Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

rduggy wrote: »
    Booked flights and hotel for 8 of us tonight for my Stag to go to see the luton game. We have about 5 memberships between us - cant buy memberships this late in the year, anyone be willing to let us use their membership for that game to get 3-4 more tickets? Wont need it till closer to the time but would be much appreicated

PM me - I have gold membership

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Booked flights and hotel for 8 of us tonight for my Stag to go to see the luton game. We have about 5 memberships between us - cant buy memberships this late in the year, anyone be willing to let us use their membership for that game to get 3-4 more tickets? Wont need it till closer to the time but would be much appreicated

PM me - I have gold too

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

championc wrote: »
    PM me - I have gold too

Well :)

Thanks very much - appreciate it if you could share the membership for that game. Only need it for the one time.

Will return the favour anytime

Tried to PM you says you need to clear your inbox

Thanks very much - appreciate it if you could share the membership for that game. Only need it for the one time.

Cleared :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Bit of a long shot....

Myself and a friend are heading over for the Wigan game tomorrow. We are staying in Leeds for the night.

After the game we are hoping to catch the Ireland v Scotland rugby match in a pub. We realise we will miss the start of the game as it starts at 16.45.

Can anyone recommend a pub between Elland Road and city centre where we can watch this game?

MOT

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

Bit of a long shot....

Myself and a friend are heading over for the Wigan game tomorrow. We are staying in Leeds for the night.

After the game we are hoping to catch the Ireland v Scotland rugby match in a pub. We realise we will miss the start of the game as it starts at 16.45.

Can anyone recommend a pub between Elland Road and city centre where we can watch this game?

MOT

The Peacock usual have rugby on, in a back bar for locals...i watched a 6 nations game in there after a leeds game a few years back, just had to ask to be let in if memory serves me...rake of Irish lads in there

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Ditto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

c.p.w.g.w wrote: »
    The Peacock usual have rugby on, in a back bar for locals...i watched a 6 nations game in there after a leeds game a few years back, just had to ask to be let in if memory serves me...rake of Irish lads in there

Cheers. Has been really jammers when I have walked past it after a match. Will give it a go for sure.

Cheers. Has been really jammers when I have walked past it after a match. Will give it a go for sure.

It was busy, but the locals part was grand got a seat

Bit of a long shot....

MOT

100% in the Clayton hotel (formerly Bewleys)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Brentford keeping the pressure on, would be fitting for them to go up with a brand new stadium next year
    I expect us to win by minimum of 2 today, possibly 4.

We have missed two sitters, Bamford crossed his legs in what should of been smashed in.
    Bamford sets up Harrison with a beautiful ball but he literally runs it across the line, was very unlucky and he also hit the post earlier in a lovely individual run
    So basically same as every other game

Wow, just wow

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Doh, totally dominating a game and an OG. FFS.

It's the Leeds way

Casillas attempt at the cross was pathetic

80% possession on shots and we are going to lose this match. Pathetic. Paddy is just not good enough to stick it in the net.
    His goals on Tuesday, I could have stuck them in.

Remember Wigan at Elland Road was the turning point last season. Everything after that game turned to $hit.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Jesus this team! Always it's the hope! So midweek was not a corner turned after all.

• Advertisement

80% possession on shots and we are going to lose this match. Pathetic. Paddy is just not good enough to stick it in the net.
    His goals on Tuesday, I could have stuck them in.

Bamford just doesn’t have that killer instinct, can’t blame him for losing, if Leeds are relying on Bamford then Leeds are the problem not him, he has many good attributes to give the team
    Costa has been a bit disappointing, final ball just doesn’t seem to cut it

Today was shocking to be honest, losing to Wigan at home is just not good enough
    Sooooo many chances

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Christ that was so poor. Costa was truly awful, I don't think he's a good player at all.

Really poor all round.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Brutal. And awful couple of fixtures to come

We are back in the playoffs if we lose the next game and Fulham win. That's our 11 point cushion caput.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 3,584 Mod ✭✭✭✭St Senan

We are back in the playoffs if we lose the next game and Fulham win. That's our 11 point cushion caput.

Fulham would need to score 5 or more goals to over take Leeds, if Leeds are beaten in next match

Jesus, this has put me in a bad mood for the day now, don’t even know what to say anymore

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Christ that was so poor. Costa was truly awful, I don't think he's a good player at all.

Really poor all round.
    There may be a ready made alternative on the bench in Poveda. Costa has had more than enough opportunities to prove himself and really not cutting it at the moment. Hope Agustin at least makes the bench next week. How expensive is that red card now?! :(

Bielsa making another rival manager look like a genius.
    Another corner, another goal.
    Just play for set pieces against Leeds. You will always score.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I missed team news etc..... Where was big kev?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I missed team news etc..... Where was big kev?

Bielsa said he's not ready yet whatever that means.

As great as Bielsa is, everyone deserves criticism. I think think leaving out Augustin was a big mistake, Bielsa obviously knows his stuff but you would think that a game like this would be the perfect opportunity to bring him off the bench, he is a professional soccer player for Christ sake, iam sure he would of adapted pretty quick.
    I think we only made one sub, that shows our lack of quality or Bielsas stubbornness to change things up, game was screaming out for a fresh face
    As good as Wigan defended, Leeds played right into it, our end product made them look very good at times

• Advertisement

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Bielsa said he's not ready yet whatever that means.
    I don't think he was ever expected to play this week. If he doesn't at least show up on the bench next week there may be a lot more noise. It's one thing not to play a raw Eddie with most of the season ahead but quite another with a player you say you need and just about a third of the games to go. Bamford, for all his work and goals, is just not a dependable scorer, and someone else deserves a look in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

The best bit f this season was giving up hope as soon as cardiff equalised in December.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

This lies squarely on Bielsa's shoulders.

Costa and Bamford are not at it, we were crying out for new blood and impetus - would JKA and Poveda been any worse than Barndoor Pat and Costa?

As has been said, Bielsa is a great strategist but as regards a tactician or changing things off the bench when it's not going our way, he's bang average. And his stubbornness will be the death of him

How was the Lords post match interview today?

The same smarmy, grinning, post match interview as Tuesday?

"I could say a lot more".

Just score a lot more, you posh c**t.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

When the opposition get a corner, I shudder. When we get one I'm thinking why bother

When the opposition get a corner, I shudder. When we get one I'm thinking why bother

And if we put 3 or 4 chances away of the 20+ we're creating each game, the defence wouldn't play like they'd met each other for the first time and part like the Red Sea

This all goes back to that sh*thouse up top and the Nutty Professor on the sidelines

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Jesus, this has put me in a bad mood for the day now, don’t even know what to say anymore

Leeds United - guaranteed to ruin your weekend 60% of the time, all the time

And if we put 3 or 4 chances away of the 20+ we're creating each game, the defence wouldn't play like they'd met each other for the first time and part like the Red Sea

This all goes back to that sh*thouse up top and the Nutty Professor on the sidelines
    I don't think you can put all of this down to Bielsa. Sure he's very dogmatic and sticks with the system but still in 2nd place. Some players are not living up to their billing, Costa can't score and can't cross and is unfortunately looking more and more like a very bad deal. Pablo is unquestionably showing his years now and who knows which Alioski will show up. Including Bamford, that's a third of the team who are not doing the business at thd moment. Add in a keeper who can sometimes be sloppy and a couple of defenders who can produce some awful moments that's not a well-performing team.
    Aside from Agustin, Roberts and the braindead and missing Phillips who else could potentially come in and improve the side?

is_that_so wrote: »
    I don't think you can put all of this down to Bielsa. Sure he's very dogmatic and sticks with the system but still in 2nd place. Some players are not living up to their billing, Costa can't score and can't cross and is unfortunately looking more and more like a very bad deal. Pablo is unquestionably showing his years now and who knows which Alioski will show up. Including Bamford, that's a third of the team who are not doing the business at thd moment. Add in a keeper who can sometimes be sloppy and a couple of defenders who can produce some awful moments that's not a well-performing team.
    Aside from Agustin, Roberts and the braindead and missing Phillips who else could potentially come in and improve the side?

Drop the underperformers, simple as

Bamford, Costa, Hernandez, Klich out

JKA, Poveda, Roberts and Shackleton in

Won't happen in a million years though due to Bielsa's stubbornness and loyalty to his players

Drop the underperformers, simple as

Bamford, Costa, Hernandez, Klich out

JKA, Poveda, Roberts and Shackleton in

Won't happen in a million years though due to Bielsa's stubbornness and loyalty to his players

TBH, I haven't seen JKA or Poveda play this season at all, and fleeting glimpses of the other 2.

I have to say I'm relieved to know that the answer is as simple as axing almost half the team and sticking these guys in and the issues will be solved. Don't worry if it's that straightforward, bet Bielsa will spot it too, he's nothing if not thorough.

• Advertisement

TBH, I haven't seen JKA or Poveda play this season at all, and fleeting glimpses of the other 2.

I have to say I'm relieved to know that the answer is as simple as axing almost half the team and sticking these guys in and the issues will be solved. Don't worry if it's that straightforward, bet Bielsa will spot it too, he's nothing if not thorough.

Not saying they will be solved overnight by sticking them into the team, but they can't do a whole lot worse than the current lot.

Klich has played something like 80 games in a row and is utterly burnt out, so Shackleton coming in for him is a no brainer. Roberts performed well when he came on yesterday whereas Pablo looks jaded and might be better suited to an impact sub role at this stage. Costa's crossing can't beat the first man and there is absolutely no defence for sticking with Bamford at this stage.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Not saying they will be solved overnight by sticking them into the team, but they can't do a whole lot worse than the current lot.

Klich has played something like 80 games in a row and is utterly burnt out, so Shackleton coming in for him is a no brainer. Roberts performed well when he came on yesterday whereas Pablo looks jaded and might be better suited to an impact sub role at this stage. Costa's crossing can't beat the first man and there is absolutely no defence for sticking with Bamford at this stage.
    Thankfully Bielsa puts a bit more thought into it than that! No doubt we're in a really bad run and confidence must be low, especially in front of goal. However the one man I would trust over anyone is Bielsa. I do hope he brings JKA into the squad for the next game but if he doesn't I'm sure he will have good reasons for not doing so.
    It's extremely frustrating at the minute but the most important thing is that the club and fans continue to trust Bielsa and remain United.

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Thankfully Bielsa puts a bit more thought into it than that! No doubt we're in a really bad run and confidence must be low, especially in front of goal. However the one man I would trust over anyone is Bielsa. I do hope he brings JKA into the squad for the next game but if he doesn't I'm sure he will have good reasons for not doing so.
    It's extremely frustrating at the minute but the most important thing is that the club and fans continue to trust Bielsa and remain United.

We've won TWICE in our last 10 games, and those two wins were in a mental game v Birmingham and a Millwall victory where we tried our level best to implode.

It's as clear as day that it's not working and changes are needed

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Thankfully Bielsa puts a bit more thought into it than that!
    We've won TWICE in our last 10 games...

Suspect Bielsa knows that too.

This is Leeds, not some Villa or Derby or Fulham where they can sell the ground to Mr. Incognito or withdraw another 20 million of parachute payments to buy a top striker. Bielsa has taken a midtable team to the top end of the table, and kept them there despite selling the top scorer and a defender he described as the best player at the club. It's not like this team has some right to be in first so slipping to second is outrageous.

Suspect Bielsa knows that too.

This is Leeds, not some Villa or Derby or Fulham where they can sell the ground to Mr. Incognito or withdraw another 20 million of parachute payments to buy a top striker. Bielsa has taken a midtable team to the top end of the table, and kept them there despite selling the top scorer and a defender he described as the best player at the club. It's not like this team has some right to be in first so slipping to second is outrageous.

No it’s not outrageous but persisting with Bamford is absolutely CRIMINAL

Reminder for anyone thinking of booking flights to go over, as to when match dates are 100% confirmed

Illustrative Sky live announcement dates (subject to 5-week minimum notice commitment until Feb).
    March 7 games by Feb 7
    March 14 and March 18 games by Feb 14
    March 21 games by Feb 21
    March 28 games by Feb 28
    April 4 games by March 6
    April 10-13 games by March 13
    April 18 games by March 20
    April 25 ganes by April 3
    May 2-3 games by April 27

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

championc wrote: »
    Reminder for anyone thinking of booking flights to go over, as to when match dates are 100% confirmed

Illustrative Sky live announcement dates (subject to 5-week minimum notice commitment until Feb).
    March 7 games by Feb 7
    March 14 and March 18 games by Feb 14
    March 21 games by Feb 21
    March 28 games by Feb 28
    April 4 games by March 6
    April 10-13 games by March 13
    April 18 games by March 20
    April 25 ganes by April 3
    May 2-3 games by April 27

Jesus for March 21st game we have 12 going now 12 flights booked....

Jesus for March 21st game we have 12 going now 12 flights booked....

There's always a risk - happened to me a few years back.

Just looked at the highlights this morning, shocking stuff letting in that goal. The goalkeeper is a liability for it.

Its not been a comfortable couple of weeks for Leeds fans but I have faith we can turn this around. We've won more games than any other team, and are only beaten by West Brom when it comes to games lost. And we're still second in the league.

We've shown we have the stones to win this (Millwall come back).

That said, something needs to change and change quickly. I understand why Bielsa sticks with Bamford but, simply put, he's not a ruthless goalscorer and that's what we need now. Like the old saying from Catchphrase (points win prizes), goals win games - its that simple.

I hope to god Augustin and Poveda get a start on Saturday. We don't have time to gently blood them into the team/system. Throw them in at the deep end. Some of the other players need a rest too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Next 3 games are huuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuge

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement