Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

ibFoxer wrote: »
    The one big issue I have found is the camera not opening, either in the app, in an app (WhatsApp, iMessage, etc) or to try and open the app from the home screen (swipe right)

Camera doesn’t change from the initial black screen and none of the “buttons” work. A restart of the phone sorts it but it’s a bit irking. Anyone else come across the issue?

I’ve seen that when I swipe up from the lock screen to use the camera. Just downloading the restore file now.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Getting plenty of issues now.

iMessage crashes regularly.
    Blouetooth control in control centre does not work
    Battery drain
    Siri very slow, sometimes doesn't work

I'm not complaining though as the update is great and these issues are to be expecting with early beta versions and will get better with updates.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

Developer beta 2 was released last week.

Hopefully public beta 2 is released soon and hopefully fixes the battery drain.

Anyone else noticing how hot the phone gets when using GPS?

iPhone 7plus - iOS 11 Public Beta 1

• Registered Users Posts: 13,563 ✭✭✭✭peteeeed

when you post a problem might be worth stating which version of phone/ipad you are using

peteeeed wrote: »
    when you post a problem might be worth stating which version of phone/ipad you are using

edited.

• Advertisement

Devolper beta 3 is out so hopefully public beta 2 should be out tomorrow or weds

peteeeed wrote: »
    Devolper beta 3 is out so hopefully public beta 2 should be out tomorrow or weds

Fingers crossed, don't wanna risk downgrading to 10.3.2 and messing things up, but i can't really take this battery drain much longer! :)

Public beta 2 is out

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,695 ✭✭✭gizmo81

Yay the flick open windows to close is back in control centre.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

Any one experiencing any issues with it? I didn't have the best time with PB1 - Can anyone with an Apple Watch confirm/deny that they can control their music from the watch with iOS 11 PB2 installed?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Safari content blockers work again too :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

chrislad wrote: »
    Any one experiencing any issues with it? I didn't have the best time with PB1 - Can anyone with an Apple Watch confirm/deny that they can control their music from the watch with iOS 11 PB2 installed?

Hi.

Just checked. The watch controls for Apple Music and Spotify work just fine with PB2.

Lock screen widget for audio players like Music, Spotify and Castro look better than on PB1, but the on-screen volume slider still doesn’t work. You have to go to volume buttons to change the volume.

Not sure on battery life yet. Stand by seems amazing. Fully charged phone dropped to 91% with 30 mins usage and almost 9 hours stand by. That’s fairly decent. However, in the 10 mins I’ve been actively using it this morning it has dropped from 91 to 81%. If that’s the trend, I’ll be going back to 10.3.3, but I’ll give it another charge cycle just to be sure.

Installed at about 1:30am this morning so haven't used it a hell of a lot, but i will say it seems to be a little less, buggy and a good bit smoother so far.

We'll see how it goes over the course of the day.

Got pretty damn hot last night while it was charging

eeloe wrote: »

Got pretty damn hot last night while it was charging

I got the "your iphone is too hot" message yesterday afternoon (on PB1) while charging in the car. Not sure if it was down to something wrong with the charging or just because the phone was mounted where the sunshine was getting at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Anyone having issues swiping clear notifications from the notification centre or is this gone now?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,020 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

Quintis wrote: »
    Anyone having issues swiping clear notifications from the notification centre or is this gone now?
    I think you have to view and then x for delete. I read that swipe deletion has been removed (for current Beta at least. Obviously intentional on Apples part. I must download the new profile as I'm keen to try it out.

Swipe up is now back

dodzy wrote: »
    I think you have to view and then x for delete. I read that swipe deletion has been removed (for current Beta at least. Obviously intentional on Apples part. I must download the new profile as I'm keen to try it out.

Notifications is just not up to scratch, opening individual notifications to clear is annoying when there are a lot

• Registered Users Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭GhostyMcGhost

Loved the brief stint with ios 11 but my phone is heating up really badly. Been very hot all day

Back down to 10.3 now and phone is normal again

Loved the brief stint with ios 11 but my phone is heating up really badly. Been very hot all day

Back down to 10.3 now and phone is normal again

I went back to 10.3.2 as well. The battery drain on PB2 was too much. I know it's to be expected, so I'm not complaining. I'm off camping for the next few days, so decent battery life is the priority right now. I might try the beta again in a few weeks.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I find every time I double press the home button (iPad Air) the UI restarts (only since PB2).

Public beta 3 is out

Just installed.

Smooth enough, we’ll see what the battery life is like tomorrow

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Just installed it too. Not liking the UI changes, they look like awful imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,206 ✭✭✭Zcott

Which ones in particular?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

I don't see any major changes in the UI apart from the Contacts icon and a few minor tweaks.

I don't see what is not to like.

Installed it last night, definitely seems smoother and faster than the previous ones.

Just back from the gym, and i'm noticing a LOT of static coming through on my bluetooth headphones.

other than that, seems a lot smoother and more fluid.

Is anyone getting pissed off with the blue bar at the top "tripadvisor is currently using your location" "facebook is currently using your location"

It's not that i mind these apps knowing my location, i just don't want the blue bar all the time

Swipe to clear notifications works again thankfully!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

Any news on battery usage, chaps?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 619 ✭✭✭arch_stanton

Battery much better for me. On the previous betas my phone was very warm and I had to keep it (7+) on low power mode to get through the day.

Today it's at usage 3 hours, standby 8 hrs 17 min with everything turned on and the battery is at 67%

The phone is also much faster, smoother and none of the constant freezes I've suffered for the last 4 weeks. I feel like I've gotten my phone back

Advertisement