Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

This time last season Leeds had more points...but were in 3rd place and behind the 2 teams that would get promoted. The 5 points back to 3rd is huge cushion.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Results have definitely gone our way the last two weeks, and having the cushion back up to five points is massive. Big game away to Boro on Wednesday, especially as a couple of the other teams around us have winnable games.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

You've got to feel that players themselves know how much they've played their "get out of jail free" card, especially with a sudden 5 point gap, and will know that they're not likely to get the same present again. They'll also have the "don't fook it up again" feeling.

I think this year that they will ultimately be better prepared to cope with the pressure

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

2 very winnable games this week, boro in disarray and Hull not much better..... Mad league but I'll be disappointed with anything less than 6 points

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

2 very winnable games this week, boro in disarray and Hull not much better..... Mad league but I'll be disappointed with anything less than 6 points

Same...

Was at the boro game back in November and they were utterly dreadful (not to take away from Leeds who were excellent and thumped them) - they look even worse now, its incredible Woody still has a job given the expectations on a club like boro.

Hull, after selling Bowen, are in disarray also.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Keyzer wrote: »
    Same...

Was at the boro game back in November and they were utterly dreadful (not to take away from Leeds who were excellent and thumped them) - they look even worse now, its incredible Woody still has a job given the expectations on a club like boro.

Think Boro will happy just to survive and are likely to keep him.

Keyzer wrote: »
    Same...

They had a great run in December, winning 4 including away at Preston and West Brom, then had good results v Spurs, a lot of draws since and 2 bad results recently.

In short, they are exactly the sort of club that may have no difficulty getting a point or 3 against Leeds...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Hopefully Shackleton is the Phillips replacement- hate the thought of White at DMF again

Would have agreed with this previously but bizarrely we looked more secure after Kalvin went off with White playing there. First half hour they seemed to run through the middle at will but second half they were kept out wide most of the time. Not necessarily as a direct result of the switch I suppose, but we just looked a little safer as the game went on.

That young lad at 8 for them,Andy Rinomhota looks a decent player.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

This week needs to be 6 points, nothing less. Both on TV too

WED 26TH FEBRUARY
    Middlesbrough 19:45 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Action (19:40)

SAT 29TH FEBRUARY
    Hull City 12:30 Leeds United
    Championship, Sky Sports Football (12:00), Sky Sports Main Event (12:00)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

"Hull haven't had a shot all game but here they come on the counter. Malik Wilks is put through against his old club but it's a poor shot straight at Casilla.... who fumbles and Wilks sticks away a last minute winner!!!"

:P:P:P Fully agree on the 6 points too but never feel confident in us doing it.

• Advertisement

That young lad at 8 for them,Andy Rinomhota looks a decent player.

And a Leeds lad I think!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

We were linked with Rinomhota before Xmas, Orta has his eye on him. Didn't do his reputation any harm on Saturday!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Hopefully Agents Woodgate and Keane rollover to have their bellies tickled

Says a lot about Boro that they have been playing Jonny Howson as a 3rd centre half and Adam Clayton out wide

I'm thinking about booking flights for the Barnsley game on April 18th. I know the game can change for Sky up until March 20th but am worried flights would go up before then. We play on Good Friday and Easter Monday the weekend before this so would it be safe to rule out us being moved to a Friday evening game? Flights are early Sat to late Sun so wouldn't care what time it was either of those days if moved. Would that sound safe enough to others here?

Also I'd like help to get tickets. I've two memberships linked for me and my mate but we're bringing the partners so can we link up two more memberships if two people here offered to help? I know it'll be a complete lottery trying to get 4 tickets when they go on sale but will worry about that at the time. Can obv help with membership link in return if someone is going to a different game.

I'm thinking about booking flights for the Barnsley game on April 18th. I know the game can change for Sky up until March 20th but am worried flights would go up before then. We play on Good Friday and Easter Monday the weekend before this so would it be safe to rule out us being moved to a Friday evening game? Flights are early Sat to late Sun so wouldn't care what time it was either of those days if moved. Would that sound safe enough to others here?

Also I'd like help to get tickets. I've two memberships linked for me and my mate but we're bringing the partners so can we link up two more memberships if two people here offered to help? I know it'll be a complete lottery trying to get 4 tickets when they go on sale but will worry about that at the time. Can obv help with membership link in return if someone is going to a different game.

Main possibility would be a 12:30 on Security Advice. Mind you, Hudders game in 2 weeks wasn't moved.

PM Sent - Enjoy

Flying into East Midlands for the Huddersfield game , land at 9.05 and need to get to Nottingham by 10.15 to catch a bus to Leeds , anyone know the best way to get to Nottingham? Taxi Quoting me €50 for a 25 min journey :eek:

Flying into East Midlands for the Huddersfield game , land at 9.05 and need to get to Nottingham by 10.15 to catch a bus to Leeds , anyone know the best way to get to Nottingham? Taxi Quoting me €50 for a 25 min journey :eek:

Public transport looks like it'd be very tight on time. Uber looks to be £20-27 on their estimate link. (Any link to Uber brings you to their homepage, search "uber price estimate" and you'll find the link there. I searched East Midlands Airport to Nottingham Coach Station for that price)

Public transport looks like it'd be very tight on time. Uber looks to be £20-27 on their estimate link. (Any link to Uber brings you to their homepage, search "uber price estimate" and you'll find the link there. I searched East Midlands Airport to Nottingham Coach Station for that price)

Never thought of Uber , thanks mate !

From memory, the bus takes 30 mins and drops you right outside the station. I think the bus leaves at 09:30.

I know plenty more on that flight, so you'll have no shortage in numbers prepared to share a taxi, if you go for that, if time got tight.

EDIT: Busses at 09:08 arr 09:46 and 09:28 arr 10:06

championc wrote: »
    From memory, the bus takes 30 mins and drops you right outside the station. I think the bus leaves at 09:30.

I know plenty more on that flight, so you'll have no shortage in numbers prepared to share a taxi, if you go for that, if time got tight.

EDIT: Busses at 09:08 arr 09:46 and 09:28 arr 10:06

I have no problem sharing a taxi if anyone has room , I'm meeting the Nottingham whites for the bus up to Leeds so dont want to keep them waiting!:pac:

I could not find a decent bus timetable all morning , can i ask where you're getting the above times? Thanks

• Advertisement

I have no problem sharing a taxi if anyone has room , I'm meeting the Nottingham whites for the bus up to Leeds so dont want to keep them waiting!:pac:

I could not find a decent bus timetable all morning , can i ask where you're getting the above times? Thanks

Into Google, I simply typed bus from east Midlands airport to derby. I think the bus is a Skylink service

championc wrote: »
    Into Google, I simply typed bus from east Midlands airport to derby. I think the bus is a Skylink service

I might see a problem here.....:D

Skylink was the right idea tho, found this timetable and looks like if you made the 9.20 bus from departures area it still doesn't get to Nottingham until after 10.15.

https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/services/skylinknottingham/timetable

I might see a problem here.....:D

Skylink was the right idea tho, found this timetable and looks like if you made the 9.20 bus from departures area it still doesn't get to Nottingham until after 10.15.

https://www.trentbarton.co.uk/services/skylinknottingham/timetable

Yea think ill have to bite the bullet and get a taxi /uber

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Just watching the Forest game. Cardiff are crap. Why can't they play like they did at Elland Road?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Just watching the Forest game. Cardiff are crap. Why can't they play like they did at Elland Road?

Leeds are every other team's cup final

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 5,016 Mod ✭✭✭✭GoldFour4

Brentford lose to Luton. A win tomorrow night and gap increase to 6 points to 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Yep, apart from Forest winning tonight - those other results were very good for us.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Brentford lose to Luton. A win tomorrow night and gap increase to 6 points to 3rd.

Unless Fulham win. Hoping Swansea grab a point at least.

I'm glad Brentford are dropping off with their goal difference. Wouldn't mind if we bumped ours up with a couple tonight!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Just wtf is going on with Kiko, a week later and still nothing. Have to think if it was a guilty verdict though it would have been announced by now?

We should be too much for Boro tonight, but you never know. Hopefully Swansea do us a favour too.

• Advertisement

I'd love to see us go out and hockey Mboro by 3 or 4 goals.

They are all over the place but who knows, Leeds can find a banana skin anywhere.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I know it's tempting fate, and The Gods of Football (oh yes, they exist), but I keep thinking that we're about to go nuts one of these days and dish out a couple of hammerings. And where better to start than against Village's Boro?

Of all the chasing pack, I think Forest are the most dangerous. They seem to have a consistency the others lack.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

I don't think any of them are consistent. Forests' last 6 results are LWLDDW. That said, we're far from consistent either - our one advantage is the buffer we built up in the first half of the season.

davedanon wrote: »
    I know it's tempting fate, and The Gods of Football (oh yes, they exist), but I keep thinking that we're about to go nuts one of these days and dish out a couple of hammerings. And where better to start than against Village's Boro?

Agreed - hopefully that starts tonight.

Hammer time...

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    I don't think any of them are consistent. Forests' last 6 results are LWLDDW. That said, we're far from consistent either - our one advantage is the buffer we built up in the first half of the season.

Yeah, I think it's a case of me noticing a couple of occasions where they (Forest) seemed able to squeak 1-0 wins despite not being all that.

• Advertisement

All we have to do is mind our own form. The chasing pack are all pretty poor in terms of consistency and I don't see any of them winning 80%+ of their remaining games. If we just get JKA or the Jon Bon Jovi inspired Patrick Bamford to kick into gear we'll sail to promotion. Never happens that way with Leeds though.

https://twitter.com/talkSPORT/status/1232614533140750337?s=20

Hmmm....score and you get paid. I think JBJ might be a genius.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Hi Everyone - posted previously about the possibility of getting some membership codes for the Luton game.

Basically, for my stag there are 12 of us going. We have 9 memberships atm so short 3 and I think tickets should be on sale this week or Monday next week.

Would really appreciate it if you could spare code or two just for the Luton game. Will be happy to return the favour sometime.

Thanks

rduggy wrote: »
    Hi Everyone - posted previously about the possibility of getting some membership codes for the Luton game.

Basically, for my stag there are 12 of us going. We have 9 memberships atm so short 3 and I think tickets should be on sale this week or Monday next week.

Would really appreciate it if you could spare code or two just for the Luton game. Will be happy to return the favour sometime.

Thanks

Did I send you my details?

rduggy wrote: »

Thanks

I'll swap as looking for one for the Barnsley game. PMing you now.

• Advertisement

Crap, no Phillips tonight: Berardi comes in, so I assume that means White plays in Phillips' position.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Yep

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Oh, it's one of those refs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

Another dreadful miss by Bamford

Another dreadful miss by Bamford
    Bamford does a Robbie Keane. Blasts it with his eyes closed. Never thinks to place it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,147 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Great finish.

1:0

What a great goal, we're in total control here

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

When explaining to the mother in law that your 3 day old daughter doesn't like sudden loud noises is not the time to hear Klich opened the scoring.

So worth it!

Leeds take their foot off the accelerator again. Boro nearly score.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement