Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Intact IQ - ERP System

• 08-06-2017 10:23am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭

Hello,

Anyone heard of this ERP company? Any thoughts?

We're currently using a system called Opera (only ever heard of this after joining this company) but I'm not impressed with what I've seen. It's an old version as well, which doesn't help.

We were thinking of changing to SAGE 200, but someone internally mentioned their husband works with Intact IQ and is raving about it. Again, I've never heard of this company. I'm experienced with SAGE 200.

The stock element is highly important to us. Would like to hear from someone that has worked with Intact IQ Good and Bad.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,150 ✭✭✭mr_edge_to_you

Never heard of it.

Sage is the old reliable.

• Registered Users Posts: 1 KevinL55

Hi there,

Our company uses Intact IQ for many business process including stock management and I know of a number of other companies using it that are happy with it. I have also used Sage 200 in the past but Intact IQ is a much more advanced piece of software in my opinion. I hope this helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Hello,

Anyone heard of this ERP company? Any thoughts?

We're currently using a system called Opera (only ever heard of this after joining this company) but I'm not impressed with what I've seen. It's an old version as well, which doesn't help.

We were thinking of changing to SAGE 200, but someone internally mentioned their husband works with Intact IQ and is raving about it. Again, I've never heard of this company. I'm experienced with SAGE 200.

The stock element is highly important to us. Would like to hear from someone that has worked with Intact IQ Good and Bad.

Depends on the business. Opera & Sage generally would seem old and clunky - Sage 200's database has a massive number of tables with not a lot of consistency in structure, probably in part due to it's evolution and development (instead of writing a module, buy one and integrate with it.) I haven't used the more recent versions but up to 2015 or so that was the case anyway. Opera is widely used in Ireland, Opera 2 is quite dated now but still many, many companies running it. Opera 3 has been around a few years, not really familiar with it. Both are really finance solutions with everything else (stock, CRM, manufacturing) an afterthought.

Intact is great for hardware, distribution - buy for resale, kits, basic manufacturing. Also retail, POS, options, etc. So it depends on the business really. If you're a manufacturing company dealing with complex product structures and BOM's, you might want to look elsewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,750 ✭✭✭Avatar MIA

Depends on the business. Opera & Sage generally would seem old and clunky - Sage 200's database has a massive number of tables with not a lot of consistency in structure, probably in part due to it's evolution and development (instead of writing a module, buy one and integrate with it.) I haven't used the more recent versions but up to 2015 or so that was the case anyway. Opera is widely used in Ireland, Opera 2 is quite dated now but still many, many companies running it. Opera 3 has been around a few years, not really familiar with it. Both are really finance solutions with everything else (stock, CRM, manufacturing) an afterthought.

Intact is great for hardware, distribution - buy for resale, kits, basic manufacturing. Also retail, POS, options, etc. So it depends on the business really. If you're a manufacturing company dealing with complex product structures and BOM's, you might want to look elsewhere...

Thanks, we looked at SAP and it was too expensive.

Will probably be going down the SAGE 200 route. Intact sound okay, but not enough known about it. I've used SAGE 200 before, and while not ideal I know the issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 271 ✭✭WicklowTiger

Thanks, we looked at SAP and it was too expensive.

Will probably be going down the SAGE 200 route. Intact sound okay, but not enough known about it. I've used SAGE 200 before, and while not ideal I know the issues.

Yeah, contrary to what they like to put out there, SAP really aren't for the SME. Their product aimed at this end of the market is expensive for what it is. I have other suggestions, will PM you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,338 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

can recommend MS Navision

• Registered Users Posts: 493 ✭✭The_Chap

Have installed Sage 200 for a number of companies and most seemed happy enough with the software, as mentioned it has its flaws but none of them are perfect unless you go bespoke which costs big money

Advertisement