Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

11.2.5 officially out

11.3 public beta 1 is out , be careful with this one as there are quite a few updates / changes in this one
    4 new Animoji on iPhone X: Lion, Skull, Bear, and Dragon
    ARKit 1.5 with support for vertical surfaces like walls, irregular shaped surfaces like circular tables, support for auto-focus, and 50% higher resolution
    Business Chat for iMessage in beta with Discover, Hilton, Lowe’s and Wells Fargo on board
    Health Records in Health app automatically updated from select partners
    More prominent music video features in Apple Music
    HomeKit software authentication without chip certification
    Advanced Mobile Location for sending your location to emergency services when calling from iPhone
    Apple has also promised new battery features on iPhones affected by performance throttling, although these won’t be in the initial beta.

A toggle to disable performance throttling on affected iPhones with older batteries will be in a future beta next month, and battery health stats will be added as well.

Other new features include:

Messages in iCloud
    New privacy page during setup (photo incoming) and a new Privacy icon in Settings (gray becomes blue)
    Splash screen for Messages in the Cloud, backup can be disabled in Settings
    iBooks is now just Books
    App Store lists version number and update size on Updates screen
    App Store following text size
    Hello, Feedback app…
    Apple TV shows up in Home app with tvOS 11.3, doesn’t work as hub for automation and remote access without tvOS 11.3 on iOS 11.3, AirPlay 2 also working
    New ‘Confirm with Side Button’ prompt for purchases on iPhone X:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Having issues after the latest update, when unlocking my phone it seems the wifi is turned off for a few seconds. Its really annoying. Especially when it locks after a few seconds of using an app, and then when I unlock it I get a pop up about wifi :mad:

Having issues after the latest update, when unlocking my phone it seems the wifi is turned off for a few seconds. Its really annoying. Especially when it locks after a few seconds of using an app, and then when I unlock it I get a pop up about wifi :mad:

Beta or public release ? Also what phone ?

peteeeed wrote: »
    Beta or public release ? Also what phone ?

Public release. iPhone 7 Plus

• Advertisement

11.3 developer beta 2 is out and features the much talked about battery health feature in settings
    https://9to5mac.com/2018/02/06/ios-11-3-beta-2/

Public release. iPhone 7 Plus

I have a 7 plus and haven’t had a problem with this , try a hard reboot if you haven’t already

11.3 public beta 2 is out

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

11.3 public beta 2 is out

Seems much more stable, Podcasts app looks much cleaner and less buggy, random crashing when queuing podcasts seems to have been resolved. Battery Health showing as 100%, not sure how accurate this is….

Quintis wrote: »
    Seems much more stable, Podcasts app looks much cleaner and less buggy, random crashing when queuing podcasts seems to have been resolved. Battery Health showing as 100%, not sure how accurate this is….

my 7 plus shows battery at 88%

• Advertisement

ANyone know in messages the way you can reply to a message with a thumbs up or a heart or a haha; do the recipient get a notification?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

ANyone know in messages the way you can reply to a message with a thumbs up or a heart or a haha; do the recipient get a notification?

Yes they'll get a notification, but they are kinda confusing so you shouldn't use them for anything important - like agreeing to meet someone at a certain time. Instead of showing the thumbs up in the notification (as a rich notification), it will instead say "deadanonymau5 liked "<insert your text>".

I stopped using tapbacks in iMessage as I found people didn't really understand the notifications for them. They are obviously meant to be used in real time when you are having a fast back and forth with someone. Even then I think you're better off replying using emjoi.

Yes they'll get a notification, but they are kinda confusing so you shouldn't use them for anything important - like agreeing to meet someone at a certain time. Instead of showing the thumbs up in the notification (as a rich notification), it will instead say "deadanonymau5 liked "<insert your text>".

I stopped using tapbacks in iMessage as I found people didn't really understand the notifications for them. They are obviously meant to be used in real time when you are having a fast back and forth with someone. Even then I think you're better off replying using emjoi.

I just use them to acknowledge a text instead of texting back ok, etc

11.2.6 is out

11.3 beta 3 is out

Beta 4 is out

Beta 5 is out

Beta 6 is out

11.3 officially out

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

No battery health for iPads?

• Advertisement

11.3 officially out

I thought they only released on Tuesdays..I guess not

• Registered Users Posts: 5,359 ✭✭✭DubDJ

So what is the percentage showing for the battery health on everybody’s devices?

I’ve got a launch day iPhone X and battery health is still at 99%.

DubDJ wrote: »
    So what is the percentage showing for the battery health on everybody’s devices?

90% iPhone 7 Plus :( Got it in October 2016 iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 8,034 ✭✭✭mad muffin

100% on 6 month old X, and 89% on 18. I think old 7.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

90% iPhone 7 Plus :( Got it in October 2016 iirc

Same here. 7 Plus January 2017. Still says its supporting normal peak performance.

I can’t remember for sure but I think Apple said anything below 80% is considered degraded performance wise so anything above should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

I can’t remember for sure but I think Apple said anything below 80% is considered degraded performance wise so anything above should be fine.

So intentional throttling kicks in at 79%? If so, that’s ridiculous.

I’d rather charge twice per day than deal with phone lag. It’s painful.

I’m not sure when the actual throttling kicks in, it’s based off unexpected shutdowns and is only enabled after your phone has one. But battery wise a health above 80% is considered ‘healthy’.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,118 ✭✭✭notahappycamper

Interestingly, since the update came out my battery performance has dropped from 90% to 88% on my 7 Plus from January 2017!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

Interestingly, since the update came out my battery performance has dropped from 90% to 88% on my 7 Plus from January 2017!

Battery health indicators are not perfectly accurate and will fluctuate.

Advertisement