Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I got rid of EA Access, just wasn't worth it to me at all.
    Truth is, my son plays the XB1 more than I, and when I've used it it's for my 360 collection.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I got rid of EA Access, just wasn't worth it to me at all.
    Truth is, my son plays the XB1 more than I, and when I've used it it's for my 360 collection.

It's pretty neat though, that all the first party games will be available 'free', day one? Don't wanna go too OT here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,014 ✭✭✭✭Corholio

Nintendo are discontinuing Miitomo on May 9th. It seemed an interesting idea in theory but something they never fleshed out properly really.

https://miitomo.com/en/notifications/180125/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

I only used it once, in order to get My Nintendo points, but then my dad dropped his phone in the pool at his workplace on that night, and I had to give him the iPhone 4S I was using and stick to a crappy phone.

Speedrunners have been playing Twilight Princess on the Nvidia Shield and having dug into the source code they have found, what they almost certainly believe, is that it is running on a GC emulator. Runs smooth and without known glitches as well, which first piqued their suspicion.

• Advertisement

Corholio wrote: »
    Speedrunners have been playing Twilight Princess on the Nvidia Shield and having dug into the source code they have found, what they almost certainly believe, is that it is running on a GC emulator. Runs smooth and without known glitches as well, which first piqued their suspicion.

Wouldn't have expected such a game to pop up on a non-Nintendo console, let alone the Shield.

Nice to see that it's performing nicely on the Shield. Not that I'd ever get one.

Wouldn't have expected such a game to pop up on a non-Nintendo console, let alone the Shield.

Nice to see that it's performing nicely on the Shield. Not that I'd ever get one.

It's only in China. Nvidia announced that deal a good few weeks ago. One of the most challenging to run on that system as well, so interesting that it runs so good apparently.

Some details from the Investor Meeting/Q and A

- 'Mario Kart Tour' will be the next smartphone app. More details released later, expected to launch before March 2019.
    - 75% of 'Animal Crossing Pocket Camp' users were female.
    - Nintendo had 50 times the number of requests for the Labo demonstrations than there was available places.
    - Mario animated movie planned jointly with Illumination entertainment, co-produced by Miyamoto.

Corholio wrote: »
    Some details from the Investor Meeting/Q and A

- 'Mario Kart Tour' will be the next smartphone app. More details released later, expected to launch before March 2019.
    - Mario animated movie planned jointly with Illumination entertainment, co-produced by Miyamoto.

What do you think Mario Kart Tour will be?

Miyamoto's involvement might spark some hope, but I'll still be skeptical, knowing the reputation of movie adaptations of games.

DVOMSXFXcAEznqR.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

Skyward Sword should read, "What's wrong with you?!"

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

I liked the Oracle games ...

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I liked the Oracle games ...

I have the original carts, barely played them though.
    I think Links Awakening DX is a pretty great companion piece to Link to the Past though.
    And, damn straight, the only weakness of BotW was the lack of proper LoZ dungeons, hopefully the eventual sequel in 2020 will bring them back.

A few of these descriptions on the image are inaccurate.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Why are you brave if you like Ocarina? It was my first Zelda

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Why are you brave if you like Ocarina? It was my first Zelda

I think it might be sarcastic because of Ocarina being commonly regarded as one of the best ever.

BotW may probably be my favourite, but I still miss the old dungeons.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,393 ✭✭✭Grassey

https://www.her.ie/tech/nintendo-ruin-childhoods-confirm-huge-fact-387826
    Nintendo 'ruin childhoods' as they confirm the truth about Toad's head

Bit of a strong headline that popped up in my news feed this morning....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Of course it's his head, they're mushroom people. Like the Goombas, only nice...

Why are people constantly overreacting about this kind of thing???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

Star Lord wrote: »
    Of course it's his head, they're mushroom people. Like the Goombas, only nice...

Why are people constantly overreacting about this kind of thing???

How dare you say people are over reacting, that's a disgusting attitude to possibly THE worst news ever in the history of news. You're worse than Stalin.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Advertisement

Does it mean we have an alternate Mario timeline/universe where the TV show took place then? :confused:

This has gone very LOZ very quickly!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

Yup. Toad -> Toadstool -> Mushroom.

Grassey wrote: »
    Does it mean we have an alternate Mario timeline/universe where the TV show took place then? :confused:

This has gone very LOZ very quickly!

The TV show was always canon dude, keep up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,052 ✭✭✭✭Tom Mann Centuria

News that the toadstool is part of Toad's head means Mario Chase in Nintendoland is much darker than I thought. No wonder Mario is running away, when the people chasing him have dead toads on their heads.

Oh well, give me an easy life and a peaceful death.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Those ones are hats, others are heads.

#notallheads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

I think it's between the two.

hqdefault.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

If you think about the various mushrooms in the Mario games, there's something sinister about them, are they Toads that got decapitated at the jaw and Mario eats them? That's what they look like. There's a lot of murders and buried heads in the Mushroom Kingdom. Or are they baby Toads? Even worse.
    1UP_Mushroom-Captain_Toad_1UP_Mushroom.jpg

:p

Some look like dickheads tbh

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

More importantly, are they all named Toad and Toadette?

• Advertisement

CastorTroy wrote: »
    More importantly, are they all named Toad and Toadette?

Of course they are.

Though saying I toadly toaded Toadette sounds much filthier than I smurfing smurfed Smurfette. :confused:

Advertisement