Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Conversely Casilla could've had another nightmare against Brizzle and we'd be baying for blood.

It's not an ideal situation, but there is a good keeper there behind all the brainfarts and eccentricities. I'd rather be going into the final stretch with Casilla and Meslier than BPF or Wiedwald, put it that way

Yeah that was the risk.
    If there is a finding that he used racist language, I hope Bielsa and the club show him the door.
    I'd be a little disappointed in Bielsa if he plays him following any suspension.

TBH, no they shouldnt sack him. Cos there wont be definitive proof. Fernando Forestieri was found not guilty in a court of law yet he was banned by the FA anyway. There is a much lower burden of proof required by the FA. So its not a case that found guilty by the FA, should be sacked. Not at all IMO

event wrote: »
    TBH, no they shouldnt sack him. Cos there wont be definitive proof. Fernando Forestieri was found not guilty in a court of law yet he was banned by the FA anyway. There is a much lower burden of proof required by the FA. So its not a case that found guilty by the FA, should be sacked. Not at all IMO

There would be a finding that he used racist language.

The fact that the usual proof applied, and not the higher standard of criminal trials in common law countries, would not make it any less valid. There may be any number of reasons why it's not tested in that forum (I'm not sure a complaint was made to the police). But findings in tribunals, enquiries, workplace hearings, family law cases, civil cases and FA hearings are not somehow invalid or of less merit because they all use a standard of proof that is not used in criminal cases.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

It's a bullsh*t charge anyways

He told Berardi to 'Mark the black lad'

Hardly racist

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He told Berardi to 'Mark the black lad'

Just hearsay, no? Seen that on reddit a few times but never any source

Anyway - we'll have an outcome tomorrow apparently

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/1230072524366585861?s=19

maximoose wrote: »
    Just hearsay, no? Seen that on reddit a few times but never any source

Anyway - we'll have an outcome tomorrow apparently

https://twitter.com/apopey/status/1230072524366585861?s=19

'Kick the black lad' seems more likely knowing Berardi

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Don't all black athletes refer to themselves as "black" ? To me, it's a descriptive term rather than something in any way derogatory.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

It feels like the EFL left it this long so he would be banned for the last 12 games of the season.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

blaa85 wrote: »
    It feels like the EFL left it this long so he would be banned for the last 12 games of the season.

Will come back and bite them in the ass when Meslier gets 5 assists on our way up. Like the madness of the Championship, know that VAR will be an absolute pain at times but if we go up I will be really glad to be away from that shambles of an organisation. Shaun Harvey gets a £500k payoff to make it £1m salary for his final year while Bury go under and others struggle to survive with chancers and vultures allowed run clubs. Hopefully be giving them the finger in the rearview mirror come May!

championc wrote: »
    Don't all black athletes refer to themselves as "black" ? To me, it's a descriptive term rather than something in any way derogatory.

Exactly - it's descriptive.

It would be like us getting arsey if someone on the opposition said 'mark the posh fanny with the public school haircut' referring to Paddy

Nah lads, that is racist. Using the colour of someone's skin to describe them.

If that's what he said he's ****ed IMO

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Rubbish, you are not giving a considered opinion on what you think about a person, you're trying to marshall your box during a frenetic phase of the game

Mark the black lad
    Mark the lanky lad
    Mark the ginger lad
    Mark the ugly lad
    Mark the baldy lad

etc. etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

You really couldn't imagine any authority taking a case against someone saying "mark the white guy". If it was what was said, it should not have been but really not in the same ball park as the naked and abusive comments from crowds. Judging by the standards of justice doled out by the FA/EFL it looks likely to be a ban. I'd also say there's a language influence, not in the sense of poor language skills, but in Spanish there are many casual expressions that start with "the -" blond, fat one, granny, black(could be hair or skin colour)etc. .

Rubbish, you are not giving a considered opinion on what you think about a person, you're trying to marshall your box during a frenetic phase of the game

Mark the black lad
    Mark the lanky lad
    Mark the ginger lad
    Mark the ugly lad
    Mark the baldy lad

etc. etc.

And

Mark the white lad !!!

There's a real possibility that complaints are made buy others, when the person towards which the comment was directed, couldn't care less, or could actually disagree with those reporting it.

It's just the PC world gone mad

Ah seriously folks, while I appreciate the issue nay be nuanced, saying "black" has the exact same connotations as "white" or "bald"...I mean, where does one even start?

It's not. It's not remotely alike. There is a reason that invoking akin colour became an issue. Black is the colour of monkeys, of animals, of a people that we depicted as being unable to govern themselves and needed colonisation and slavery. There are a host of words that are inappropriate when it comes to skin colour, even nouns like "boy" that may be fine in the context of white or ginger people.

Anyway, I'd await the outcome.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

And

Mark the white lad !!!

d

If the majority of players in the box were black "mark the white lad" is not racist

'chico negro' is black guy/black lad

Loud stadium, emotions running high, Leko could have thought he heard the 'n' word

Just saying, would be easy to take it up wrong

Just find it hard to believe Kiko is racist - that same game Roberts, Costa, Phillips and Nketiah - all of black ethnicity to some degree - all played - could you really see them wanting to be on the same team as him if that was the case

'Loud stadium, emotions running high, Leko could have thought he heard the 'n' word

Just saying, would be easy to take it up wrong

Wasn't it Bellusci or Bianchi who was accused a few years ago and they had used negro in a legitimate context ?

Wasn't it Bellusci or Bianchi who was accused a few years ago and they had used negro in a legitimate context ?

He didn't use the word "negro". It was accepted he said "nero" meaning a black eye.

Worlds gone mad

We can have MOBO awards- music of black origin- imagine us trying to have MOWO awards

There’d be f*cking murder

• Advertisement

There is nothing racist about "Mark the black player" imo.

Looking back at the lineups from that day, who the fúck would he have been speaking Spanish to anyway :pac:

Pre Reading press conference.

Same squad, which likely means same starting 11

Worlds gone mad

We can have MOBO awards- music of black origin- imagine us trying to have MOWO awards

There’d be f*cking murder

If you're upset that, after centuries of suppression, black music and black artists are celebrated and white music doesn't get the same support, fair enough. The MOBOs have been around since the 1990s, in the previous decade MTV had a policy of not even showing black artists.

Either way, I completely fail to see what it has to do with Leeds United.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Hopefully a solid win tomorrow. Please, no more stress/heart attach inducing stuff!! EFL will probably announce their conclusions 15 mins before kick off.

Hopefully a solid win tomorrow. Please, no more stress/heart attach inducing stuff!! EFL will probably announce their conclusions 15 mins before kick off.

Every time this thread is bumped, everyone will open it expecting to read about a decision...

Fulham losing at Derby

Shrek you beautiful granny shagging bastard

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Fulham losing at Derby

Shrek you beautiful granny shagging bastard

Well done on jinxing that one

• Advertisement

Leeds record over the past 5 games is the same as Fulham and Forest and 1 point worse than Brentford. Preston and Bristol were closing the gap but both lost the last game. It's a real war of attrition.

Mushy wrote: »
    Well done on jinxing that one

2 points dropped

Their next 5 games are

Swansea
    Preston
    Bristol
    Brentford
    Us

They’ll be lucky to make the playoffs as things stand

Only we can stop us getting autos

Brentford now at 2-2, that's unfortunate!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

is_that_so wrote: »
    Brentford now at 2-2, that's unfortunate!

Was watching some of the second half, Brentford got a soft penalty but in fairness they were all over Blackburn, draw us still very good for us

Emma looking pretty fantastic on LUTV....
    We should really win this game but god only knows what will happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Was watching some of the second half, Brentford got a soft penalty but in fairness they were all over Blackburn, draw us still very good for us

Blackburn also got a soft penalty in fairness.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

I actually think a draw suits us better than Blackburn winning. Had they won they'd be in a playoff spot, and there's enough teams in the hunt for promotion places as it is without adding to it. The most important thing was for Brentford not to win.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Another one of those games. Reading have had the best chance so far. Kiko nearly cost us again.

Calvin off injuried, alioski on, I don’t get the reshuffling of the team with this sub, I don’t think it works, why not just bring on a straight swap for Calvin

Calvin off injuried, alioski on, I don’t get the reshuffling of the team with this sub, I don’t think it works, why not just bring on a straight swap for Calvin

Thought it was a bit overcomplicated myself, but we have really improved since the sub!

Pretty poor game, we have had a few decent chances but so have Reading on the counter
    Bamford hasn’t had a sniff, game needs a bit of life, up the tempo a bit

Fantastic goal by Pablo

How Bamford hasn’t been subbed yet is beyond me, it’s not that he has played bad or anything but just not involved, no fault of his own, surely a fresh option up front of JK around the 70min mark is what should be done, very frustrating, especially since Bamford does a lot of closing down and pressing

Happy days! Out to a 5 point gap!

I don't think we have a direct replacement for Phillips sure

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

Jaysis my heart, those 1 nils will be the death of me, good man kiko at the end

I don't think we have a direct replacement for Phillips sure

Yea, I get that but a slight reshuffle of midfield would make more sense to me, That position doesn’t seem to suit White, he is so much better and comfortable at CB, game seems to pass him by at DM

We nearly threw that away in the final seconds, good save by Kiko

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Delighted with the win. Phillip's out(assuming he will be) will be massive. At least it's not during games against others around us

Jaysis my heart, those 1 nils will be the death of me, good man kiko at the end

Yeah fair play to him, I had thought the worst.

Hopefully Shackleton is the Phillips replacement- hate the thought of White at DMF again

Hopefully Shackleton is the Phillips replacement- hate the thought of White at DMF again

Yep, I sound like a broken record but White playing there drives me crazy.
    I find it a little strange to be so rigid with that formation so when a player gets injured you put a player in that direct position, some positions on a team are unique to the players we have, playing White there seems unnecessary in my opinion
    We should of put Reading away today by a bigger comfort level, they weren’t up to much in all fairness and we nearly threw it away
    Charlie Adam looked like a Sunday league player when he came on, carrying a few extra pounds I’d say

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

blaa85 wrote: »
    Yeah fair play to him, I had thought the worst.

I thought they’d thrown it away when Reading broke into the box at the end. Very nervy.

We know it'll be white though

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Just saw a picture on Twitter of Kiko with a couple of fingers strapped together. There's a suggestion he may have broken them during the match. Nothing confirmed though.

• Advertisement

Seems like there's something to it, given Meslier was out warming up at half time and at the final whistle Bielsa went and found Kiko to give him a handshake.

Hope nothing too serious

Kalvin said on twitter he just had a dead calf so hopefully not a long lay off, if any

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement