Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Get in !!! 2-2 now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Unreal, what a performance so far this second half.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Come on, one more please!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

YEEEEEEESSSSSSS !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Watch Lord Bamford score a brace tonight and keep JKA out of the team

Do you have the lotto numbers by any chance?

Woohoo !!! Another one. 3-2 up now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I'm glad I bought myself a few bottles now, was regretting it an hour ago. Get in Bamford!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Lord Bamford!!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

In Bamford we trust, come on, this could be a season turning win, keep pressing

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I need a whiskey

I need a whiskey

I need a valium

Cardiff have just gone 2-1 up on Baggies.

Cardiff have just gone 2-1 up on Baggies.

I'm more hoping Brentford can get an equalizer against Forest

What a miss !!!

Keyzer wrote: »
    Depressing stuff...

Watching on LUTV in London - hopefully no Millwall fans spot me.

Bielsa must be thinking about changing the system, simply not working anymore. 2 goals down and we cant score for love nor money.

Depressing. Here's to the second half, come on Leeds. Smash 3 goals in and lets win this fúcker.

Well done mate, you never lost the faith...

• Advertisement

Massive result given where we were at half time, hopefully this can be the start of a change in momentum.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

That'll do!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Got home in 55th minute, what an evening! Hopefully the beginning of a turnaround, although many hard fixtures still ahead

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

8/1 Bamford 2 or more :)

Always gonna happen

That Klich miss was f**king criminal

Birmingham now Millwall.... I'm a wreck this season.... And I love it

• Advertisement

WBA and Brentford losing too

Smash Wigan and take a draw at the Scabs

Bamford sh*thousing their time wasting keeper at the end was gas

The Bamford Shimmy

Doing the rounds in all the clubs now

tenor.gif

giphy.gif

Just saw the goals now. The first goal conceded was criminal defending by Ayling, no excuse for letting his man waltz past him for a free header a few yards out. The two goals from Paddy were proper striker goals, more of that please Paddy, sorry Lord Bamford! :)

Cooper needs to go

We look far better with Berardi next to White

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Come the end of the season there will be a "reckoning" regardless of what happens and they'll all be evaluated. I think Cooper brings that calm head and strong skipper vibe. That is counter-balanced by his average to poor performances. That said, it was Ayling who let them in for the first goal. Love him driving forward but there are times at the back when you wonder which side he's playing for. Both are OK for this level but I'd like to see a White type player beside him, preferably a taller one.

is_that_so wrote: »
    Come the end of the season there will be a "reckoning" regardless of what happens and they'll all be evaluated. I think Cooper brings that calm head and strong skipper vibe. That is counter-balanced by his average to poor performances. That said, it was Ayling who let them in for the first goal. Love him driving forward but there are times at the back when you wonder which side he's playing for. Both are OK for this level but I'd like to see a White type player beside him, preferably a taller one.

I don't get that from him at all.

I'd have sooner kept Jansson, as I'm sure we all would.

Either way, half of this squad will need binning when we go up. There's only so many turds Bielsa can polish.

Also wonder if we're getting buyers remorse after agreeing to pony up £15 million for Costa in the summer- I'd be reluctant to pay half that

I don't agree with your view on Cooper Always, I think he is a good leader. I also trust Bielsa in his judgement that Jansson had to go, I'm sure he had good reason for it.
    I would agree on Costa though, he has been a big disappointment for someone who has played week in week out for quite a while now without really producing a whole lot. He certainly doesn't seem like a player worth £15m.

Either way, half of this squad will need binning when we go up. There's only so many turds Bielsa can polish.

Also wonder if we're getting buyers remorse after agreeing to pony up £15 million for Costa in the summer- I'd be reluctant to pay half that

Bit harsh on the players there I think. Yes, if Leeds get promoted they will need higher caliber players, but its this bunch of players who will or wont get us promoted. Regardless of quality, they are playing for their lives week in week out.

Costa I thought was very good in the second half, along with Alioski. He narrowly missed what would have been an absolute screamer.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I don't agree with your view on Cooper Always, I think he is a good leader. I also trust Bielsa in his judgement that Jansson had to go, I'm sure he had good reason for it.
    I would agree on Costa though, he has been a big disappointment for someone who has played week in week out for quite a while now without really producing a whole lot. He certainly doesn't seem like a player worth £15m.
    I agree on the price but Harrison was not great overall last season either so maybe he needs the time.

• Advertisement

I agree on the price but Harrison was not great overall last season either so maybe he needs the time.

True, Bielsa doesn't suffer passengers in his team so he wouldn't be playing him as much if he didn't think he was contributing enough, so hopefully you're right and we will see him improve as the season goes on.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »

He’s been instructed to do something he cannot do. Namely, be calm on the ball, keep possession and above all do your number 1 job and defend. All these tweets from him asking the fans to step up etc.. yet he can't muster up any leadership qualities or actually play CB properly. He also slows us down bringing the ball out from the back.

I can honestly say he wouldn't get into the starting XI of any of the other top 6 sides.

There's a reason he's our longest serving player - no one else wants him or bid for him.

Bamba comes in, Cooper gets dropped. Bellusci comes in, Cooper gets dropped. Sure even Scott Wooton was keeping him out of the team.

When we signed Bartley and Jansson, he never got a look in, and on the rare occassion he did get a start, he cost us.

The problem is that Cooper never wants to play the ball through the lines or doesn’t have the confidence / ability to.

He always shifts responsibility to White or Ayling to play that first pass forward- usually Ayling who has got less options as he’s on the touchline so has less angles to work with

He’s not terrible but we’re going to have get back to dominating games for 80-90% of the match as with any sustained pressure, he will cost us.

Again though, we all view players differently I guess :)

Without tempting fate in any way there will be a need to address the defence and push up quality in other areas. I don't think that will involve wholesale dumping but it could mean that some starters this season will become the back-up.

Harrison has been a revelation under Bielsa this season. Will be worth every penny the £7 million City want for him.

I reckon Klich could do well in the Prem too - ditto Shackleton and Phillips.

It's the defence that'll need major surgery - Kiko ain't getting younger, White will go back to Brighton, Cooper is Cooper and I'm not sure Ayling, Douglas, Alisoki and Berardi would cut it

Without tempting fate in any way there will be a need to address the defence and push up quality in other areas. I don't think that will involve wholesale dumping but it could mean that some starters this season will become the back-up.

Yep, I agree. I think we'd be ok in midfield with Phillips, Shackleton, Klich, Harrison and Pablo supplemented with Costa and Dallas

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

What a turnaround, can't take the drama anymore why can't we do anything easily :pac:

Delighted for Bamford.

Cooper has been off the boil a bit lately but I like him - wouldn't be dropping him.

Side note - The refs are absolute garbage in this league.

We’ll probably get the book thrown at us today by the FL after all the coins and lighters flung on the pitch

Just realized that twat ref was the fella who sent Phillips off at Forest last season and was in charge at the Villa game where we gave a goal back

We don’t half get some spackers reffing our games

Cooper is the player nominated captain , so he is doing something right , can have his moments but there is a good player there , Bielsa has improved him more than I thought possible and I disagree that he is not confident on the ball.

Would you mention Costa if he scored that chance last night that hit the bar? Yes he took a while to settle but he is really starting to impress me , you have to remember the Wolves team he was in were ridiculous. (does anyone else do the roadrunner sound when he takes on his man or is just me? :pac:)

Its easy to sit and watch Leeds , but take a step back and look at the way we play , the pressing is a joke , the fitness is a joke , the movement is a joke.....Its the work off the ball that has Bielsa so loyal to the players , he trusts them to play HIS system, Yea Costa took a while to get going but the lad does not stop running , I dont think I've ever see Harrison out of breath , Klich has 3 lungs ,Alioski has 4 .... this is why we are where we are , the fitness to play the system of Marcelo Bielsa, Millwall didn't know what the **** was going on last night and it was beautiful to watch.

I would love to see the KM's traveled stats like we have in the champions league for each player.

Anyway I am rambling , I trust Bielsa 110% ,so if he picks a player or doesn't pick them who is anyone to question it? The man is a legend.

• Advertisement

I trust Bielsa 110% ,so if he picks a player or doesn't pick them who is anyone to question it? The man is a legend.

I kinda think that way too.

When people were giving out about Bamford and demanding a new striker I used to think...I'm pretty sure the manager who is often touted as one of the great minds in world football, who sleeps at the training ground, who spends hundreds of hours every month crunching the video analysis and stats, has some idea of what is needed and what's available and how it all fits into his system. It's not like he's saying "Jesus I just saw the stats there, the big guy with Fulham scores more than our fellow".

Which is not to say Bielsa gets everything right. I just trust him to put more thought into every single decision than anyone else.

I kinda think that way too.

When people were giving out about Bamford and demanding a new striker I used to think...I'm pretty sure the manager who is often touted as one of the great minds in world football, who sleeps at the training ground, who spends hundreds of hours every month crunching the video analysis and stats, has some idea of what is needed and what's available and how it all fits into his system. It's not like he's saying "Jesus I just saw the stats there, the big guy with Fulham scores more than our fellow".

Which is not to say Bielsa gets everything right. I just trust him to put more thought into every single decision than anyone else.
    Yeah, happy with the Bielsa approach but one could argue that one or two get a bit more pitch time than their form merits. A few are not quite delivering, Costa for one and the somewhat patchy Alioski for another. That they either get subbed or warm the bench is evidence enough of that.

Bamford is a conundrum. Up until he decided to get physical very recently he was in that category for me. We do know he is a streaky goalscorer and may this be the start of another streak but you can't take a risk on someone like that to lead the front line. When he misses goals it's rarely because of good play by defenders. Even so his overall contribution of late has been terrific but no team can continue with him as the primary goal outlet and if Agustin works out with goals we may see him start a lot more often over Bamford.

As far as Pat goes, we've been p*ssing about in this league for far too long - if Bamford is the man to score the goals that takes us up, so be it.

I don't care where the goals come from anymore

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

For me the problem with Costa is that he's not physical enough in the challenge. Several times last night he lost out on tackles which looked to be 60/40 in his favour, and which with the way we play exposes us to the counter.

Atmosphere was unreal last night,even in the first half when the ref was winning two zip. How he missed the corner from the Dallas shot and the ball two inches over the sideline for their penalty is beyond me.

Whoever mentioned the fitness and the energy of the players in an earlier post was bang on. They never stopped for a breather at any stage in the second half.

Also think Klich had his best game for an age last night, popped up everywhere and was inolved in everything. His off the ball work is outrageous,whether we're in possesson or not.

Ten Man Wigan next up.

Big Kev
    Apparently that is his name already!

His nickname at Leipzig was Tripod

Wonder why?

• Advertisement

His nickname at Leipzig was Tripod

Wonder why?

Perhaps he's an avid, amateur photographer?

This probably explains it!

He’ll never be as big as Enoch

He still had the greatest ever chant

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Booked flights and hotel for 8 of us tonight for my Stag to go to see the luton game. We have about 5 memberships between us - cant buy memberships this late in the year, anyone be willing to let us use their membership for that game to get 3-4 more tickets? Wont need it till closer to the time but would be much appreicated

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement