Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

I can't stand the $**** but I'll report it nonetheless.

Ryan Reynolds to Star in Pokemon Movie 'Detective Pikachu' (Exclusive)

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/ryan-reynolds-star-pokemon-movie-detective-pikachu-1065206

It may as well be a combination of tea and coffee. Both singularly putrid but without equal combined. Sorry, that's probably doing a disservice to Reynolds. They ignored the fan call of DeVito.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

And the game still hasn't been localised yet

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

You'd have imagined that, after Green Lantern, Reynolds would be making smarter decisions.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,456 Mod ✭✭✭✭Andrew76

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    You'd have imagined that, after Green Lantern, Reynolds would be making smarter decisions.

Deadpool... :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Deadpool... :)

Such a good picture, can't wait for the sequel, and the inevitable Thanos jokes.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I quite liked the film. I might go and see the sequel when it comes out.

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    Such a good picture, can't wait for the sequel, and the inevitable Thanos jokes.

Showing your age there, calling a movie a "picture". :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Showing your age there, calling a movie a "picture". :P

Your showing you've been americanised with your "movie", it's called a god damn Film.

iamtony wrote: »
    Your showing you've been americanised with your "movie", it's called a god damn Film.

*Americanized

So back on topic.... first Nintendo console everyone owned? SNES for me, got it the Christmas it released.

*Americanized

So back on topic.... first Nintendo console everyone owned? SNES for me, got it the Christmas it released.

First Ninty console was the NES for me. Remember playing Super Mario Bros outside Lifestyle Sports I think it was in Dun L shopping centre. Thought the game was amazing. Even using a joypad just felt so different - was used to Quickshot joysticks with the C64 etc. Good times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭bigphil2

SNES was my first.. wanted the NES when it came out but my parents were having none of it.. it was hard enough trying to convince them that the Commodore 64 wasnt just for games :)

Gameboy, got it back when I was a student nurse in Sligo, 1990.
    The console was huge at the time, probably one of the first to really grab popular attention.
    Yes, the NES and Master System were out there but they had none of the following that the GB grabbed.;

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

NES Action Set with Mario/Duck Hunt on one cart, zapper and 2 controllers

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Gameboy with super Mario land 2 in 1992 when in holidays in Florida. That game made a mockery of my C64 games.

CastorTroy wrote: »

I loved Wild Gunman on the NES, must finish tidying my gamesroom and give it whirl this evening.
    Must pick up a Famicom zapper as well, for the Famicom and Famicom Twin.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,775 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

CastorTroy wrote: »

My man

*Americanized

Both spellings are accepted in the English language but the version with the z in it is preferred by the Americans :)
    now back on topic..... What were we talking about again?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭blockfighter

Switch is my first Nintendo console. Somehow managed to avoid them all my life. I see the error of my ways now.

Switch is my first Nintendo console. Somehow managed to avoid them all my life. I see the error of my ways now.

Jesus. :D

Whenever Nintendo get their act together with the Virtual Console you are in for some treat!!

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Anyone play Super Beat Sports on the switch?

It might be the most disgustingly overlooked game of the year.

It's an update of a game first released on Apple TV. It looks like a Wii sports clone but it's actually music rhythm game from Harmonix and it's amazing.

• Advertisement

Andrew76 wrote: »
    Jesus. :D

Whenever Nintendo get their act together with the Virtual Console you are in for some treat!!

I can't wait for that to roll out. I've been an Xbox man since the first console, before that I had PS1 and then further back I was PC and Atari.

Played a little bit of Nintendo at friends houses back in the early 90s but most of my mates were Sega owners back then.

I can't wait for that to roll out. I've been an Xbox man since the first console, before that I had PS1 and then further back I was PC and Atari.

Played a little bit of Nintendo at friends houses back in the early 90s but most of my mates were Sega owners back then.
    a few months back i had a life long friend over for a few beers and he said I was right back in the day and the super Nintendo was better than his mega drive.
    It took him 25 years to say it but it's made our relationship stronger.

iamtony wrote: »
    a few months back i had a life long friend over for a few beers and he said I was right back in the day and the super Nintendo was better than his mega drive.
    It took him 25 years to say it but it's made our relationship stronger.

Well I can't weigh in on that argument as I've pretty much never played the SNES.
    Don't hate me. I blame my parents :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

.... first Nintendo console everyone owned?

My first Nintendo console was the N64. Prior to that, I had a plug-and-play that I had to make do with.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

I was N64 too. Transitioned from a Texas Instruments home computer to C64 to a couple of PC self builds and then Goldeneye and Zelda got their hooks in me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭McLoughlin

*Americanized

First Nintendo Console ...

March 2nd a Saturday 1991 the NES with Teenage Mutant Hero Turtles pack in title.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2012/08/teenage_mutant_hero_turtles_helped_to_save_nes

This week's UK Top 40 charts.

Individual Formats Charts
    DQw-ij_VoAAzMS6.jpg:small

Individual Formats Charts
    DQw_J-AU8AAYr5i.jpg:small

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 is gone already, it lasted a week. 1 week! That's sad, very disappointing and a failure in the UK at least. It did alright in Japan for its opening week, selling nearly 100k.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Xenoblade chronicles 2 had its best opening of the franchise in the UK showing 1/3 more sales than XCX. It's showing steady growth so far from other reports.

Xenoblade Chronicles X sold 10.5k first week in the UK. The game is doing well enough, I'm sure they'd like it to grow a little more though. But chances are it'll stay on the niche side forever.

Xenoblade chronicles 2 had its best opening of the franchise in the UK showing 1/3 more sales than XCX. It's showing steady growth so far from other reports.

Xenoblade Chronicles X sold 105k first week in the UK. The game is doing well enough, I'm sure they'd like it to grow a little more though. But chances are it'll stay on the niche side forever.

You're mixing stuff right up. XCX didn't sell 105,000 in the UK in its first week. 105,000 was the total sales for XCX in Japan for its first month on sale. XC2 sold 14,000 copies in the UK last week, in comparison to 10,500 for XCX's debut. The original Xenoblade Chronicles on Wii sold 6,000 copies during its first week in the UK.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

Just edited it after looking at my post. Forgot a dot between 10 and 5. 105,000 would be huge:)

Advertisement