Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

I’d love to see Big Kev come on soon to give him some proper playing time.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

Hate to be the bearer of bad news...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 420 ✭✭Pandiani

He's not on the bench

I didn’t realise he wasn’t on the bench 🙈🙈

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I would like to retract my previous post about being in total control.... Blow it up ref (if you actually have a whistle)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

Leeds are handing it to Boro on a plate currently.

Why is it the same every game? Holding on for dear life to a slender 1 nil lead.... so bloody stressful following this club!!!

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Why is it the same every game? Holding on for dear life to a slender 1 nil lead.... so bloody stressful following this club!!!

Yep, this is torture.

It’s not even funny anymore how bad Bamford is...if we get promoted he still will be the number 1 striker!!

• Advertisement

My nerves can't take many more of these games!

Job done, forget it and move on.

****ing Fulham

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Just when I thought it was another great night of results Fulham score in the last minute. Still at least we got our three points.
    We were far from good tonight, very much a job done but no more than that. Jesus how did Paddy miss that chance! I thought Costa was quite good, better than I've seen from him. We really do miss Phillips when he's out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

Happy days, 3 wins on the trot, lets keep it going for another 3 or 4 and we'd be in great shape

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,043 ✭✭✭iseegirls

Another great win. Would love a relaxing 3-0 win though at times, but will take it.

On another note, I felt like I was listening to Boro Fan TV commentary on Sky Sports. The bias against Leeds was crazy.

iseegirls wrote: »
    Another great win. Would love a relaxing 3-0 win though at times, but will take it.

On another note, I felt like I was listening to Boro Fan TV commentary on Sky Sports. The bias against Leeds was crazy.

I watched it on LUTV. The bias towards us was hilarious. :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Would love a comfortable win, but would love to ****house each and every game 1-0 too

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

It’s not even funny anymore how bad Bamford is...if we get promoted he still will be the number 1 striker!!

I feel sorry for him now. He needs a test, to be taken out of the spotlight. He knows he will be getting slated, I'd say he craps himself when a chance comes his way

I know he wasn't on tonight but I don't think Don Goodman likes us, always seems very negative to us when he's on

Big Kev is out for Saturday also �� how come Poveda is not making the squad? Another cup final on Saturday!!

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

It was worse than any I've heard, there should be a mute commentary but keep crowd/pitch sounds option - for all televised sport too.

They sounded aggrieved to not be spaffing themselves over the scousers as usual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

event wrote: »
    I feel sorry for him now. He needs a test, to be taken out of the spotlight. He knows he will be getting slated, I'd say he craps himself when a chance comes his way
    He seems to have some support amongst fans, which is good, but he can't keep missing opportunities. I don't know if a rest will even do it, as he's such a streaky scorer anyway. If everything works out as hoped he'll do well to be on the bench next season. Even without promotion there has to be a more reliable goal scorer to call on.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Another good win, much nervier second half than the last two though

Fulham the jammy pricks getting the luck of atrocious EFL refereeing, just gotta keep taking care of our own business. They've 3 tough matches next followed by us at Elland road. As long as we don't shít the bed in the next 3 we could have a decent gap by the time we face them.

Bamford - I don't know any more. I want him so bad to do well, he does everything else so well except finishing. Granted I think the header was the only real big chance he had last night. Seems JKA could be out a couple of weeks anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

maximoose wrote: »
    Granted I think the header was the only real big chance he had last night.
    Or the chance from twelve inches out that he popped into the keepers hands? Alright so it took a touch from Shotton but any decent striker would have positioned themselves better to be able to react to such a touch. It was a shocking miss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Bamford - I don't know any more. I want him so bad to do well, he does everything else so well except finishing. Granted I think the header was the only real big chance he had last night. Seems JKA could be out a couple of weeks anyway.

He had a chance in the second half that a paralysed Stevie Wonder would have put away. Works his ass off but he's dreadful in front of goal.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He could do nothing about that. Shotton hit it, hit off Bamfords hip and into the keeper. He was where he should have been, it was a poor pass from Ayling tbh

He could do nothing about that. Shotton hit it, hit off Bamfords hip and into the keeper. He was where he should have been, it was a poor pass from Ayling tbh

No excuses, he could have "mickeyed" it in... :p:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Missed Phillips last night, as an outlet and also defensively. Hope he's back on Saturday, but sounds doubtful.

Bamford may just need any sort of goal going in off his arse/mickey (!) to get going again. And you'd think that would be more likely during our current run of fixtures against lower-half teams. Or a rest, but we don't seem to have a credible alternative either, e.g. fit JKA, Roberts not made of biscuits. Until one or the other happens, we're all suffering!

Leeds winning 3 in a row, West Brom winning 5 out of 6, both coping admirably with the fact that their top scorers sit on 12 and 10 goals respectively...

Leeds winning 3 in a row, West Brom winning 5 out of 6, both coping admirably with the fact that their top scorers sit on 12 and 10 goals respectively...

Saw some comment saying all other clubs must laugh at leeds when they see Bamford coming up against them.

I count 22 teams who would love to be in Leeds position right now, so I dont think many will be laughing too much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

I agree that Bamford could do nothing about that chance from point-blank range. It looked a certain goal, but the defender got something on it and it hit bamford and looped into the keeper's hands. Rather than lambasting Bamford for that - and he should have bloody well scored from the free header - it looked like just another example of this uncanny habit other teams have of defending like heroes against us. 99 out of 100 teams would have scored from that 2nd Bamford chance, but not us. Think of Arsenal's goal against us in the Cup. When you watch it back from behind the goal, it looks far more likely not to go in at all, but no, in it went. If we'd had that chance it would have been saved.

• Advertisement

Re Bamfords chance , nothing he could do , took a deflection and just hit him , if you actually watch the move back his movement was superb so I cant fault him.

His goals will come!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Re Bamfords chance , nothing he could do , took a deflection and just hit him , if you actually watch the move back his movement was superb so I cant fault him.

His goals will come!

Statistically they won't though. He's scored 76 league goals in 157 games. He's never been a twenty goal a season type striker and that's what we desperately need given all the chances we are creating.

Yet we keep giving out about him, when its something he has never been able to do

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Interesting statistic from LUFCDATA on twitter.

Minutes per goal conceded with Pat on the pitch - 134

Minutes per goal conceded without Pat on the pitch - 47

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Interesting statistic from LUFCDATA on twitter.

Minutes per goal conceded with Pat on the pitch - 134

Minutes per goal conceded without Pat on the pitch - 47

Sure we were 3 up against Cardiff, Bamford went off and we conceded 3. Mad stuff altogether. In a way, he's the best defender out there that plays up front.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

Bamford will be bombed out of Leeds when we go up

Would expect something like Bamford plus cash for one of the relegated teams strikers - Pukki anyone?

There'll always be a queue for journeyman Championship strikers (see Jordan Rhodes, Cameron Jerome, Danny Graham et al)

I say journeyman, Bamford is still only 26 yet has played for NINE different clubs

It's gonna be hilarious when we look back in years to come regarding the quality strikers we had like Beckford, Becchio, Somma, McCormack and Wood yet it was the worst of the lot who led the line that took us to promotion

It's gonna be hilarious when we look back in years to come regarding the quality strikers we had like Beckford, Becchio, Somma, McCormack and Wood yet it was the worst of the lot who led the line that took us to promotion

Loved Beckford and Becchio - sad to see those guys go...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Antennuci and Lasogga were probably better finishers than Bamford too, but Lasogga would probably die after a murderball session

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Bamford will be bombed out of Leeds when we go up

Would expect something like Bamford plus cash for one of the relegated teams strikers - Pukki anyone?

There'll always be a queue for journeyman Championship strikers (see Jordan Rhodes, Cameron Jerome, Danny Graham et al)

I say journeyman, Bamford is still only 26 yet has played for NINE different clubs

I think you may have inadvertently typed "when" where you meant to type "if". ;)

• Advertisement

Keyzer wrote: »
    Loved Beckford and Becchio - sad to see those guys go...

I don't think Becchio would have flourished in the Championship in a 2

Beckford leaving allowed us to play Becchio up top and Snodgrass-Howson-Kilkenny-Johnson-Gradel in behind

Antennuci and Lasogga were probably better finishers than Bamford too, but Lasogga would probably die after a murderball session

Antenucci was symptomatic of the toxicity at boardroom level - brought in as a McCormack replacement - what a **** time that was - that season we went through Antenucci, Doukara, Noel Hunt, Billy Sharp, Steve Morison, Edgar Cani and Habib Habibou up front

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Given Bielsa's loyalty, IF we managed to get promotion, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed only 3 or 4 players and sold none.

Given Bielsa's loyalty, IF we managed to get promotion, I wouldn't be surprised if we signed only 3 or 4 players and sold none.

And 2 of those would be Harrison and White

We are committed to signing Costa for £15m.
    We are committed to signing JKA for £18m
    We can sign harrison for £8m.
    Meslier will be signed, supposedly £5m

Thats at least £46m just to keep our current squad

We will need to replace White. He's brightons best defender tbh. If they stay up they'll want him, if go down we wont afford him.
    We will need to replace Forshaw. Need a new body in here.
    We will need to replace Berardi. Leaving in the summer, no new deal yet.

This is not even considering that a lot of our players probably arent good enough for the PL.

There wont be a whole pile of 'new signings'.
    I can also see Radrizzani wanting to sell us pretty quickly if we get to the PL tbh. If that were to happen, he wont want to commit much money on players himsellf when he wont get it back.

If he doesnt sell us, I wouldnt be confident that they can sign the right people either, it took us ages to get in a striker when we knew the first week of December we'd probably need one.

EDIT: Christ that reads very doom and gloom :)

If do go up, the squad ain't nearly good enough for pl. Hello, I wouldn't put the squad as top 5/6 in league, but as a unit they work so well and so are deservedly right in the mix (again).

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    If do go up, the squad ain't nearly good enough for pl. Hello, I wouldn't put the squad as top 5/6 in league, but as a unit they work so well and so are deservedly right in the mix (again).

The squad will need strengthening, but they did play Arsenal off the park for 45 minutes. They'll do just fine in the Prem, as long we get a decent striker in.

And if Ben White is Brighton's best defender, why did they loan him to us? I hope we make a credible effort to sign him permanently next year.

davedanon wrote: »
    The squad will need strengthening, but they did play Arsenal off the park for 45 minutes. They'll do just fine in the Prem, as long we get a decent striker in.

45 minutes in a one off match wouldn't be a barometer for me, itd be far harder as they wouldn't be able to keep up that intensity week in week out imo.

45 minutes in a one off match wouldn't be a barometer for me, itd be far harder as they wouldn't be able to keep up that intensity week in week out imo.

Mate, are you even a fan? They've been playing at this tempo twice a week all season. 46 League games. The Prem is a doddle by comparison.

davedanon wrote: »
    Mate, are you even a fan? They've been playing at this tempo twice a week all season. 46 League games. The Prem is a doddle by comparison.

The standard is far above what they currently play at though. Arsenal were comfortable in that second half too. With investment it would obviously be different, but I'd say a lot of it would be needed.

The standard is far above what they currently play at though. Arsenal were comfortable in that second half too. With investment it would obviously be different, but I'd say a lot of it would be needed.

Well, no, as the first half performance showed. And promotion to the Prem obviously implies more money and investment. Leeds are the last big, one-city club left out there. The existing squad alone, plus one decent striker (which might be Big Kev), would survive comfortably in the Prem, imo.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement