Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds United Team Talk/Gossip/Rumours 2020/2021

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,185 ✭✭✭championc

I was in the back row of the upper east stand yesterday, near enough to the half way line, so I was watch from a very different angle that I would normally be watching on from.

It was amazing to see the workrate of players, and the way they could come in from all sides on a Hudders player with the ball.

And as for one touch passing, you could see the players working that system during the warm-up.

The warm-up can be a real revealer. Watch next time when they are warming up with shots on goal. Their different characteristics come through. Bamford always places his shots, Klich and Harrison will put their laces through the ball, while Pablo bends it into the corners.

My only worry currently is that Meslier really hasn't been tested. You have, however, a very confident back defensive row.

Lewis Cook and Fabian Delph are coming back to help out there. Snodgrass and Wood back for cover on the bench. Kasper Schmeichel in if Kiko is let go. Charlie Taylor back for LB too. There’s some amount of ex-Leeds lads out there at a good level. Byram and Viera too would be world beaters after a year of Bielsa training!

Howson...if only because Leeds lipreaders are debating if he said "make sure you do it" or "make sure you get it" when he shook hands with Klich after the last game v Boro.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,070 ✭✭✭✭event

Danny Rose, that's another

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭NuckChorris1

Howson...if only because Leeds lipreaders are debating if he said "make sure you do it" or "make sure you get it" when he shook hands with Klich after the last game v Boro.

Howson said ‘Get it done’ - confirmed by Klich himself. Love that!! He’d be a very sentimental signing at this rate I think. Boro have taken a lot out of him. If Howson is coming home, Gradel has to join him!

https://twitter.com/cli5hy/status/1233101277468426240?s=21

• Registered Users Posts: 1,289 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

championc wrote: »
    I was in the back row of the upper east stand yesterday, near enough to the half way line, so I was watch from a very different angle that I would normally be watching on from.

It was amazing to see the workrate of players, and the way they could come in from all sides on a Hudders player with the ball.

And as for one touch passing, you could see the players working that system during the warm-up.

The warm-up can be a real revealer. Watch next time when they are warming up with shots on goal. Their different characteristics come through. Bamford always places his shots, Klich and Harrison will put their laces through the ball, while Pablo bends it into the corners.

My only worry currently is that Meslier really hasn't been tested. You have, however, a very confident back defensive row.

Pulled off a very good save with his legs in the first half to be fair , I think he looks very impressive so far!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Pulled off a very good save with his legs in the first half to be fair , I think he looks very impressive so far!

I agree - for a 20 year old, he's done great so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Jimmy Two Times

In fairness, he got lucky with that one as he it got through his legs and he ended up sitting on the ball :D

Other than that and the the one he spilled he looked very confident and with one exception his distribution was a marked improvement on Hull.

Atmosphere in the ground was sensational on Saturday,nothing like an early goal to ease the nerves

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭purple hands

In fairness, he got lucky with that one as he it got through his legs and he ended up sitting on the ball :D

Time actually froze for a few seconds when that happened, seemed like the ball just disappeared

What's up with poveda? Bielsa said a few weeks ago he wanted 2 defenders, 2 midfielders and 2 attackers on the bench

At weekend he had:
    Douglas, Struijk, Casey
    Shackleton, Alioski
    Roberts

Like if he's not fit, just say so like JKA.

I don't think we are getting the full story on him tbh

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,207 ✭✭✭maximoose

He played today for the u23s and got a nice assist, I think we'll see a bit of him before season is out

Had to laugh at this article. Not one indication that the player is actually unhappy, just that he has a right to be unhappy...

https://www.footballfancast.com/leeds-united-news/leeds-news-update-poveda-whites-team-news

The 20-year-old has every right to storm into Bielsa’s office on Monday and demand an explanation as to why he wasn’t put into the squad against Huddersfield. As an outsider looking in, it’s hard to get your head around it.

Had to laugh at this article. Not one indication that the player is actually unhappy, just that he has a right to be unhappy...

https://www.footballfancast.com/leeds-united-news/leeds-news-update-poveda-whites-team-news

The 20-year-old has every right to storm into Bielsa’s office on Monday and demand an explanation as to why he wasn’t put into the squad against Huddersfield. As an outsider looking in, it’s hard to get your head around it.

Horsesh1t article written by a nobody...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Keyzer wrote: »
    Horsesh1t article written by a nobody...
    Yep, lots of them around, just clickbait set up to share. The Noel Whelan plain talking ones on Football Insider make me chuckle!

It would be typical leeds for the Corona virus to f*ck us over in getting promoted somehow

event wrote: »
    It would be typical leeds for the Corona virus to f*ck us over in getting promoted somehow

Getting very worried at this stage to be honest.

Can handle games played behind closed doors as a last resort once we get past the Luton game and everyone has 3 home / 3 away games left.

Will cost me a fortune in lost flights but what can you do ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

Would behind closed doors matter that much if every team has to do it?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭Ceist_Beag

Biggest concern would be if they adopt a policy like Italy have - of suspending all matches for a period of time.
    However even then, it only means a delay. I can't imagine there will be a scenario where the season is simply discarded - worst case scenario is that it is cut short but even that seems quite drastic. Still these are unchartered territories so who knows!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Well, owner of Forest has it now!....thankfully we've no more games against them :P

Was hoping to get to the Barnsley game and get some use out of my gold membership - does anyone know how soon they go on sale normally? Granted, it could end up behind closed doors..

Barnsley will prob be on sale week after next

They'll announce the date here and here

Shlippery wrote: »
    Well, owner of Forest has it now!....thankfully we've no more games against them :P

Was hoping to get to the Barnsley game and get some use out of my gold membership - does anyone know how soon they go on sale normally? Granted, it could end up behind closed doors..

Flight and accommodation booked for same game. Have 20th March pencilled in as the date for tickets to go on sale but will be keeping an eye on the site like maximoose said. Things are going to change a lot between now and then, just keeping fingers crossed games don't get affected.

• Advertisement

Yeah I'm booked for Stoke a week before, losing hope daily about travelling but we'll see how it goes...

Agree with all this lads.

Only a matter of time before we hear what the plans are. No realistic way we can expect to get to Barnsley, Stoke and Charlton under normal conditions the way things are looking at the moment.

Just hoping we get past Fulham and Luton before we hit lockdown.

3 of next 4 games on TV too

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭rduggy

Agree with all this lads.

Only a matter of time before we hear what the plans are. No realistic way we can expect to get to Barnsley, Stoke and Charlton under normal conditions the way things are looking at the moment.

Just hoping we get past Fulham and Luton before we hit lockdown.

12 of us going to Luton game ,..... really really hope we can make it to next saturday without major disruptions

I think at weekend we'll see real decisions. Forest owner has it. If any players have it, that'll be the league suspended IMO

I think at weekend we'll see real decisions. Forest owner has it. If any players have it, that'll be the league suspended IMO

They are all clean

https://twitter.com/NFFC/status/1237721194633314304?s=19

More tickets on sale for Leeds Fulham as Fulham only sold portion of their allocation.

Imagine, the biggest game of the season, a game that could put them on course for automatic promotion if they beat Leeds, and they can't sell their tickets. That's awful.

It's more of a protest against our prices isn't it? Been happening a lot lately but the club dont care as they'll sell the seats to home fans

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

maximoose wrote: »
    It's more of a protest against our prices isn't it? Been happening a lot lately but the club dont care as they'll sell the seats to home fans

Theyll say it's a protest, but Blackburn sold the leeds tickets at £40 and it sold out in 20 minutes (7,700 tickets).

While the prices leeds charge are excessive, it didnt stop the leeds fans

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Mushy wrote: »
    Theyll say it's a protest, but Blackburn sold the leeds tickets at £40 and it sold out in 20 minutes (7,700 tickets)

And the same tickets were sold to Brentford fans for £28 and they only sold around a quarter of their allocation ( about 270 sold).

• Advertisement

London to Leeds is very far on a Wednesday evening tbf lads.
    Their average attendance this year is only 17k, they aren't well supported

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,336 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

London to Leeds is very far on a Wednesday evening tbf lads.
    Their average attendance this year is only 17k, they aren't well supported

That's fair enough, but it still doesn't explain why the tickets were almost 50% dearer for Leeds fans.

Yeah clubs know we travel so charge more. What ye gonna do

https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/games-to-be-played-behind-closed-doors-as-part-of-coronavirus-crisis-plan-h8bcxm2bj
    ""All football matches in England will be played behind closed doors under government plans to combat coronavirus that could be triggered as early as today.
    A meeting of the government’s Cobra committee this morning is expected to move its response to the pandemic from the “contain” phase to the “delay” phase. That will result in a crisis plan being unveiled for football. The Times can reveal:
    ● The current season will not be postponed and instead matches in the Premier League and lower divisions will be moved behind closed doors;
    ● All Premier League season-ticket holders and ticket holders for individual games will be able to stream coverage of matches into their homes;
    ● No games will be shown in pubs so as to avoid congregation of people;
    ● Premier League games will not be shown live in the 3pm slot on Saturday afternoons;
    ● Broadcasters will be permitted to screen more than one Premier League game during both the lunchtime and tea-time television slots on Saturday, and the scheduled slots on Sundays and Mondays; and
    ● Season-ticket holders and ticket holders for individual games at Football League clubs will be allowed to watch matches on iFollow streams.
    The plan may be implemented once the number of UK coronavirus cases passes 500. Last night it stood at 460.
    The dramatic moves are seen as the only potential way to end the present season in light of the growing coronavirus crisis in England and the growing possibility of the country being moved to the delay phase.

Not looking good

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,495 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

I know itll probably be suspended at some stage, but if they can put more matches on tv, then excellent

Mushy wrote: »
    I know itll probably be suspended at some stage, but if they can put more matches on tv, then excellent

Without a crowd it'll take a bit of getting used to. Watched some of PSG vs Dortmund last night and it sounds like a training match. High quality training match but the lack of noise is eerie. Sure Sky can probably get good use of the fake crowd sound now that they use to block out Leeds fans singing about them!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,261 ✭✭✭Shlippery

....nerve wracking stuff..

Nothing simple as a Leeds fan!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

The season is over lads.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

I think it will be fine, a few games behind closed doors shouldn’t effect us too much, Bielsa is too professional and has the team well drilled at this point.
    It may come down to the league being suspended for a bit but plenty of time between now and next season for it to get finished.
    It is what it is

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,023 ✭✭✭10000maniacs

If they do something like have a mini tournament with the top 6 later in the summer (which was actually suggested by someone on R5Live) will be a sickner because we are crap in those situations.

I think we all need to calm down. As Carcharodon said, there is plenty of room for a delay in the season. There won't be any mad decisions made to replace a 24 team league with a mini tournament, that's only going to end up in the courts if it happened.
    Given a player and a manager have now been found to have the virus (albeit in a different league) it's very likely there will be a suspension of matches until the end of the month but that's only a few matches so it's way too early to be talking about anything else right now.
    Hopefully those in charge will keep a cool head and behave rationally!

Boris doing nothing, and the EFL saying everything going ahead as normal for now

To all the lads with travel plans - anyone reconsidering travelling even if the games are going ahead? Not really sure what to do but there's a lot can happen before Stoke game for me

If they do something like have a mini tournament with the top 6 later in the summer (which was actually suggested by someone on R5Live) will be a sickner because we are crap in those situations.

That's not going to happen - not on my watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

I was hoping we would get through the next week of fixtures and make it to the international break.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭blaa85

SSN reporting that EFL and PL is off until April 3rd, when another review will happen.

That's according to their sources, no official announcement yet.

Boris doing nothing, and the EFL saying everything going ahead as normal for now

To all the lads with travel plans - anyone reconsidering travelling even if the games are going ahead? Not really sure what to do but there's a lot can happen before Stoke game for me

I'm booked for 5 games between now and the end of the season. To be honest I'm glad the decision has been taken out of my hands as I think ( despite everything ) I would have gone on Wednesday for the Fulham game had it gone ahead.

Once 4th April comes around I will reassess but don't think anything will change and there will be a further suspension announced at that point.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Boris - The font of all ignorance.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

Boris - The font of all ignorance.

I see you’re Boris and raise you Donald

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement