Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

Mr.S wrote: »
    Did you install the public beta profile on your device? Working fine for me

Yeah , was on a few apple sites , no one is getting it now , maybe over loaded at the minute

Working again

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Ok I read online IOS11 is available but all Im getting is IOS 10 3.3 ???

• Registered Users Posts: 496 ✭✭Ya-Boy-Ya

Getting it now

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭Simply Red

Anyone that's installed it, is it stable enough for main device?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ya-Boy-Ya wrote: »
    Ok I read online IOS11 is available but all Im getting is IOS 10 3.3 ???

Same for me even though I have the beta profile installed.

Anybody any ideas?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

murpho999 wrote: »

Anybody any ideas?

Sure you have the iOS 11 beta profile?

Anybody any ideas?

I had to delete the profile and reinstall a couple of times before it worked

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Simply Red wrote: »
    Anyone that's installed it, is it stable enough for main device?

No major problems so far on a 7 plus but it’s eating through the battery today. Looking at the battery usage it seems that it’s been doing something in the background all day with the photos. I don’t think it converts them to the new format but it could be scanning for facial recognition and all the other AI cleverness

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,678 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sad Professor

I could live with the bugginess but not the terrible battery life. I'll wait for the final release or close to it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Battery life great here on the 10.5.

Battery life fine with 11 on my iPad (2017)haven’t updated my 7 plus

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Decided, probably foolishly, to put it on the iPhone 6s. Will see how the battery life plays out. So far everything seems to be working okay, will report any issues i happen across.

Really liking it so far , the keyboard , multitasking working very well

Task bar is also really good

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Installed it on iPod Touch 6th gen. Will see how it goes. Reminders app still not working.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,326 ✭✭✭Zapp Brannigan

Not having the 3D Touch app switcher is a pain in the arse.

Sure you have the iOS 11 beta profile?
    peteeeed wrote: »
    I had to delete the profile and reinstall a couple of times before it worked

Yes, I reinstalled the profile and now have iOS11 installed.

Like it so far. Seems pretty stable and don't notice any extra battery drain on iPhone 6.

New control centre is best feature so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,461 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Since I took the phone off charge at 100% this morning at 7.33 it has gone down 13%:

Roughly 20 minutes of Spotify through the Beats X

2 phone calls totalling 11:47

Some moderate texting, browsing and Facebook usage.

Pretty happy with that for battery life, I’d say it’s no worse than 10.3.2 for me. Phone is connected via Bluetooth to my Apple Watch all day, wifi is turned off, brightness is set at about a quarter on the slider.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Is there a beta of the Apple WatchOS 4? I got asked to set up my watch with a beta profile but don't see any updates available yet.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 18,429 CMod ✭✭✭✭The Black Oil

Hmm, not sure about the changes to the Podcasts app.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

My battery life is absolutely shocking since I updated.

Gonna try and forced reboot later on.

Anything that uses GPS, like google maps or snapchat(with the new map feature) and the phone gets crazy warm. Like really warm.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Just trying it out on an iPad Mini. Seems a bit sluggish so will see.

Hmm, not sure about the changes to the Podcasts app.

Seems fine to me, no major changes just cosmetic.

What do you not like about it?

Seems fine to me, no major changes just cosmetic.

What do you not like about it?

I preferred the structure of list of subscribed/not subscribed. Found it easier to read. Now Library > Programmes > it's either sort by date, manually or title. And playing the next podcast didn't seem to kick which isn't great when I'm driving. Will try the button on the steering wheel. The Listen Now tab doesn't seem to show the full extent of what's been downloaded. These issues could be my own fault, though. :p Battery not great yesterday, either.

HomeKit not working for me. Not that I've used it much in the past.

Question for beta users, has there been any improvements to how Notes shows images? I paste a lot of pictures into notes, but viewing them is very clunky in iOS 10. Many of them appear small and when you tap into them you can't swipe between them or swipe them away, etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

chrislad wrote: »
    Is there a beta of the Apple WatchOS 4? I got asked to set up my watch with a beta profile but don't see any updates available yet.

In previous years there hasn't been any watch public beta, I think because you're screwed if anything goes wrong and the watch has to go back to apple to be fixed

My battery life on the 7+ is still awful. Here in work I have to keep it plugged into my laptop just to keep the battery at the same level. Even though it's got the charging icon the battery percentage won't increase unless I put it into low power mode.

Photos are still the main suspect. I have a lot and on the battery activity Photos shows at 47% for the last 24 hours.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

One major bug for me. My music controls on the watch no longer work. I can still adjust the volume, but don't have the option to play/skip and it doesn't pick up if music is playing and show it on the watch.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I have it installed on my iPad Air. Seems ok, my iTunes Match won’t sync up, that’s only gripe. I love the new keyboard.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

The new keyboard flick is great.
    I have it installed on my iPad Air. Seems ok, my iTunes Match won’t sync up, that’s only gripe. I love the new keyboard.

Advertisement