Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

iOS 11.1.1 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Anyone having issues with Messages Notifications since updating to ios 11. Its like If I get a message and don't see it until a bit later in the day, the notification disappears from the home screen and I only know Ive a message by the number on the messages icon

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

My phone has had so many issues since I updated, battery gone to cat, messages coming up late, phone slow to open apps and apps crashing constantly. It'll go in the bin or meet the wall very soon Im that frustrated with it.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

nihicib2 wrote: »
    My phone has had so many issues since I updated, battery gone to cat, messages coming up late, phone slow to open apps and apps crashing constantly. It'll go in the bin or meet the wall very soon Im that frustrated with it.

:(

Iphone 6S plus
    Battery gone to pot. (From 50% to 6% in 75mins with minimal usage / screen brightness set at midway)
    Screen auto-rotate not working on the web/youtube.

Come on lads FFS :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭nihicib2

dodzy wrote: »
    Iphone 6S plus
    Battery gone to pot. (From 50% to 6% in 75mins with minimal usage / screen brightness set at midway)

I rang Apple about the battery issue on my 6, they did a diagnostics test and said the battery was done, that I had to get a new one, I told them I had no issues at all with the battery until I updated, they denied all responsibility blah blah blah.

Im having the exact same issues as yourself dozy, Im seriously p*ss*d off now.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators Posts: 53,845 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Iphone 6S plus

Same, 6s+.

Browsed the web on safari for 10 mins this morning, lost 17% battery.

Weird behavior here. Was on 38%. Locked the screen. Would not power on 2 mins later. Connect to charger pic displayed. Plugged into car. 10secs later back on and up to 42%. Charged up to 80% and it seems fine for the last 2-3 hous. Insignificant drop in battery level under frequent usage. Here’s hoping.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,896 ✭✭✭Rfrip

Can't update to the new software, gets stuck on verifying update for ages then says there's an error. Now my Touch ID doesn't work( iPhone 6)

Have tried everything single thing that's been google !!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭kingshankly

Iphone 6S plus

I was the same was only getting 2-3 hours on full charge and that’s light usage then maybe at 17% would go dead
    Couldn’t leave the house without a Power bank
    Have the x now don’t know myself with one charge a day

• Registered Users Posts: 1,378 ✭✭✭Cherrycola

My 6 just dropped from 70% to dead after updating to 11.1! Ffs, this is head wrecking. Obviously the new iOS is tailored to the newer phones and it’s killing the older ones as they don’t have the capability for the new features?
    Happened to my iPhone 4 too as newest phones and updates came out.
    Obviously done to make us buy newer phones!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

I know a lot of people are having problems with battery life on older models. Just to add another perspective, before upgrading to the X I was using a 6. Battery drain was no different after moving to iOS 11 on my 6.

Cherrycola wrote: »
    My 6 just dropped from 70% to dead after updating to 11.1! Ffs, this is head wrecking. Obviously the new iOS is tailored to the newer phones and it’s killing the older ones as they don’t have the capability for the new features?
    Happened to my iPhone 4 too as newest phones and updates came out.
    Obviously done to make us buy newer phones!

Ironic that Apple are still selling the 6S plus for over €750. They bloody well better keep support for a while yet!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

YouTube app is broken and will cause massive battery drain. Anyone with it installed should delete it and use Safari instead until Google fix it.

I'd estimate my 6s has lost about 15-20% of its battery life since upgrading - most of it probably in standby time. It's just lack of optimisation. Usually Apple improve these things by the x.1 update, but I guess they've been busy with the 8 and X this year. Hopefully they'll get back around to it, but with new iPads etc on the way, it may fall by the wayside.

These yearly OS upgrades are just a bad idea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 437 ✭✭Charmeleon

Anyone having weird problems with predictive text? My iPhone 8 is replacing perfectly valid words for totally unrelated ones of the same length and capitalizing the whole WORD for no reason.

11.2 beta 3 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,086 ✭✭✭fjon

I noticed my "News" widget has disappeared in one of the updates - anyone else have this?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

Are Apple seriously going to use that line for notification centre on lock screen?:confused::eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

fjon wrote: »
    I noticed my "News" widget has disappeared in one of the updates - anyone else have this?

I'm on 11.1 and still have it

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

mad muffin wrote: »
    Are Apple seriously going to use that line for notification centre on lock screen?:confused::eek:

I like it, saw it on EAP's video this morning, really brings it out, especially for people who don't watch all the reviews to know how to do everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Charmeleon wrote: »
    Anyone having weird problems with predictive text? My iPhone 8 is replacing perfectly valid words for totally unrelated ones of the same length and capitalizing the whole WORD for no reason.

I'm getting that too, on iOS11.1.1 (Official) on my iPhone 6. At times the keyboard seems unresponsive, or too slow to pick up every key I press. The same with the calculator app: it only works if you slow down big time with the button presses.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

The calculator bug is known and is fixed in the latest 11.2 beta.

iOS 11.1.2 released

11.2 public beta 4 is out

peteeeed wrote: »

Updating now, battery still poor on the 6s plus on beta 3

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,802 Mod ✭✭✭✭Keano

Updating now, battery still poor on the 6s plus on beta 3
    I would say the opposite for me, battery much better on my 6s plus

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

peteeeed wrote: »

What’s it like?

I’m on the official release (11.1.2, I think) on a 6, and I find it quite glitchy. The calculator is all over the place, but I also find the keyboard a bit hit and miss in that it doesn’t always pick up the correct letters as I’m typing. Also switching back to home screen causes a bit of a freeze now and then. The phone just feels slower than before.

Is the beta working okay? I’d sign up for the program again if I thought it would help.

TIA

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone have any issues with offloaded apps not re-dowloading, stuck on waiting?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭Doltanian

This is the worst release of iOS ever, I made such a mistake to upgrade from 10.3.3, the amount of lag, stutter age buggyness is unbelievable. I’m in two minds whether to jump ship to Android or else force Apple to give me a new phone which may have the old iOS preinstalled. I won’t tolerate this thrash any longer and it’s not what pay top dollar for.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Doltanian wrote: »
    This is the worst release of iOS ever, I made such a mistake to upgrade from 10.3.3, the amount of lag, stutter age buggyness is unbelievable. I’m in two minds whether to jump ship to Android or else force Apple to give me a new phone which may have the old iOS preinstalled. I won’t tolerate this thrash any longer and it’s not what pay top dollar for.

Have you tried a full reset, as your issue is likely due to local app data on your phone getting corrupted and causing problems. I have an iPhone 7 and 6 and have no problems with IOS11 and if anything performance improved.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 16,641 CMod ✭✭✭✭faceman

Doltanian wrote: »

Yeah tbf I had no issues on my iPhone 6, so might be an issue with your phone. (I’m on the X now though)

Advertisement