Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

lock your cars

• 08-06-2017 10:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭

Just a reminder to all to make sure your cars are locked and contain no valuables.
    My car was ransacked last night in Delgany and this was the 2nd time in as many nights that these scumbags have been on the prowl.
    my neighbour heard a noise late sunday night and caught two yokes trying to get in to cars.
    Gaurds in Greystones have been informed , they don't seem to be after the cars just contents.
    Neighbor said it was two fellas late teens early 20s , so stay alert ..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

would it not be normal to lock your cars?

its gas the amount of threads here or on FB saying that there's been loads of cars broken into somewhere and then ppl saying they left the doors open????

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

its gas the amount of threads here or on FB saying that there's been loads of cars broken into somewhere and then ppl saying they left the doors open????
    Why? It's cheaper than fixing broken windows or locks or bent doors

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,468 ✭✭✭matt-dublin

ted1 wrote: »

seriously???

you're having a laugh right.....?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

seriously???

Actually it can be. The Mrs forgot too lock hers once and someone got in and just made a mess emptying the glove compartment etc but no valuables to steal.

However some of then are thick as my car didn't lock properly one time and apart from the mess they also tried to hot wire the car.

Why anybody thinks a modern car can be hot wired without a transponder is beyond me.

• Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

Do whatever you want , just a heads up that there are multiple thefts in the area at the moment by the same people ,. Some people get complacent because it is a quite area , whether you want to lock your car or not the point that I'm making is that if there are no valuables in your car they can t be taken.
    Isn't that gas ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 92 ✭✭lanciadub

seriously???

As previously stated ,. My car was locked ,. I've to get fly window fixed ,. Neighbours car was open and she just had to close her glove compartment etc . Got nothing from her

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,679 ✭✭✭✭ted1

seriously???

I'm deadly serious, let them in and a have a root around without causing expensive damage for nothing

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,047 ✭✭✭Cerco

I'm deadly serious, let them in and a have a root around without causing expensive damage for nothing

And what do you tell your insurance provider when your car is stolen?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,115 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

Cerco wrote: »
    And what do you tell your insurance provider when your car is stolen?

unlikely unless you leave the keys in the car - AFAIK most thefts these days are from from house break-ins and stealing the keys.

(also, you tell them "yes, the car was locked' :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

Leave the car unlocked with your "pet doggie" inside it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,404 ✭✭✭dogmatix

pixbyjohn wrote: »
    Leave the car unlocked with your "pet doggie" inside it

Unless it’s a Saturday night, and since the next day is a Sunday you decide to sleep until noon, but you forget the sun rises at 5am and it happens to be a scorcher of a day and when you finally saunter out after a very long leisurely brunch you find that little Fido is now very well done indeed. Still, if you wrap him up in tin foil he could be quite a tasty treat for the Sunday dinner…:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,250 ✭✭✭pixbyjohn

dogmatix wrote: »
    Unless it’s a Saturday night, and since the next day is a Sunday you decide to sleep until noon, but you forget the sun rises at 5am and it happens to be a scorcher of a day and when you finally saunter out after a very long leisurely brunch you find that little Fido is now very well done indeed. Still, if you wrap him up in tin foil he could be quite a tasty treat for the Sunday dinner…:)

Would you not leave the airconditioning on?:p

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,603 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

I think we are going around is circles here.
    lanciadub has kindly warned us that cars are being broken into in the Delgany area.

I think that there has been sufficient debate about the merits of locking or not locking cars that people can make their own minds up, so please end this debate.

Thanks.

Advertisement