Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

davedanon wrote: »
    Well, no, as the first half performance showed. And promotion to the Prem obviously implies more money and investment. Leeds are the last big, one-city club left out there. The existing squad alone, plus one decent striker (which might be Big Kev), would survive comfortably in the Prem, imo.

But that's my point, one half in a one off game wouldn't indicate to me what theyd do over a full league season.

I feel a lb, CB (maybe 2 needed), 2 bodies in middle of the park (maybe 3, Hernandez age would be a concern, he cant be that class for too many more years), striker assuming Big Kev ain't the answer.

The pessimism is well and truly evident, but theyd be the positions I'd feel we would lack in pl quality

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

There’s no obligation to sign Augustin like their is with Costa

I wouldn’t want him either- his attitude stinks, Bielsa was lumbered with him after we wouldn’t pony up for Che Adams.

Costs I’d be confident of making the step up. Shackleton is a good enough replacement for Forshaw and we still have McAllmont, Bogusz and Gotts coming through.

Nail down Costa, Harrison and White as a matter of urgency.

Maybe pillage someone off Brentford.

Don’t forget that our players values will sky rocket when we go up- Casilla, Alioski, Dallas, Bamford, Roberts etc all become £10 million players

There’s no obligation to sign Augustin like their is with Costa

I wouldn’t want him either- his attitude stinks, Bielsa was lumbered with him after we wouldn’t pony up for Che Adams.

I'm lost.

3 weeks ago you wanted him straight into the team and the only reason changes weren't being made was because Bielsa ("the Nutty Professor") was too stubborn. In fact the excitement was so great that, weirdly, posts celebrated the size of his penis.

And now - when I presumed he might be regaining fitness - you don't want him at the club at all?

Have I missed some news in the meantime?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Yeah, I was wondering who was being referred to. We've barely seen Big Kev, and certainly not as a fully Bielsa-fit player.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Who knows how we will perform in the Premiership. Norwich were better than us last season and look how they are faring. On the other hand Sheff Utd are flying and I think we are a better outfit than them! Our only concern right now is that we're actually in the Premiership next season.
    As for Big Kev, no idea how anyone can write him off given he hasn't actually had a chance yet!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

Lets just get there first then we can worry :pac:

Can't see us hanging on to White anyway sadly, too much interest

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Who knows how we will perform in the Premiership. Norwich were better than us last season and look how they are faring. On the other hand Sheff Utd are flying and I think we are a better outfit than them! Our only concern right now is that we're actually in the Premiership next season.
    As for Big Kev, no idea how anyone can write him off given he hasn't actually had a chance yet!
    Norwich depended far too much on one player who was lethal at Championship level but has been very ordinary at PL, 29 v 11 goals. They also didn't really spend. Sheffield have a decent team who have performed consistently but also beaten the lower teams almost every time and nicked points off some of the bigger ones in what is a pretty poor league this season.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

maximoose wrote: »
    Can't see us hanging on to White anyway sadly, too much interest

It's all part of the ups and down of Loans. He was an absolute unknown (to us) when he came to us. He's at least doubled in value - so his sucess with us has cost us the potential possibility of buying him outright. Mind you, Brighton obviously had enough confidence in him not to do a loan with a buy option.

I'm lost.

3 weeks ago you wanted him straight into the team and the only reason changes weren't being made was because Bielsa ("the Nutty Professor") was too stubborn. In fact the excitement was so great that, weirdly, posts celebrated the size of his penis.

And now - when I presumed he might be regaining fitness - you don't want him at the club at all?

Have I missed some news in the meantime?

He’s come from PSG via Leipzig and Monaco, training with the best players and coaches at the best facilities

The fact he’s not managed to get match fit speaks volumes

Not arsed with him now

He’s come from PSG via Leipzig and Monaco, training with the best players and coaches at the best facilities

The fact he’s not managed to get match fit speaks volumes

Not arsed with him now

He's played three times in recent months. He's made a couple of sub appearances for us, and currently has a hamstring strain. You don't know what you're talking about.

• Advertisement

He's played three times in recent months. He's made a couple of sub appearances for us, and currently has a hamstring strain. You don't know what you're talking about.

And you do?

He's 23 in a few months and has played less than 80 games, scoring 14 goals.

The mooted £18 million price tag to sign him if we go up is ridiculous.

I'd want another 6 months at least on loan to gauge how he's developing.

Put it this way, 18 million would get you Chris Wood back if Burnley go down

I know who I'd rather have in the Prem

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,501 ✭✭✭PabloAndRoy

Is this why we can't have nice things?

MOT

Is this why we can't have nice things?

MOT

We do.

We have Murderball (c)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

And you do?

He's 23 in a few months and has played less than 80 games, scoring 14 goals.

The mooted £18 million price tag to sign him if we go up is ridiculous.

I'd want another 6 months at least on loan to gauge how he's developing.

Put it this way, 18 million would get you Chris Wood back if Burnley go down

I know who I'd rather have in the Prem

I have to agree on this - we've not even seen the lad play yet. Hopefully, he gets a couple of games and bangs in a few goals but I can't see Bielsa dropping Bamford.

I'm not 'not' against Augustin, don't get me wrong @davedanon, but if we were to sign him in the summer it would only be on reputation and potential, irrespective of what he does between now and the end of the season.

Again though, in Bielsa we Trust

Berardi needs to be given the Andy Hughes 1 year contract when we go up

Love the man

Another few light moments from Meslier, turning 20 soon!

https://twitter.com/LS11LUFC/status/1231907360966397952

Kiko suspended for 8 games

****ing joke

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Been saying it ages lads. Was a cert to get a ban.

And sure most here wanted him dropped anyway

And of course some want him sacked

****ing kangaroo court, night before a game

Still nothing on points deductions for Wednesday or Derby

C*nts will do anything to derail us

event wrote: »

Are you enjoying this?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm not surprised in the slightest.

I think it would be appropriate.

Don't see it happening. Football clubs weigh up players in terms of their worth on the balance sheet, as most typified by Derby in their treatment of Keogh.

• Advertisement

If Kiko really was racist then he would deserve to be sacked. From everything I've seen and read about Kiko the opposite seems to be the case.
    The verdict "The FA panel have based their decision on the balance of probability rather than proving Kiko to be guilty" is an absolute ****ing joke but it's no surprise is it?
    A combination of a society that wants to see racism everywhere and a football establishment who likes nothing better than making an example of Leeds United and here we are.

If we’re basing football decisions on ‘probability’, why not just give us the 3 points now as the ‘probability’ is we’ll beat Hull

Are you enjoying this?

Why would I enjoy it :confused:

I've said from the start he'd get a big ban, it was obvious.
    Not all of us change our mind every 5 minutes like yourself

If Kiko really was racist then he would deserve to be sacked. From everything I've seen and read about Kiko the opposite seems to be the case.
    The verdict "The FA panel have based their decision on the balance of probability rather than proving Kiko to be guilty" is an absolute ****ing joke but it's no surprise is it?

"It's no surprise" because the balance of probability is the standard applied in almost all forums that make decisions all over the world. It's the standard the FA has always used. I'm not sure why some Leeds fans might think that the usual legal principles should be thrown out the window and the higher standard of proof that is unique to criminal courts in common law countries be applied when dealing with a Leeds player.

And the FA did not decide that Casilla is racist. It was not tasked with that decision. It found that he used racist abusive language in a particular match.

Why would I enjoy it :confused:

I've said from the start he'd get a big ban, it was obvious.
    Not all of us change our mind every 5 minutes like yourself

You’ve just come on the thread giving it the ‘i told you so’........

Don’t get so outraged, there’s a good lad

"It's no surprise" because the balance of probability is the standard applied in almost all forums that make decisions all over the world. It's the standard the FA has always used. I'm not sure why some Leeds fans might think that the usual legal principles should be thrown out the window and the higher standard of proof that is unique to criminal courts in common law countries be applied when dealing with a Leeds player.

And the FA did not decide that Casilla is racist. It was not tasked with that decision. It found that he used racist abusive language in a particular match.

Beyond reasonable doubt is the standard used. They didnt find he used racist language, they found he more than likely did in their eyes.

But this was gonna happen anyway, just hoping Meslier can step up now and get 8 clean sheets

• Advertisement

Mushy wrote: »
    Beyond reasonable doubt is the standard used. They didnt find he used racist language, they found he more than likely did in their eyes.

Beyond reasonable doubt is only used in criminal trials.

The standard applied by the FA and almost all forums, civil courts, family law courts, workplace hearings etc. is the balance of probabilities, is it more likely that it happened. It doesn't make the decision less valid, they found he used racist language on the standard that is always applied in that forum.

They would have to wait until he hit some semblance of form

Part of me is still looking forward to watching Meslier spray 60 yard diagonals though

Who'll be our No. 2 now? Male, Huffer, Miazek or Caprille?

Beyond reasonable doubt is only used in criminal trials.

The standard applied by the FA and almost all forums, civil courts, family law courts, workplace hearings etc. is the balance of probabilities, is it more likely that it happened. It doesn't make the decision less valid, they found he used racist language on the standard that is always applied in that forum.

As a kind of aside, if somebody was to be charged by authorities with using racist language, would it be civil or criminal?

Not saying it's less valid, but no doubt the usual ****e from social media will be hes a racist.

Mushy wrote: »
    As a kind of aside, if somebody was to be charged by authorities with using racist language, would it be civil or criminal?

Not saying it's less valid, but no doubt the usual ****e from social media will be hes a racist.

Depends.

If he was accused of using racist language at work and a complaint made to his employer, it would be a civil matter, initially considered by the employer and then perhaps on to the Workplace Relations Commission or the Labour Court if someone objected to a process or punishment.

The same incident could result in complaint to the Gardai, in which case they would treat it as a criminal investigation, with the higher standard that applies.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

A combination of a society that wants to see racism everywhere and a football establishment who likes nothing better than making an example of Leeds United and here we are.

If we’re basing football decisions on ‘probability’, why not just give us the 3 points now as the ‘probability’ is we’ll beat Hull

Yep, another reason why I cant be arsed with the sport anymore; if you dont support liverpool and play fifa what's the point. And you can guarantee no other teams fans will remember bull**** decisions like this against Leeds, especially as the headline will be "leeds goalkeeper gets 8 game ban for racism" as opposed to telling the story.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the decision, it's an absolute farce that it took 5 months to reach the decision.

You’ve just come on the thread giving it the ‘i told you so’........

Don’t get so outraged, there’s a good lad

Because its ****ing pathetic tbh. People constantly saying he wouldn't get a ban when it was plain as ****ing day he would. It wasn't in question. Was the exact same scenario as Forrestieri (sp). And now we have people talking like it's some mad conspiracy, that the FA have just invented this. Christ almighty.

And why the outrage, loads wanted casilla dropped. This is a good thing surely

Ceist_Beag wrote: »
    Whatever about the rights and wrongs of the decision, it's an absolute farce that it took 5 months to reach the decision.

That's the only issue I have tbh. Glad we won't appeal though. Just get it done now

Depends.

If he was accused of using racist language at work and a complaint made to his employer, it would be a civil matter, initially considered by the employer and then perhaps on to the Workplace Relations Commission or the Labour Court if someone objected to a process or punishment.

The same incident could result in complaint to the Gardai, in which case they would treat it as a criminal investigation, with the higher standard that applies.
    This would always be a HR issue unless a a pattern could be established and HR doesn't fire people out of hand. The punishment is appropriate, including the education aspect of it.

Because its ****ing pathetic tbh. People constantly saying he wouldn't get a ban when it was plain as ****ing day he would. It wasn't in question. Was the exact same scenario as Forrestieri (sp). And now we have people talking like it's some mad conspiracy, that the FA have just invented this. Christ almighty.

And why the outrage, loads wanted casilla dropped. This is a good thing surely

If you don’t think it’s s conspiracy you don’t know your Leeds United history

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,434 ✭✭✭Lamper.sffc

I really hope Meslier has a great game and It all ends up being a blessing in disguise.

His kicking/distribution looks great. Im hoping he can command his box better than Kiko. We always look vulnerable from crosses (Has improved a bit lately)
    Remains to be seen about his shot stopping. Apparently he has been good at stopping pens.

My main worry is his age and the timing. Very tough for such a young player to come into a side going for promotion and its heading into the last 10 games. Thats a lot of pressure. If he rises to the challenge we may just have our new number 1

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

Kalvin returns, big boost. Caprile on the bench

Hull are piss poor, missing 8 players

We should batter these

Was out at a big black tie event last night, then left early to catch end of family meal, and late drinks. Now I have to go down the pub, after only just getting up, to watch us.

My poor liver.

1 up already, Ayling goal but looked like a slight deflection.

Hernandez was so close to making it 2

Off the boil since Pablo hit the bar. Hull tbf have shown up. Meslier looks comfortable enough

Bielsa needs to work some halftime magic. Hull have been better than us since the goal.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Bielsa needs to work some halftime magic. Hull have been better than us since the goal.

MAGIC

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 635 ✭✭✭Private Joker

First time we've had a 2 goal cushion since we last played hull

• Advertisement

Phew!

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement