Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iOS 11 - Developer, public beta and official release

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 3,730 Mod ✭✭✭✭eeloe

I’ve noticed my top info bar can disappear from time to time on the home page!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Badge app icons not updating for me particularly on What's App and iMessage. It doesn't see when messages are read.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,324 ✭✭✭chrislad

I'm still get the rotate lock bug. If I have it locked to portrait, and go into a landscape app, like some games, I'll come out and most stock apps like Safari will be locked to landscape rather than portrait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

Any update on battery life now that PB3 has been out there for a few days?

I went back to 10.3.3 from PB2 because the battery was draining very fast (iPhone6), but I'd consider trying PB3 if it's definitely better in that regard.

Thanks.

After using beta 3 for the last number of days I can confirm it’s a LOT better on battery than the previous betas!

• Advertisement

Anybody else having issues with RTE app? Articles are missing sentences and cut short.

Yes having the same issue on RTapp now that you mention it.

There must be some code changed from this version of the beta compared to the last.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

4th Public Beta is out

• Registered Users Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Mr Velo

Armonline wrote: »
    4th Public Beta is out
    Whats the consensus? Ok to run on a primary phone?

Mr Velo wrote: »
    Whats the consensus? Ok to run on a primary phone?

Well in fairness, it's only out so do you expect people here to know already?

I'm installing it on mine as usually at this stage, so close to full launch, the betas get better and more stable.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,499 ✭✭✭IamMetaldave

I was waiting for this one for my phone as 3 was a big jump for my iPad Air. It's just some legacy apps I'm concerned about..

Just installed it.

Still having a slight issue when i send multiple pictures in an imessage that they don't always appear on my screen, just blank white space.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,506 ✭✭✭Tony H

Installed beta 4 yesterday and so far so good ,
    It’s a lot smoother than beta 2 which is the last one I tried,
    Using a 6s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,443 ✭✭✭Deep Thought

for some reason, my emails are fetching without me opening the app, how do i turn off this? was off on 10.3.3

Edit - Found it ...Stupid..stupid...

But, whats with the Feedback Icon? cant delete it

The narrower a man’s mind, the broader his statements.

for some reason, my emails are fetching without me opening the app, how do i turn off this? was off on 10.3.3

Edit - Found it ...Stupid..stupid...

But, whats with the Feedback Icon? cant delete it

You're supposed to report issues via that app while using the beta.. that's the idea of the public beta, more people using it will find issues in daily use faster.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,684 ✭✭✭waynegalway

What's the scoop on Beta 4 now that's it's been out a few days?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone else getting much better battery life on Beta 4?

I got to 9h 42m with 6% left. Im not sure if its because of how I used my phone or if its because of the update...

Anyone else getting much better battery life on Beta 4?

I got to 9h 42m with 6% left. Im not sure if its because of how I used my phone or if its because of the update...

Yes i'm the same, much much better battery life on this Beta.

It's like i've got my phone back! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Potus

Beta 5 is out.

installed, haven't noticed any differences yet.

Little bit of battery drain, on this charge at least, i'll leave it another couple of cycles before reporting.

• Advertisement

Installed it too and seems very stable.

Most obvious change for me is the App Store and Maps icon. Think Itunes is changed as well but not sure. Nothing else discovered so far.

This guy is always on point with his videos, he's so fast.

Took the plunge last night on my 7, so far, so good :)

• Registered Users Posts: 671 ✭✭✭Quintis

Still find the podcasts app buggy, progress display freezes and app crashes occasionally, hoped they would have addressed it at this stage

All good here too, except battery not as good on this beta.

I have been using it for the day now (since around 11) for podcasts and music and I'm at 59%. I like the new podcast app and the control centre is great, if even only for the handy access to lower power :) It's something that has always lacked (not having a control centre), Overall, I'm happy and definitely happy I waited until this beta.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Potus wrote: »
    All good here too, except battery not as good on this beta.

Im getting the same battery life as I had with the last update. 10 hours usage from 100% to 3%. I thought 8 hours on my old Android phone was amazing. 10 hrs is incredible!

Im getting the same battery life as I had with the last update. 10 hours usage from 100% to 3%. I thought 8 hours on my old Android phone was amazing. 10 hrs is incredible!

Are you sure it’s 10 hours of actual usage? I charged mine up fully and let it sit for an hour and it read 20 mins usage and 1 hour standby. So even though I didn’t use it something in the background was using it even though I had force quit all apps with airplane mode on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,658 ✭✭✭✭OldMrBrennan83

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement

Patww79 wrote: »
    This post has been deleted.

What mareting bollocks have you seen about iOS11 on iPad.

What it brings is a new dock that allows more apps to be slotted in so it works more like the dock on a mac and it works very well.

So do all google apps, why wouldn't they?

The thing is though that an iPad is not a laptop. It's a device mainly for consuming media and you can do less on than you can a laptop.

It all depends what you plan on doing on it. If your biggest concerns are Google services then it wlll work fine.

Advertisement