Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,994 ✭✭✭c.p.w.g.w

event wrote: »
    Even the equaliser?

Especially the equaliser :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I’ll take a draw right now, cooper scores, hardly from a corner ??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I’ll take a draw right now, cooper scores, hardly from a corner ??

It was a corner.

Their keeper came for ball and missed it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Good first half performance. Should be in front if it hadn't been for Kiko. Look so much better with Phillips in the team.

We can win this one.

Mushy wrote: »
    It was a corner.

Their keeper came for ball and missed it

Forest losing also, would be great to get out of there with a draw to be honest considering the meltdown we are having

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

In fairness Casilla howler aside Leeds the better side and playing quite well

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

We’ve been the better team

Bamford hasn’t touched it

Hopefully JKA about the 60th minute

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Forest losing too. Big second half ahead.

Unbelievable mistake from Kiko. He needs dropping.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

We’ve been the better team

Bamford hasn’t touched it

Hopefully JKA about the 60th minute
    How many times have we heard this and still lost? We are only the better team if we score more than the opposition. Kiko sould be given his cards for that blunder. He costs us game after game.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Need a win now saturday

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Kingp35 wrote: »
    Forest losing too. Big second half ahead.

Unbelievable mistake from Kiko. He needs dropping.

Hope they blow it up lively...draw isn't the worst result, but we've definitely lost our nice cushion at the top. 2-5th all within a hair again.

Championship is not good for the health

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Given recent form that's a very good result. Nice to see Captain Cooper playing the captains role.

That will do nicely, steady the ship.
    How did JK play when he came on ?

Much much better performance. Back to our solid defensive stuff. Should have taken first half chances and taken the full three points. Happy enough with the draw.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Will take a point. If got a win Saturday hopefully be the start of a run, I feel another one is due so hope itll happen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

I'll eat my sombrero if Casilla gets dropped. Isn't he our top earner? Wouldn't be surprised if his contract states that he starts every game.

We need the EFL to get their finger out and issue the ban.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

So frustrating. We played OK, Costa should have scored when he tamely shot at the keeper. The mistake from Casilla was crazy but not surprising and was nearly caught out again in the second half, but we reacted well other than those mishaps.

Why was so much play done on the actual sideline. So many throws, so many dribbles and overruns by Harrison and Costa leading to them being dispossessed so much. Why aren't we making more use of our subs? A fresh Shackleton would have been nice to see instead of a Klich who seems to tire every match into the last 20mins and commits silly fouls.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

How do you solve a problem like Casilla?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Keyzer wrote: »

331922.jpg

• Advertisement

maximoose wrote: »
    331922.jpg

Is it sarcasm if I have to say it was sarcasm?

https://www.leedsunited.com/news/team-news/26230/adam-forshaw-injury-update
    Following discussions with various experts, the decision has been made to send Adam Forshaw to the US to visit the Steadman Clinic in Colorado for hip surgery.

Adam will work with surgeon Dr Marc Philippon, known for performing joint preservation techniques utilising arthroscopic hip surgery to treat painful joint injury in high-level athletes who constantly use powerful hip rotation.

Knowing that surgery was likely to end his season, Forshaw and the medical team at Leeds United have explored every possible alternative action to try and get the influential midfielder back to fitness to help his team mates as we approach the final stage of the campaign.

Unfortunately all parties have now decided the time has come for Adam to go under the knife to allow him to return in time for pre-season.

You have to feel for the lad, really not having luck. We need to hope Kalvin keeps fit and disciplined for the rest of the season!

Hire a sniper

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

I dont like pointing out player poor performances but i can't help but remember being at the Derby playoff game last year.... he basically cost us promotion - at fault for 2-3 of the goals

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

1-1 is a decent result and a good performance to boot. More convinced now that Pablo is a bench player. He tries to play his heart out but just can't do it consistently any more. I agree with the comment about that EFL ban, if it's coming. Sure he offers some great quality saves at times but it's that's dreaded tendency to do really stupid things that has tipped the scales against him. I still expect to see him on the pitch on Saturday as Bielsa still needs convincing a change is needed. Another error-strewn day out might do that. He really just needs a break IMO. I'd also like to see more of Agustin but again a change ain't gonna come easily.

Just read an encouraging point

We have only one match left to play against the other 5 teams currently making up the top 6. All the others have at least 3, with Fulham having all 5 left to play.

I'll be cheering on Millwall (with vomit in my mouth), Stoke, Derby and Reading tonight...

Wonder what odds I'd get on an accumulator.

Forshaw :|
    Poor from the board not to replace him too, we should have gotten cover in at January

• Advertisement

I'll be cheering on Millwall (with vomit in my mouth), Stoke, Derby and Reading tonight...

Wonder what odds I'd get on an accumulator.

Fulham and WBA double is 9/2

Worth a tenner as it's win/win

Have a feeling we’ll see a monumental brain fart from League One Liam tonight

Benrahma and Watkins will fancy it big time

You were saying?

You were saying?

Benrahma scored and Cooper should never have played that back to Kiko.

As you were, there’s a good lad .........

In fairness, an under 10's goalkeeper would have controlled that pass from Cooper - absolute goalkeeping blunder.

Cooper got man of the match on Talksport.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

In fairness, an under 10's goalkeeper would have controlled that pass from Cooper - absolute goalkeeping blunder.

Cooper got man of the match on Talksport.

Probably should have been Kalvin but Cooper had a great game considering who we were up against.

Can't fault Liam for the back pass,that's the we've been playing since Bielsa's arrival.

Sad to say that's the last time we'll get to visit Griffin Park. Lovely little ground with a pub at each corner. One of the best away trips all season.

Kalvin was head and shoulders above anyone on the pitch last night.

I thought Klich was fantastic too and Harrison never stopped running

• Advertisement

Just watched coopers goal, White could of easily of been called for a push in the back of the keeper, phew

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Probably should have been Kalvin but Cooper had a great game considering who we were up against.

Can't fault Liam for the back pass,that's the we've been playing since Bielsa's arrival.

Sad to say that's the last time we'll get to visit Griffin Park. Lovely little ground with a pub at each corner. One of the best away trips all season.

Those pubs are a myth.; one year; the first pub, we cheered loudly at an Everton equaliser v Liverpool and they turfed everyone out, onto the next one and when we arrived some fans were singing we are Leeds, and they refused to serve, and then the third was shut completely. Ended up just going inside the ground, waste of time. Later that same day, that absolute nugget Cellino was inside the stand too for whatever reason....lost 0-2...what an awful day out that was.

Those pubs are a myth.; one year; the first pub, we cheered loudly at an Everton equaliser v Liverpool and they turfed everyone out, onto the next one and when we arrived some fans were singing we are Leeds, and they refused to serve, and then the third was shut completely. Ended up just going inside the ground, waste of time. Later that same day, that absolute nugget Cellino was inside the stand too for whatever reason....lost 0-2...what an awful day out that was.

I was at the Leeds game there last year, pubs seemed pretty fine to me but everyone has different expectations and experiences.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

I was at the Leeds game there last year, pubs seemed pretty fine to me but everyone has different expectations and experiences.

This is quite a few years back and I think maybe our first visit there for sometime, at least since the wild league one days so I suspect the boozers were on extreme 'Leeds-are-in-town' alert, I never returned after that so could be a completely different kettle of fish there now to when I was there.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

A ****show the last couple of months and we are still second.

Hopefully a good run of form comes our way soon.

Yeah the rest of the league have no nerve either it seems.
    A win Saturday is crucial though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Yeah the rest of the league have no nerve either it seems.
    A win Saturday is crucial though

To be in a position of being out of the playoffs on goal difference when we had an 11 point cushion a few weeks back is kind of annoying and ominous. Fulham, Preston and Brentford have the momentum. We don't.
    Unless we pull something amazing out of the bag, we are going nowhere.

We could do with WBA smashing Forest at the Hawthorns Saturday morning as we’re now playing for 2nd

Birmingham and Pep Clotet have done us favours in recent weeks beating Forest and Bristol City so hopefully that continues against Brentford

You’d expect Fulham to roll over Barnsley

I have no doubts in my mind that Bielsa will stick with the Same XI with maybe Poveda and Roberts making the bench ahead of Stevens and Strujik

Just had a look at the remaining 14 fixtures in the season - with the exception of Fulham (who we really have to beat), there is no reason why we shouldn't win 13 of the 14 matches.

We have the 'easiest' remaining fixtures out of the top 6 teams. Bristol this weekend who are on a good run of form but dont forget they lost 4-0 at home to Brentford earlier in the season. Some of the teams they've been playing of late are absolute pish too.

Win those 13 matches and we end on 95 pts. Norwich won the league last year with 94 pts.

Its up to the players now, they've shown their grit and played some fabulous football but they need to go out and kill the remaining teams, complete and unbridled ruthlessness.

Come on Leeds....

Here are the league standings at this time last season

1 Leeds United 32 18 7 7 61
    2 Norwich City 32 17 9 6 60
    3 Sheffield United 32 17 7 8 58
    4 West Brom 31 15 9 7 54
    5 Bristol City 31 15 8 8 53
    6 Middlesbrough 31 13 12 6 51
    7 Derby County 31 14 9 8 50

This year it's quite similar but apart from 1st place, from 2nd to 7th is even closer (albeit teams from 4-7 above had played a game less)
    1 West Brom 32 17 11 4 62
    2 Leeds United 32 16 8 8 56
    3 Fulham 32 16 8 8 56
    4 Brentford 32 16 6 10 54
    5 Nottm Forest 32 15 9 8 54
    6 Preston 32 15 8 9 53
    7 Bristol City 32 15 8 9 53

Given Sheff Utd got second spot on 89 last year (and by a clear 6 points in the end) and given a lot of the other 6 teams have to play each other quite a bit between now and the end of the season, I think a total of around 86 points would see us gain automatic promotion.
    That would mean 30 points from the remaining 42 possible points. So I think we're a long way from having to win every remaining match yet. That said, wouldn't it be nice if we could put a run together to put some bit of distance between us and 3rd again!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

I can't see us putting any sort of a run together. If they're gonna do it, it'll be League 1 promotion last day, down to 10 men, goal down before HT, heart attack style.

I can't see us putting any sort of a run together. If they're gonna do it, it'll be League 1 promotion last day, down to 10 men, goal down before HT, heart attack style.

Have faith...

#believe

We could do with WBA smashing Forest at the Hawthorns Saturday morning as we’re now playing for 2nd

Yep. I hope WBA win every game in the league now. We wont be catching them either way

Yep. I hope WBA win every game in the league now. We wont be catching them either way

Still a long way to go, they're only 6 points clear and have to play a lot of the other top teams. I wouldn't say they're in uncatchable territory yet at all!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement