Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I feel the Nintendo Switch cereal is really just a WiiU cereal that ended up delayed and ported.
    Plus, the rumoured little WiiU marshmallows were cancelled from the finished product which I think just insults everyone and makes everyone mad as hell. (Everyone=Me).
    I have never eaten anything but Nintendo cereal and will not be eating this.
    They hate me and make me sad.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Subtle :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,264 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I feel the Nintendo Switch cereal is really just a WiiU cereal that ended up delayed and ported.
    Plus, the rumoured little WiiU marshmallows were cancelled from the finished product which I think just insults everyone and makes everyone mad as hell. (Everyone=Me).
    I have never eaten anything but Nintendo cereal and will not be eating this.
    They hate me and make me sad.

i feel like your just regurgitating the same cereal time and time again at this stage

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,645 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

manual_man wrote: »
    i feel like your just regurgitating the same cereal time and time again at this stage

The pain is real man,

THE PAIN IS REAL!

WHY WON'T ANYONE FEEL MY PAIN!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Has anyone tried one of these Wii to HDMI Adapters? Not convinced it'll work but five-ish euro I'm tempted.

http://s.aliexpress.com/IVJfeqAj

Would it be an improvement on my component cable I'm wondering.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Has anyone tried one of these Wii to HDMI Adapters? Not convinced it'll work but five-ish euro I'm tempted.

I got one via Adverts a few years back and it was great. I don't know if it was a significant difference but it was very handy to port the signal through HDMI. I'm sure there are tech reviews on it somewhere but I think it was great.

Of course, all of your Wii games will run via HDMI when you play them on a WiiU.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,096 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Rhyme wrote: »
    I got one via Adverts a few years back and it was great. I don't know if it was a significant difference but it was very handy to port the signal through HDMI. I'm sure there are tech reviews on it somewhere but I think it was great.

Cheers, I've ordered one, it'll free up the component for my original Xbox.

Of course, all of your Wii games will run via HDMI when you play them on a WiiU.

This would be for my Wii in my back room, have the Wii U on the main telly in the front room.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,294 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

UK Top 40 Charts.

Individual Formats
    DQMl8e2XUAEBI-C.jpg:small

All Formats
    DQMmDAbW4AMjYV4.jpg:small

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

1-2 Switch must be getting heavily bundled.

Spent the weekend playing Skyrim on the Switch - the fourth time I've bought it. Had it and completed it on the 360, got in on the PC for the graphics boost, then picked it cheap up on the Xbox One for mods.

It's amazing that even now I'm finding stuff I never saw before and it's brilliantly suited to the handheld mode. Haven't actually played it docked yet.

• Advertisement

• Has anyone tried one of these Wii to HDMI Adapters? Not convinced it'll work but five-ish euro I'm tempted.

I have that exact one. Works a dream. Also has a 3.5mm jack beside the HDMI out.
    No notable artifacts and looks way better than component cable.

1-2 Switch must be getting heavily bundled.

Spent the weekend playing Skyrim on the Switch - the fourth time I've bought it. Had it and completed it on the 360, got in on the PC for the graphics boost, then picked it cheap up on the Xbox One for mods.

It's amazing that even now I'm finding stuff I never saw before and it's brilliantly suited to the handheld mode. Haven't actually played it docked yet.

The game's a bit like a yo-yo in and out of the charts. I seen it included in Cyber Monday bundles. TFPOS.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,548 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

FYI I've kicked off the Game Awards for this year.

4 Nintendo-related categories are open for nominations.

Best Switch Game (Retail
    Best Switch Game (Download Only)
    Best 3DS Game (Retail)
    Best 3DS Game (Download Only)

https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=499

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,363 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Isn't the answer just Breath of the Wild for everything?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 720 ✭✭✭DrGreenthumb

You guys are really milking those cereal jokes

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

You guys are really milking those cereal jokes

Oi you, back in your box!

Breath of the Wild on Wii U.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,681 ✭✭✭Wolverine359

sligeach wrote: »
    Breath of the Wild on Wii U.

This one is cryptic.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Yeah, me thinks the humbug doth protest too much.

(Presume he's answering Mr E in a defiant I'm Spartacus kind of way. Or thought this was the 'what are you playing' thread. Either way, we know it's a lie. He's got one of each colour of Joycon hanging from a necklace like soldiers ears around Dolph's neck...)

• CastorTroy wrote: »
    Isn't the answer just Breath of the Wild Super Mario Odyssey for everything?

fyp

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Wouldn't have Odyssey anywhere near the level of BOTW personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Personally I'd have sonic forces

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    Personally I'd have sonic forces

Get.

Out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,567 ✭✭✭✭OwaynOTT

Get.

Out.

77da4855008f177331d6fd46d76ee273a69b6f99_hq.gif

OwaynOTT wrote: »
    77da4855008f177331d6fd46d76ee273a69b6f99_hq.gif

giphy.webp

This week's Media Create sales for Japan.

Hardware Sales (followed by last week’s sales)
    1. Switch – 124,770 (145,200)
    2. PlayStation 4 – 25,163 (20,384)
    3. New 2DS LL – 20,712 (20,283)
    4. New 3DS LL – 12,431 (11,511)
    5. PlayStation 4 Pro – 8,244 (6,525)
    6. PlayStation Vita – 6,127 (5,964)
    7. 2DS – 2,747 (2,838)
    8. New 3DS – 348 (254)
    9. Xbox One – 295 (196)
    10. Xbox One X – 213 (212)
    11. PlayStation 3 – 48 (46)
    12. Wii U – 45 (85)

Software Sales (followed by lifetime sales)
    1. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon (Nintendo, 11/17/17) – 107,657 (944,074)
    2. [NSW] Xenoblade Chronicles 2 (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 12/01/17) – 97,732 (New)
    3. [NSW] Super Mario Odyssey (Nintendo, 10/27/17) – 61,596 (853,654)
    4. [NSW] Splatoon 2 (Nintendo, 07/21/17) – 36,246 (1,409,776)
    5. [3DS] Kirby: Battle Royale (Nintendo, 11/30/17) – 28,023 (New)
    6. [PS4] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi (Koei Tecmo, 11/30/17) – 27,230 (New)
    7. [NSW] Mario Kart 8 Deluxe (Nintendo, 04,28,17) – 23,388 (861,238)
    8. [PS4] Call of Duty: WWII (SIE, 11/03/17) – 15,505 (306,501)
    9. [3DS] Animal Crossing: New Leaf Amiibo+ (Nintendo, 11/23/16) – 13,068 (294,639)
    10. [NSW] The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Limited Edition Included) (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 11,634 (668,649)
    11. [3DS] Pokemon Ultra Sun / Ultra Moon Double Pack (Nintendo, 11/17/17) – 10,872 (278,952)
    12. [3DS] Attack on Titan 2: Future Coordinates (Spike Chunsoft, 11/30/17) – 8,353 (New)
    13. [PS4] Little Witch Academia: Chamber of Time (Bandai Namco, 11/30/17) – 8,069 (New)
    14. [NSW] Resident Evil Revelations Collection (Capcom, 11/30/17) – 6,540 (New)
    15. [3DS] Style Savvy: Styling Star (Nintendo, 11/03/17) – 6,450 (61,055)
    16. [PS4] Star Wars Battlefront II (Deluxe Edition Included) (EA, 11/17/17) – 5,886 (55,389)
    17. [NSW] Nobunaga’s Ambition: Taishi (Koei Tecmo, 11/30/17) – 5,636 (New)
    18. [PS4] Hatsune Miku: Project Diva Future Tone DX (Limited Edition Included) (Sega, 11/23/17) – 5,579 (40,475)
    19. [PS4] Gran Turismo Sport (Limited Edition Included) (SIE, 10/19/17) – 5,542 (198,985)
    20. [NSW] 1-2-Switch (Nintendo, 03/03/17) – 4,758 (287,866)

Read more at https://gematsu.com/2017/12/media-create-sales-11-27-17-12-3-17#Y8rR5HTkPX8rMppy.99

Switch sales are down 20,000 on last week. They're doomed! DOOMED, I tell you! :p

You'd better get one before it's discontinued then. :)

Only six of the top twenty selling games in Japan were on non-Nintendo platforms.
    And that was only the PS4.
    The rest were eight Switch games and six 3DS games.
    Nintendo must be rolling in lovely cash right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

No sign of the XB1 on the top 20 JP charts, 'cause Microsoft doesn't sell much at all in Japan.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,966 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

No sign of the XB1 on the top 20 JP charts, 'cause Microsoft doesn't sell much at all in Japan.

I'm pretty sure Microsoft properly cracking Japan is just ahead of a plague of locusts in terms of the end times.

I can't stand the $**** but I'll report it nonetheless.

Ryan Reynolds to Star in Pokemon Movie 'Detective Pikachu' (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

It may as well be a combination of tea and coffee. Both singularly putrid but without equal combined. Sorry, that's probably doing a disservice to Reynolds. They ignored the fan call of DeVito.

And the game still hasn't been localised yet

You'd have imagined that, after Green Lantern, Reynolds would be making smarter decisions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

You'd have imagined that, after Green Lantern, Reynolds would be making smarter decisions.

Deadpool... :)

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Deadpool... :)

Such a good picture, can't wait for the sequel, and the inevitable Thanos jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I quite liked the film. I might go and see the sequel when it comes out.

Such a good picture, can't wait for the sequel, and the inevitable Thanos jokes.

Showing your age there, calling a movie a "picture". :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Showing your age there, calling a movie a "picture". :P

Your showing you've been americanised with your "movie", it's called a god damn Film.

iamtony wrote: »
    Your showing you've been americanised with your "movie", it's called a god damn Film.

*Americanized

So back on topic.... first Nintendo console everyone owned? SNES for me, got it the Christmas it released.

*Americanized

So back on topic.... first Nintendo console everyone owned? SNES for me, got it the Christmas it released.

First Ninty console was the NES for me. Remember playing Super Mario Bros outside Lifestyle Sports I think it was in Dun L shopping centre. Thought the game was amazing. Even using a joypad just felt so different - was used to Quickshot joysticks with the C64 etc. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

SNES was my first.. wanted the NES when it came out but my parents were having none of it.. it was hard enough trying to convince them that the Commodore 64 wasnt just for games :)

Gameboy, got it back when I was a student nurse in Sligo, 1990.
    The console was huge at the time, probably one of the first to really grab popular attention.
    Yes, the NES and Master System were out there but they had none of the following that the GB grabbed.;

NES Action Set with Mario/Duck Hunt on one cart, zapper and 2 controllers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gameboy with super Mario land 2 in 1992 when in holidays in Florida. That game made a mockery of my C64 games.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I loved Wild Gunman on the NES, must finish tidying my gamesroom and give it whirl this evening.
    Must pick up a Famicom zapper as well, for the Famicom and Famicom Twin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,779 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

CastorTroy wrote: »

My man

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

*Americanized

Both spellings are accepted in the English language but the version with the z in it is preferred by the Americans :)
    now back on topic..... What were we talking about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Switch is my first Nintendo console. Somehow managed to avoid them all my life. I see the error of my ways now.

Switch is my first Nintendo console. Somehow managed to avoid them all my life. I see the error of my ways now.

Jesus. :D

Whenever Nintendo get their act together with the Virtual Console you are in for some treat!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 52,003 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone play Super Beat Sports on the switch?

It might be the most disgustingly overlooked game of the year.

It's an update of a game first released on Apple TV. It looks like a Wii sports clone but it's actually music rhythm game from Harmonix and it's amazing.

• Advertisement
Advertisement