Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Does Bielsa not have any plans to speak in English to the media?

He'll be taken way out if context, not worth the hassle.

Should have had a penalty already

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Ffs, hit both his hands. How the hell was that missed??

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

2 handballs missed, just our luck

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

The wheels are off lads. Will do well to finish in top 6 at this rate. Cant blame the lack of signings either, the 11 on the pitch not doing enough at the minute

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

2 handballs missed, just our luck

Cooper should have fouled samuel on the half way line and not let him get to the edge of the box

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    Cooper should have fouled samuel on the half way line and not let him get to the edge of the box

Or the ref can do his job which hes clearly too incompetent at

Mushy wrote: »
    Or the ref can do his job which hes clearly too incompetent at

Oh i agree...But Cooper doesn't have the pace to allow samuel to get away from him...kick him give the free away at the half way line

Oh i agree...But Cooper doesn't have the pace to allow samuel to get away from him...kick him give the free away at the half way line

Early to risk a card. No doubt the ref would find them for a leeds foul

Early to risk a card. No doubt the ref would find them for a leeds foul

Half way line with covering defenders...not a yellow

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

No way the goal should have been given but we are clearly second best in this game. We look a completely different team since Christmas. Really poor.

Shocking finish that from Bamford.

That's some whopper level of crap to miss by that much

Kicked Philips on the ground...no yellow:confused:

Kicked Philips on the ground...no yellow:confused:

The standard of reffing is so so bad. Dunno why I'm even bothering watching this

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

The standard of reffing is so so bad. Dunno why I'm even bothering watching this

I'm only watching as the cricket is rained off and it's put me in foul mood. Gave up on this sport a few years ago, everytime I go back and watch, it's just getting worse & worse & worse.

QPR getting Liverpool-esque decisions here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Getting up a 4am for this crap... Jesus Bamfords confidence is low, it might help if they actually got a few players in
    Defense looks like it could buckle at anytime, corners are just a waste of time for us

• Advertisement

Getting up a 4am for this crap... Jesus Bamfords confidence is low, it might help if they actually got a few players in
    Defense looks like it could buckle at anytime, corners are just a waste of time for us

Bamford needs to sort himself out. Its always his 'confidence' I see mentioned. He has the absolute backing of the manager, has 10 goals this year. how is he not confident? He misses chances but so does every striker. He's 26 now, not a kid.

This isnt a comment to you Carcharodon, BTW. Commentators say this every time he misses a chance and it lets him off I think. Is he trying to improve his finishing? Cos that should be his focus IMO, I really hope he is working on that.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Oh f**k off Bamford

Saw that coming a mile off

event wrote: »
    Bamford needs to sort himself out. Its always his 'confidence' I see mentioned. He has the absolute backing of the manager, has 10 goals this year. how is he not confident? He misses chances but so does every striker. He's 26 now, not a kid.

This isnt a comment to you Carcharodon, BTW. Commentators say this every time he misses a chance and it lets him off I think. Is he trying to improve his finishing? Cos that should be his focus IMO, I really hope he is working on that.

No, I get your point but for whatever reason his confidence is shot, every sports person relies on confidence to some extent, some a lot more than others, he seems to be one of those, you could even tell by that penalty, he is doubting himself
    I think all the striker talk doesn’t help him, just get a player in and let them work together, we all know his good qualities, would be nice if we could focus on those and not have to try on rely on his goals

No, I get your point but for whatever reason his confidence is shot, every sports person relies on confidence to some extent, some a lot more than others, he seems to be one of those, you could even tell by that penalty, he is doubting himself
    I think all the striker talk doesn’t help him, just get a player in and let them work together, we all know his good qualities, would be nice if we could focus on those and not have to try on rely on his goals

Yeah it seems to really affect him (see the peno). Even the striker talk, he'll still be 1st choice, sure he saw off Nketiah really, Bielsas love of him is what made him be recalled.

• Advertisement

event wrote: »
    Yeah it seems to really affect him (see the peno). Even the striker talk, he'll still be 1st choice, sure he saw off Nketiah really, Bielsas love of him is what made him be recalled.

Yea, Bielsa is a purist, loves the work effort he has put into his but Jesus Christ we need to more strikers not one, this game is driving be nuts

Ah Pablo. So unlucky

I just don’t know anymore

Havent won in London for 2 years. 1 win in 7 now.

We need a midfielder and a striker. We also need Bielsa to stick with a LB and let someone play themselves in to form. This chopping and changing doesnt help

I can handle the not winning. Dont deserve to if missing easy chances. It's the getting shafted is the problem

And now Phillips red card

Kalvin, ffs. Will miss Millwall, Wigan and Forest

Idiotic from Phillips. 3 game ban now too.

Shocking by Philips, disgraceful tackle, that’s pure and utter frustration. This could be a worse meltdown than last year

Spectacular bottle job this is. So annoyed.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Ugh frustrating and Kalvin will be banned for 3 games. We need a few signings desperately. There was nobody to come on for the last 20mins for a spark.

If Adams isn’t happening then we need to get something done early this week. Competition for Bamford badly needed.

• Advertisement

Back to bed for me, hopefully this was just a bad dream

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

65% possession and another defeat. Our top 2 position has been frittered away. One certainty in life, Leeds will bottle it. Just a little earlier this season thats all.
    I just counted 17 shots from Leeds including the penalty.
    QPR have conceded 51 times this season, the second worst defense record in the division after Luton, and still Leeds couldn't score.
    We are back to mid table mediocrity again going by the last 10 games.
    We have too much hope on the backs of poor players.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Maybe orta is the issue? To be halfway into another transfer window and be in this mess.... Again is an embarrassment....

Even qpr have naki Wells, that's the sort of player we need

Really hope we've something big up our sleeves before this window closes or we're goosed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

10 day break is welcome. Team really needs to be freshened up. The likes of Klich, Dallas and Cooper starting to turn in average to poor performances a lot more regularly and Costa not at all looking like a £15m man. Striker is the biggest problem of all as the chances keep coming. Good news is still being in 2nd automatic promotion spot but so frustrating.

Maybe orta is the issue? To be halfway into another transfer window and be in this mess.... Again is an embarrassment....

Even qpr have naki Wells, that's the sort of player we need

Really hope we've something big up our sleeves before this window closes or we're goosed

Yea, it’s a mixed bag. Wasn’t so long ago the club was a financial mess, at least now we are more financially responsible but it’s a fine balance to get these top players in without putting the club in financial risk again.
    But....how hard can it be to get another decent striker

It's hard to get anything decent in January without being fleeced. Sellers market.

Plus a lot of strikers will be reluctant to come to us seeing as Bielsa loves Bamford

Rumour about Oumar Niasse at Everton. Stats are not amazing except in Moscow but might do?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oumar-niasse/leistungsdaten/spieler/209781

Apparently Leeds can have Gray at Watford too but at £2m fee+ £80k a week I'd say that's a non-starter.
    Gary Weaver of Sky Sports says there are conversations going on with three clubs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

The loss to QPR (or the nature of it) is not what píssed me of about Leeds this weekend.

Its the fact that Sheffield Weds were beaten 5-0 by Blackburn Rovers, at home. Bearing in mind the nonsense that occured at Elland road the week before hand.

Simply put, we are not getting out of this division without proven goal scorers. I love what Bielsa has done for Leeds, he has them playing a great brand of football. But there are serious deficiencies in defense, attack and overall depth of squad which will come back to haunt us later in the season.

If we don't get promoted, Bielsa will go, Philips will go and any investment will be a pipe dream.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Agreed Keyzer, seriously depressing the way the same pattern is emerging again and this year we're even worse off in terms of strikers so unless Radz makes something big happen in the next week it looks inevitable that we will fall away from the automatic spots.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Agreed Keyzer, seriously depressing the way the same pattern is emerging again and this year we're even worse off in terms of strikers so unless Radz makes something big happen in the next week it looks inevitable that we will fall away from the automatic spots.

Yep, sad but true.

All is not lost (yet) but radical changes are required.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Yep, sad but true.

All is not lost (yet) but radical changes are required.
    The reasoning seems to be that the striker and winger would deliver more goals. More goals means teams can't camp on their 6 yard line. Still in 2nd, still 4 points clear and OK but some very urgent issues to address in the next 10 days or so.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

If Leeds were not so obviously desperate in chasing a striker, you'd be forgiven for thinking we were the club in question here:
    The Athletic’s Stuart James reports how senior staff working for the country’s biggest sides have been left flabbergasted by just how little time, thought and effort goes into some of the requests they get from other teams to borrow their players. And, to be clear, we are talking about inquiries that are made from Premier League clubs as well as ones in the Championship.

Here’s a little tip: identifying a particular position on the pitch and knowing the name(s) of the player(s) who fill that role helps. If you then do a bit of research on the individual in question and put together some information and statistics on why your club is a good place for that player’s development, it might be viewed seriously.

It won’t be if you just call up and ask: “Do you have anyone we can loan?”

Still wouldn't rule us out completely :pac:

Leeds looking at Emil Bohinen, central midfielder, 20 year old, son of Lars. Poveda might still be on and there are a small number of strikers being explored, some apparently in the PL and that new keeper is waiting for FA approval. So really no news!:P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Massive let off !!!

• Advertisement

Jaysus so nobody wants to get promoted then

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Forest and Fulham are the danger lads..

Forest and Fulham are the danger lads..

Any of the teams there could take it. Watkins scoring s load for Brentford

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

It’s really depressing the lack of transfers. Especially after what happened last season. We desperately need 2/3 quality players to come in and challenge to start. I’m so sick of looking at Bamford. We all know Biesla loves him but at the end of the day he is a striker who gets a ridiculous amount of chances every game though he fails to convert the vast majority of them. Roofe just hasn’t been replaced. Hopefully there is some good news the next 2/3 days. I actually think Idah from Norwich would suit with how we set up but with Norwich’s issues he is unlikely to go out on loan.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Forest and Brentford are on a run of form, just as ourselves and WBA are not. They will both fizzle out, as ours did. There are no outstanding teams in this league - bar us, if we could just turn our pressure and dominance into goals. Get in a striker who can score, and it takes the pressure off. Even Pat can relax a bit. He does have 10 goals this season.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement