Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC alarm install

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 413 ✭✭crazy_kenny

altor wrote: »
    Strange, was it a new panel?
    04567 authorized by 1111

Yeah it's brand new 1070 panel. When you say "authorised by 1111" can you tell me how to do that. Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭altor

Yeah it's brand new 1070 panel. When you say "authorised by 1111" can you tell me how to do that. Thanks.

When you put in 04567 at the keypad the system will say authorized by, this is your user code, by default 1111.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Ahh OK.
    So with just one resistor in series are you getting ext bell tamper?
    It should close around 4k7

That's for all the replies so far folks. They have being really helpful.

Currently I have the alarm working however I have an issue with one of the zones. The zone has 3 windows in series. The magnetic contacts are working on the walk test but the inertia sensors are not working. I adjusted the zone gross & pulse values to 1 but still nothing. The zone is set to dual end of line also. Any ideas?

I also set up a rf keyfob. I can arm the system and use the panic button but what are the rest of the buttons for.

Thanks in advance.

That's for all the replies so far folks. They have being really helpful.

Currently I have the alarm working however I have an issue with one of the zones. The zone has 3 windows in series. The magnetic contacts are working on the walk test but the inertia sensors are not working. I adjusted the zone gross & pulse values to 1 but still nothing. The zone is set to dual end of line also. Any ideas?

I also set up a rf keyfob. I can arm the system and use the panic button but what are the rest of the buttons for.

Thanks in advance.

Have you the contact and the shock in series on the same zone?

The keyfobs have the ability to be set up for code unset.
    You can set your partset A or B from the keyfob also.
    The options for the Keyfob are in the RF device options/keyfob options.

• Advertisement

Have you the contact and the shock in series on the same zone?

The keyfobs have the ability to be set up for code unset.
    You can set your partset A or B from the keyfob also.
    The options for the Keyfob are in the RF device options/keyfob options.

Yes they are on the same zone.

Yes they are on the same zone.

Can you post a picture of the connections in the sensors?

Can you post a picture of the connections in the sensors?

I got it working. Instead of just joining the black cable in the sensors, I broke it through the sensor contacts.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

I got it working. Instead of just joining the black cable in the sensors, I broke it through the sensor contacts.

That would do it.:)

Brilliant, glad you got it sorted.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,739 ✭✭✭horse7

Am trying to replace an old horizon panel that was pulled out of friends house.The panel is dead and I have a HKC 16/120 panel which I'm trying to install for him. The cables all return to the upstairs hotpress. None of them are identified. I can use an oscillator to identify the zones back to the hotpress. I'm not sure how to identify the internal buzzer/alarm, and the external siren/bell alarm. On the new HKC ,I have wired in the keypad, and I have s/c each zone 1 to 8,and same for tamper 1 to 8. When I power up the panel,the keypad is showing green light for power, orange light for fault,and red light for alarm. What should cause these orange and red lights to go on. I think it may have something to do with the external alarm. The red light will go out when I enter into engineering mode. Any help please.

What faults are showing in engineer mode?
    If you only have 2 cables left identify the internal with the oscillator and the other will be the external.You may need to change the resistor on the tamper return here for the external bell.

Ext bell tamper

That will clear once the external bell is wired with a 4k7 resistor in series with the tamper return.

So the tamper return from the external bell needs a resistor in series. Any idea how many wires should be coming back to the panel from the external bell and where they should terminate on the panel. Also where would I buy such a resistor. Should there be one in the old external bell box that was installed with the horizon panel.

There may be one in the new panel. Not sure what value the old one might be.
    You are probably going to need to get to the bell box and take a look.

Thanks,will wire up my zones first,and then attempt the bell box. How many wires should there be from the external alarm back to the panel, I see external bell terminals on the panel beside Sab terminal.

It depends on the bell used. 5 or 6 normally.

Does that mean I will have 5 or 6 wires in the panel to terminate for the external bell?

Yes 5 or 6 cores from the external bell cable.
    Can you tell us or show us what type of external bell you have?
    That would help us guide you on the connections between the bell & the panel.

• Advertisement

Thanks, I,LL do the zones first, then the bell box is so old ,you can't read anything on it. I,LL do a photo of it for you later.

No problem. Hopefully will be able to help you more then.

Here's the bell

Would need to be seeing a pic of the inside to see if there is a sab module or not.
    You really should think about replacing that antique.

I,LL get back to you, have to get ladders etc, Cheers.

Advertisement