negative nanny leeds fan but I am excited at the possibility of being a serious challenger in this league

Also, I am reminiscing of when I started the first leeds United thread on boards all those years ago, jesus must of been over 15 years I'd say, feeling old

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭xlogo

What channels show Championship highlights these days?

I just use the sky sports score centre app, you sign in and select club, can watch highlights shortly after the game. It's free too!

Think can go into clubs too to see their games.

xlogo wrote:
    What channels show Championship highlights these days?

Channel5 have a one hour show every Saturday night at 21:00 followed by a half hour Leagues 1 & 2 show.

SkySports have a half hour show around 22:00 which is also then repeated during the night

Some Sunday morning viewing

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

All i can think about is tomorrow's game. Lasoggo looks the real deal, Roofe is on fire and Alioski wasn't even involved. It's been quite some time since there has been this much squad depth.

We've had squad depth before but the difference this time is Quality with Depth

blaa85 wrote: »
    Roofe is on fire...

Oh YEAH!

• Advertisement

Over 31k expected tomorrow, mad for a Tuesday game! Need to lock in a game to go to before xmas (without fear of it being rescheduled....)

Good title.....sh1te song

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,198 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

tfer wrote: »
    Good title.....sh1te song

And the opposite, good song, shite title :p

Shlippery wrote: »
    Over 31k expected tomorrow, mad for a Tuesday game! Need to lock in a game to go to before xmas (without fear of it being rescheduled....)

Me too. Might treat myself now with the birthday coming up.

I'm looking at early next year but those cheap flights via EMA for the Reading game were very tempting!

In the meantime, I tried the LUTV streaming service on Saturday for 5 quid.

Of course you need to use a VPN if browsing from Ireland. That part was okay withChrome plus the Hola add-on.

But the stream was quite unstable (even for those legitimately overseas!) and dropped out quite a lot. It would come back after a refresh, but missed Lasogga's first goal.

Anyways, it has the potential to be a great service (provided they don't crack down on the VPN usage somehow!) but requires a lot of patience at the moment for anyone else interested in giving it a go

Shlippery wrote: »

I guess Brum will always be a big game. They've had a poor start though.

If Leeds win and Cardiff fail to win away at Preston, Leeds go top. Nosebleed stuff...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,343 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Apparently Victor Orta's trying to sign a Japanese international midfielder, Yosuke Ideguchi, in the next transfer window. J-League Rookie of the Year in 2016 according to Wikipedia, so he might be decent.

I'm looking at early next year but those cheap flights via EMA for the Reading game were very tempting!

Looking at that myself tonight. Probably book it tomorrow. What category is that game does anybody know?

Nearly positive it's a category B

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 816 ✭✭✭xlogo

What's EMA?

xlogo wrote: »

What's EMA?

East Midlands Airport. One user has post on it there, cheap flights, train from derby to Leeds (buy as derby - Sheffield, Sheffield - leeds). Fly home from Leeds after the game.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement