Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

join triathlon club to do only duathlon? (very beginner)

Options
  • 08-06-2017 9:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭

Hi everybody,
    I am a super beginner and not even young :) (35).

Fault the duathlon serie in phoenix park, I really enjoyed trying to run-cycle-run

I usually run Saturday parkruns and I cycle to work, but I never really trained.

I wanted to understand if I could join some training club, open to slow beginners, but do only run and cycle?
    I can swim, but not really comfortable with swimming, although this could change who knows..

(I am located in Dublin 15, just per info).

Any ideas? Are the clubs open to slow-beginners-which-could-improve-but-not-much :D:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,377 Mod ✭✭✭✭pgibbo

I would be very surprised if the clubs in Dublin would not welcome you. Most clubs are very welcoming of beginners. Unfortunately I don't know which clubs are based in your area. Some of the Dublin folks might be able to provide some recommendations.

You could use the find a club option here.

Best of luck.

P.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Doeshedare

Activ Multisport are based in Blanch and have a 'new to tri' group. It is certainly open to 'slow-beginners', everyone was one or both of those at some stage. You'll find them on pgibbo's link to above.

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

thanks a lot! I will contact them!

• Registered Users Posts: 36 dapower

Hi - Belpark organised the Phoenix Park Duathlon and we welcome new members throughout the year. We're based in south Dublin. Contact our new members team via website http://www.belparktri.ie/new-members/

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jsabina

thanks a lot dapower!
    A very well organized event!
    I was watching it for a couple of years and finally I decided to join this time! :)

I went to your website, but unfortunately I am on the opposite side of dublin :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,075 Mod ✭✭✭✭BTH

3D tri is where I started out. Plenty of members living in and around D15.

That club is the one thing that I do miss from Dublin. :(

Advertisement