Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

11.1 beta is out for developers

11.1 public beta 1 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

peteeeed wrote: »

Is force touch multitasking back?

Edit: No :'(

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Any chance they did something with the podcast app on it.

For a company that likes to do things slick and stylishly they totally fcuk up the podcast app evey single time they upgrade it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

For a company that likes to do things slick and stylishly they totally fcuk up the podcast app evey single time they upgrade it.

Use Castro, Overcast or Pocketcasts in that order. All three are actively developed, really good and Castro is developed by two Irish guys.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

Ok getting that “carrier may charge” warning every couple of hours now!

Any solution out there?!
    Any joy murph?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keith_d99 wrote: »
    Ok getting that “carrier may charge” warning every couple of hours now!

Any solution out there?!
    Any joy murph?

Yes, I eventually went on apple chat and got it resolved.

He got me to check Settings-Messages-Send and Receive.

Found that under "start new conversation" that my number was not ticked.

So he asked if me to try switching iMessage on and off again but it remained the same.

He asked if I was on Wifi which I was.

Then told me to sign out of my appleid, restart the phone and sign in again.

This caused Appleid settings to update, takes a few minutes and when it signed in it worked.

The settings screens may take a little while to update but when they do your number should be there and ticked.

Also noticed it took a while for some stuff to come back like contact pictures but everything is fine now.

I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Couldn't agree more! The search seems very limited.. (say, searching Joey Diaz within the Joe Rogan Exp, it lists only 5/6 from the last year or 2, when there are heaps more!) Unless I am doing something incorrectly?

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Couldn't agree more! The search seems very limited.. (say, searching Joey Diaz within the Joe Rogan Exp, it lists only 5/6 from the last year or 2, when there are heaps more!) Unless I am doing something incorrectly?
    That can be down to the podcast feed. Podcast owners keep their feeds short to help with the downloading of feeds on podcast clients. They could be only displaying the last x podcasts.

• Advertisement

murpho999 wrote: »
    Yes, I eventually went on apple chat and got it resolved.

He got me to check Settings-Messages-Send and Receive.

Found that under "start new conversation" that my number was not ticked.

So he asked if me to try switching iMessage on and off again but it remained the same.

He asked if I was on Wifi which I was.

Then told me to sign out of my appleid, restart the phone and sign in again.

This caused Appleid settings to update, takes a few minutes and when it signed in it worked.

The settings screens may take a little while to update but when they do your number should be there and ticked.

Also noticed it took a while for some stuff to come back like contact pictures but everything is fine now.

I hope this helps.

Thanks Murph .. have followed steps.
    My iMesasage seems to be stuck on "Waiting for Activiation" ...

Thanks Murph .. have followed steps.
    My iMesasage seems to be stuck on "Waiting for Activiation" ...

That took a little while for me.

It it's still not working maybe you should go on a Apple chat.

They did ask for my serial number so maybe they did something at their end.

That took a little while for me.

It it's still not working maybe you should go on a Apple chat.

They did ask for my serial number so maybe they did something at their end.

Sorted Murpho ... also contacted support.
    They just said turn off both and wait. Took a bit but all activated now.

Some dodgy carrier settings with eir/meteor I would say. No coincidence we had the exact same issue and symptoms on the same carrier

Thanks for your help!

Sorted Murpho ... also contacted support.
    They just said turn off both and wait. Took a bit but all activated now.

Some dodgy carrier settings with eir/meteor I would say. No coincidence we had the exact same issue and symptoms on the same carrier

Thanks for your help!

Ok, mine just went again and had to go through the process again. A real pain.

Let me know how yours goes after a few days.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

How do you now see your iTunes balance in iOS11? Similarly how can you change between apple accounts from one region to another?

It used to be very straightforward in the App Store in iOS10 but it’s changed now.

Ok, mine just went again and had to go through the process again. A real pain.

Let me know how yours goes after a few days.

Ah no! ... Will do

• Registered Users Posts: 10,189 ✭✭✭✭smurfjed

iOS 11.0.1 is out.... didn’t take long.

• Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

smurfjed wrote: »
    iOS 11.0.1 is out.... didn’t take long.

That update came out 3 days ago😂

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I’m finding Watch OS4 incredibly buggy. Aside from notifications I use the fitness functions on it. The new way it handles the music controls is causing conflicts with Nike Running. Plus using the force close of apps isn’t always closing the apps.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    I’m finding Watch OS4 incredibly buggy. Aside from notifications I use the fitness functions on it. The new way it handles the music controls is causing conflicts with Nike Running. Plus using the force close of apps isn’t always closing the apps.

You can turn off the music app automatically popping up and taking over the screen. I’ve a Series 1 and find it the same as before, battery has been the same too.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

DubDJ wrote: »
    You can turn off the music app automatically popping up and taking over the screen. I’ve a Series 1 and find it the same as before, battery has been the same too.

Cool. How do I switch it off? I can’t find it settings.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

faceman wrote: »
    Cool. How do I switch it off? I can’t find it settings.
    Yeah It’s ridiculously hidden for some strange reason. In the iPhone watch app settings and go into General > Wake screen. Just turn off the auto-launch audio apps and the music app won’t take over the screen anymore.

It’s not a great option as even watching videos on the iPhone causes the app to launch for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

I’m having a weird problem since updating to iOS 11 and it’s persisting since updating to 11.0.1. I’ve my Caller ID set to on but when I ring people it’s showing up as No Caller ID. I tried turning the ID off and back on again and when I rang my wife my number showed up,rang her 5 mins later and it was withheld again.

Anyone got any ideas?

FaceTime carrier message back again for me Murpho

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭Blazer

I’m having a weird problem since updating to iOS 11 and it’s persisting since updating to 11.0.1. I’ve my Caller ID set to on but when I ring people it’s showing up as No Caller ID. I tried turning the ID off and back on again and when I rang my wife my number showed up,rang her 5 mins later and it was withheld again.

Anyone got any ideas?

you with virgin mobile by any chance?
    We had the same issue when switching over from Three to Virgin..incredibly annoying. I always blamed Virgin for it.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

Anyone on Eir with iMessage activation messages try switching off WiFi calling. I was getting the pop ups, I turn it off and tested for a few days and it stopped. I’ve since turned WiFi calling back on and still don’t get the activation pop ups.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

dave oc wrote: »
    Anyone on Eir with iMessage activation messages try switching off WiFi calling. I was getting the pop ups, I turn it off and tested for a few days and it stopped. I’ve since turned WiFi calling back on and still don’t get the activation pop ups.

I’m with Eir and have always had WiFi calling off and I’m getting those damn messages since I installed 11.

Is iMessage send from your phone numbe Dave?

• Registered Users Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Yellowledbetter

Blazer wrote: »
    you with virgin mobile by any chance?
    We had the same issue when switching over from Three to Virgin..incredibly annoying. I always blamed Virgin for it.

I’m actually with Vodafone. It’s so annoying what’s happening, lots of people just won’t answer a call from a withheld number

• Advertisement

I had Eir wifi off and kept getting the messages so I don't think eir wifi calling is the issue.

I was in touch with Apple and they got me to sign out of Appleid, restart phone, sign back in and update Apple ID settings.

I did this and it was fine for a day or two and the messages came back. So I did it again and it appears to be fine so far.

Advertisement