Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

I'd be happy if WBA win every remaining game now just to take points off the rest TBH

This made me feel a bit better lastnight, remaining fixtures - home in blue:

ikq4zh8grzb41.png

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Hi everyone - life long leeds fan. Getting married this year and am hoping for about 8-10 of us to go to see a Leeds game for my stag... only problem is getting tickets as one 1 per member now? Any ideas? Is there a group booking scheme or anything ?

A supporters club might be your best bet. Do you have any memberships?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Roofe just hasn’t been replaced.

He had a good run of form before he was sold but lets put things into perspective - Roofe scored 28 goals in 110 appearances, not prolific.

Bamford has 19 goals from 49 appearances - if he keeps going at that rate he'll have double the goals Roofe scored in the same amount of appearances.

Regardless, neither player is that player you want to see banging in the goals week in, week out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

rduggy wrote: »
    Hi everyone - life long leeds fan. Getting married this year and am hoping for about 8-10 of us to go to see a Leeds game for my stag... only problem is getting tickets as one 1 per member now? Any ideas? Is there a group booking scheme or anything ?

Hospitality tickets would be your best bet , no way you'll get 8-10 tickets and if you do you'll be scattered all over.

maximoose wrote: »
    A supporters club might be your best bet. Do you have any memberships?

Thanks for replying. We would have 3-4 in the group, which supporters clubs should I reach out to?

Actually yeah, I'd bite the bullet and go for hospitality if you want seats together.

Hospitality tickets would be your best bet , no way you'll get 8-10 tickets and if you do you'll be scattered all over.

Jesus, they are expensive 150 pounds each. For me I would pay it as it's my stag and I'm a life long fan, few of the lads be cheap tbh lol. Its approx 200 euro

Can't see them paying that much like.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

rduggy wrote: »
    Jesus, they are expensive 150 pounds each. For me I would pay it as it's my stag and I'm a life long fan, few of the lads be cheap tbh lol. Its approx 200 euro

Can't see them paying that much like.

Far be it from me to come between you and your friends but it's your stag. My attitude would be "Right, Saturday afternoon is Elland Road. This is what it costs. Who's in?" :cool:

is_that_so wrote: »
    Far be it from me to come between you and your friends but it's your stag. My attitude would be "Right, Saturday afternoon is Elland Road. This is what it costs. Who's in?" :cool:

Free food and drink ........sold :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Free food and drink ........sold :pac:

Plus you get to hear a rendition of "Love will tear us apart".

Anyone ever done it? Assume the seats are up in the East stand?

And a first signing of this window confirmed - Elia Caprile

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26114/whites-complete-elia-caprile-signing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

And a first signing of this window confirmed - Elia Caprile

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26114/whites-complete-elia-caprile-signing

Did Orta misunderstand the phrase 'somebody who knows where the goal is'?

It's hard to get excited about a new u23 keeper, shocked they're even announcing it tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Rumour about Oumar Niasse at Everton. Stats are not amazing except in Moscow but might do?

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/oumar-niasse/leistungsdaten/spieler/209781

Apparently Leeds can have Gray at Watford too but at £2m fee+ £80k a week I'd say that's a non-starter.
    Gary Weaver of Sky Sports says there are conversations going on with three clubs.

An absolute donkey

event wrote: »
    An absolute donkey
    Like all the other rumours he's only mentioned because he has a pulse and working legs! Meanwhile the Poveda thing should be resolved this week one way or the other. Apparently he favours Leeds but wait and see time.

Third Che Adams offer of £20m to buy in the summer rejected. Really time to move on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Is deadline day still Jan 31st? Surely they'll do everything to avoid a scandal like the Daniel James saga again...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Shlippery wrote: »
    Is deadline day still Jan 31st? Surely they'll do everything to avoid a scandal like the Daniel James saga again...

You'd like to think so, but if there's one club that's doomed to repeat past mistakes...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Christ almighty they'd really want to get a move on

I might fire up Championship Manager later and fire across a few suggestions

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

According to Popey on Twitter the club are confident of getting a striker in this week (this despite the £20m bid being rejected). The man must be the eternal optimist!

And he also says the Poveda deal will happen this week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Shlippery wrote: »

That was nothing to do with us, and everything to do with Swansea FÚCKING us over at the last second.

Guille Amor and Rafa Mujica are leaving Elland Road this month. Only joined in the summer, back to Spain with them. Neither ever figured.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

davedanon wrote: »
    That was nothing to do with us, and everything to do with Swansea FÚCKING us over at the last second.

I think the point is not to leave things to the last second this time
    Either Adams is a total no go or they are just pushing up the price, either way, best to move on at this point.
    We got this far with Bamford, we obviously need another striker but it just needs to be a decent quality championship striker to share the load

Two excellent results tonight. Other teams continue to give us a bit of breathing room.

Adidas deal confirmed , so regardless of what happens this season we are gonna look sexy as fook next season!

Che Adams valuation increases by 5 million after scoring 0 goals in 16 games, January really is a sellers market
    I would rather spend 20 million on Ivan Toney, Jebus just get a striker

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Che Adams valuation increases by 5 million after scoring 0 goals in 16 games, January really is a sellers market
    I would rather spend 20 million on Ivan Toney, Jebus just get a striker

20 Mill is ridiculous money... I'd rather throw in a youngster and take my chances.

Adams is a bench warmer, has yet to score in the PL and they want 20 Mil. Madness.

• Advertisement

The one thing it highlights though is that it's not only the fans who believe if we don't get a striker we will miss out on automatic promotion! If we have genuinely made a bid of £20m based on promotion that certainly suggests the club believe the same. Hopefully it means a striker will be found within the week.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Two excellent results tonight. Other teams continue to give us a bit of breathing room.

I don't know how we keep getting away with it :pac:

We need to beat Millwall - Forest play Brentford at the same time and it's a chance to give us a bit more room

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Poveda having a medical today ahead of a permanent move according to Phil Hay.

Full steam ahead with a striker now please. Wouldn't mind cover at CM in Forshaw's continued absence, but one more signing might be it.

Good piece in the Athletic about how ****e we are in January windows

2011: Leeds have celebrated Christmas Day second in the table. Grayson wants a centre-back and narrows his list of targets down to Kaspars Gorkss and Gareth McAuley. Leeds sign neither, despite claiming Grayson has money to spend. The window closes and they instead bring in two midfielders, Barry Bannan and Jake Livermore, on emergency loans. Livermore’s contract requires him to start games so Grayson starts him twice — and substitutes him at half-time twice — over the Easter weekend. Five points are lost and the play-offs go begging. In all, Leeds concede 70 league goals that season.

2012: Grayson’s defence is dropping to bits without the goals up front to compensate. On deadline day, Nikola Zigic scores four times as Birmingham City win 4-1 at Elland Road and Grayson bemoans the inexperience of his defence. A few hours earlier the club signed Adam Smith, a 20-year-old right-back, from Tottenham Hotspur. Isn’t that a contradiction? “He’ll be a good player for us,” Grayson insists. If you say so. Leeds sack Grayson the following day. Smith ends up in the Premier League but only after joining Bournemouth.

2013: Neil Warnock has already lost the crowd and at the end of the transfer window, the crowd lose cult hero and dependable goalscorer Luciano Becchio when Leeds do an unpopular swap deal for Norwich City’s Steve Morison. “He’ll be a legend here in a few years,” Warnock says of Morison but the player is persona non grata within months (though not before Warnock is himself dismissed). It takes the appointment of Brian McDermott to see off relegation.

2014: Massimo Cellino appears from Italy, Mad Friday ensues. McDermott is removed as manager on January 31 but reinstated 24 hours later when it turns out that Cellino’s takeover is still to be ratified. Ross McCormack, the club’s captain, asks to leave. Andrea Tabanelli, a signing proposed by Cellino, spends a week in a hotel in Leeds before being told his transfer lacked the required paperwork. Gianluca Festa, who Cellino wants to replace McDermott, sits in the stands taking abuse from supporters around him as Leeds hammer Huddersfield Town 5-1 on February 1. Happy days.

2015: Midway through January, Cellino is banned by the EFL for a breach of the Owners and Directors Test and, in body at least, quits the club until April. Neil Redfearn, his head coach, wants a striker but the best Leeds can do is an obscure Albanian named Edgar Cani, who Redfearn hardly uses. They sign midfielder Granddi N’Goyi who doesn’t bother with a medical and is injured from the outset. But Sol Bamba’s arrival from Palermo at least hits the spot and helps to keep Leeds up.

2016: Sam Byram is sold to West Ham United after declining Cellino’s request to take a pay cut. Steve Evans — the sixth manager employed by the Italian to date — goes looking for a forward. Kyle Lafferty, Evans says, has the car started and is ready to drive to Leeds from Norwich. He doesn’t appear and neither does anyone else. Mid-table it is, then. “If I get supported, we’ll challenge for the Premier League,” a defiant Evans says. He’s gone three months later.

2017: Leeds are inactive until the very last day of the window. Garry Monk gets impatient and makes a point by playing two kids, Billy Whitehouse and Paul McKay, in an FA Cup defeat at non-League Sutton United, neither of whom ever get a game for the club again. The club tell Monk they can get Lewis Grabban but Monk goes for his old club Swansea’s Mo Barrow, who does next to nothing. Winger Alfonso Pedraza arrives from Spain but doesn’t do enough. A big chance of the play-offs becomes a seventh place finish on the final day of the season.

2018: Adam Forshaw comes in from Middlesbrough but is injured before very long. Tyler Roberts comes in from West Bromwich Albion but is injured almost straight away. Head coach Thomas Christiansen is losing control and the plot and four days after the January window closes loses his job too. “If they want to find somebody better, I cannot do anything about that,” he says. Paul Heckingbottom’s subsequent appointment is similarly short-lived.

2019: Daniel James. A window summed up by one name.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Is there any update on when Forshaw or Tyler Roberts are due back?

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Is there any update on when Forshaw or Tyler Roberts are due back?

Forshaw is a waste of time, takes 4 or 5 games to get back into it and look good, then he picks up another injury, decent player when fit

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Eunan O'Kane is our only saviour now. :D

iseegirls wrote: »
    Eunan O'Kane is our only saviour now. :D
    Apparently he's to be offloaded this month if they can find him a home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

(Checks Leeds thread. Still haven't bought a striker. Goes back to work).

Mezcita wrote: »
    (Checks Leeds thread. Still haven't bought a striker. Goes back to work).

Jean-Kevin Augustin linked , this kid is quality

• Advertisement

Well your post just prompted me to check Phil Hay and Adam Pope on Twitter and lo and behold there is a rumour from both that suggests we have moved to the continent. Some young lad called Jean-Kevin Augustin, 22, who is on loan at Monaco.
    Of course now I have to go and Google this fella so my one quick glance at your post is resulting in work being delayed further! :) Seems he is another promising youngster, along the lines of Eddie, so not a proven goalscorer. His record at Leipzig was decent though and he did cost them €13m so let's see if this rumour has any legs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

Jean-Kévin Augustin (born 16 June 1997) is a French professional footballer who plays as a striker for Ligue 1 club Monaco, on loan from Bundesliga side RB Leipzig. He sat on the bench for Leeds United and watched Bamford miss 100 chances before being brought on in the play off semi final with 10 minutes to play in the loss against Bristol City in 2020.
    From wikipedia

Anyone actually watched Poveda play, seems like a bit of an enigma (well to me anyway)

Leeds United are on the trail of RB Leipzig striker Jean-Kevin Augustin as they enter the last week of the transfer window.

Sources in Europe have told The Athletic that Leeds will attempt to move for Augustin if Monaco cut short his season-long loan in France before next Friday’s deadline.

Augustin, 22, joined Monaco from Leipzig in the summer transfer window but has made only two league starts for the Ligue 1 club and is open to other opportunities.

Leeds head coach Marcelo Bielsa is an admirer of the France Under-21 international, who began his career at Paris Saint-Germain, but a formal offer would be dependent on Monaco agreeing to send him back to Germany. Monaco are understood to be reluctant to lose him.

The forward has been highly-rated for several years and cost Leipzig around £12 million when they signed him from PSG in 2017.

Leeds have focused more attention on the international market in the past week after failing with three attempts to prise Che Adams away from Southampton.

Adams is United’s top domestic target but Southampton have rejected every approach from Elland Road, including Leeds’ best offer of an immediate loan fee and a commitment to sign Adams for £20 million if they win promotion to the Premier League.

Jean-Kevin Augustin linked , this kid is quality

This has really gathered pace, looks like its happening

Happening according to L'equipe

Mushy wrote: »
    Happening according to L'equipe
    L'Equipe does say "in the coming hours"! Next week at this stage if it goes through.

L'Equipe does say "in the coming hours"! Next week at this stage if it goes through.

They forgot to consider it's a deal involving Leeds alright

Mushy wrote: »
    They forgot to consider it's a deal involving Leeds alright
    They are French, they'll shrug!

• Advertisement

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement