Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Next two matches are huge now and will not be easy. Don't feel great about them tbh and a fair chance we slip out of 2nd place.

That said, I still have hope but we need to turn it around quickly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

maximoose wrote: »
    Next two matches are huge now and will not be easy. Don't feel great about them tbh and a fair chance we slip out of 2nd place.

Big time -

Forest Away (2W, 2D,1L) - Patchy form of late, still a very dangerous side, hopefully there patchy form allows Leeds to nick a win

Brentford Away (3W, 1D, 1L) - Good run of form of late, still beatable though.

Bristol Home (4W, 1L) - This will be the toughest of the three. Great run of form o late.

These 3 games are, arguably, the most important three matches in recent Leeds history.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Some absolute WHOPPERS supporting us

0MaTOqm.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Augustin starting for the 23s today.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

folks when I buy tickets online can i get them posted to another address? I am getting tickets for Reading for someone but I am away next week until Friday, anyone know?

Or if I choose collection will he have any issue collecting them if they're ordered in my name?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

You can set the shipping address at checkout from what I remember

Augustin gone off injured a HT

Augustin taken off at half time... 0-0.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Augustin gone off injured a HT

Seems like he took a knock, was running it off and HT came before he could come back on. So hopefully all okay.

edit: and it was pre-planned to take him off at HT apparently

Still, nervous wait till pre-forest press conference probably

• Advertisement

Big Kev looked way off the pace

Big Kev looked way off the pace

I say play him against Forest - leave him a target man and let him blem in a few goals...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Agustin is expected to train tomorrow. The plan was for 45m anyway it seems. Poveda was good and Berardi may also be in reckoning for weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

JKA should at least be on the bench for Forest if fit. Paddy Bamford needs proper competition

and a kick up the hole

Bielsa will have JKA playing murderball and doing laps of Thorpe Arch

Get him into the team, screw how he looks physically. For what it's worth, he looked 0% body fat in those medical videos last week, so I'd have no worries in that regard.

Lasogga looked like he just downed 12 pints and a kebab and was absolutely lethal in front of goal so I don't buy this getting up to speed stuff, especially for a striker

is_that_so wrote: »
    Agustin is expected to train tomorrow. The plan was for 45m anyway it seems. Poveda was good and Berardi may also be in reckoning for weekend.

Shackleton too hopefully

Shackleton too hopefully
    Oh yeah, think he's good to go too. Might cover that missing lad's position.

Oh yeah, think he's good to go too. Might cover that missing lad's position.

Phillips?

Realistically there could be 5 changes, I suspect we'll be lucky to see 1

Phillips?

Realistically there could be 5 changes, I suspect we'll be lucky to see 1
    Poveda for Costa/Alioski and I reckon Shackleton for Phillips with Agustin on the bench.

Poveda for Costa/Alioski and I reckon Shackleton for Phillips with Agustin on the bench.

Out goes Bamford, Dallas, Hernandez and Costa

In come Augustin, Shackleton, Poveda and Roberts

Fresh legs, fresh impetus. You just never know

Casilla

Ayling
    White
    Cooper
    Alioski

Klich
    Shackleton

Poveda
    Roberts
    Harrison

Augustin

I'd like to see that - either way, the bench will be a darn sight stronger

• Advertisement

It'll be the same team lads and we know it ha

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

In fairness to JKA, as I understand it, he hasn't been playing competitively. So he may well have passed a medical but yet, that's possibly a far cry from the level of fitness required for the Championship. In addition, the English game is different and he'll need adjusting to it. When he's presented with his opportunity, he'll need to grasp it with both hands. Ideally for him, he'll want to take the shirt from Pat. But the likes of Saturday will heap even more pressure on him to deliver at his first opportunity.

We all remember Ross McCormack's start.

Forshaw back to full training tomorrow, guaranteed to catch the coronavirus, he'll probably pass it to Roberts

championc wrote: »
    In fairness to JKA, as I understand it, he hasn't been playing competitively. So he may well have passed a medical but yet, that's possibly a far cry from the level of fitness required for the Championship. In addition, the English game is different and he'll need adjusting to it. When he's presented with his opportunity, he'll need to grasp it with both hands. Ideally for him, he'll want to take the shirt from Pat. But the likes of Saturday will heap even more pressure on him to deliver at his first opportunity.

We all remember Ross McCormack's start.

McCormack was warming the bench for a team with 5 players in double digits in Becchio, Somma, Howson, Gradel and Snodgrass and looked good in his brief cameos off the bench.

JKA hasn’t got that luxury.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Forshaw back to full training tomorrow, guaranteed to catch the coronavirus, he'll probably pass it to Roberts

Underrated post

Based on the absolute howler he let in vs Wigan, I'd drop Casilla and bring in the young lad who played against Arsenal.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Based on the absolute howler he let in vs Wigan, I'd drop Casilla and bring in the young lad who played against Arsenal.

He also had chocolate fingers yesterday against the Wendies

Edmonson not going to be an option for the rest of the season. Knee operation, not back till March, maybe late March.

Edmonson not going to be an option for the rest of the season. Knee operation, not back till March, maybe late March.

Doubt he was ever an option to be honest

Bielsa will be happy with Bamford, JKA and Roberts even needed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

I really wouldnt want to see 5 changes ahead of a crucial game tbh. Thats nice on paper but rarely works in the real world and there's a reason you dont see managers do it. Would like Poveda to come in for Costa though, he needs a spell out of the team. He also needs to let someone have a consistent run at LB. Instead its just change it every 2 games which is helping no one

event wrote: »
    I really wouldnt want to see 5 changes ahead of a crucial game tbh. Thats nice on paper but rarely works in the real world and there's a reason you dont see managers do it. Would like Poveda to come in for Costa though, he needs a spell out of the team. He also needs to let someone have a consistent run at LB. Instead its just change it every 2 games which is helping no one

Douglas can’t stay fit. And then it’s square pegs in round holes.

Whatever happens, getting Bamford out of the firing line is imperative.

Yeah but either let Dallas or Alioski (I'd rather Dallas) play themselves in to form.
    Bamford does need a rest. Its been very poor by the club to not get another striker in quicker tbh

Yeah but either let Dallas or Alioski (I'd rather Dallas) play themselves in to form.
    Bamford does need a rest. Its been very poor by the club to not get another striker in quicker tbh

Alioski is a lb by trade so I'd go with him.

Dallas can be our Swiss Army Knife off the bench I guess

As soon as Nketiah was gone, they went for Che Adams and in parallel started looking at JKA. As soon as Adams was completley rejected, they had JKA in the bag within 4 days. I am not sure how much more quickly they could have moved.

Hypothetically, if we had got Adams quickly, would he have been on the bench last weekend? Probably not.

As soon as Nketiah was gone, they went for Che Adams and in parallel started looking at JKA. As soon as Adams was completley rejected, they had JKA in the bag within 4 days. I am not sure how much more quickly they could have moved.

Hypothetically, if we had got Adams quickly, would he have been on the bench last weekend? Probably not.

Should not have started the season with 2 recognized strikers in the first place, one unproven and one hit and miss Chsmpionship journeyman, if we were serious about automatic promotion

• Advertisement

Should not have started the season with 2 recognized strikers in the first place, one unproven and one hit and miss Chsmpionship journeyman, if we were serious about automatic promotion

This I agree with.

Maybe should have gone straight for Adams as soon as summer window opened. Southampton have deeper pockets though and don't have to worry about the P&S rules of the Championship.

Or held on to Roofe, although he was as hit and miss as Bambo.

its been known Nketiah has been going back since December.
    Surely you have contingencies. Did no one say in November "Hey lads, what if Arsenal want this kid back, what then?"

SAT 8TH FEBRUARY
    Nottingham Forest 17:30 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Football (17:00), Sky Sports Main Event (17:00)

TUE 11TH FEBRUARY
    Brentford 19:45 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Football - Red Button (19:40)

WED 26TH FEBRUARY
    Middlesbrough 19:45 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Action (19:40)

SAT 29TH FEBRUARY
    Hull City 12:30 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Football (12:00), Sky Sports Main Event (12:00)

Live fixtures for February folks

Echo the sentiments about keeping Roofe

He was starting to really buy into Bielsa's ideas

Oh well.

Saturday can't come soon enough lads

its been known Nketiah has been going back since December.
    Surely you have contingencies. Did no one say in November "Hey lads, what if Arsenal want this kid back, what then?"

I think the rules say that you cannot approach anyone until the window opens. So probably the contingency was Adams, then Gray, then Bowen, then "Victor ring around your European mates and see whats available".

The annoying things was that we used the money from the Roofe move to pay for Nketiah's loan fee. What a waste of money that was.

• Advertisement

Echo the sentiments about keeping Roofe

He was starting to really buy into Bielsa's ideas

Oh well.

Saturday can't come soon enough lads

I feel the opposite! ;)

I think the rules say that you cannot approach anyone until the window opens. So probably the contingency was Adams, then Gray, then Bowen, then "Victor ring around your European mates and see whats available".

The annoying things was that we used the money from the Roofe move to pay for Nketiah's loan fee. What a waste of money that was.

You'd have thought Bielsa could have called in a few favours, although I'd give Bielsa alot more credit than Orta for the JKA signing - JKA best pals with Benjamin Mendy who idolizes MB

Well there's the rules then what every single club does. You approach through an intermediary. I just thought we were a bit slow is all.

On a side note, I really dont think this new lad is going to do much for us. Nketia was incredibly highly rated but couldnt get in the team and when he did, he was just ok. This chaps goal record is pretty poor plus he's very young. Might prove me wrong but I think we should have pushed harder for Adams or went for Gayle. If we dont go up in the summer we will have to sell loads of players anyway, whats another one

I think one thing we have to bear in mind about Bamford is...he was a £7 mill purchase and he's playing at pretty much that level. Mitrovic cost 3 times that amount, Bowen is rated at £15-£20 mill. He's scored twice as much as Assombalonga and cost half as much. He's hardly a disaster.

I think one thing we have to bear in mind about Bamford is...he was a £7 mill purchase and he's playing at pretty much that level. Mitrovic cost 3 times that amount, Bowen is rated at £15-£20 mill. He's scored twice as much as Assombalonga and cost half as much. He's hardly a disaster.

No he’s not a disaster- he’s absolutely hopeless in front of goal, it’s staggering the chances he’s missed.

The fact he cost 7 million has nothing to do with it- Ollie Watkins cost just £1.8 million and has 19 goals this season. Likewise, Lewis Grabban cost a million less than Bamford and has 17 goals this term

Bielsa Presser

No JKA again :mad::mad::mad::mad:
    Marcelo Bielsa's pre Forest press conference is coming up from 12.30pm

At Thorp Arch for Bielsa's presser. Asked if this, Forest and Brentford away, is the most important stage of the season yet: "To play with opponents who are close to us in the table has another value. But points are always going to be important. The opponent doesn't matter.

Bielsa on Augustin's condition and when he might be involved. Promises a long answer: "Augustin in a player who can make a lot of impact. He has a lot of skills. You realise that from how much he cost and the teams he played for. But in the last 8 months he played 3 full matches" (FOR **** SAKE)

"when this happens, the conclusions about his fitness levels are clear. Would a player with the ability of Augustin would arrive to our club if he wasn't in the situation that he's in now? A player of his level, with his skills, if he's playing he could cost £30m or £40m."

"If he arrived here without us paying that money, it's because he has to resolve a problem - that he wasn't playing. His fitness performance is very important."

Now talking about Edmondson. Says his performances for the Under-23s "were never enough to be considered" for the first team. Then, in his last training session, he was excellent - but injured his knee and needed surgery

back to speaking about Nketiah again. Not letting this one go. And Jack Clarke. Bielsa says he sent a message to Clarke after his last 23s appearance to congratulate him for his display. "The next day he left Leeds."

"I'm confident in Augustin's ability. I believe he's a player with great skills. But in football, and even more in a league like the Championship, a player can't arrive and play without being at an ideal level."

this, essentially, sounds like a defence of his handling of loan players and an explanation for why he is taking his time with Augustin - because he'll use him when he feels it's right. "Players who arrive here are going to play if they're better than the players who are playing"

Bielsa on Edmondson's injury - says he pushed him hard in his last training session because he didn't realise that he had a knee problem. Says he pushed Edmondson hard because he was doing so well in that session, and making the impact Bielsa wanted

Bielsa: "If Augustin gets to 70 per cent of his skills, it is enough for him to play here. If he can only use 50 per cent of his skills then it is not enough. It's very easy to criticise Bamford because he misses chances but he scored 12 times. We shouldn't under-estimate him."

This answer (20 minutes so far) makes you realise how aware Bielsa has been of the debate about why Augustin hasn't featured yet. To sum it up - he's head coach and he uses players when he thinks they're ready.

Ridiculous signing then going off this. We needed a striker come in straight away so we signed someone who can't play. Logic.

Sorry Bielsa, but we needed a striker to hit the ground running. You've f**ked this one royally

Ludicrous statement really.

We can't convert our chances. Logic says we need a player who can convert. We sign a player who has barely played for 8 months and wont get into the team for at least a month based on the managers fitness requirements.

I'm starting to feel really pessimistic about our promotion chances.

Bad results in the next 3 matches could be the end of our season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Chin up lads. We're still well able to play any team off the park. Just need someone to start sticking in a few goals. Not just Bamford. Pablo, Costa, Klich and Harrison are all well able to score. Just need one or two of them to find some form and we'll be there or thereabouts. If Bielsa says JKA needs time then he'll work around it. He's turned Alioski into a (slightly mental) LB and Dallas into a CM without anyone really complaining. He might turn Meslier into our super striker yet!! Shackleton or Roberts coming in at 10 might be the injection of tempo we need too.

Ridiculous signing then going off this. We needed a striker come in straight away so we signed someone who can't play. Logic.

Sorry Bielsa, but we needed a striker to hit the ground running. You've f**ked this one royally

Not the fault of the board, to leave a signing to the last week? And for then said signing to be unfit?

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement