Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

I missed the first goal helping my son zip up his coat and I've missed the second changing a cats litter tray.... These morning games can fook right off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 416 ✭✭Wingman2010

A nice feeling we actually score two goals; hasn’t happened too often of late!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,332 ✭✭✭Always Be Closing

0-3 yesss

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,024 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

A drubbing. Makes me feel good.

What a goal.... Jack Harrison is a joy to watch this season

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

What strange feeling is this....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh this feels good. A drubbing was coming

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional East Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators, Regional North Mods, Regional West Moderators, Regional South East Moderators, Regional North East Moderators, Regional North West Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 8,037 CMod ✭✭✭✭Gaspode

Think we have this one

4!!! Great that Roberts is back, Bamford will still start next weekend...

The ****ing neck of Roberts thinking he might displace Lord Bamford

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Nice to be able to enjoy a match and not sweat on holding a 1-0 lead for a change, isn't it? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,496 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Zaph wrote: »
    Nice to be able to enjoy a match and not sweat on holding a 1-0 lead for a change, isn't it? :D

It's boring tbh

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    It's boring tbh

Who knew watching Leeds could turn people into adrenaline junkies? :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,672 ✭✭✭adaminho

Zaph wrote: »
    Who knew watching Leeds could turn people into adrenaline junkies? :D

No one ever said watching Leeds was boring :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,062 ✭✭✭davedanon

Brilliant from Roberts on the double. Who needs Big Kev?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Did Meslier have to do anything?

Will be playing close attention to these 3pms

Reckon Preston will get something at Fulham

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 266 ✭✭tfer

It's brilliant that we've hit good form again so close to the end of the season.
    we're going back to where we belong

Lol Jesus Prutton just said ‘we’ when referring to us and had to apologize

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

We've got our mojo back! Great to get a rattle of goals but equally pleasing was another clean sheet, four in a row now. It should give the young lad some confidence. I thought Harrison and Kilch were superb and I was delighted to see Roberts come on and get two. I think there are goals in this lad so if we can keep him fit for the run in he could be crucial.

• Advertisement

All eyes on these 3pms

All Preston/Wigan/Cardiff Aren’t We?

Wigan!

WBA lose!

What a day great day; WBA have lost!

Fulham get a 2nd at the death. Still, a very good day indeed.

Would have preferred a West Brom win to a Fulham one but we’ll take what we can get!

What better way is there of making sure we don't finish outside the top 2 than winning the league?

davedanon wrote: »
    What better way is there of making sure we don't finish outside the top 2 than winning the league?

If we finish 2nd no one will ever remember who won the Championship in 2019/20- it’ll always be the season Leeds finally went up

I almost would get a perverse laugh out of stealing the league winners thunder

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Would have preferred a West Brom win to a Fulham one but we’ll take what we can get!

We're going up as fooking Champions !!!

• Advertisement

LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS LEEDS

I'm only saying it here, to you lot, but.......today I started to believe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

Forest play twice before Saturday. Would hate to see the gap close to three points before then, hopefully someone does us a favour.

Can't believe we are 1 point off top, I was so busy focusing on the teams below us, I forgot 1st place is still up for grabs!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,004 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

That was a solid performance, players seemed pretty confident
    Biggest takeaway from me is how Roberts took his goals, first one was just no messing around, he just drove through the ball as if to say, thats how to do it, second was a lovely finish
    He is definitely making a solid case for himself to start next game, might be good for Bamford also to get a bit of a break

Roberts could've scored 5.... Bamford starts v Huddersfield

Roberts could've scored 5.... Bamford starts v Huddersfield

Happy enough with the 2, don’t think Bamford has scored since his brace against Millwall, probably over 10hours of football since then, something has to give

• Advertisement

Would love to see Bielsa unleash Roberts as a 9 from the start but can’t see it myself

I actually thought Bamford had a good game yesterday. He does so much else (apart from miss goal chances), and we've all seen those figures contrasting our goal-concession rate when he does play with when he doesn't. He always keeps opposing defenders busy, and rarely loses the ball, which some of our midfielders were guilty of in the first half. I did notice at least one occasion though, when an inviting cross was just begging to be attacked by a goal-hungry striker, and I wondered whether Bamford wasn't on the end of it because he was just elsewhere, doing a different job. Although of course it could be that it's just another aspect of his failings as a goal-scorer. We know that Bielsa likes what he brings, though, and doesn't seem to care particularly that he seems to miss the majority of the chances he gets. If he was an out-and-out goal poacher, no doubt he'd score more goals, but we would more than likely concede a lot more as well.

So it may just be the best possible compromise for him to start every game. He makes it difficult for other teams to score against us, and that's not in doubt. If he gets a goal, then great, it's gravy as far as Bielsa is concerned. If/when he misses chances, then eventually, also as we have seen, Bielsa isn't so stubborn that he will refuse to bring on a replacement, be it Roberts or Big Kev, to try and break the deadlock. If it works like it did yesterday, I for one would be more than happy.

Also on his (Bielsa's) famed stubbornness, it's notable how much our game management has evolved since last season, when we played thrilling football, but in refusing to shut up shop and continuing to attack until the final whistle, we got caught on the break time and again. That wasn't the case yesterday, and hasn't been all season. Roberts' first goal was an excellent bit of counterrattacking, where we sat deep and waited for our moment, pouring forward when possession was regained. Like I said, if it results in 4-0 away wins, I am quite content with this set-up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,014 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

Roberts will be buzzing, Bamford is down in the dumps. If Bielsa can get Roberts to match the shift Bamford puts in, he shoild get the nod

Roberts will be buzzing, Bamford is down in the dumps. If Bielsa can get Roberts to match the shift Bamford puts in, he shoild get the nod

It gave me immense satisfaction to see the emphatic way Roberts put that third goal away. We'd done everything right, counterrattacking swiftly and you could see Klich waving on the left for the ball, and when it was played to him he did brilliantly to play it back inside first time. Then I saw that there was two of us queuing up to hit it, and I was afraid we'd bugger it up like so many other occasions. Because, don't forget, the likes of Harrison in particular have missed easy chances lately as well. But it's Bamford who's the most culpable. The lads on The Square Ball go on about it all the time. "Just ****ing put your foot through the ball, Pat".

The argument will be put to bed by Wednesday when weetabix legs picks up an injury in training so Bamford will have to start

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Reckon 8 points in March from 4 games, Fulham & Cardiff bogey teams.

8 points from 12 is perfectly fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

Well obviously Fulham is the ultimate 6 pointer

The argument will be put to bed by Wednesday when weetabix legs picks up an injury in training so Bamford will have to start

That’s the attitude

That’s the attitude

Cheer up mate

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Tonight wouldn't be a bad time for Woodgate and Robbie Keane to find their December form again!

A reminder for those going to the Luton game that tickets are on sale to Gold Members in the morning. Good luck!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Tonight wouldn't be a bad time for Woodgate and Robbie Keane to find their December form again!

A reminder for those going to the Luton game that tickets are on sale to Gold Members in the morning. Good luck!

Was just looking at the fixtures and thinking the same...

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

Some crack with the Leeds fans in the home end being removed and placed in our end.Amazed that they weren't just thrown out.

Did the telly catch the chap in the green parka throwing a loaf at someone as this was going on.

Couldn't tell whether it was a Hull fan or a Leeds fan, suspect he was one of ours. Then the 4/5 year old doing the salute as he and his Dad walked past our fans behind the goal,having been removed too. Priceless.

" We're Leeds United, we'll sit where we want "

We have to recognise that Hull were really bad on Saturday but to finally make the chances count was a relief.

Think we will catch West Brom but still very worried about Forest. Not so much Fulham with their run in.

The problem is that these supposedly weaker teams will be scrapping for their survival the closer it gets to the end of the season, and as we've seen, the likes of Wigan beat both us and WBA recently.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement