Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nintendo: General Discussion

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,783 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Irish Halo wrote: »
    I liked the Oracle games ...

The oracle games were amazing and one of the few Zelda games to be a decent challenge. I guess not many people played them as they came out after the GBA was launched.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

Played the Oracles on my 3DS for a while until I got stuck. Maybe I'll give them another run sometime.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,320 ✭✭✭Ace Attorney

The oracle games were great and the minish cap is a fantastic handheld Zelda probably my favourite. Would love another capcom developed zelda game for switch or 3ds.
    I do think the next zelda game well see will be a top down one.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The oracle games were great and the minish cap is a fantastic handheld Zelda probably my favourite. Would love another capcom developed zelda game for switch or 3ds. I do think the next zelda game well see will be a top down one.

They are far better games than Spirit Tracks & Phantom Hourglass were with the mandatory touch controls

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,260 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Ah, how could I forget the annoying stamping in Phantom Hourglass that I spent ages trying to figure out.
    Grassey wrote: »
    Of course they are.

Though saying I toadly toaded Toadette sounds much filthier than I smurfing smurfed Smurfette. :confused:
    So like Marklar?

And don't say such things about Toadette!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,348 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

CastorTroy wrote: »
    More importantly, are they all named Toad and Toadette?

Toadally.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,036 ✭✭✭wheresmahbombs

ERG89 wrote: »
    They are far better games than Spirit Tracks & Phantom Hourglass were with the mandatory touch controls

I've never played the DS Zelda games. Maybe I'm not missing out on much, but I'm still a bit curious to give them a try.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 794 ✭✭✭pasta-solo

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Cool! I have 410. Is that a lot? Or is it something like €4.10? :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,431 ✭✭✭MilesMorales1

Mr E wrote: »
    Cool! I have 410. Is that a lot? Or is it something like €4.10? :)

41 Cent.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 55,529 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I just read that one gold coin is one cent.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 264 ✭✭nairy hipples

Mr E wrote: »
    I just read that one gold coin is one cent.

From Nintendo's website. €4.10 apparently

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭earthwormjack

5% back on purchases going forward isn't too bad but I wish they'd increase the coins earned already for early adopters.

Saw an interview on Sky News with someone over Skype or whatever about the NHS. Not sure who the guy being interviewed was but the only things clearly visible in the background were 2 Edge magazines with Mario on the cover and a Dr Mario Amiibo. So clearly the guy is smart and should be taken seriously.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,017 ✭✭✭✭sligeach

It was Dr. Nick.
    qrupWrK.jpg

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Saw an interview on Sky News with someone over Skype or whatever about the NHS. Not sure who the guy being interviewed was but the only things clearly visible in the background were 2 Edge magazines with Mario on the cover and a Dr Mario Amiibo. So clearly the guy is smart and should be taken seriously.

My home is filled with copies of Edge, that must make me an authority on EVERYTHING!!!

Ah but do you have the Mario editions displayed prominently when being interviewed on Sky News?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,626 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

Ah but do you have the Mario editions displayed prominently when being interviewed on Sky News?

Dang... So close....

What a legend!
    I'm sure he dragged the vacuum over the floor, dusted and prepped the room within an inch of it's life prior to being on-screen, meaning that he was displaying those most important things in his life, his professional accreditations in the frames on the left, classic Edge magazines featuring Mario on the right, as well as that Dr Mario Amiibo, awesome!

I wonder if I can pop a few Edge cover posters on my office wall???

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,217 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Dr. Mario needed to be there given the subject matter.

Dr Mario's approach to using pills to fight viruses is directly contributing to the over prescription of antibiotics for conditions where antibiotics are not indicated, leading to the emergence of resistant diseases, such as MRSA.
    It's a disgrace Joe, a DISGRACE!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Don't be silly, Dr. Mario only prescribes placebos and snake-oil!

And the ones that mother gives you, don't do anything at all
    Go ask Alice, when she's ten feet tall.

• Nice Collection!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭Irish Halo

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
     that Dr Mario Amiibo, awesome!
    He has clearly placed that Amiibo and turned it to the camera.

STUDY FINDS THAT NINTENDO GAMERS ARE LEAST WILLING TO PURCHASE DLC AND ADDITIONAL CONTENT
    Wario_s_coins-696x392.jpg
    March 2018 – UK gamers are each spending over £450 a year in total on video games, downloadable content and microtransactions, according to new research.

The study, conducted by discount voucher site MyVoucherCodes, found that the average British console gamer is shelling out a whopping £473.401 on games, downloadable content (DLC) - such as additional levels and character enhancements – and virtual currency annually, revealing the changing face of video gaming in the UK.

Whilst the average UK gamer spends roughly £29 per game, they’ll typically spend an additional 50% (£15.46) on extra content that was not included in their initial purchase.

Looking specifically at the big three games console families2 – Nintendo, PlayStation and Xbox, Xbox owners were found to spend the most with a total expenditure 40% higher than the national average (£660.76) and 189% more than what Nintendo players are spending (£228.18).

Fans of the Microsoft console came up as the group of gamers most willing to spend, with three in four comfortable purchasing extra downloadable content and three in five open to purchasing often controversial microtransactions.

In contrast, Nintendo gamers were found to be the most sceptical of spending more, with fewer than half of the respondents willing to ever purchase any additional content. Continuing the trend, Nintendo players appear to be the savviest group when looking for cheaper deals, spending an average of £21 per game, £12 less than Xbox owners (£33) and £8 less than PlayStation owners (£29) – surprising considering RRPs for each game per platform is comparable.
    1.png

The research also reveals what the profile of the average UK gamer may look like – over half of gamers surveyed admitted that they choose which console to purchase solely based on family and friends, while a third stated that they make their decision based on graphics and console performance. Surprisingly, game exclusivity per platform was only a factor for a quarter of respondents.

While 34% of men stated that their favourite genre of game was sport and 28% of women disclosed a preference for puzzle games, action and adventure games topped the list for both genders. Women were found to dispel the myth that video games are a male-dominated hobby, with 13% spending over £100 on games compared to 14% of men.

Regionally, Northern Irish gamers are the biggest spenders, with a substantial 30% admitting to spending between £150-£200 a year compared to just 9% of Londoners and 16% of Scots. Interestingly, the North East of the UK appears to be the hotbed of British gaming with 13% spending over £200 a year on video game related purchases.

Chris Reilly, Managing Director of MyVoucherCodes commented: “It is interesting to see how gamers on different platforms approach their spending differently. For parents who may be looking to introduce their kids to video games, they may want to look to consoles that are shown to encourage the least additional spending.”

Source: PR email

https://gonintendo.com/stories/303672-study-finds-that-nintendo-gamers-are-least-willing-to-purchase-dl

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,182 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

Did that study take into account Amiibos which really are dlc or enable dlc or whatever; big whoop wanna fight about it...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,394 ✭✭✭Pac1Man

Jaysus. Remember them? Selfies in the 90s.

gameboy-camera-500x336.jpg

• Advertisement

'King of Kong' Star Stripped of High Scores, Banned From Competition

http://variety.com/2018/gaming/news/king-of-kong-stripped-of-title-1202751358/

Billy Mitchell has finally got his comeuppance and no I'm not talking about Eastenders. :p

Advertisement