Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

keith_d99 wrote: »
    FaceTime carrier message back again for me Murpho

I had that too, went through the Appleid signout process again and it appears to be fine now.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

11.02 official release out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

FaceTime carrier message back again!
    Set up as new phone (after a call with Apple)

Fine for a few days and now back

Defo a meteor/eir/WiFi calling issue

Have turned off WiFi calling while activation takes place

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

For balance on the above issue, I’m currently using the eir network with the iPhone 7 on 11.0.2 and haven’t had the issues mentioned here with the iMessage activation. On the other hand I don’t have WiFi calling enabled so if that is the problem then maybe that’s why it hasn’t affected me.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭whiterebel

Same as DubDJ, but I do have WiFi calling enabled on Eir, and mine is fine.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 9,037 Mod ✭✭✭✭Aquos76

I’m the same as DubDJ also. Iphone 7 11.0.2 and haven’t had a single iMessage/FaceTime activation message since adding ios11 via the gm release. I don’t have WiFi calling switched on either.

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭dave oc

I’ll add a further update from what I’m seeing. I was getting iMessage popup on iOS11 iPhone 6S, other half was too on her iPhone 6. We had both enabled WiFi calling before updating to iOS11.

I was able to stop the popups by disabling and re-enabling wificalling. This did not work for her, the popups stopped when it was disabled but started straight away when I tried enabling it. So I’ve left it off for now.

Only other thing that’s popped into my head. We’re both on Eir, but I got a new Eir sim/moved directly to Eir 1 month ago. She was previously Meteor. So when meteor merged with Eir she still has the old meteor sim but is now Eir. Would this be the cause? Anyone else with the popups an old meteor customer with a ‘Meteor’ sim?

I’ve an old Meteor sim and as previously stated I’ve haven’t had this issue with ios11 on my iPhone 7

Yeah same as me I was with Meteor and still using the same sim etc so I doubt that would be it.

It’s a strange bug, I know I’ve had the same issue in the past but usually turning off iMessage/FaceTime for a few minutes and enabling those again would sort the problem.

It seems only an eir related bug so i’d say it’s something to do with how the message is sent for activation. Maybe getting rejected by eir.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭keith_d99

24 hours ... pop-ups back again

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,874 ✭✭✭NewbridgeIR

Just installed IOS 11 on my SE. The bottom drawer / bottom row apps have lost their names. Happen to anyone else?

22279566_10159559491105089_421899327698039525_n.jpg?oh=99344f9e9070ce33424f5997f80cb874&oe=5A44A5C9

That’s part of ios11

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,687 ✭✭✭✭jack presley

Anyone else's play count in iTunes 12.7.0 not updating any more? Songs played on my phone update alright but songs played in the app itself aren't.

11.1 beta 2 out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Using 3d touch to open the app switcher is back

• Registered Users Posts: 4,485 ✭✭✭harr

Hi
    Just noticed a problem with WiFi speeds on iPhone 7 since update ...on my iPad and laptop I get a speed of 70+ and on my old android phone it’s getting 70 as well...but my phone is only getting a bare 20 download speed....
    Anyone else have this issue since update...how would I fix it
    Thanks

11.03 released

11.03 released

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Anyone finding 11.0.3 is making their phone sluggish switching between apps? I’ve a 7.

Anyone finding 11.0.3 is making their phone sluggish switching between apps? I’ve a 7.

On the 8 and no issue at all.

Not having a go at you but I find that people say this type of thing on every update that comes out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,941 ✭✭✭Marty Bird

murpho999 wrote: »

Not having a go at you but I find that people say this type of thing on very update that comes out.

Does happen seems every new version of iOS comes with bugs and glitches.

🌞6.02kWp⚡️3.01kWp South/East⚡️3.01kWp West

• Registered Users Posts: 26,579 ✭✭✭✭Creamy Goodness

Marty Bird wrote: »
    Does happen seems every new version of iOS comes with bugs and glitches.

Nature of software. Apple or any other manufacturer. There’ll be bugs. There’ll be new ones, old ones, reintroduced ones, new ones introduced trying to fix an old bugs.

Nature of software. Apple or any other manufacturer. There’ll be bugs. There’ll be new ones, old ones, reintroduced ones, new ones introduced trying to fix an old bugs.

I do think that Apple's quality control of iOS releases has deteriorated over the last few years.

iOS 11, despite numerous betas, is buggy as hell and and I don't think it should have been released.

Caused a lot of battery issues, lag and frame drops.

I don't really think it's good enough to release buggy software and then just fix it later.

I do think that Apple's quality control of iOS releases has deteriorated over the last few years.

iOS 11 despite numerous betas is buggy as hell and and I don't think it should have been released.

Caused a lot of battery issues, lag and frame drops.

I don't really think it's good enough to release buggy software and then just fix it later.

Couldn’t agree more it’s been that way from iOS 8 onwards and there is still bugs from iOS 10 that have not been addressed.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I can't say I've noticed any increase in the bugginess of iOS releases. It's about the same as its ever been IMO.

I would recommend that people report any long-term bugs to Apple. Even if it's a duplicate, the more reports they get the more likely the issue is to get fixed.

https://developer.apple.com/bug-reporting/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I can't say I've noticed any increase in the bugginess of iOS releases. It's about the same as its ever been IMO.

I'd agree with you on this. I haven't noticed any increase.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,706 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

iOS even being a closed operating system it still needs to be put out in the wild before all faults are found reported and fixed Beta testing just won't find all issues.

I've always found it buggy for the first few weeks of launch.

I dont think it’s a case of an increase of bugs more like the bugs that have been around 3/4 years still haven’t been fixed, the personal hotspot bug I have logged with Apple numerous times.

I don't know what I do different but i've never had any major bugs or issues with iOS releases over the years. I get the odd one  now and again but it's usually small and gets fixed in the next bug fix or two. I do setup my devices as new every 1-2 years (usually after I buy a new device).

Saying that, for the first time ever after a software release I noticed real battery drain. Both iOS 11 and watchOS have been an issue for me, and that's a first. Nothing major that's going to make them unusable, but watchOS used to get me two full days and no longer does. iOS will usually die now before the days out where as before i'd usually end up with 10% or so depending on my usage. 
    I always read about people having battery problems after every update but this is a first for me. Both devices are just one year old too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Not having a go at you but I find that people say this type of thing on very update that comes out.
    I hear that buddy and I've actually never had the issue before... It's not head wrecking or anything, just a little annoying. Eventually my brain will block it out and I won't notice :D

Advertisement